Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
Is cussing a sin? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cant touch Kit

Shy Gaian

6,525 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:19 pm
Shadows-shine
faithful quenga
Xx to save a life xX
well i do think its a sin but not the most deadly. because i beleive that the original word of "cuss" is basicly just a word that has been mestup in the past a long time ago which cam from the real word curse. and well i dont rly wanna go araound cursing ppl i mean like if u wouldnt kill a person then dont curse them cuz thats like almost no different. u can cuss BUT u MUST ask for forgiveness. 3nodding
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

sin is sin is sin is sin! there is NOT one sin that is greater than any other sin. The wages of ALL sin is death.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

Of course the wages of ALL sin is death, but wouldn't saying that a sin is a sin is a sin is a sin, contradict what Christ taught about committing the Unpardonable sin, that being the worst sin of all? A sin for which there is NO forgiveness?

Good point but this is one thing I have to say, no one should really be sinning if they are a christian. Their is no such thing as a sinning christian so if you think you can sin and get away with calling yourself a christian, you can't. So still sinning is still wrong, no matter how big it is. I know this from a bible study and from church service. (I'm 13 and I remember my dad talking about this in the living room when I was 12 and it was like in May or August!)  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:20 pm
ii Nikki Muffin
Whew I needed to know this... I just had a habit of cussing and I am trying to stop. Now here is another reason why. thank you!

Oh, you're absouletly welcome! ^^ I'm glad that your are trying to stop, keep pressing on!  

Cant touch Kit

Shy Gaian

6,525 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100

Harmonys Dream

5,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:51 pm
Xx to save a life xX
well i do think its a sin but not the most deadly. because i beleive that the original word of "cuss" is basicly just a word that has been mestup in the past a long time ago which cam from the real word curse. and well i dont rly wanna go araound cursing ppl i mean like if u wouldnt kill a person then dont curse them cuz thats like almost no different. u can cuss BUT u MUST ask for forgiveness. 3nodding

@The last part of that....if you curse then ask for forgiveness then say something bad again then ask again...He will forgive you but after awhile He does get tired of it.

Think if you had a child and he/she did something he/she KNEW was wrong but did it anyway then you tell him/her to stop and he/she does and asks you to forgive him/her and you say yes, but then the child does it all over again! And the child asks again you say yes then again the child does the same bad thing and then asks for you to forgive him/her. You say yes I forgive you again...but then does that bad thing ALL OVER again....wouldn't you get madder and madder and not want to forgive that child anymore? God does get angery. I think sometimes we forget that.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:00 pm
xXxFaiths DreamxXx
Xx to save a life xX

@The last part of that....if you curse then ask for forgiveness then say something bad again then ask again...He will forgive you but after awhile He does get tired of it.

Think if you had a child and he/she did something he/she KNEW was wrong but did it anyway then you tell him/her to stop and he/she does and asks you to forgive him/her and you say yes, but then the child does it all over again! And the child asks again you say yes then again the child does the same bad thing and then asks for you to forgive him/her. You say yes I forgive you again...but then does that bad thing ALL OVER again....wouldn't you get madder and madder and not want to forgive that child anymore? God does get angery. I think sometimes we forget that.

we are suppose to be Christ like. We should try our best NOT to sin. If you know something is a sin but do it anyway you're basically spitting in God's face. When we ask for forgiveness we need to REPENT as well which means to turn from our sin. But of course as humans we slip up and things happen. We just have to do our best to be better than that.

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

Kyramud

Lonely Phantom

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:46 pm
xXxFaiths DreamxXx
Xx to save a life xX

Heh, I think this goes under the topic thread 'Eternal Security'. Such a statement has already been discussed thoroughly.

But, in reference to your statement:
If we are sincere every time we ask Him to forgive us, he is faithful, and will do so. As humans, you're correct. Eventually we stop wanting to forgive someone over and over. But He doesn't.

http://www.christianity.net.au/questions/from_christianitynetau_moblog1243

http://communionreflections.blogspot.com/2007/10/when-does-god-stop-forgiving.html  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:06 am
Kyramud
xXxFaiths DreamxXx
Xx to save a life xX

Heh, I think this goes under the topic thread 'Eternal Security'. Such a statement has already been discussed thoroughly.

But, in reference to your statement:
If we are sincere every time we ask Him to forgive us, he is faithful, and will do so. As humans, you're correct. Eventually we stop wanting to forgive someone over and over. But He doesn't.

http://www.christianity.net.au/questions/from_christianitynetau_moblog1243

http://communionreflections.blogspot.com/2007/10/when-does-god-stop-forgiving.html

Well I'm glad it has but I she said that and I just wanted to let ppl know that He gets tried of it like we would.  

Harmonys Dream

5,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Beta Contributor 0

Haha Coffee

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:13 am
Cant touch Kit
Shadows-shine
faithful quenga
Xx to save a life xX

sin is sin is sin is sin! there is NOT one sin that is greater than any other sin. The wages of ALL sin is death.

Of course the wages of ALL sin is death, but wouldn't saying that a sin is a sin is a sin is a sin, contradict what Christ taught about committing the Unpardonable sin, that being the worst sin of all? A sin for which there is NO forgiveness?

Good point but this is one thing I have to say, no one should really be sinning if they are a christian. Their is no such thing as a sinning christian so if you think you can sin and get away with calling yourself a christian, you can't. So still sinning is still wrong, no matter how big it is. I know this from a bible study and from church service. (I'm 13 and I remember my dad talking about this in the living room when I was 12 and it was like in May or August!)

Nonsesnse , all men Christian or not are perpetual sinners , this is exactly why we need the Grace of Christ.

Calling ourselves "Christian" and even receiving the holy spirit upon us, does not flick a switch and make us perfect human beings, if this was the case, we could Work our way to salvation.

We will all sin, great and small we will commit it daily, we "do" commit it daily in our thoughts as well as our actions. Is it right to do so?
No, but that is why we live within christ, and seek his everlasting love.

Do not say that being a Sinner and a Christian are mutually exclusive, as one of the key aspects of being a Christian is recognising that you "are" a sinner, and need Christ more than ever.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:26 pm
faithful quenga
xXxFaiths DreamxXx
Xx to save a life xX

we are suppose to be Christ like. We should try our best NOT to sin. If you know something is a sin but do it anyway you're basically spitting in God's face. When we ask for forgiveness we need to REPENT as well which means to turn from our sin. But of course as humans we slip up and things happen. We just have to do our best to be better than that.

You are right but we don't have to slip up. Just because we are human doesn't mean anything. God is suppose to lead up in our lifes which should keep us from slipping up. The only reason why we slip up is because we let our flesh take over...But I do agree with you though. ^^  

Cant touch Kit

Shy Gaian

6,525 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100

Naruto kun778

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:56 pm
Four Mile Sprint
Cant touch Kit
Shadows-shine
faithful quenga
Xx to save a life xX

Nonsesnse , all men Christian or not are perpetual sinners , this is exactly why we need the Grace of Christ.

Calling ourselves "Christian" and even receiving the holy spirit upon us, does not flick a switch and make us perfect human beings, if this was the case, we could Work our way to salvation.

We will all sin, great and small we will commit it daily, we "do" commit it daily in our thoughts as well as our actions. Is it right to do so?

Do not say that being a Sinner and a Christian are mutually exclusive, as one of the key aspects of being a Christian is recognising that you "are" a sinner, and need Christ more than ever.

I dont want to sound mean but No one has to sin daily. That is why Christ came and died to keep us from sinning over and over again people were getting saved before he came so he wanted us to be free from it so we dont have to constantly ask for forgiveness. If we sin daily that's killing him on the cross over and over again. That contradicts the reason why he came.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:04 pm
XxQuiinHotxX
Four Mile Sprint
Cant touch Kit
Shadows-shine
faithful quenga
Xx to save a life xX

I dont want to sound mean but No one has to sin daily. That is why Christ came and died to keep us from sinning over and over again people were getting saved before he came so he wanted us to be free from it so we dont have to constantly ask for forgiveness. If we sin daily that's killing him on the cross over and over again. That contradicts the reason why he came.

Yet we are human. We sin subconcously rather it be a thought or a dream. You make it sound like we must be perfect to be Christian but scriptures says "all have fallen short of the glory of God." Paul himself even said he was among the worst sinners. To be Christian doesn't mean we are perfect it means we are forgiven through the grace of God and Christ blood.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:53 pm
XxQuiinHotxX
Four Mile Sprint
Cant touch Kit
Shadows-shine
faithful quenga
Xx to save a life xX

ALL humans sin daily and it's more than once a day. If you don't forgive someone that's a sin. you don't love someone, that's a sin. If you cuss that's a sin. if you lust after something, that's a sin. If you lie, that's a sin. We commit sins we aren't even aware of all the time. We may say "oh that's that can't possibly be a sin it's such a small thing". But in reality it's a sin.

Being Christian isn't about perfection but it's about being forgiven for our imperfections and striving to be Christ like at all times. Though we all fall short of that and give into our fleshly desires.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:24 pm
gothic_black_rose
XxQuiinHotxX
Four Mile Sprint
Cant touch Kit
Shadows-shine

Yet we are human. We sin subconcously rather it be a thought or a dream. You make it sound like we must be perfect to be Christian but scriptures says "all have fallen short of the glory of God." Paul himself even said he was among the worst sinners. To be Christian doesn't mean we are perfect it means we are forgiven through the grace of God and Christ blood.

We don't live our lives we let Jesus live it for us the bible also says to "Cast your cares upon him for he cares for you." if we cast our care on him we don't have to live GOD will monitor our hearts and minds if we let him. It is only a sin when you do it willingly you wont have to worry about sin if you let GOD take control. He will monitor our actions and thoughts you wont have to worry about thinking about something wrong if you let him lead you. If you don't wanna think or do any sin that you think is so small ask GOD to take the thoughts and sins away so you don't have to sin subconsciously.  

Naruto kun778

Cant touch Kit

Shy Gaian

6,525 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:25 pm
faithful quenga
XxQuiinHotxX
Four Mile Sprint
Cant touch Kit
Shadows-shine

ALL humans sin daily and it's more than once a day. If you don't forgive someone that's a sin. you don't love someone, that's a sin. If you cuss that's a sin. if you lust after something, that's a sin. If you lie, that's a sin. We commit sins we aren't even aware of all the time. We may say "oh that's that can't possibly be a sin it's such a small thing". But in reality it's a sin.

Being Christian isn't about perfection but it's about being forgiven for our imperfections and striving to be Christ like at all times. Though we all fall short of that and give into our fleshly desires.

But aren't we suppose to ask God to keep us from sinning? That's why he died for us...if you sin, you basically back slide and you are no longer a christian...that's why you are suppose to ask God to control your flesh...your flesh has no power over God whatsoever...even if you are human and you have the desire to sin, ask God to fill you with the holy ghost to keep you from doing the temptations ...that's just the devil trying to pull you back to the way you use to be...yes we may all be human and desire for things but that doesn't mean we have to answer that desire. God can help us...that's why he saved you and is keeping you saved in the first place.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:16 pm
Cant touch Kit
faithful quenga
XxQuiinHotxX
Four Mile Sprint
Cant touch Kit
Shadows-shine

But aren't we suppose to ask God to keep us from sinning? That's why he died for us...if you sin, you basically back slide and you are no longer a christian...that's why you are suppose to ask God to control your flesh...your flesh has no power over God whatsoever...even if you are human and you have the desire to sin, ask God to fill you with the holy ghost to keep you from doing the temptations ...that's just the devil trying to pull you back to the way you use to be...yes we may all be human and desire for things but that doesn't mean we have to answer that desire. God can help us...that's why he saved you and is keeping you saved in the first place.

Where in the bible does it say 1 sin will lead to my lose of salvation? I have accepted Jesus into my heart and he is my lord and savior. EVERYONE sins no matter who you are, Christian or not. there is no such thing as a perfect human being even as Christians we all still sinners but we are forgiven. Consciously or sub consciously sin is still sin no matter what we do. Yes we can over come the world with God because he is bigger than it all, but as a human being, we don't do that 100% of the time. I know that I do my best to rely on God and let him control my life but my will can and still does get in the way of that. I'm not perfect, I mess up, but God is with me ALWAYS and wants me to get back up and do better which I am constantly striving for. You're lying to yourself by thinking you're without sin.

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:24 pm
XxQuiinHotxX
gothic_black_rose
XxQuiinHotxX
Four Mile Sprint
Cant touch Kit
Shadows-shine

We don't live our lives we let Jesus live it for us the bible also says to "Cast your cares upon him for he cares for you." if we cast our care on him we don't have to live GOD will monitor our hearts and minds if we let him. It is only a sin when you do it willingly you wont have to worry about sin if you let GOD take control. He will monitor our actions and thoughts you wont have to worry about thinking about something wrong if you let him lead you. If you don't wanna think or do any sin that you think is so small ask GOD to take the thoughts and sins away so you don't have to sin subconsciously.

Actually you are forgetting what Christ said about thoughts "any man that looks at a woman and lust after her has comited adultery." Then add in the fact that the adverage teenage boy thinks about sex more than 16 time every hour most of it they can't control. So yeah you can sin subconcously.  
Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff