Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
Vampires are like those that aren't saved! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is she talking about?
  Something I've never thought of before.
  I don't have any idea.
View Results

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:45 pm
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

how are werewolves like the saved?

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:51 pm
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

What Faithful said, How are werewolves like the saved??????

Because grey will not do.

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:59 pm
If you watch the classic movies you'll see that they don't want to change. They don't want to be a monster. In one movie the guy says lock me up, chain me to a wall, do what ever you can just don't let me change. It is like that for Christians and sin. We don't want to do it. We fight it as much as we can even though from time to time we do give in. Yet there will always be that constant struggle of us trying not to sin as long as we are here on earth.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:36 pm
well what about these scenarios?

-Well what happens if there is a vampire "A"(for this sake of conversation, i'm going with letters) and bites person A who becomes vampire B, but vampire B doesn't act like a normal vampire and doesn't do "bad" deeds like they are "suppose" to do. is he still not saved?

-Well what happens when vampire B was a christian before he turned into a creature of the night.

like how bad things happen to good people.

Now with the whole vampire/werewolf thing. I think it depends on the whole what society thinks, time, and place that we can ask these questions. Like back then, it was if you where a vampire/werewolf, you would be killed on spot in Europe. Now and days its that some are good and coe-living among us and are thriving.  

captain gemi

Mythical Member

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:44 pm
captain gemi
well what about these scenarios?

-Well what happens if there is a vampire "A"(for this sake of conversation, i'm going with letters) and bites person A who becomes vampire B, but vampire B doesn't act like a normal vampire and doesn't do "bad" deeds like they are "suppose" to do. is he still not saved?

-Well what happens when vampire B was a christian before he turned into a creature of the night.

like how bad things happen to good people.

Now with the whole vampire/werewolf thing. I think it depends on the whole what society thinks, time, and place that we can ask these questions. Like back then, it was if you where a vampire/werewolf, you would be killed on spot in Europe. Now and days its that some are good and coe-living among us and are thriving.

Anyways if you do good things it won't get you into heaven. Paul put it best when he was talking about salvation. Ephenians 2:8-9 "For by grace you have been save through faith, not of yourselves - it is a gift from God not of works so that no man can boast."

Also it says once saved always saved. When it says a gift from God what do you think? Do you you think God would ever take back a gift? If he took back grace then it wouldn't be able to be called a gift anymore.

It's what I've had to teach my children's church kids. Grace is God's unmeritted favor. It is something we cannot earn ourselves. We can only be given it as gift. We can only get that gift when we accept Jesus as our Savior and Lord of our life.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:50 pm
I guess that makes sense then. good points.  

captain gemi

Mythical Member

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:52 pm
captain gemi
I guess that makes sense then. good points.

That last part I don't have any idea what you were talking about since you took my metaphorecal meaning and made it litteral.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:48 pm
My mom was talking to teens at our old church about vamps. I don't know if any of you knew. But the story on how vamps got started was where a man's wife died and he was so mad at God he took a cross and started to stab it. (The guy believed as the story goes) And God was so mad at the man God turned him into a vamp. Doesn't that send up red flags? God turning one of his children undead? That doesn't add up. If any of you wanna I could ask my mom to post on here about her story with stuff like vamps and so on and about what she looked up on vamps. (For her papers and so on that she had to write to tell the teens at our old church.)  

Harmonys Dream

5,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Beta Contributor 0

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:28 pm
Odd  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:32 pm
ah those are good similarities to a demon or devil! nice point  

Royal Crayon

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:38 pm
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

What a lovely story, it makes you want to jump up for joy. >_<

(Yes, that was sarcasm. >_<)

Because grey will not do.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:22 am
xXxFaiths DreamxXx
My mom was talking to teens at our old church about vamps. I don't know if any of you knew. But the story on how vamps got started was where a man's wife died and he was so mad at God he took a cross and started to stab it. (The guy believed as the story goes) And God was so mad at the man God turned him into a vamp. Doesn't that send up red flags? God turning one of his children undead? That doesn't add up. If any of you wanna I could ask my mom to post on here about her story with stuff like vamps and so on and about what she looked up on vamps. (For her papers and so on that she had to write to tell the teens at our old church.)

Actually that's from Bramstoker's Dracula. The guy was writing fictions. The idea of vampires came from people not understanding diseases and decompation. If people started dropping dead in the town you lived in they would have assumed it was a vampire.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Harmonys Dream

5,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:00 pm
gothic_black_rose
xXxFaiths DreamxXx

Actually that's from Bramstoker's Dracula. The guy was writing fictions. The idea of vampires came from people not understanding diseases and decompation. If people started dropping dead in the town you lived in they would have assumed it was a vampire.

Well I guess she didn't know because she said if she takes the book and reads it she is hooked again. Thats how I am.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:14 pm
xXxFaiths DreamxXx
gothic_black_rose
xXxFaiths DreamxXx

Well I guess she didn't know because she said if she takes the book and reads it she is hooked again. Thats how I am.

Interesting fact: the word vampyre, where we get the word vampire, origniate in germany around the 1300's  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Kyramud

Lonely Phantom

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:04 am
I'm pretty sure this whole argument is moot, seeing that the substance of the argument is one built from myths and legends. While you can argue certain points, the myth of the vampire is just that. A myth. There is no such creature as a vampire in real life, so characteristics of what makes a vampire a vampire are subject to change. Just like Bram Stoker did with the creation of Dracula. After Dracula, vamps were smooth talking seducers of women who would steal into a bedchamber in the middle of the night, deprive it's victim of it's blood, and run away to sleep through the day, until the next night, where it would start all over again. Before Dracula, vamps as a whole, weren't very attractive at all. They were actually more akin to demons. In more recent times, Vamps have taken to developing a moral compass, that steers them to feel compassion for the people they feed off of, or even to outright reject feeding off of humans all together and aiming for a more 'vegetarian life style'. So, arguing over vampires is really a waste of time, and energy that could be put to better use somewhere else.

On a side note, I disagree with the whole 'vamps are like unsaved, werewolves are like saved people' discussion. Neither one were given a choice in the matter, their affliction was forced upon them, whereas Adam and Eve, being our relative ancestors, and the first man and woman ever, decided for humans as a whole. We, after being born, are merely inheriting their consequences, until such a time that we are redeemed through the love and grace of Jesus Christ. So, while yes vamps do have certain similarities if you try to spin it to look a certain way, they really aren't that much like fallen man. For one, fallen man has a choice for redemption, and to change who they are fundamentally, where vamps (and werewolves) are eternally screwed over since there is no cure(depending on who is telling the story). Another point, If you want to bring up the 'original Vampire legends' don't use Stoker's "Count Dracula". He completely butchered every vampire legend leading up to that point, and afterwards set a trend of more attractive, seductive undead, where previously were only hideous monsters to be avoided at all costs.  
Christian friends

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff