Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lauryn de Vampyre

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:17 pm
Tastes like Rainbow. Sanuye and Loki

Lauren de Vampyre
The gentle rays of the sun slowly crept above the horizon as the morning presented itself to the world. A lone figure stood among the many miniature rolling hills, among the lengthy grass that swayed to and fro with every breath of wind, and watched silently as the sun presented itself to the world. The figure only moved slightly, a twitch of an ear, when the warmpth of those rays cascaded over her dark-colored body and over the mariad of designs that covered her coat. Cold bursts of mist eminated from the figures nostrils as she continued to breathe gently, her hot air mixing with the cold morning's.
Finally, after a few more minutes of waiting silently the sun had fully risen and the day had once more begun. It was only then that the lone creature moved and walked down the hill she had been standing on. With the light of the sun shining brightly, it was clear to any onlooker that the figure had always been that of a horse. An extraordinary horse. Instead of the natural colors that were bestowed upon every horse, this coat was adorned with a deep burnt red coloring. Upon that coloring was markings unlike those previously seen by any being, be it animals or the two-legged humans....until recently.

Sanuye lifted her head and let out a playful whinny and reared up with her front hooves scratching at air. Only the sunrise made her feel so alive. For that was what she was; a sunrise Spirited mare.

Finally free of her voluntary morning ritual, Sanuye began to canter down the grassland and over the various small hills that were spread out for miles. As she moved her gaze shifted to what she knew lay ahead; the human village. The mare had always been wary around humans and still had a general distrust for the two-legged animals. She had seen many of her own kind there, however, and wondered what it would be like. She had ventured into the villiage only once before and it had secured her suspicions about the nature of those humans. A human had dared try and mount her, and the results had been most humorous for any who had been there to witness it. Let us just say that the Indian who tried to mount her did not sit comfortable for a week.

It felt like it had been ages since the acursed event took place, and Sanuye was growing restless again. She had become accustomed to the rolling hillside that had been her home for as long as she could remember but there was something inside of her that was driving her to now seek the company of others, whether it be animal or human.

When Sanuye next lifted her head she snorted in suprise and came to a halt, realizing that she had gone further than she had intended. The village was only a few yards before her and she could hear the toiling of all the inhabitants, and even some whickers from her fellow horses. Her right hoof pawed at the ground, rustling up the dirt and the leaves which were fortunately not loud enough to alert anyone to her pressence.

All her senses told her that there were too many of the humans about, and that she should flee while she still had the chance. And yet another part of her urged her to stay, to continue watching.....
Cihiru
Always the late riser. Kali had given up on changing his ways some time ago, but still, he knew she would have groaned if she could see him now. But she couldn't - much to his relief, as she was off doing whatever it was annoying sisters did when they weren't being annoying. He gave a large yawn, throwing back his head and stretching finely muscled limbs, ending it all in a sigh that made his broad chest heave. When, finally, he convinced his eyes to open, they did so only slightly, cursing him with an I-just-woke-up expression as he cast his gaze around.

The sun was high enough now to throw its rays into his forest home, filtering beams through the thick canopy and spotting the leafy ground beneath it. He smiled slightly, appreciative of the knowledge that this morning... was not the morning he woke because the light was burning through his lids. Nor because Kali just had to yell in his ear. Nor because the nightmares that plagued him thought this time was a good time to make a visit. No, this was going to be a good day. It had to be, and he nodded assuredly.

Comforted with resolve, the stallion coiled muscles beneath him and sprang forward with full force, tearing through the woods at a gallop. His ivory colored hooves carried him easily, navigating with the experience only one who was raised here could possess. It was easy to get carried away - he'd go out of his way to leap over a fallen log, and weave his path through tightly spaced trees, giving a spirited buck every now and then. And he was out of forest before he realized it; he broke through the border without a thought, and pulled himself to a halt in the field on the other side. Loki threw a glance over his shoulder, at the forest line, then at the rolling hills ahead. May as well push ahead, he figured, and shrugged the unintentional detour away. But where to now?...

He observed his surroundings more carefully, sky blue orbs soaking up the countryside as he tried to settle on a new destination. Or, he could do things the old fashioned way and just go. Taking off without a plan never did hurt anything, right? Right. At least, not that he knew of; that would do. So, away he went again, limbs carrying him at a slightly more relaxed canter as he pushed through the swaying grasses, trying not to tell himself not that way as he crossed the countryside. He did a decent job of it too, wandering aimlessly, until he crested a hill with something in its valley that snagged his attention: the human village. Or the Kawani village, more specifically. At least, that's what he thought he heard Kali call it. She snooped around a lot more than he did, for one reason or another. Why was that, anway? How interesting could a gathering of these... 'humans' really be? Loki snorted then, realizing he had no idea what humans were, and thus could hardly be a reliable judge on how interesting their settlements might be. They must not be too bad though, if Soquilis would willingly choose to accompany them.

Now was as good a time as any to find out! Surprised as his spontaneity, the youthful adult urged himself down the hill, pressing toward the village. Sounds quickly met his ears, so diverse in their variety it was nearly overwhelming. He had a hard time discerning where one ended and another began; it was all a mess of clanking and murmers of what he blatantly assumed were voices. There were Soquilis too - or at least, what he thought were Soquilis. He could hear sparse whinnies, and as he neared, could smell them too. This was interesting, indeed. His curiousity piqued, Loki's reservations melted away, knowing too little to be worried and not enough to be satisfied.
Lauren de Vampyre
Sanuye's tail flicked idly as various insects sought to make her rump their perch, and listened to all the noises eminating from the village. There were strange noises, kinds that she had never heard before even in her brief interlude with the inhabitants. But that was to be expected, seeing as how she left in such a hurry last time. Shaking her head a little and tossing about her mane, she made herself forget about the past and concentrated instead on the sounds that were familiar to her; the sounds of her own kind. She listened, silently, for what seemed like minutes before coming to the conclusion that the sounds were not from Soquili that had been battered and broken by these humans, but they did indeed sound.......happy.

Her right foreleg pumped as her hoof pawed at the ground, and the chill morning air came out as puffs of smoke from her nostrills as she snorted. Torn between the two warring forces in her - that of curiosity and fear - she was just about to take a few steps foreward when another sound caught her attention. Swinging her head around to first the right, then the left, her eyes widened slightly as she spotted a white stallion Soquili who was also approaching the village (and by the looks of it with the same amount of trepidation she carried within her). Sanuye looked to the villiage, then back at him and decided the human village could and would wait. She called out a greeting whinny to announce her pressence, since sneaking up on another being could be unfortunate in many ways. She shook out her mane and happily made her way towards him.
Cihiru
One step, two steps, pause. Loki'd tilt his muzzle to the wind, velvet nostrils flaring as he took in the foreign smells, and flick his tail every now and then. There was the heavy tint of smoke, mixed with a sweet layer of lunch and the faintest hint of horses. He cocked his head skeptically when he caught sign of something he wasn't quite sure of, then shake it off and press forward. He continued in this manner to the village edge, where he pulled to a stop and planted his hooves, fixing his gaze on the Kawani inhabitants as they busteled to and fro along the streets. So these were 'humans'? Two-leggers? Bonds, even... The stallion could have watched them for what seemed like eternity, if not for the call that broke his transfixion. His head snapped to look toward its origin, his ears folding in the process. - An apprehensive reaction instinctive to one who'd been caught in the middle of something he thought he was doing unobserved. When his eyes landed on the Soquili, he bowed apologetically, and managed an embarrassed smile. "Er, 'morning!" Well then. That was graceful.

Lauryn de Vampyre
Sanuye continued to walk slowly towards the other Soquili and watched with interest as his face seemed to form the expression of a horse that had gotten its muzzle caught in another horse's feed. Oh yes, now she was interested. The sunrise mare quickened her pace now that her pressence had been acknowledge and she soon came a few feet away from the stallion, before stopping and whinnying another greeting.

"Aye, that it is. A bonny one at that." Sanuye looked from the stallion, to the villiage, and back to the stallion before finally asking, "Are ye from the dwelling o' the humans?" If he was, he would be able to answer a few questions that had been plaguing her mind most recently.

Cihiru
There, that wasn't so bad. Or at least, it hadn't been... until she spoke. Just as he thought he was going to manage a savvy recovery, her introduction pulled the rug out from under his feet and set his mind tumbling in surprise yet again. Her unusual coloring, he could handle. The accent was a slightly different matter - where was she from, exactly? And he thought he was an odd one. Oh well, not that it mattered. Loki shook his head, tossing forelocks from his crystaline eyes. "Afraid not..." He followed the mare's gaze to the village before fixing her with another look of apology. "But if you'd like to ask me something, I'll do my best to answer it with my complete and total lack of knowledge and ability." Much better; he managed to flash his characteristic lighthearted smile. "I bet I could make it sound like I know what I'm talking about."

The stallion looked back to the village then, and flicked his lengthy tail as he did his best not to get too absorbed by curiosities. Wouldn't want to get caught off-guard, again. He couldn't help but wonder though, what was it she was going to inquire about? Granted, he had plenty of interests of his own, but nothing really came to mind in regards to something he wanted to ask another. A question for a Soquili with more experience than he. "My name's Loki, by the way..." Maybe she'd enlighten him anyway. Or maybe she wouldn't. He shrugged mentally; time would tell.

Lauryn de Vampyre
At the first two words uttered, Sanuye's ears wilted in disapointment but then couldn't help but uplift as she choked back laughter that started to simmer in her stomach. The only physical sign of her supressed laughter was the glittering in her eye and the deep intake of breath. Oh, what the hell....the mare let out a whinny that was clearly laughter this time and did not care that it seemed a few seconds too late. Let him think what he wants. The sun had risen ever so slightly along the horizon and more of the Sun's rays began to filter in through the sparce tree's leaves and littered the ground with light. "Och, that be fine. I'm sure ye ken a wee more than I do anyhow."

Sanuye pawed at the ground lightly with her left hoof as she gnawed on the thoughts that were swimming through her conciousness, trying to choose a question that the other Soquili might know. "Well, about the humans then. Have they always been there? Do the humans treat the Soquilis fairly? I ken there are some in the villiage, for I just now heard them. Why would a Soquili want to live with the two-legged creatures anyway? What purpose do the humans serve, or what do they do?" She had meant to only ask one or two questions, but once her maw opened the others just came tumbling out as well. "Loki.." she mumbled, as if trying the name on her tongue. "Aye, a good name. I'm ken as Sanuye."

Cihiru
For a moment, he'd worried he might have said something to upset her - though he hadn't the faintest idea what that might have been; it was anybody's guess. His concerns were quickly soothed away though, by a laugh that might have been just a little too late. He didn't have much time to ponder it; deciphering this accent felt a bit like... Well, running through an unfamiliar forest. One where he had to keep contstant watch from the corner of his eye, for fear a branch or hole might catch him unsuspecting. So, what exactly was 'ken'? Something told him 'can' didn't make any sense, despite the phonetic similarity. He did, however, do a decent job of maintaining his composure (in spite of his confusion), and noted this to his satisfaction.

"Hold on a second." So, maybe he bit off a little more than he could chew. This 'sound like I know what I'm talking about' buisness just got a little more difficult; he was only moderately sure of one or two answers from a whole pile of questions. Loki chose to cautiously overlook the first and jump right to the second, as it was an inquiry he was most uncertain of and one of the hardest to make up. "Some do... some don't. Can't peg 'em all; no two Soquilis are the same, right? Why should humans be any different?" Yes, that sounded plausible; the stallion nodded to himself. 'I ken there are some in the village...' Oh! Know. 'I'm sure you know more than I do.' Okay, it made sense now. He would have nodded at this too, if not for redundancy. "Free food, shelter, protection - what more could a Soquili want? In all honesty though, I think it has more to do with companionship, or something of the sort." Not like he'd know anything about that. "I suppose they try to get by, just like the rest of us. What is there to do but try to make a living?"

He hoped his blatant improvisation would meet her approval. If not, it was a rather difficult conversation to change course; something he generally accelled at. So much weight on the current topic at hand left him in a bit of a figurative corner with no hallways to escape to. But rather than fretting over worst case scenerioes, he wished for the best and went instead with the tried and true: "pleased to meet you, Sanuye."

Lauryn de Vampyre
Sanuye listened attentively even though her tail idly flicked behind her to swat away pesky insects. A mutlitakser, she was. She could listen to a multitude of things at a time, for example the explinations from Loki as well as the song of the wind blowing through the ever so many leaves, which is also why she noticed his slight pause as he began to gather up all the knowledge he possessed about those two-legged creatures. Inwardly she smiled and rolled her eyes, but let none of that show upon her physically. She did not notice, however, that he had purposefully skipped the first question - though she would come to realize this later in the conversation.

Free food. That part did seem to catch her attention, so much so that her ears even perked foreward in curiosity. If what the stallion said was true, all the Soquili who housed themselves with these humans would be fed all the time and would never need worry about the cold months! She mulled over this fact while she still listened to the rest of Loki's explinations, although only have listening now. Grass was rampant but she was growing weary of eating mostly grass and whatever else she could find that was edible. If she could convince these two-leggers to give her food....
"Ye just mentioned protection. Are there many animals we need be worried about in these parts then?" Just because she had not yet had a violent encounter with a native animal didn't mean she wouldn't in the future.

Companionship. She hadn't thought about that word for such a long time it almost seemed alien to her. When she tried to scour her memory for any sign of a being that she knew, or knew her, she came out empty-hooved. Her past was a mystery to her as well to anyone who inquired it of her. The sunrise mare's ears continued to flick foreward as she mulled over the thoughts of what becoming a Soquili in a villliage would be like. If she DID ever deign to live among them, she would choose a special human to look after her. She didn't want the kind that had tried to mount her so many moons ago. Sanuye almost snorted in distast, but remembered she was with company and swallowed it.

Knowing she'd already asked another question, she continued foreward, "Have ye traveled into the villiage afore?"

Cihiru
The stallion had been studying her closely, paying particular heed to slight changes in expression or vague adjustments in posture. If she was going to call him out over something, he wanted to be aware of it as far in advance as possible; all the better to prepare for it! To his surprise, however... she appeared to have bought it. All of it. He could feel a brow arch involunatrily, cracking his feigned seriousness. Either he was a damn good guesser, or she had even less of a clue than he - Loki supposed either was probable, if he did say so himself.

Likewise, it came to his attention when she took exceptional interest in food, of the free and effortless variety. He nodded his conformation, for this he was certain of, and perked his ears forward at her followup. "Only half a dozen types or so," he added, leaning back his neck and shuffling his forequarters a bit to the side. "This is what it looks like when you meet a mountain lion unfortunate enough to let you live to tell about it." Loki's change in positioning had exposed a good deal of his chest and shoulders - and the healing, scarred wounds that marred them. An unusually deep and conspicuous bite gave a decent guess to the beast's size, particularly when paired with the long scratches down his side. "I've seen bears and wolves around too, though I suspect there isn't much else to be concerned about."

Past that, he was fairly satisfied with his current situation. He was free to roam whever he pleased, knew all the trees and bushes to satiate whatever particular craving, had shelter to block the biting winter chill, and could seek company whenever he desired it. Protection was the only blatant benefit he could see to living in the village - and Loki prided himself on being a capable, independant individual, so even that wasn't much of a benefit. So, why was it his mother sought so dearly to keep him away?

Less guarded than Sanuye, he snorted at this. "Not even once. I don't live with the humans." Loki fixed her with a sideways stare, too careless to hide his suspicion. He wasn't too keen on the direction this was heading, and his gut knew she wanted more. There had to be a catch. He just wasn't sure what, yet.

Lauryn de Vampyre
Sanuye may not have been the best judge of character, but she was well able to read the physical signs the stallion was sending towards her. For example, everytime she asked a question he seemed to take his time thinking on the answer, or thinking UP the answer is what she was now more inclined to consider. She also noticed that he seemed to be waiting for her to notice a failure to communicate his 'answers' well enough for them to be believed. The mare saw it in Loki's eyes when he relaxed after she had accepted his explaination, which made her snort softly with laughter. She could have tried to have hidden her emotions, but...after all...she was a very passionate soul and not used to shutting away her emotions and feelings.

The glittering amusement drifted from her eyes, however, when Loki bared his grusome scars and wounds which littered around his beautiful coat. She studied these and indeed concluded the size of the creature it would have to be in order to make such marks on a Soquili. The predator would have had to have been a jumper to be able to mark a horse so high. That, or it was a giant...but Sanuye was inclined to believe the former of the two theories. "A mountain lion, ye say. Och, but they do look aye painful. They mun hurt ye all the time!" She exclaimed in ernest. She only half listened to the stallion mentioning bears and wolves, but definatly took note of it and was amazed to find out that she had been in the most generous of luck not to run into any trouble herself.

Realizing she had taken personal liberty and had gotten rather close to Loki while she was inspecting his wounds (but they WERE presented to her), she took a few steps back and shook her tail to clear off a few flies that had come to roost there. She figuratively chewed on the information she had provided to him and looked over her shoulder back towards the villiage with a newfound view of the two-legged creatures. Perhaps she would be wise to find shelter against such beasts, since it was abvious they were abounds.

When her head turned back to Loki she nearly whinnied in mischeivous pleasure. His eyes were a lit with suspicion as he had guessed the intentions of her questions correctly. Now taking up the few steps she had retreated, she inched closer to Loki. "Would it not be fun to roam a wee bit closer to the villiage? Just to catch a peek, ye mun ken." If she had to, Sanuye would pull out the one play card she had left. Hopefully, it wouldn't come to besmirching his pride.

Cihiru
Her amusement went unacknowledged, but not unnoticed. It was a mere whisper in his ears; a notion that made him smile in simple satisfaction. Accomplishing his aim to please was worth the sacrifice of his dignity... sometimes, at least. For now, he was content to swallow his pride for the sake of Sanuye's laughter. He really wasn't losing anything; the trade was a worthwhile one. It could have been worse, too. At least she didn't openly insult his intentions. Not that she really had any room to; after all, he had never claimed to know anything. Loki didn't think it came much more blatant than 'I don't have a clue what I'm talking about, but feel free to ask me anyway.'

"I wouldn't go so far as to say all the time," he commented. It was unusual for him to make corrections (he didn't have much of an argumentative demeanor), but glorifying aging wounds didn't suit him either. It was nothing worth exaggerating. "They don't feel so bad now; it's been a while." And wow, he was actually starting to understand her um, interesting dialect. Loki was relieved this realization did not surface, however. Surely she would have noticed, considering her now relatively close proximity. The stallion really hadn't thought much of it until she distanced herself; at that point he became aware of it. He allowed himself a bemused smile, and wondered for a moment if she'd been bothered. Oh well, no matter.

More importantly, it was a relief to have her aim presented. He found it much easier to dismiss his reservations now that she was up-front with him. Seemingly, anyway. At least that nagging there's a catch was gone. "For you, maybe," he replied noncommittally. Loki knew that look in her eye; he allowed himself the opportunity to fix her with a jesting sideways stare. There was no need for goading. "Though I don't see why not. We are here." He was agreeable enough, most of the time.

Lauryn de Vampyre
Her dark colored mane blew gently in the soft breeze that caressed the area, making the leaves upon the trees swish and move which then in turn made the ground dance in a display of shadows and lights. Her eyes still sparkled with some left over laughter but she had recomposed herself, although now her customary pressence of mind was back upon her. Sanuye was generally a good-spirited Soquili and almost always had a 'happy' air about her. After seeing those scars on Loki's hide she couldn't help but feel her respect for the stallion increase. Any being who could escape such a predator demanded respect. How those scars must have hurt him in the beginning...

"All the time, ye say. Does that mean they hurt ye some o' the time then?" she asked with a worried tone. His demeanor certainly gave no hint that he was in any way disabled so she was prepared to let the subject go as soon as he dismissed it one more time, but the subject was soon brought back to the idea of traveling to the human villiage. Sanuye almost trotted in place with the excitement that filled her veins at the thought of such an adventure. It was strange to think that one who was 'abused' in her previous excurtion into the two-leggers place of dwelling would cause such an excited state for a second visit. However, now that she had a companion to go along with her most of the fears were pushed away by reason. Surely not ALL the human creatures were like the ones that tried to mount her. Right?

The spirited mare snorted in anticipation and began to slowly walk, with a jump in her step, towards the villiage. She didn't stop but turned her head and looked back at Loki to be sure that he was following.

Cihiru
Really, they weren't worth worrying over. It had been... what, weeks now? Honestly, it was hard to keep track for his kind. He had little to discern one day from another; each day was very much like the last, and time itself was mostly irrelavent anyway. "No, it means I'd rather forgotten they were there 'til it came up." He added a reassuring smile for emphasis; she did sound more concerned than he had anticipated. If he had realized she'd be so bothered, he might not have mentioned it in the first place... save them both some trouble. But he did, and she was. Soothing her worries was the least he could do, and he tried. "Thank you, nontheless."

Sanuye's excitement all but caught him by surprise; he could see this too in her eyes. The expression was so vibrant he nearly felt her urge to trot and bounce and express it. Good thing he didn't decline her notion; he didn't doubt there would have been fury on the other side. You didn't stand in the way of one's deepest desires, it often had dangerous consequences. "I have to ask though... why so anxious?" Sure, he was curious. This would, after all, be his first official encounter with the human kind. There was much to learn and see. However, it didn't inspire paritcular overwhelming anticipation within him. Maybe there was something he was missing. It was possible, he supposed, she knew something he didn't. Considering her earlier unload of questions though, he was doubtful.

But doubt wasn't a worthy hinderance. Loki bobbed his head complacently when she turned to glance at him, and lifted his hooves to follow. His gait was a casual one; surprisingly relaxed and blatant in his contentment to let her lead. She seemed eager enough to do so; perhaps there was something she really wanted to see. He really wasn't bothered, regardless. It wasn't like he knew where he was going anyway.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:36 pm
The Bonny Outdoors - Sanuye and Kail

Lauryn de Vampyre

The sun driffted lazily in the mid-afternoon sky while the billowy clouds drifted by overhead. The forest was full of life with a myriad of mixed noises, nature at its best. The forest floor stirred as two pair of hooves walked among the fallen leaves and twigs, scattering the occational small animal that was frightened at the nearing of a larger animal. The hooves belonged to what appeared to be equine in nature; definatly a horse of some kind. The mare's dark coat seemed to absorb all the light that managed to make its way succesfully through the maze of leaves above, but at the same time reflected the light off of the lighter spots of her hide.

Sanuye wandered aimlessly, just enjoying this fine day. She had spent the morning watching her human, Naturu, packing for his hunting journey. She knew he would be gone for a few days and had sulked, knowing how much she would miss his company in the meantime. The mare chuckled aloud, Amazing...how I came accustomed to a human.

Taking a deep breath, Sanuye stopped walking and just lifted her head to gaze above at the trickling of light that played shadows over the many leaves and let herself become lost in thought.

Saiyukii
Kail after, visiting Kawani village headed over to a nearby forest for some rest. It had been fun, but the noise were quite exausting. All the little sounds of the forest calmed Kail down.

As he quietly wandered gazing at the unique plants that couldnt be found elsewhere, he noticed an adult silently gazing fondly at a tree. "Hmm..?" It seemed to be a mare. Why was she just standing there..?

"Is there anything interesting upon that tree?" As his voice broke the silence.

Lauryn de Vampyre

Sanuye had been so deep in thought that the unmistakable footfalls of another being approaching her did nothing to rouse her from her thoughts until finally the foal's words roused her suddenly. The mare's muscles tensed as if ready to run like hell out of there if she needed to. With her heart beating a mile a minute she searched for whoever had spoken.
Her eyes widened ever so slightly when she realized she was looking down at a young Soquili. How curious. She hadn't been around any other Soquili in a while, and with a sharp pang in her chest she realized she'd been missing the company of other Soquili.

She smiled sadly, but her eyes sparkled with amusement. "Och, there be nothing of worth up in the trees. I was just lettin' my mind wonder away wi' me." Her accent was not like the speech of those in this area, but she never wondered where it had come from. "And what about ye? What might be so interesting to catch ye'r attention to have ye wanderin' about these parts?"

Saiyukii
"I.. like the peace." As he gave a small smile. She seemed to be surprised when he spoke and a little taken back, as if she was tensing up, but relaxed shortly after.

He noticed, The soquili's vibrant black and orange-red colors stood out, but she was really pretty otherwise. "My name is Kail.. May i ask you yours?" He noticed that her smile was sad.

When the mare spoke, it seemed.. she was speaking very oddly.. but clearly also. "Im sorry.. But Im just curious to know, Why your speech is different from other soquilis?" As his eyes adverted to the ground, hoping not to offend her.

Lauryn de Vampyre

Sanuye just grinned as she watched the young foal. There was something always inherantly innocent about the young. "Kail ye say? What a bonny name. Ye can call me Sanuye." She whickered in amusement with his confusion of her accent. To her, it was everyone else with the accent. "Ever since I was a bairn, this is how I've talked. I ken no other way. Why do ye talk the way ye do?" She asked, curious to see how the youngling would respond. More than likely it' be near the same answer as she had just given.

Seeing Kail avert his eyes to the ground, Sanuye walked foreward and gently nuzzle his neck, letting him know without words that he had not offended her in the slightest, and to encourage him on with further conversation.

Saiyukii
Feeling a gentle nuzzle, he gave Sanuye a small smile. "Ms. Sanuye. You are indeed different from the soquili i just saw before." Before letting out a playful laugh.

"Bonny..? Bairn..?" As Kail curiously cocked his head, while Sanuye spoke. "What do those mean?" As he was interested in her language. "I talk the way i do, because i was also born this way." As he grinned. "Althought i would love to have an accent like yours.. But my speech must seem like an accent to you." This was sort of like equivalent exchange, Kail noticed. An accent for an accent. What a silly thing he thought of.

"What brings you here Ms. Sanuye..?" It didnt seem like a place to Kail, where one often just wandered into for fun.

Lauryn de Vampyre

Sanuye cocked her head to the side in an imitation of Kail, studying the facial expressions of the youngling. "What soquili did ye see afore?" she asked, although she realized as soon as the words excaped her muzzle that it wouldn't matter the reply. She only knew one other Soquili, besides this foal.

"Och, bonny can mean a great deal o' things. Bonny could mean pretty, beautiful, nice, wonderful..." She tilted her muzzle up, as if expecting more words to simply fall from the sky. "Well, bairn means baby, or child if ye wish, and aye....ye'r speech does seem a might strange to me as well but I'm sure I'll grow accustomed to it in no time." The mare flashed the colt a pleasant grin.

"What brings me here?" She repeated, taking time to think on the matter. "Well, I suppose it's 'cause o' the way I enjoy nature, the forest especially. All the life that lives here can be simply breathtaking, if ye stop to take notice o' course. From the smallest o' the insects to the tallest o' the trees...all hold fascination for me." Sanuye realized she'd been staring off into the canopy of trees above them and chuckled softly at her own passion. "What about ye, youngling? What brings ye here?"

Lauryn de Vampyre

Draculas Babe

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:54 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:08 pm
- Sanuye and Erik -

Sanuye had always enjoyed being out and about at night. It was the time of day when she felt most free, which seemed at odds with her coat coloration. A brilliant orange rising sun was depicted on her sides, although the coat beneath it was a deep, dark red. Make no mistake this mare loved to frollic during the warming daylight hours, but the night held a sort of mysterious magical feel to it that called to her on a deep level she did not fully understand.

The mare had just checked to make sure her two-legger, Natura, was truly asleep by snorting in his face. His hair flew this way and that but note one motion indicated that the human had noticed anything. Satisfied, Sanuye had walked softly to the flap opening of their teepee and had been just about to nose her way out when she thought she heard something coming from just outside.

Curious, the spirited mare cocked her head to one side and listened. She stilled her breathing, and it was only then that she realized she was listening to a song! Not one of those blood-pumping songs of the two-leggers, but something more deep and melodic that wove emotions around her like ribbons. Furrowing her brows in confusing she stepped out....and almost ran into the stallion.

"Och!" she exclaimed, taking a few steps back and completely forgetting she wanted to keep Natura sleeping for much longer. "My how ye frightened me! My heart beats a mile o' minute." Sanuye took a moment to regain control of her breathing and felt her heart slow and finally return to a steady rhythm. It was then that she finally looked at who she had run into. Her eyes passed over his dark ebony form, stopping occationally to concentrate on the white 'mask' that adorned the left side of his head as well as the elegant image of a rose that crawled up his left hindleg. He truly fit in with the night, she realized unconciously. "Was that ye who was singin' such a bonny song?" she asked, lowering her voice after finallly remembering she was not even fully outside of the teepee yet. She had an urge to go back inside, just to make sure, but mentally shook the idea off.

Lauryn de Vampyre

Shariea

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:25 pm
With a giggle and a toss of her head High flyer looked down on the world below her. She nickered and tucked her wings along her back. Suddenly the soquili dove from the sky, her body falling towards the earth at a rapid speed. At the last second she opened her wings and her hooves delecately touched the soil with a smooth prance. She beamed and looked around to see if anyone had seen her dramtic enterance, when she saw no one around at first she pouted a bit before shrugging her shoulders. Muttering under her breath she bent low to take in a few mouthfuls of the sweet spring grass. Her Teal tail pooled on the ground behind her like a stream, sparkling lightly in the sunlight.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:42 pm
The trail was hot. More than hot; smoldering. Khairi was coated with a fine layer of dust, making him appear to be a dun, rather than the bright sky blue he truly was. He trudged slowly, head hanging, and wondered what he was doing out here. Any sane being would be resting in the cool shade of an old oak, or by the side of a stream...

Lifting his head, Khairi sniffed at the air. A strange, acrid scent reached him, making his eyes water. He snorted and paused, head high, listening. The blue stallion thought he was alone out here, but apparently he was wrong. An unnatural thundering rumbled through the rocky foothills of the mountains, echoing strangely against the sides of the canyon. He snorted again and took a step back, unable to tell where the sounds were coming from.

This is silly. Shaking his head at his own fear, Khairi flicked his ears back and took a step foward. Then another. Finally he forced himself down the canyon path, heat forgotten. The noise faded after a while, then stopped completely. Depite himself, Khairi felt relieved. He hadn't heard anything like that before.

Glancing around, he found himself in a forest. The cool shade reminded him of the heat, then his thirst. Pricking his ears, he caught the sound of running water nearby. Picking up his pace, he trotted through the trees and found a small pond and stream. Without pausing to stop he plunged in, enjoying the chill mountain water.

Ronove

Lauryn de Vampyre

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:29 am
- Sanuye and High Flyer -

Sanuye had been laying down underneath a tree, it's leaves providing her with the perfect cover from sunlight. The mare had been lightly grazing on the grass next to her when something from above caught her attention. Curious, she turned her head towards the sky where she thought she had seen a flash of color. A bird maybe. When she finally saw what was taking a dive towards the solid earth her jaw dropped open and all the grass that had been inside fell back to the ground. It was a Soquili!
Sanuye jumped up and looked about her, trying to find anything that would help to break the Soquili's fall. The question never occurred to her as to why a Soquili would be falling from the sky, but she was frantic with worry. Seeing that where the Soquili was going to fall was nothing but an open grass field, the spirited mare once more turned her gaze upon the falling ball of purple color.
Sanuye whinnied out of distress and paced back and forth, but before she could do any more fretting, the falling Soquili loosed her wings and glided gracefully to the ground. It was all Sanuye could do to keep her eyes inside her head as she watched the winged Soquili turn to graze.

Taking a few steps foreward, Sanuye let out a stunned whicker to let the other know she was there. The mare stared at the so-soft purple coat and....wait a second, those weren't normal wings!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:53 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Draculas Babe

Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out