Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Gaia's Christian Network News
A school sent girl to have an abortion! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sky2235

Virtuous Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:09 pm
ElisaBella Angel
xThe Sky Lightsx
The school was COMPLETELY at fault here. They do not have the consent to not only bring up the sensitive controversial topic of abortion in the first place, but call a taxi to take to a hospital so she could have one is outrageous! This little girl not goes out and has underage sex, gets pregnant, and then has her very own school aid in the termination of the child, all without even considering informing the mother D: Its disgusting. They should of called the mom and let the decision be made with the parent involvement and then let whatever may happen, happen.

The parent doesn't always have to be involved and it was her choice to abort, whether some may consider right or wrong. It was her choice... I don't think it was her parents choice at all.

Shes a child. Yes the parent DOES need to be involved.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:10 pm
xThe Sky Lightsx
werebot
gothic_black_rose
werebot
gothic_black_rose
werebot

Here's one big difference: I was born, and fetuses are terminated before they feel pain or have higher brain functions.

@ Br1ttana: You can't be forced into having an abortion. It was the girl's CHOICE to have an abortion and not tell her mother.
And to be honest, the article itself seems to have a rather conservative viewpoint, making it seem like the girl was a victim, when in fact, it was her CHOICE.
I'm not arguing on the topic of abortion, I'm just saying it sounds like the school didn't do anything wrong (in the legal sense).

Then what about scripture? I'm quoting Thimbalina from another thread here, so the credit goes to her for finding the verses.

Jeremiah 1:5
Before I formed you in the womb I knew you.

Isaiah 49:1
Yahweh [God] called me when I was in the womb, before my birth He had pronounced my name.

Galatians 1:15
But when He, Who had chosen and set me apart [even] before I was born and had called me by His grace (His undeserved favor and blessings), saw fit and was pleased...

Psalms 139:13-16
For You did form my inward parts; You did knit me together in my mother's womb.
I will confess and praise You for You are fearful and wonderful and for the awful wonder of my birth! Wonderful are Your works, and that my inner self knows right well.
My frame was not hidden from You when I was being formed in secret [and] intricately and curiously wrought [as if embroidered with various colors] in the depths of the earth [a region of darkness and mystery].
Your eyes saw my unformed substance, and in Your book all the days [of my life] were written before ever they took shape, when as yet there was none of them.

Also people say it's not alive it's just a parasite. Well aren't we all parasites until we move out of our parent's house. Yet if you were to kill a 5 year old or a 15 year old it would still be murder. Murder is murder no matter what words you use to make it sound better.

Again, I'm not arguing religion or ethics here. I'm arguing that the school didn't do anything wrong.
In fact, if they had forced her to NOT have an abortion when she wanted to have one, then they would be breaking the law.

Except they forced her to have one when she didn't and that murdered an innocent child.

Nowhere in the article does it say she was FORCED to have an abortion!
Give me the link to the article.

Whoa, ok if the school called a taxi and took her to the clinic to get an abortion that is making her get an abortion. Shes a little scared girl who just wants the problem in her life gone, and doesnt have the two cents to know any better.

You cannot, by LAW, force someone to have an abortion.
If a woman wants to have an abortion, you CANNOT refuse them.
The school didn't do anything wrong legally, regardless of your closed-minded views on the subject.

werebot

werebot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:11 pm
xThe Sky Lightsx
ElisaBella Angel
xThe Sky Lightsx
The school was COMPLETELY at fault here. They do not have the consent to not only bring up the sensitive controversial topic of abortion in the first place, but call a taxi to take to a hospital so she could have one is outrageous! This little girl not goes out and has underage sex, gets pregnant, and then has her very own school aid in the termination of the child, all without even considering informing the mother D: Its disgusting. They should of called the mom and let the decision be made with the parent involvement and then let whatever may happen, happen.

The parent doesn't always have to be involved and it was her choice to abort, whether some may consider right or wrong. It was her choice... I don't think it was her parents choice at all.

Abortion law isn't the same everywhere.
According to Washington state law, a girl doesn't need parental consent to have an abortion.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:12 pm
xThe Sky Lightsx
ElisaBella Angel
xThe Sky Lightsx

If she's adult enough to make a life changing decision like having sex, it should be HER choice to abort or not. Maybe the adults opinion is let into the conversation but it should be the person pregnant to make the final decision. Since she is the one who has to live with the consequence of her decision for the rest of her life.  

ElisaBella Angel

5,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Voter 100

Sky2235

Virtuous Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:12 pm
You may believe what you may. Just know it is going against what the Bible directly states.

"But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless". (Titus 3:9)  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:14 pm
ElisaBella Angel
xThe Sky Lightsx
ElisaBella Angel
xThe Sky Lightsx

If she's adult enough to make a life changing decision like having sex, it should be HER choice to abort or not. Maybe the adults opinion is let into the conversation but it should be the person pregnant to make the final decision. Since she is the one who has to live with the consequence of her decision for the rest of her life.

Shes a CHILD she shouldn't have had sex in the first place. If shes unwise enough to engage in sinful behavior, shes unwise enough to be in charge of who lives and who dies.  

Sky2235

Virtuous Seeker

ElisaBella Angel

5,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:19 pm
xThe Sky Lightsx
ElisaBella Angel
xThe Sky Lightsx
ElisaBella Angel
xThe Sky Lightsx

Shes a CHILD she shouldn't have had sex in the first place. If shes unwise enough to engage in sinful behavior, shes unwise enough to be in charge of who lives and who dies.

But the fact is SHE did choose to have sex. She clearly thought she was ready for sex. Whether you think it is unwise, she did it and she should be able to make her own choice in the matter. No one should be in charge of who lives or who dies but it happens. She chose the path she wanted to take.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:27 pm
ElisaBella Angel
xThe Sky Lightsx
ElisaBella Angel
xThe Sky Lightsx
ElisaBella Angel
xThe Sky Lightsx

But the fact is SHE did choose to have sex. She clearly thought she was ready for sex. Whether you think it is unwise, she did it and she should be able to make her own choice in the matter. No one should be in charge of who lives or who dies but it happens. She chose the path she wanted to take.

It doesn't matter that she THOUGHT she was ready for sex, she is a child. She is taking the easiest way out possible, by killing a child. That is murder. Im sorry you don't believe that, it does say it the Bible. Shes a young girl living off selfish impulse just wanting her problems to be washed away, not a care in the world about responsibility. I find it incredibly selfish to think that a little girl who feels entitled to going out and having sex, sneaking behind her mother's back, breaking her mothers rules, (which is a sin), to be able to then end up pregnant from her sinful behavior, and be able to kill (another sin, directly stated in the Bible), her child to wash away all her potential life-changing problems so she could just go out and do it all again.  

Sky2235

Virtuous Seeker

ElisaBella Angel

5,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:36 pm
xThe Sky Lightsx
ElisaBella Angel
xThe Sky Lightsx
ElisaBella Angel
xThe Sky Lightsx

It doesn't matter that she THOUGHT she was ready for sex, she is a child. She is taking the easiest way out possible, by killing a child. That is murder. Im sorry you don't believe that, it does say it the Bible. Shes a young girl living off selfish impulse just wanting her problems to be washed away, not a care in the world about responsibility. I find it incredibly selfish to think that a little girl who feels entitled to going out and having sex, sneaking behind her mother's back, breaking her mothers rules, (which is a sin), to be able to then end up pregnant from her sinful behavior, and be able to kill (another sin, directly stated in the Bible), her child to wash away all her potential life-changing problems so she could just go out and do it all again.

It does matter if that is what she thought. She has her own mind and what she does with it is no one elses business. I never said aborting wasn't murder. I just said it was her choice in whether she did or did not. Young people tend to be selfish, well actually not just young people but oh well. Whether she believes these are sins or not is up to her. If she does and just plain ignores them her sins will catch up to her later in life. Who says she will go do it again?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:43 pm
ElisaBella Angel
xThe Sky Lightsx
ElisaBella Angel
xThe Sky Lightsx
ElisaBella Angel
xThe Sky Lightsx

It does matter if that is what she thought. She has her own mind and what she does with it is no one elses business. I never said aborting wasn't murder. I just said it was her choice in whether she did or did not. Young people tend to be selfish, well actually not just young people but oh well. Whether she believes these are sins or not is up to her. If she does and just plain ignores them her sins will catch up to her later in life. Who says she will go do it again?

Because she doesn't learn anything from it. All she learns is when life gets hard take the easy, evil way out of things, not to rise above, even if it may be difficult and own up to her actions. Thats what PARENTS are for. They are to raise children to learn right from wrong, and guide them to be responsible for their actions. As offensive as it may seem to you its true. And thats why so many people are selfish nowadays and ignorant. Because their parents let them do whatever they feel like, and not take responsibility for their actions. Parents shape the way their children will turn out as human beings once their out on the own, thats why the mother should of been involved at some level. I listen soley to my God Jesus Christ when it comes to such matters, and in the Bible it states plainly answers for everything, including the matter of abortion, and it states that it is wrong. You and I agree to disagree. May God bless smile  

Sky2235

Virtuous Seeker

ElisaBella Angel

5,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:48 pm
xThe Sky Lightsx
ElisaBella Angel
xThe Sky Lightsx
ElisaBella Angel
xThe Sky Lightsx

Because she doesn't learn anything from it. All she learns is when life gets hard take the easy, evil way out of things, not to rise above, even if it may be difficult and own up to her actions. Thats what PARENTS are for. They are to raise children to learn right from wrong, and guide them to be responsible for their actions. As offensive as it may seem to you its true. And thats why so many people are selfish nowadays and ignorant. Because their parents let them do whatever they feel like, and not take responsibility for their actions. Parents shape the way their children will turn out as human beings once their out on the own, thats why the mother should of been involved at some level. I listen soley to my God Jesus Christ when it comes to such matters, and in the Bible it states plainly answers for everything, including the matter of abortion, and it states that it is wrong. You and I agree to disagree. May God bless smile

Some people are not that strong to go above. Some parents are not there for the children. Why would it be offensive to me? Very well. May God bless smile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:54 pm
ElisaBella Angel
xThe Sky Lightsx
ElisaBella Angel
xThe Sky Lightsx
ElisaBella Angel
xThe Sky Lightsx

Some people are not that strong to go above. Some parents are not there for the children. Why would it be offensive to me? Very well. May God bless smile

I do agree with that. And it is very sad that some parents are not their for their kids. And Im sorry that part didn't make sense I just reread that xD Anyways Im glad were ending this on a nice note. I wish the best for you biggrin  

Sky2235

Virtuous Seeker

Seraphim6496

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:40 pm
Ignoring the Bible for a second. I have 4 LOGICAL reasons that abortion is murder... well 5. It's been sayd that the fetus cannot feel pain. Go watch the movie Silent Scream. Some en utero babies turn away from the ultrasound because it makes them uncomfortable. They feel pain.
What are the main differences between a fetus and you?
Size
Level of Dependancy
Environment
and Development.
Size: Is Shaq more human than a midget? Are you more human than those people on Little People Big World on TLC?

Level of Dependency: The fetus is dependnet on its mother. Should we kill it for that? Should we kill diabetics dependent on insulin? Should we kill you dependent on water and oxygen?

Environment: How long is the canal the baby exits in order to be born? on average about 8 inches. So are you saying that me moving less than a foot to the left makes me not a person? Or you moving from your car into your house?

Development: Are you less of a person than your parents? Were you less of a person 5 years ago than you are now?

People say it is the mother's right to choose to discard the inconvenience. Should a mother kill her three year old toddler just because it pissed her off? We call that horrible murder. WHAT"S THE DIFFERENCE???  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:50 pm
Renegade-Roboto
Ignoring the Bible for a second. I have 4 LOGICAL reasons that abortion is murder... well 5. It's been sayd that the fetus cannot feel pain. Go watch the movie Silent Scream. Some en utero babies turn away from the ultrasound because it makes them uncomfortable. They feel pain.
What are the main differences between a fetus and you?
Size
Level of Dependancy
Environment
and Development.
Size: Is Shaq more human than a midget? Are you more human than those people on Little People Big World on TLC?

Level of Dependency: The fetus is dependnet on its mother. Should we kill it for that? Should we kill diabetics dependent on insulin? Should we kill you dependent on water and oxygen?

Environment: How long is the canal the baby exits in order to be born? on average about 8 inches. So are you saying that me moving less than a foot to the left makes me not a person? Or you moving from your car into your house?

Development: Are you less of a person than your parents? Were you less of a person 5 years ago than you are now?

People say it is the mother's right to choose to discard the inconvenience. Should a mother kill her three year old toddler just because it pissed her off? We call that horrible murder. WHAT"S THE DIFFERENCE???

I like that it goes along with my version of people calling it a parasite, yet everyone is a parasite until they live on their own.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Kyramud

Lonely Phantom

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:05 am
xThe Sky Lightsx

You've never been subject to an abortion have you? So, don't go saying that people who have abortions are taking the 'easy way out' and never have to deal with the consequences ever again. They have to live with the memory of killing someone entirely dependent on them for survival. You can bet she learned something out of this experience. And, you're right, she is a child. As a child why would you have her try to go through childbirth? Don't only adults do that? Oh, but wait, she's adult enough to have this baby against her will, but not adult enough to choose whether she should or not. Not sensing any double standards there at all.
And you're right. Parents SHOULD teach their children how to grow up into respectable, financially secure adults, but the problem is that sometimes, regardless of what the parents do, the children just don't listen. I myself am extremely strong willed, and don't listen to my own parents on occasion. The only way I learned was to make mistakes. Same thing applies to this. She made a mistake, had a choice to make, made it, and is now living with the consequences of her decision, regardless of whether the parent had any say in it whatsoever.
What if the family aren't Christian, and don't give a hoot what your god has to say about their life? What then?

Oh, and the Bible doesn't have the answers for everything. There is actually quite a bit of gray area in the Bible. It would be impossible for a book, no matter how divinely inspired, to write an answer for EVERYTHING. It would never be finished, and wouldn't fit on earth.

Yes, abortion is horrible, is in effect killing infants, and all that stuff. But don't presume to try to tell her how to live her life. Didn't God mention something about that as well? (Hint: has something to do with large and small pieces of wood....)  
Gaia's Christian Network News

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff