Welcome to Gaia! ::

∞ Life Dust ∞

Back to Guilds

The location of Dust journals, RPs, some events and quests. 

Tags: Life Dust, Fantasy, Roleplay, Aimes, Events 

Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] Are We not Gods? [FINISHED] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bpyan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:33 pm
Holding the younger dust's hand, Aren started to walk towards the docks, of course looking carefully at the surrounding area for people. Thankfully most of the fishermen who usually sat in the area had packed up their things and went on their way home, tired of waiting for the fishes to bite. There were a few people present but not nearby for them to worry about.

"Let's go to the sea then" he smiled, walking slowly and looking at the young dust, "The sea smells nice, doesn't it? And there are many animals near the sea as well" Aren directed their walk towards a more isolated place below the main docks. The way to this place was a bit rocky but he peered at Rindou, ready to offer his help if the younger boy had any problems with the pathway. The area they arrived in had a soft area of white sand that was shaded by wooden planks above. Here you could feel the soft crashing waves of the sea on your feet and in private, away from others.

"Do you like it? It's my own secret place." Aren smiled, he usually went here when he had to wait for the sun to come down and the streets to become less populated. It was his place to lay his head down and relax after a day of traveling.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:15 am
Rindou didn't have any problems staying alongside Aren, his body having moved to his usual floating walk just minutes into the stepping around. It was easier on his feet (even though his soles were tough as nails and tanned leather) and he was able to keep up with Aren faster; the older dust had much longer legs so Rindou would have had to double time his steps to stay at his pace.

When they arrived at the beach the first thing Rindou did was take a deep breath, taking in all the smells he could. The sea was no stranger, the smell of sand and salt familiar. This place was a bit different though from the first time he came to the shore - it smelt less like population (whatever that meant). There was the usual cry of birds in the distance and the gentle humming roar of the waves as it broke the shore. Rindou liked this, a lot.

"I LIKE IT A LOT. I LIKE THE SOUNDS, I LIKE THE FEEL. I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING THOUGH SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT I SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE SEA REALLY IS, OTHER THAN WATER. JARETT TELLS ME IT'S A VAST 'EXPANSE' OF WATER."

The way the Dustling used that word meant he really wasn't sure of what it actually meant, but that was okay. He'd learn eventually when Jarett got the time to teach him or he grew older.

"DO YOU COME HERE ALOT?

Rown

Friendly Hunter

bpyan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:08 pm
The older dust nodded his head in reply, forgetting that the boy couldn't really see him. "I do, it's like my own secret place," he chuckled, "Well, now it's our secret place."

He looked to the sea and took a deep breath, the fresh and salty aroma lingered in the air. Aren glanced back at Rindou who seemed to be enjoying the smells and sounds of the area, this made his heart soar.

"I'm glad you do like it, Rindou. The sea is very relaxing, isn't it?"

He then reached into his hood and plucked a white feather, the appendage shining brightly as he held it. He gently threw it to the water, the feather slowly being carried by the wind before landing gently on the surface of the sea. The blue around the feather swirled quickly and a burst of water followed and a faint blue glow surrounded it. The droplets reached the two dusts who were resting in the shore, refreshing them slightly from the heat of the day.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:37 am
Rindou jumped back with a startled shriek as water touched his body, the little gravity Dustling nearly taking off into the air a good three or so feet. He curled himself into a ball as if to get away from the sensation, though the moment of panic was gone almost as soon as it had started and he was back on the ground. It was just likely Rindou to overreact to little things like getting splashed by water, but perhaps it was because he hadn't been expecting it so soon that his whole body simply reacted naturally. Rindou certainly seemed to think so, as he offered no explanation for his weird little response.

"WHAT WAS THAT? THAT WAS SO WEIRD, DID WE GET SPLASHED? I DIDN'T HEAR THE WAVES - THEY'RE WAVES RIGHT - I DIDN'T HEAR THEM COMING. DID YOU DO THAT?"

Rindou turned his head to look at Aren, a massive grin spreading on his face. He settled himself down so that his feet were on the sand once more, not hovering a few inches above it, and the boy reached with his hands to try and touch Aren's arm. He didn't really need to make contact to be certain the other was there, he could feel him (or something), but it was more like an odd reassurance.

"THAT WAS AMAZING IF YOU DID."

Rown

Friendly Hunter

bpyan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:51 am
Aren looked at Rindou, beaming and obviously proud of himself for that small display of power he had shown. He nodded with a smile on his pale face, "I did."

He touched the hand of the child as they were searching for him, giving the other the assurance that he was there right beside him. He then put his other hand gently on the boy's head, patting it softly. Patting and holding his hand like this came very naturally to Aren.

The older dust saw the sun hanging in the vast blue canvas, the sky. The birds dancing in the distance casting silhouettes above. It was by no means late but then Aren remembered that Rindou had an actual human guardian and he might be worried around this time.

Aren let go of Rindou hesitantly, "Your guardian might be worried about you right now.." his voice trailed off. He did not want the other boy to go just yet but he did realize that the boy wasn't his to take with him.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:49 pm
At the mention of Jarett and how he may be looking for the Dustling, Rindou turned his head back in the direction that he thought the museum might be. He was, of course, looking in the entirely wrong way but at the very least he was now aware that Jarett might be worried since he;d wandered off with a stranger. Even though Aren said he was safe and Rindou did feel safe with this strange man, he needed to be getting back.

"....YOU'RE RIGHT. I'M GOING TO GO NOW, SO OKAY AND GOOD-BYE."

....and somehow, that was that. Rindou shrugged himself out from under Aren's gentle touch and pushed himself up into the air, his legs stretched out right in front of himself as though he were doing some sort of trick. A large smile lit up his face as he tiled his head to the side, listening, and soon he found a sound that was close to what he was looking for. Without so much as any other word of good-bye the Dustling turned and started floating off at a quick pace. He wasn't running, he was mostly bouncing away, but it was more than enough to keep him going.

When he reached the museum he found Jarett at the door with his hands across his chest, unhappy. There would be no explaining for him that night about what happened, but at least Rindou knew he'd made a new friend.

Rown

Friendly Hunter

Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas