Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Chatterbox
Not your Average Girl (girls only) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your_Moirail

Wealthy Gekko

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:20 pm
Br1ttana
faithful quenga
Br1ttana
faithful quenga
Br1ttana
Most girls don't want a sword xd

There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

I own a plethora of knives, hunting blades (not used for hunting lol), and other such stuff.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

kitty of the dark
i do! its a (real) pirate sword not joking i found it in my backyard behind my shed...

You lucky ducks! ^_^ My uncle got a sword from one of the rich family members from my aunt's side a few years ago. I'm not sure if he still has it though.

budk.com has some pretty awesome swords (cheap or not) lol. I was raised around mostly boys so my mom was cool with me having knives and stuff. No one was allowed to sword fight though which was up held until we got those bamboo swords... then it was game on and everyone had bruises lol

I DO NOT recommend anyone doing that!! It's so NOT safe!

My guy friends and I have done Light Saber fights. I am still surprised that none of us got hurt. I forgot about this, but when I was 10 or something my 'friend's" brother taught her and I to sword fight with foam swords. It was quite fun and educational. ^_^

That sounds AWSOME!!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:37 pm
Yumi421
lol Im more of the emo-girl type. I hate talking around my family, Im like a reject to them so whats the point?? uhmm....I hate skirts and dresses too. My phone is usualy on silent. No piercings either :] yay

I feel like this generation of girls are losing interest in the church. Im not surprised, there are alot of corrupt churches out there who want their girls to have the perfect image. "angelic". They have to realize its not about looks. like seriously. Thats how I feel

I, also, am kind of emo. I only wear shorts and T-shirts (jeans and button-tops to church),or pants with a jacket when it's cold. I hate phones and iPods and all that stuff. I've never dated. I don't approve of dating. I follow the path of Josh Harris. I'm a Rebelutionary. I don't shave. I never wear make up. I think the 'woman's rights' thing is damned messed up and only takes or rights and abilities. I want to get out of school and get married, work a bit, and have children and be a stay-at-me mother. I do not want to go through college. If anything, volunteer work at a PRC (pregnancy resource center.) I hate twilight. I don't watch movies much, and I only like a few. I hate TV. I like Star War and Lord of the Rings. I read. No piercings. I don't play video-games or Wii. I refuse to sex or even be sexual except with my husband, if I marr.  

Luthien Padme

Lonely Phantom

13,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250

Riku Elmwick

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:58 pm
Br1ttana
First thing I'd like to say is why has the post explosion stopped? Second thing, I think the girls in this guild post a lot more than the guys. So congratz. Main Topic= I am not your average girl. I don't meet the standards of this world and chasing after boys is not my thing. I have never had a boyfriend. I don't sleep around. I also do not wear make-up like most girls my age, and it took major peer pressure from my friends just to get my ears pierced once. I tend to make friends with guys over Halo and I am slightly tom boyish. I hate skirts and dresses, jeans are my thing always. I don't have a closet filled with clothes and still not know what to wear. Alot of my clothing is really baggy, just weird looking, big, or just something that I got as a present which can not be exchanged. Most girls my age also don't play with Barbie, or their stuffed animals. I also hate talking on the phone, and don't have a cell to text all my friends 24/7. I'm afraid to go for my driving lesson for fear that I'll crash into the ditch. xd The average girl would speed out the door to the car with her phone ready if she gets a text. Also I love Jesus, which is not an average girl type thing. The 'average girl' has gotten a lot worse in the past years, which makes me even less average...and I like it. You're not an average girl either, are you? We need to show the world how unaverage we are. Just thought this would be good to post for encouragement to be different and also the posting has slowed.

YOUR EXACTLY LIKE ME exept for one thing, i do have a boyfriend.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:25 pm
Do your friends ever tease you for how different you are? I mean, Ive had friends call me the "pure one" and you can tell that they're always watching what they say or do around you. confused Just because I'm a bit different, they'll go over the top to think I'm more of a freak but they'll still respect my choices and come to me for advice because we're still friends and get along.
I had my ears pierced when I was five or six so I honestly don't think that counts. xd If I was a bit older, I probably wouldn't have had the guts. I started wearing makeup when I was 15 but only wear it very naturally. Most people don't realize I wear makeup now. lol I stopped playing with toys last yr (I'm 19 now) and have gotten rid of most but I occasionally still play with toys when the kids in the neighborhood come to my door. I still have my stuffed animals (the only toys I can't get rid of) and I've grown up as a tomboy as well. With two brothers and a childish dad, it's made me more into video games (i'm also more into sports than my brothers are lol). My wardrobe was also baggy and boyish but, now that I'm older, I've come to have more stylish clothes with a small budget. I've never had a boyfriend, never been kissed, don't swear, drink, do drugs, but i LOVE to drive. I'm an excellent driver and can't wait to get my own car (got my license last yr).
I've always been a pushover, forgiving everyone and getting along with anyone. My friends hate that because I can even get along with their enemies (but i don't). Because of getting stepped on and back-stabbed in the past, I've come to have a more independent attitude through my beliefs. I'll forgive someone but I won't stick around to make the same mistakes. I don't care what people say about me but when they mess with my family and friends, they'll think twice after meeting me. I also became one of those "home-schooled freaks" after 6th grade so I wasn't there to defend my friends throughout school). I probably would've gotten into a lot of fights if I DID go to school). lol
If that isn't different from most girls, I don't know what is. Isn't it hard to find the right friends to hang out with these days? Throughout my life, I've only found ONE friend who's more than half like me and I've been friends with her since I was eight. She lives in CA now (i'm in WA), but we're still inseparable.
Well, you asked for an un-average girl and it looks like you're getting quite a few here. I also congratulate anyone who actually read my long and boring life. lol Ta!  

silver_rain18

Your_Moirail

Wealthy Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:05 pm
Luthien tinuviel_beren
Yumi421
lol Im more of the emo-girl type. I hate talking around my family, Im like a reject to them so whats the point?? uhmm....I hate skirts and dresses too. My phone is usualy on silent. No piercings either :] yay

I feel like this generation of girls are losing interest in the church. Im not surprised, there are alot of corrupt churches out there who want their girls to have the perfect image. "angelic". They have to realize its not about looks. like seriously. Thats how I feel

I, also, am kind of emo. I only wear shorts and T-shirts (jeans and button-tops to church),or pants with a jacket when it's cold. I hate phones and iPods and all that stuff. I've never dated. I don't approve of dating. I follow the path of Josh Harris. I'm a Rebelutionary. I don't shave. I never wear make up. I think the 'woman's rights' thing is damned messed up and only takes or rights and abilities. I want to get out of school and get married, work a bit, and have children and be a stay-at-me mother. I do not want to go through college. If anything, volunteer work at a PRC (pregnancy resource center.) I hate twilight. I don't watch movies much, and I only like a few. I hate TV. I like Star War and Lord of the Rings. I read. No piercings. I don't play video-games or Wii. I refuse to sex or even be sexual except with my husband, if I marr.

WOW!! WAY TO GO!!! YOU ROCK!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:30 pm
silver_rain18
Do your friends ever tease you for how different you are? I mean, Ive had friends call me the "pure one" and you can tell that they're always watching what they say or do around you. confused Just because I'm a bit different, they'll go over the top to think I'm more of a freak but they'll still respect my choices and come to me for advice because we're still friends and get along.
I had my ears pierced when I was five or six so I honestly don't think that counts. xd If I was a bit older, I probably wouldn't have had the guts. I started wearing makeup when I was 15 but only wear it very naturally. Most people don't realize I wear makeup now. lol I stopped playing with toys last yr (I'm 19 now) and have gotten rid of most but I occasionally still play with toys when the kids in the neighborhood come to my door. I still have my stuffed animals (the only toys I can't get rid of) and I've grown up as a tomboy as well. With two brothers and a childish dad, it's made me more into video games (i'm also more into sports than my brothers are lol). My wardrobe was also baggy and boyish but, now that I'm older, I've come to have more stylish clothes with a small budget. I've never had a boyfriend, never been kissed, don't swear, drink, do drugs, but i LOVE to drive. I'm an excellent driver and can't wait to get my own car (got my license last yr).
I've always been a pushover, forgiving everyone and getting along with anyone. My friends hate that because I can even get along with their enemies (but i don't). Because of getting stepped on and back-stabbed in the past, I've come to have a more independent attitude through my beliefs. I'll forgive someone but I won't stick around to make the same mistakes. I don't care what people say about me but when they mess with my family and friends, they'll think twice after meeting me. I also became one of those "home-schooled freaks" after 6th grade so I wasn't there to defend my friends throughout school). I probably would've gotten into a lot of fights if I DID go to school). lol
If that isn't different from most girls, I don't know what is. Isn't it hard to find the right friends to hang out with these days? Throughout my life, I've only found ONE friend who's more than half like me and I've been friends with her since I was eight. She lives in CA now (i'm in WA), but we're still inseparable.
Well, you asked for an un-average girl and it looks like you're getting quite a few here. I also congratulate anyone who actually read my long and boring life. lol Ta!

I read it! ^_^ I am home-schooled also, have been since 9th(I'm in 12th). My friends have nagged me a lot about it. Every year they have complained when I told them that I wasn't going back and begged me to change my mind. My friends don't really watch what they do around me, but they do see me as the 'innocent' type. I have also been back stabbed a lot too, it's not very fun. :l I had one 'friend' who was supposed to be a Christian, but it turned out that she was a hypocrite. I had my ears pierced at 6, but I couldn't get to sleep that night because they were too uncomfortable. My mom came in, took them out, and saved the earrings until I got my ears pierced again. When you said that you put make-up on naturally that made me remember that very very very very rarely I do put on some cover up make-up because I sadly have this stupid thing called Acne (yipee!). Even though it's a pain, I try to look at it in a positive light and think it has helped me a bit, because if I didn't I might be very obsessed with my looks. That's another thing I forgot to mention before. I'm happy with my body and looks unlike many girls who freak out a lot about how they need to trim down, or bring down others who they deem not 'beautiful'. Even though I am happy and comfortable with my body and looks, I do not like to show it off. I do not care to show mid-drift and for my bathing suit, I perfer boy shorts and the tops that cover your top more than a bikini? (hope you can figure out what I'm saying there. eek ) I have one bathing suit that I have no idea why I bought, but I do not feel comfortable in it at all. I also unlike many girls do not want to go shopping 24/7 or be how my cousin is and be happy if I died from a terrorist attack on the mall, because "Atleast I would be happy shopping." No one in my family is very interested in sports, and my dad is the only guy in the house who does watch football rarely. He would probablly watch it more if my mom didn't disgust sports so much, but I heart LOVE heart sports. I'm not very good at them, but I do love them. whee  

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:40 pm
faithful quenga

I played with my barbie dolls up until I was 16yrs old ( moved and it all got destroyed in the move). I played with my stuffed animals all the way through my pregnancy and now I play with them with my little girl.

I love making up little soap operas with my Barbies. Since I have a huge amount of Barbies and only two Kens it kind of makes more drama. whee My cousin (same age) when she came over used to play Barbies with me, but since about two years ago all she does is sit on my computer loading her MP3 player with music that she "must have". I'm sorry to hear that all your dolls got destroyed. Poor Barbies, may they rest in peace. To that last part of your messsage-AWWWWWWWWWWW. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:04 pm
I am defiantly not average. I had one boyfriend in first grade (I don't count that because we just sat by each other on the bus for a weak then i broke up with him.) I don't wear makeup either. I have never had my ears pierced. I am allergic to fur and peanuts. I am not a girly girl but i do like pink (because i like all colors now) and i love rabbits. I have exercised endused asthma. Me and my brother sleep in my living room (because my mom and dad sleep in separate rooms and this is a 2 bedroom house.) My mom is mentally ill, my dad has anger issues and my brother has otism. I am an artist and love to draw. I am an intern in my church and not afraid to say I love God. I understand things about the bible better than most of my friends. I took a spiritual gifts test and i have the gift of compassion and prophecy. I have actually heard people speak in tongues (it was amazing) I don't cry when people die even though it makes me sad and depressed i can't cry.I collect dolls (all kinds, barbies, bratz, etc,) I own billions of stuffed animals including hello kitty. I have long hair and i want to keep growing it until it's down to my hips so i can donate it. I have a cell phone that i lost and i am not allowed to text so i haven't become addicted to it. Unlike all my friends i listen to Christian Music usually on a daily basis and I make my dad listen to it to instead of country music on Sundays. I sneeze daily all the time. I am in the 'emo' froup for some reason even though none of us are emo. I have the most unique name out of all my friends. My friend Emaliegh has the most unique spelling of her name. I am on my youth group drama team. I am a misfit basically.  

Secret_lillies

Desirable Genius

ohay its libb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:53 pm
I'm somewhat average, I guess.

I wear makeup, I really can't stand going out in public without it on. and, if I do then I feel insecure. I do go crazy about how I look though.
although it does depend on how I feel or what day it is/what I am doing that day. I wear a bit oversized clothes, especially when I'm wearing a jacket and or coat. I hate small ones, I've always liked big baggy ones --nothing too big though. most of how I look, always depends. its weird, sorta. and, in the summer when I go swimming I don't wear bikinis/anything that is too 'revealing'. my parents taught me that I should be modest on what & how I look with what I'm wearing, and I agree with them on that. when it comes to jeans, I never reject 'em. I've always liked wearing jeans. tight ones also. having baggy/big jeans irritates the heck out of me. and I remember when I use to go to school [for two years of my life, kindergarten - 1st.] my mom would take me shopping, she would go to the boys jean department to find me some. I can't remember why, but, it didn't upset me at the time though. when I started getting older I realized the difference of the looks in the boys & girls style jeans.

I've asked my mom why she bought me the boys jeans, I'm not sure of this, but I think she said it was 'cause they didn't have the girls in my says height wise. but, yeah.
I'm never going back to wearing boys jeans haha.

and, also, I don't have a boyfriend either, or have had one.
I believe that I should wait till I find the guy God wants me to marry when I am much older & more mature. my friends have always tried to get guys to ask me out, which, they have. but I rejected them. and most of the time whenever they ask why I tell them I'm not aloud to date. [my parents don't allow me to.] sometimes some guys don't get it, I just let it go though.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:55 pm
Secret_lillies
I am in the 'emo' froup for some reason even though none of us are emo.

I was never considered "emo" but I was more considered dark rocker almost goth. The "emo" genre was just beginning in my area when I was about 15. Now it seems everyone that isn't happy and chipper is tossed into the emo category.

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

saphiragale

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:03 pm
hmmm...I can kinda relate to you...exept...I'm a little bit more..punk-ish..I guess...(I do Believe in Christ)... I wear skirts that are torn up...I wear lot's n' friken lots of jeans. I LOVE GOING OUT TO THE SHOOTING RANGE WITH MY BROTHER!!!! yay Desert Eagle! ^-^  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:51 pm
Br1ttana
silver_rain18

I read it! ^_^ I am home-schooled also, have been since 9th(I'm in 12th). My friends have nagged me a lot about it. Every year they have complained when I told them that I wasn't going back and begged me to change my mind. My friends don't really watch what they do around me, but they do see me as the 'innocent' type. I have also been back stabbed a lot too, it's not very fun. :l I had one 'friend' who was supposed to be a Christian, but it turned out that she was a hypocrite. I had my ears pierced at 6, but I couldn't get to sleep that night because they were too uncomfortable. My mom came in, took them out, and saved the earrings until I got my ears pierced again. When you said that you put make-up on naturally that made me remember that very very very very rarely I do put on some cover up make-up because I sadly have this stupid thing called Acne (yipee!). Even though it's a pain, I try to look at it in a positive light and think it has helped me a bit, because if I didn't I might be very obsessed with my looks. That's another thing I forgot to mention before. I'm happy with my body and looks unlike many girls who freak out a lot about how they need to trim down, or bring down others who they deem not 'beautiful'. Even though I am happy and comfortable with my body and looks, I do not like to show it off. I do not care to show mid-drift and for my bathing suit, I perfer boy shorts and the tops that cover your top more than a bikini? (hope you can figure out what I'm saying there. eek ) I have one bathing suit that I have no idea why I bought, but I do not feel comfortable in it at all. I also unlike many girls do not want to go shopping 24/7 or be how my cousin is and be happy if I died from a terrorist attack on the mall, because "Atleast I would be happy shopping." No one in my family is very interested in sports, and my dad is the only guy in the house who does watch football rarely. He would probablly watch it more if my mom didn't disgust sports so much, but I heart LOVE heart sports. I'm not very good at them, but I do love them. whee

Yeah. -.- I used to hate wearing my bathing suit. Which was really bad because i LOVED to swim. I wasn't exactly "fat". more like chubby or a bit overweight. I would always get onepiece suits and wear shorts over them (but i also didn't like to wear shorts either). But in the past year i knocked off 20 pounds (yay!) and i don't care what people think anymore. I still like to wear a onepiece but i don't wear shorts with them anymore.
I'm not very good at sports either. lol Well, i'm good at some of them but even the ones i'm not good at, I love anyway. I just love how fun and active it is. my friends and brothers can never keep up with me. lol they'll want a break or say it's too hot (in the summer) and want to stop. And i'll be, "What!?!? We just got out here!!!" lol  

silver_rain18

Nerd_of_Many_Faces

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:20 am
color me with roses

I'm not the average girl either, unlike most of the girls in my grade I'm Christen and I don't sleep with guys I barely know. I like to wear make up but I tend to be more on the scene/emo side. I like the bright color skinny jean, band shirts and studded belts and converse. I'm also very nerdy, which everyone loves. I love to be on the computer and play in the school band (: They say what you see is what you get, well there is more behind my face than it seems (: (: (:

I Know, I'm exactly like that minus the makeup and the people in my grade sleeping with other people (at least not that I know of).  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:35 pm
Haha
Barlow Girl ;D  

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:50 pm
x-Mentally Green-x
Haha
Barlow Girl ;D

You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

LOL! I'm so glad someone finally got that!

Because grey will not do.

Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces