Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LorienLlewellyn

Quotable Informer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:50 pm
Kaz Likes Cookies
by the way guys, I posted the pic of me in it while trying it on. smile I edited the top post. obviously not going to have a strap when i wear it for prom!

Looks good to me!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:37 am
I went to my senior prom with my close friend nicknamed Fish as my 'date'.

Though I spent most the night flirting with my best friend's cousin, she was adorable so I couldn't help it really. Fish was cool about it, I apologized later and he said it was fine and he understands. -was single at the time-

I'm getting invited as another friend's date this year even though I'm 19 I'm still excited to go. I didn't go my junior year so this is sort of making up for that. <3 I'm pretty happy.

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:49 am
Well, I've already said I like the dress but, I do like it so..it's okay to repeat it =P

Anyways, I didn't go to prom...I don't like dances ...at least not if they don't involve spiked punch. xp
But, you seem excited and I hope you have a lot of fun and take pictures and share your experience with us ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:55 pm
In need of some advice...

so talking to some of my best friends, they seem to think that a lighter color would've suited me better...now i'm doubting and not getting any support from my friends...please help.  

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:10 pm
I suppose it really all depends on the kind of 'look' you're going for or something, but I personally think there's no going wrong with a black dress (I had a black one meself). It still looks really good on you.

Besides, the only opinion that should matter is your own. Don't let your friends sway your thoughts too much.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:12 pm
I've always been a fan of darker colors. They're slimming and suitable for most events. Also, if an accident happens and say a beverage is spilled on you, it wont be as noticeable.
Anyways, I think the dress looks good on you and I wouldn't worry about it but, that's just my opinion.  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:17 pm
You are very light skinned, I know for myself I think I look terrible in light colors.

Here's the thing, if you like the dress on yourself then you shouldn't give a hoot what other people think.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:19 pm
I love the dress. I keep wanting to take it out of the dress bag and model it cause I love it so much.  

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:21 pm
Then stick with it to the end! ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:26 am
Ah... Tiem 2 pr3y. >;3  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:45 pm
Pretty dress! whee The cut and style look really good on you.

Anyhow, at my Junior prom, I went with my high school boyfriend and it was sweet at the time, but at the end of the night when I kissed him...he made a face and went, "You taste like orange soda. And don't move your mouth so much next time." gonk That relationship didn't last too much longer...mostly because he wanted to get in my pants and I was not about to do that in high school talk2hand

My senior prom: The friend I was gonna go with got academic probation, and friend of mine who was a freshman got dumped by her boyfriend the week before prom. So she and I went together. xp We thought it would be funny though it wound up being more akward than I expected, because she kept wanting to dance with me to make her boyfriend jealous sweatdrop She and I were just pletonic friends, but I felt a little used that night.

Long story short: both my proms pretty much sucked, though there were some nice moments about both, neither one was particularly important to me.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:26 pm
That's a pretty dress and a good fit for you!

I went to my prom but I left early because there was an altercation at my table. My highschool experience wasn't the greatest. But I hope yours works out great. Let us know!  

icywind1980

Ice-Cold Neko

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:36 pm
Well now. I didn't go to my junior prom due to being in Hawai'i at the time. So no loss there. I was never really big into dances anyway. Course, my senior year, the girl I was dating insisted that we go. We went. I was bored out of my mind. Ended up falling asleep at the table after dinner. Broke up with her after I woke up, and left her there. Then I proceeded to go home and sleep. Biggest waste of money and time ever.

For me anyway. Like I said earlier, I'm not big on dances. Nor could I dance to save my life. But if you like the idea, go for it! As long as you'll have fun. And I don't think it's ever too early to ask someone to prom. I mean, might as well. Don't wanna be like Ron and Hermione during the 4th book...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:54 pm
I only went to Sr. Prom as I know my family don't really like me to stay out late anyway. Well most of my friends and even I wasn't really supposed to go to the prom we kind of went against the family very sneakily went. We got all our dresses for free! That's right for free thanks to the princess project here in the Bay area! I had a long dress even though I'm shorter than you! xp (4 feet & 9inches) It was a long sparkling blue dress with a mini train and I had a crown. My friends mostly either had pink and black dresses or solid colors. We only went to the prom and didn't stay the whole time. It was kind of like Cinderella because my aunt go off work at Midnight so we all had to be there and back in plain clothes by at least 1:20am any later and it would had been a big, big trouble. Er we all got caught anyway because of the stupid year book and our teachers couldn't shut up about it. But that's another story.

Your dress is wonderful and I hope you have lots of fun!  

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:04 pm
Money spent on Prom: Nada. We did our own hair and nails. (Yay for being Asian LOL) Plus like I said we got our dresses, jewelry, and purses for free.

Why Prom seems to be getting earlier and earlier each year. I dunno. I guess so they can make you suffer more during the year. Like they give you all the fun stuff early so they can work all of you like animals the rest of year. I would hate being in High School nowadays...

When to ask a person to prom Just go with friends. You will have more fun. Guys in high school drain the funniest away cause they just want to grope you and mess up your make-up. Who needs that?  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff