Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
do pets have souls? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do pets have souls?
  yes
  no
View Results

Meztli-the-God

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:03 pm
Pitlang
Though humans are the main animal, other animals exist and there are theories that Animals form into humans when they die and either go up or down.

Just wanted to clear this up. Man isn't an animal, we're spiritual beings. God created Man and Animal. It's not - God created Animal. Now that'd be silly! Also, this isn't "Can We Find 1 Million Buddhists on Gaia" because last time I checked Christians don't believe in reincarnation or any of the junk.

As for souls and Heaven pets. A 4 year old is smarter and has more potential then a full-grown monkey(take that evolution). Animals are, sad to say, dumb in comparison to Man. Jesus died for our sins, not for my cat's sins. And I ain't never seen no dog read the Bible. If animals went to heaven, why wouldn't plants? I say it's just comforting to say pets do go to Heaven. I'd love for my dad's dog Warf to chill with me sad but I'm not going to be so naive to say he will.

PS. Suze Orman(that lady on TV who saves you money) says "People first, money second, and pet's third" as a list of importance. so why shouldn't money go to Heaven, too? I'd sure hope not. Maybe I'd have to pay to chill with my Angel Homies.
PSS. St. Peter will be calling my name(hopefully), not my bird Crackerjack's.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:53 pm
Meztli-the-God
Pitlang
Though humans are the main animal, other animals exist and there are theories that Animals form into humans when they die and either go up or down.

Just wanted to clear this up. Man isn't an animal, we're spiritual beings. God created Man and Animal. It's not - God created Animal. Now that'd be silly! Also, this isn't "Can We Find 1 Million Buddhists on Gaia" because last time I checked Christians don't believe in reincarnation or any of the junk.

As for souls and Heaven pets. A 4 year old is smarter and has more potential then a full-grown monkey(take that evolution). Animals are, sad to say, dumb in comparison to Man. Jesus died for our sins, not for my cat's sins. And I ain't never seen no dog read the Bible. If animals went to heaven, why wouldn't plants? I say it's just comforting to say pets do go to Heaven. I'd love for my dad's dog Warf to chill with me sad but I'm not going to be so naive to say he will.

PS. Suze Orman(that lady on TV who saves you money) says "People first, money second, and pet's third" as a list of importance. so why shouldn't money go to Heaven, too? I'd sure hope not. Maybe I'd have to pay to chill with my Angel Homies.

How is it naive to believe that animals go to heaven? Just because they can't accept the Saviour, doesn't mean they should be sent to hell. They were put on this earth to please man and for man's use, as long as they fulfill that purpose I believe they will go to heaven. They are a creation of God, and every thing that God creates is good, so therefore I believe His creation, animals will be in Heaven.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Meztli-the-God

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:39 am
Pitlang

How is it naive to believe that animals go to heaven? Just because they can't accept the Saviour, doesn't mean they should be sent to hell. They were put on this earth to please man and for man's use, as long as they fulfill that purpose I believe they will go to heaven. They are a creation of God, and every thing that God creates is good, so therefore I believe His creation, animals will be in Heaven.

I never said they were sent to Hell. I said it was naive because it's just comforting to say that. Also, try to answer my questions before you pose one before me.

I'll do this more in depth. You said animals were put here to please man? I'm not pleased when a Alligator bites off my leg. And everything God creates is good? I think your forgetting about man. Just because they can't accept the Savior? Isn't that everything? I do agree with you that they were put on Earth for man's use, though.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:15 am
Shadows-shine
Br1ttana
Response to Crimson's verse: That verse is talking about the Millennial Kingdom. They do not have souls. And to say that God has them in Heaven to comfort us is basically saying that Jesus isn't going to be comforting enough. When we make it to Heaven, we won't really think about anything having to do with our lives on Earth even our pets and we'll have everything that we could want or need. If your pet is something that when you are in Heaven you feel you need, then you will have your pet, but since Jesus is enough to satisfy us that probably won't come to mind. Also, don't you think the Lord would say something like "This animal will be in Heaven" or something like that? If he tells us everything else, why wouldn't he tell us that?

I want to know how you know that we will not think of what our life was like on earth when we are in heaven? Our memories aren't going to be erased. I don't agree that we aren't really going to care if we had pets in this earth life when we are granted passage into the eternities. I believe that God will allow the animals into Heaven and allow us to have them as pets just like we do here on earth. There is no where in the Bible that says that animals do not have spirits. They have the breath of life in them, which is their spirit, otherwise they would not be living.

It will be likely our memories will be erased. The bible said there will be no sadness or sorrow in heaven. What if you remember the day someone died close to you and that you loved. You would be sad or you will have sorrow.  

XXDemonic TwinkieXX

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:25 pm
XXDemonic TwinkieXX
Shadows-shine
Br1ttana
Response to Crimson's verse: That verse is talking about the Millennial Kingdom. They do not have souls. And to say that God has them in Heaven to comfort us is basically saying that Jesus isn't going to be comforting enough. When we make it to Heaven, we won't really think about anything having to do with our lives on Earth even our pets and we'll have everything that we could want or need. If your pet is something that when you are in Heaven you feel you need, then you will have your pet, but since Jesus is enough to satisfy us that probably won't come to mind. Also, don't you think the Lord would say something like "This animal will be in Heaven" or something like that? If he tells us everything else, why wouldn't he tell us that?

I want to know how you know that we will not think of what our life was like on earth when we are in heaven? Our memories aren't going to be erased. I don't agree that we aren't really going to care if we had pets in this earth life when we are granted passage into the eternities. I believe that God will allow the animals into Heaven and allow us to have them as pets just like we do here on earth. There is no where in the Bible that says that animals do not have spirits. They have the breath of life in them, which is their spirit, otherwise they would not be living.

It will be likely our memories will be erased. The bible said there will be no sadness or sorrow in heaven. What if you remember the day someone died close to you and that you loved. You would be sad or you will have sorrow.

Where does the Bible say that our memories will be erased when we go to heaven? Where does it say that we will experience no sorrow or happiness, etc. in Heaven?

If that person that I remember died, but I meet them again in the eternities, how could I be sad?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:15 pm
All I know is that the bible never states that god breath life into any creature other than us. So idk, animals may be living with no soul, or they may have a soul, Idk either and I've been wanting to ask my pastor because I've recently began to wonder the same thing myself. confused  

WhitersNote

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:34 am
whiters4
All I know is that the bible never states that god breath life into any creature other than us. So idk, animals may be living with no soul, or they may have a soul, Idk either and I've been wanting to ask my pastor because I've recently began to wonder the same thing myself. confused

Yes the Bible does say that God breathed life into animals. In Genesis 7:15 it says "And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life."

All flesh = animals and people. All of them have the breath of life. God gave humans life as well as animals.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:47 am
[Sorry for the long post]

I think pets/animals/plants have a soul and a spirit. God made them, and even though we may be ranked above them to rule them, that doesn't make them less important in Gods eyes or leave them without a place in heaven.

I've heard this debate over and over again...we'll never know the truth until it's "too late" [meaning, we'll know in heaven, but once we're in heaven it won't matter, ya know?]

Now, I'm not sure how many of you have been around a dead or dying pet [or a human, for that matter], but here's my experience: When I was 9, one of the guys working at the camp I was at found a kitten abandoned in the woods. We took her home and she lived with us for 17 years [and we don't even know how old she was when we found her].

I always felt like I could talk to her, like she kind of knew what I was going on about. She was also really sensitive to sadness and sickness, always knowing where the hurt was and snuggling up there. From that alone, I feel like she had a soul, because how else could she have the ability to care and show compassion. Fast-forward to April 2010...She had gotten sick with fast spreading breast cancer and was getting weaker every day. She was behaving in a sad, scared manner, so I held her tight on my lap as I watched TV [David Tennant in Hamlet, not that it matters.] Suddenly she began to kick about and sort of cry. She contorted and shook as if she was having a seizure...and then it all stopped.

Now most people talk about "dead weight" as being something heavy, something that weighs a body down, but I didn't find that to be the case...In fact, she became lighter. I sat there crying, but all I could think was that she wasn't my cat anymore, she was just a vessel. It probably sounds all wacky and supernatural, but the whole moment was so surreal, it actually seemed as though her spirit had just lifted up out of her. As if it was her soul that had weight, not her physical body.

I hope that makes sense. But it was because of that moment that I 100% believe that pets [and other creatures] have a soul and a spirit. I find no other explanation for it.

Maeko-Hana

XXDemonic TwinkieXX

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:52 am
Shadows-shine
XXDemonic TwinkieXX
Shadows-shine
Br1ttana

Where does the Bible say that our memories will be erased when we go to heaven? Where does it say that we will experience no sorrow or happiness, etc. in Heaven?

If that person that I remember died, but I meet them again in the eternities, how could I be sad?

Please explain to me when I said there will be no happiness. Oh like I said before you would probably be sad if they died anyway. Stop thinking in your own point of view and look at everyone else's. This is why I talk to down to earth Christians. Well my ranting is done.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:07 am
Shadows-shine
Meztli-the-God
Pitlang

Hi, pets don't go to Hell. And the bible is clear about animals being in heaven.  

AngelFaceBabyDoll

6,200 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:06 pm
User Image

They do too the Bible says so!

(Genesis 1:30 )
"And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air,
and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth,
wherein there is a living soul, [I have given]
every green herb for food.' And it was so.

If you have a soul you go to Heaven if your saved, animals are innocent. They know no better they haven't taken of the forbidden fruit.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:07 am
XXDemonic TwinkieXX
Shadows-shine
XXDemonic TwinkieXX
Shadows-shine
Br1ttana

Please explain to me when I said there will be no happiness. Oh like I said before you would probably be sad if they died anyway. Stop thinking in your own point of view and look at everyone else's. This is why I talk to down to earth Christians. Well my ranting is done.

I do look at other people's points of views. And thanks for insinuating that I am pompous and not down to earth.

And yes, I would be sad if some one I loved died, but that sadness would only be temporary because I know I'd see them again in the eternities. I believe family is forever. So if one of my loved ones died tomorrow, sure I'd grieve for them, but I'd comforted in the fact that they'd be waiting for me in the eternities.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:08 am
AngelFaceBabyDoll
Shadows-shine
Meztli-the-God
Pitlang

Hi, pets don't go to Hell. And the bible is clear about animals being in heaven.

Yes, I know, that was the point I was making.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:13 am
Shadows-shine
XXDemonic TwinkieXX
Shadows-shine
XXDemonic TwinkieXX
Shadows-shine
Br1ttana

I do look at other people's points of views. And thanks for insinuating that I am pompous and not down to earth.

And yes, I would be sad if some one I loved died, but that sadness would only be temporary because I know I'd see them again in the eternities. I believe family is forever. So if one of my loved ones died tomorrow, sure I'd grieve for them, but I'd comforted in the fact that they'd be waiting for me in the eternities.

Eh it was probably how you were acting that made me say that. I don't debate with people I just say my thoughts and move on  

XXDemonic TwinkieXX

Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces