Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

UnquietDreams

3,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:03 pm
Well, rewriting it would be all fine and dandy. Except we spent a few months roleplaying the scenes that made her history what it was. I don't see how I can stand by those posts and completely twist around her history.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:07 pm
Retconning is a popular thing. Most RP communities I'm aware of have it happen regularly because of just this sort of situation.

That's how you change things that were previously established, but are serious problems. Just make sure every player knows what you're retconning.  

All Purpose Muling Device

welian

Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:09 pm
... Retconning....

We could have a collapse of the time stream that completely resets the story, LOL!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:42 pm
@Elyios Hell, when you PM'd me that you were going to be a b***h to her, I didn't expect it to be this funny lol . I was laughing at your rude remarks the whole time haha. Also, I totally agree that the girl is a complete Mary-Sue. She needs to have something... different.

Anyway, I have a few comments of my own:

- How was she marked a black magic sorceress? And how can you even be a sorceress at 4 years old?

- How did loneliness get her to the Ancients? If she was locked in the basement, how did they retrieve her in the first place?

- Why would the Ancients let a child go to hell? That's kind of harsh. What are the Ancients personalities?

- If the Ancients trained her for 10 years, was she living with them?

- How can the parents send her to Mystic Fountain if they disowned her?

- You say she "takes her own life" and then you say the Ancients wouldn't let her. Wasn't she already dead?

- Who did she come to love at school?

- Is the school like a magic school? Or just your average school that has the name "Mystic Fountain"?

- How could the headmaster give her Poopsie if everyone thinks she's dead? Does she get food in the bell tower? Does she still learn anything? What happened to her parents? How does she get down from there?

- How can she have responsibilities in Hell if the Satan is already dead? What is there to do down there?

- How can she be an outcast if she's "dead"?

- Maybe you can make this whole timeline happen later in her life. Like maybe the Ancients discovered her at like, 10 or something. At least it wouldn't be that crazy.

i am sad mami

Premium Fairy

Varsagod

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:33 pm

I think Eylios has made most of the criticisms needed here. While this character isn't an awful Mary Sue, she's definitely got it going on.

I love the fact that you gave her flaws that don't amount simply to 'clumsiness'! Age and the amount of power she has are the two biggest issues I can see here. Plot holes can be filled in, but being that powerful at such a young age is a tad ridiculous.

I have to say, I do adore her names, both of them =D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:58 pm
Ok, let's see if I can answer all these so it makes sense.

-God knows why, but I made the Rinaldi family have a trait run through them that marks each child at the age of four. If they have white magic abilities, markings in the form of angel wings appear on their back. If they, god forbid, have black magic, markings in the form of devil's wings form on their back. It wasn't so much she was a sorceress than her magic began to develop and show itself.

-They locked her in the basement, yes, but it's easy enough for a small child to crawl through a small window if they're determined enough. And Danni wasn't one for being locked in anywhere. Loneliness led her to them because they appeared before her, offering her a companionship that she hadn't had in a long time, and she, being young and vulnerable, latched onto it.

-The Ancients let her go to Hell because they knew it was necessary that she do so if the Prophecy was to be fulfilled. They were big on the whole prophecy thing. The Ancients like to think they're compassionate, and they are, to a point. But at the same time, they'll do anything to get what they want. Even use a young girl.

-No, she remained living in the basement of the family's mansion. They live on a private island, so she would sneak out into the forest and train there at night.

-She wasn't disowned until after entering Mystic Fountain, when she defied her parents and offered to give up her inheritance and all of that if they would leave her be. Since the b***h Eleanor didn't give a damn about her, she was disowned without much fuss.

-She did take her own life. She jumped off a cliff, in the most horrible of suicide cliches, and since suicide is a sin, she'd have been sent straight to the devil, who was currently after her head. Since this would screw up the whole prophecy, the Ancients claimed her soul before Satan could, placing it in a new body.

-She came to love the school cook (Cook) as a father figure, the healer Ophi as a grandfather. Recently she's developed a completely unrequitted crush on the headmaster Ialo, as teenage girls are prone to do when an older man gives them attention.

-Yes, Mystic Fountain is a school for those who possess magical abilities and things like that. The name comes from the relic hidden beneath the school.

-Ialo knows she still lives because he helped her fight that final battle that fulfilled the prophecy. To teach her a lesson for doing something so wreckless, he banished her to the bell tower and banned her from Cook's home. Cook, being the paternal sort, sends her food. She learns what she teaches herself from textbooks she has. She gets down thanks to several rickety sets of stairs that are the bane of her existence.

-Even though Satan has been defeated-not killed, just lost all power-Danni continued her Reaping duties, working this time for the Ancients, reclaiming her old partner, Arzol. Because she's not entirely stable, she occassionally spends her time torturing hell-bound spirits.

-She's an outcast because, even though a few people know she's still alive, she's still pretty much alone in her belltower except for Poopsie. And she doesn't count him.

-That is a very good idea. I need to have a sit-down and replot my baby's history.  

UnquietDreams

3,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100

i am sad mami

Premium Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:38 am
User Image User Image User Image
nom nom nom...
User Image
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I know I'm probably being a pain, but I have two more questions.

- So she met the Ancients by climbing out of a window in the basement? So there's windows underground?

- When the trait is discovered at the age of four, will the child be able to use their magic already? Was she dangerous to anyone or is her mother just a biatch?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
User Image
User Image User Image User Image
... nom nom nom

Character Concepts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items