Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Chatterbox
Hard question, but good question Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

silver_rain18

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:53 pm
Well, when you think about it, you wouldn't HAVE to think about it if you were really living during the times of the Holocaust. It would be kill the guard and free the Jews. If you were walking around in the woods, you must be on the run, right? (i'm guessing, anyway) So you're either a Jew yourself OR you've already helped a Jew and you're now in trouble for it. I don't agree with killing anyone but during those times, people didn't have a lot of choices. I would risk my life for the sake of G-d's people.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:22 pm
silver_rain18
Well, when you think about it, you wouldn't HAVE to think about it if you were really living during the times of the Holocaust. It would be kill the guard and free the Jews. If you were walking around in the woods, you must be on the run, right? (i'm guessing, anyway) So you're either a Jew yourself OR you've already helped a Jew and you're now in trouble for it. I don't agree with killing anyone but during those times, people didn't have a lot of choices. I would risk my life for the sake of G-d's people.

Why did you blank out the o in God? Just curious because I have never seen someone do that.  

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

silver_rain18

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:22 pm
Br1ttana
silver_rain18

Why did you blank out the o in God? Just curious because I have never seen someone do that.

Yeah, I never used to do that but I started a few years back. Our family always tries to follow a lot of Jewish ways because they're G-d's people. Well, then again, Jewish people aren't the only ones who do this. There are people who believe G-d is so almighty and powerful that we don't even deserve to write his name. It does make sense, doesn't it? If you really believe G-d is more powerful than anything, it's a way of respect and fear towards Him. I hope that explanation is alright. I apologize, I'm not really that good at explaining things to others. lol  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:41 pm
silver_rain18
Br1ttana
silver_rain18

Yeah, I never used to do that but I started a few years back. Our family always tries to follow a lot of Jewish ways because they're G-d's people. Well, then again, Jewish people aren't the only ones who do this. There are people who believe G-d is so almighty and powerful that we don't even deserve to write his name. It does make sense, doesn't it? If you really believe G-d is more powerful than anything, it's a way of respect and fear towards Him. I hope that explanation is alright. I apologize, I'm not really that good at explaining things to others. lol

You explained it perfectly. ^_^ I can definitly understand that and it makes complete sense. I just had never seen anybody do that. I knew that when they were writing the bible, the priests wrote God's name without vowels because his name was so holy and also so the people wouldn't be able to use his name wrongly. But that was the only thing I had heard about that.  

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

silver_rain18

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:46 pm
Br1ttana
silver_rain18
Br1ttana
silver_rain18

You explained it perfectly. ^_^ I can definitly understand that and it makes complete sense. I just had never seen anybody do that. I knew that when they were writing the bible, the priests wrote God's name without vowels because his name was so holy and also so the people wouldn't be able to use his name wrongly. But that was the only thing I had heard about that.

Yep, yep. ^.^ And I'm glad I made sense for once. lol  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:19 am
Well I don't believe the Jews should've been Gods chosen people, but i dont think that the Holocaust was right so i would have killed a guard to save Jews, but it wouldnt be easy to get them out because they wouldn't have energy b/c they werent fed and they were dehydrated  

Born To Bleed

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:54 pm
It says we must obey our leaders for God put them there for a reason. It also says not to kill. Instead I would try to tell them about Jesus. That way when they die they would go to heaven.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:55 pm
Born To Bleed
Well I don't believe the Jews should've been Gods chosen people, but i dont think that the Holocaust was right so i would have killed a guard to save Jews, but it wouldnt be easy to get them out because they wouldn't have energy b/c they werent fed and they were dehydrated

Isn't that going against scripture though? After all God chose them for a reason.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Kyramud

Lonely Phantom

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:17 am
gothic_black_rose
It says we must obey our leaders for God put them there for a reason. It also says not to kill. Instead I would try to tell them about Jesus. That way when they die they would go to heaven.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the command is closer to murder, not really kill. Splitting hairs, I know, but there is a distinction between killing someone, and murdering them.

I've got a question for the people wanting to disarm or incapacitate the guard, but before I ask, I'll answer the question with my opinion.

Personally there's really no other option but to kill him. If you shoot him dead, he won't be able to report to his superiors that you rescued the prisoners, so in all likelihood, you'd be able to effectively rescue the Jews and see them to safety. I'm not saying shooting him dead is the best option, but it's the one with the least repercussions.

Now, to the rest. Really, one of the only reasons you were there walking would be, A: You're already on the run, so running in to an outpost with Jewish prisoners with one guard wouldn't be that much out of the ordinary. B: You're a soldier scouting for the enemy positions, so finding an enemy you are at war with, pointing a gun at prisoners, and potentially you, wouldn't present much of a difficult choice as to how to proceed. Or, C: you're just at the wrong place at the wrong time. In which case there is a bit of a dilemma, but not much of one.

Unless you happen to be an excellent shot, shooting him in the hand is really a very challenging prospect. Most people haven't had the opportunity to practice shooting a gun, so hitting someone in the hand presents a very slim chance, at best. Whereas, shooting him in the chest would offer a greater chance of actually hitting the spot you were aiming for. Especially if the guard were to notice your entering the room, as I'm sure would be bound to happen. In which case, shooting him in the hand gets a whole lot tougher, because that hand is now holding a gun, that is now pointed at you.

Another question. Have any of you ever had a gun pointed at you, where the intent of the person holding the gun was to potentially kill you? If you haven't, then you really need not answer in the first place. I can assure you that in real life, having someone point ANY weapon at you is a lot more scary than people tend to realize. You don't have time to try to proselytize. At that point it's kill or be killed.

Which brings me to my third point. This is an entirely hypothetical situation. As such, every input will be entirely speculation. There really is no way to know what anyone would do in such situation, until you are in that moment making the decision. There is a huge difference between talking about something, and actually being being there, in the moment, scared out of your wits, but forced to make a split decision with real life consequences that, should you choose wrong or fail to act quickly enough, could prove fatal. So, we can discuss all we want to about how you would do this, or you would do that, but I would put money up that more than half would do something different if the situation were to occur, and that the remainder would most likely not act in the first place.

P.S.
I apologize if I offend any one. I truly do. I just get tired of seeing conversations like this among youth, when they haven't actually lived it. Everyone wants to think they would do something in a given situation, and everything would turn out how they envision it; but the reality is so completely different from speculation. And it really irritates me to think that people would have the nerve to suggest otherwise. So, I do apologize for reacting so strongly to this thread. But this hits a little close to home, so you'll have to forgive me.  
Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff