Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:03 pm
Kals is questing again!

I loooove dill pickles (but not the kind with garlic) and will eat the entire jar at once if I'm not careful. Pickle brine is good for marinating roasts and also for making dried out carrot sticks edible (throw some carrots in a pickle jar for a couple of days and they become super yummy!!

I like bread-and-butter pickles well enough, but not as much as I like dill. The texture of bread-and-butter pickles is not the crunchy texture I love so much. They're more floppy and slimy. I still like them, though, particularly in cheese whiz sammiches.

I HATE sweet and sour pickles. or those gross mustard-sauce pickles (which is funny because I like mustard just fine). Bleh.

When I go out for burgers with my evil-twin-landlord-roommate, he picks all the pickles and onions off his burger and puts them on mine because I enjoy them a lot.

Pickles tried to kill one fo my classmates this year though; We had lunch at Denny's and she told the staff she was allergic to garlic. They put a pickle on her sandwich, not realising that almost all pickles have garlic in the brine. Then we complained and they gave us her meal for free all the while claiming they didn't even have garlic pickles on the premises.

In summary, pickles are very delicious. But only the right kinds of pickles. Also relish is gross. Except for Dill Bits (which is now called Tangy Dill, made by Bick's). I will not eat any other kind of relish because it is all very disgusting.

Check sig for details!

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:07 pm
I agree. I am not a fan of pickles. However, Jaft, any Australian can tell you that a real burger also has slices of fresh tomato, beetroot, and lettuce. razz

Jaft
I hear tea with heavy honey can help out with the aftermath of vomiting. Or maybe just suck down a bottle of honey.

Not for me. I can't stand honey. It makes me want to vomit.  

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:08 pm
...I've never had this slimy bread and butter pickles you speak of Kals...

There is this brand of pickles, called "Bubbies" and they have a bread and butter that is nice and crispy  
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:03 pm
[ Terra ]
I agree. I am not a fan of pickles. However, Jaft, any Australian can tell you that a real burger also has slices of fresh tomato, beetroot, and lettuce. razz

Jaft
I hear tea with heavy honey can help out with the aftermath of vomiting. Or maybe just suck down a bottle of honey.

Not for me. I can't stand honey. It makes me want to vomit.

You just reminded me how badly I want to eat a honeycomb. Those are so delicious. Oh man...

And beetroot? What the heck? You island people seem to have confused what actually belongs on a hamburger. Next you'll be adding Skittles or Chinese broccoli. D8<  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:10 pm
Oh, man... haven't had a nice slab of honeycomb in EONS. ...Hm... probably not since we'd take them out of the beehives and harvest the honey, come to think of it... smile  
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:54 pm
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
There they are a'standing in a row!

You can eat honeycomb...? Reeeeaaaally? eek

"Give them a twist, a flick of the wrist!"
That's what the showman said!

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 2:02 am
sounds interesting...how's the texture?  
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:54 am
Not really. I actually haven't eaten pickles in over a month now, but I am only just now getting a sore throat. sweatdrop

And, yes, pickle brine is DELICIOUS!!! I like it when I take a big gulp and the sourness gives me shivers. I get shivers because it's TOO sour, but I can't help but love it anyways.  

blue_green

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:44 pm
WOW I didn't know people dislike or even hated Pickles! I love them. Then again they are in all my favorite foods. Though I like them spicy.

I hate cherries and carrots. My mom lied to me about carrots. I still wear glasses even though I ate mush carrots as a kid. UGH  
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:02 pm
All the honey talk makes me want a Crunchie.  

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:17 pm
Miss-dark8607
I hate cherries and carrots.

Interestingly, people who are allergic to raw cherries are often also allergic to raw carrots.  
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:26 pm
I looooove pickles. Not the yellowy gross spears you sometimes get with fast food tho. I like the crispy dill spears that are a lighter color. I'm pretty spoiled though, because my Grampa used to grow cucumbers and all of the herbs and things to make homemade pickles. whee His pickles were the best.

As for slices of pickles on sammiches, well I'm not much for hamburgers, but I do like pickle slices on a chicken sammich.

And this topic is really funny because yesterday one of my co-workers randomly went into violent cravings for pickles xd She spent the whole day suddenly shouting, "I WAAAAAANT PICKLES!!"  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:38 pm
I'd say eating honeycomb is like eating... Hmm. I think of wafers, but that's not exactly it.

It can be crispy, crunchy with each little compartment being filled with honey, and then slathered in more honey. Well, maybe not slathered, but there's a lot of honey. I've only had the opportunity to eat it once in my life... in Turkey or Israel. >_>
I wonder how it tastes now.

Also, it's not crispy in the potato chip way, more like the wafer way, I guess, think of a giant wafer with honeycomb compartments. Yeah... Then we're sort of getting there. Maybe aretoo can describe it better.

You can probably find some at Whole Foods, I'm not sure about Trader Joe's.

Carrots still have vitamins for your eyeballs over in them, whether or not you wear glasses. I should eat more of them. What's up, Doc?

@Kyla: She is my sworn enemy. O_O  
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:28 pm
I don't mind pickles and actually on particularly sad fast food burgers they can sometimes be the taste highlight of the whole meal.

But then I either have very sensitive tastebuds or something because I'm hard to please with food tastes.

Want to know what is culinary evil? Brussels sprouts !
Those things are nasty nasty nasty no matter how you cook them. Except (and this goes along with pickling) my mother pickled some over winter break and the first batch especially was actually tolerable.
But I refuse to touch them otherwise.

(also carrots are good for your eyes but if you spend too much time indoors growing up focused on nearsighted work you are still going to be more prone to not being able to see far away.)

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:29 pm
Brussels sprouts are delicious, don't know what you're talkin' about! talk2hand  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff