Reply Community Lounge
Knocked Up Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

L!la L!nea

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:50 pm
I've talked to my bf about this issue as well. I am still really uncertain. I know if I kept the baby and had it I would get too attached and not want to give it up for adoption but I am no where near ready to be a mother.

I also party at least once a weak and before I would find out about my pregnancy a lot of alcohol may have been consumed... and even if I'm pregnant miscarriages are common.

I'm ok with abortion but I don't know how guilty I would feel after wards for my selfish actions getting me into the mess and my decision to end a possible life. It's a messy situation=/  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:43 am
I reckon if I was a woman, and I got pregnant at an unwanted time, I could never abort it. I'd feel like as if I was murdering the unborn baby. Having said that, I don't have anything against women having abortion or if say my partner were to have one. I just would not be able to do it it some a child growing inside of me. I'd probably be more critical of my partner aborting though, then someone else.

I would probably give my child up for adoption if I thought I really was not prepared for it. I don;t see myself as a great father, so unless I was well off by the time that situation came around I think adoption would be the best thing. I wouldn't feel too awkward telling people who asked about the child that I was giving it up for adoption. I'd just explain my reasons to them smile

But see I'm someone who probably wont have kids if I could avoid it anyway. I'm not a responsible enough person, and I think I lack the job skills required. I'd rather not have a child or give it up for adoption than be responsible for some child who's dumb and misbehaves. Plus I just shudder and the thought my kid could have some sort of defect. I don't think I could handle that at all.  

Surazal Dloc

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:33 pm
Yunie and I came up with a list of reasons why we don't want children. You may not agree with some/any of them. That's okay. I realize it's a rather controversial subject. Just remember that this list represents our -opinion-. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Reasons We Won't Have Children:
1. We don't want them.
2. Babies cry... a lot...
3. People spend thousands of dollars on their babies. [It costs an average of $250,000 to raise a child to the age of 18.]
4. Women do not become beautiful whilst pregnant. They become gross, and you know it.
5. I'm pretty sure humans were never designed to give birth.
6. Even after the pain's over, the headache is just beginning.
7. We're barely responsible enough to take care of ourselves.
8. Babies generally make both parties irritable and can often lead to weakened relationships.
9. Having a baby means settling down... for good.
10. Babies require constant supervision.
11. The world is overpopulated as it is.
12. Other people are -really- annoying when they see your baby. Like... srsly... stfu.
13. People always assume you know nothing about parenting.
14. It's really irritating when everyone starts having conversations with your stomach.
15. Babies are cancerous parasites that leech the life out of the host until they exit... in the most
painful way possible...
16. Babies are creepy, gross, and they all look the same. Shut the hell up. Yes, they do.
17. Hormones... Oh, DAMN, the hormones.
18. Sleep? What is that? You don't get to have that anymore.
19. Childbirth requires, among other things, ridiculous amounts of paperwork.
20. Childbirth.
21. Suddenly nothing in your life can be interesting. At all. All focus must be on keeping this small... thing... alive.
22. Postpartum Depression.
23. The aftermath effects of childbirth on the body are long-lasting and misery-inducing.
24. Doctors, needles, ultrasounds, drugs...
25. HOSPITALS are sterile, white, disease prisons.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:02 am
That is a very in-depth list. Mine isn't quite as...provocative. x3

Why I don't want a baby:
-First and foremost, I am not maternal. Among my peers, I feel almost alien for not going googly-eyed over babies.
-I have worked very hard to become independent and to attain a comfortable standard of living without being in debt. Having a child is a huge financial expense I am not willing to deal with.
-I lack the patience required to be an effective parent.
-Diapers, vomit, snotty noses, messes...not appealing.
-My boyfriend is certainly not ready to be a parent, either. Pregnancy and then parenthood would likely put an end to my relationship with him.
-The actual birth sounds terrifying.

I am happy for people who have kids and love them and want to be parents. I also have a great deal of respect for people who've managed to raise children successfully, because (as I've noted above) the idea of having a baby is so abhorrent to me personally. I couldn't do it, so kudos to those that not only can, but want to.

That said (and this is becoming more and more of an issue as my friends and coworkers have started popping babies out), I find myself feeling alienated from other young women my age, because I simply do not care about babies.

While other people are cooing and awwwwing over someone's new crotchspawn, I feel nothing. I am as interested in baby photos as I am in watching paint dry. (Of course, I am certainly not going to intentionally hurt the new mother's feelings by telling her so. sweatdrop ) I don't see anything "cute" or "funny" or "precious" about how Junior smeared the contents of his dirty diaper all over his crib, or how someone's little angel puked up blueberries all over the couch. These stories do not entertain me, they make me want to cover my ears and walk away.

It all makes me wonder what's wrong with me. I've always found it very hard to relate to most other girls, so maybe this is just more of the same, but maybe I'm just defective. :s It's not just that I'm not ready for a baby at this given time, it's that I don't feel like I'd ever, ever want one. More than anything else, the fact that I lack this instinct (which is apparently totally ingrained in most of my peers) makes me believe I would be an absolutely horrible mother.

And frankly, there are enough horrible parents out there already. I don't want to be one.

PixiecuTT

Kipluck

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:23 pm
I'd pretty much start a religion, since I am abstinent. But if I weren't, honestly I would likely raise it. I want a child. Granted I want to be MARRIED first, preferably to my current boyfriend but we are a few years from that., but yeah.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:29 pm
Pisces you missed one that had me confused as to what to do.

If you have two kids and they're both vomiting at once, you have no idea who to go to!

Other than that I like kids. In fact I would love to have another child right now, but school is more important, but when I'm done school we're planing on having another... Should GTR still be up to it.  

God-Raped-Me

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces