Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Important question for all the guys and gals... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:13 pm
Anything to fix broken dress straps or shoe problems. A small sewing kit is great. I was at a dance once and my strap started coming apart and i was worried about it the rest of the dance. luckily it stayed but i totally wasn't prepared for it!

Heels are pain in the butts. If the wedding isn't doing something like offering flip flops, band aids and ways to relieve shoe pain is def appreciated by all females.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:44 pm
haha I don't think we're rich enough to offer flip flops for 120 people. People usually bring a change of shoes to a wedding reception anyways. Or they go barefoot.  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:56 pm
Re: Flipflops

My cousin's entire wedding party wore flipflops xD I hear it was quite amusing. They also all had sunglasses, I believe.
(I wasn't there, but my parents went)

[/offtopic]  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:14 pm
haha my glasses tint automatically, and the ceremony is going to be outdoors, so I will have sunglasses whether anyone likes it or not. Also my brother is photophobic and will be likely wearing his shades until the last possibler instant before the ceremony starts, and he will hide them in his sporran so he can immediately put them on again when the ceremony is over. I am guessing he will be scowling through the whole thing because he's trying to squint and keep the sun out of his eyes.

Just to reframe this: This is not a big fat commercial wedding. There is no hotel involved. If there was some company doing stuff, we would not need to put together baskets and stuff like that. It is a poor people's homemade wedding.  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:24 pm
Does anyone know the origin behind:

Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.

The Doctor Who finale and speaking of weddings got me wondering.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:19 pm
It's just an old superstition that became a custom.  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

emmmahy

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:09 am
emmmahy
Bubblegum. xd

And painkillers? xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:25 pm
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
There they are a'standing in a row!

I demand there be commemerative bridal bouquets because it's quite embarrassing to miss and not catch the bride's bouquet.

Twice that has happened to me and both times, I have gone into a corner and stamped my foot. The first occasion had me throwing a tantrum.

"Give them a twist, a flick of the wrist!"
That's what the showman said!

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:00 pm
some of us don't WANT the effing bouquet.

One time, I was at a wedding and the bride threw the bouquet right into a ceiling fan (oops) which shot the bouquet into my hands so fast I didn't even have time to drop it. Fuuuuuuuuuuuu  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:40 pm
I find a meat shield to shove at the bouquet if it comes at me. Ugh.

Not sure if these were mentioned:
Chocolate/M&Ms
Moisturizer
Antibacterial stuff for the hands (some people don't like just soap & water)
tissues
Bayer asprin (in case of heart attacks or headaches...better to be prepared)
hairspray
bobby pins
safety pins  

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:47 pm
....chocolate in the bathroom? Something about that doesn't feel right to me, but to each their own.

At the last wedding I went to, when it came time for the bouquet (I didn't want to go up, but my uncle made me ;_; ), everyone pushed one of my mom's cousins to the front (she and her boyfriend have been together for like a million years) and then when the bouquet was thrown, everyone pretty much stepped away from it (it landed on the floor like right next to me, so that freaked me out a bit).

And I second moisturizer/hand lotion/whatever. Washing my hands makes them all dry and cracked and stuff. Also, painkillers would probably be good, because I guess I'm the only one that has some with me at all times.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:20 pm
Hydrogen Peroxide and Dihydrogen Monoxide.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:10 am
We debated putting in some aspirin or advil or something but there will be little kids at this wedding and well... That might not be such a good combination. We do have hand sanitizer, bobby pins, etc. and I told my mom to put in a small bottle of hairspray or gel in the mens' AND the ladies' rooms. There are also nail clippers.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:02 pm
Safety pins and lil sewing kits. I swear, if the strap on someone's dress comes loose for some reason, and they race to the bathroom to find safety pins or even a whole little travel sewing kit (just one with a needle, some thread and a button), they'd be greatful forever to have that. I know I would be.  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:26 pm
Yup, a sewing kit was one of the first things into the basket when we thought we were having the reception at my parents' house. Now that we're having it in the hall, do you think we need to get another to put in the basket for the mens' room? My mom's thinking is that most guys will be there with a woman who would fetch a needle and thread to sew on whatever button pops off or whatever.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff