Reply Community Lounge
Ring Mah Bell......'s Palsy Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:11 am
User ImageI swear by my pretty floral bonnet...

The suggestion for being Jean Chretien for Halloween made me laaaawl. x3 Nice way to look at it.

I hope you recover very quickly, Tae. We loves you. <3

User Image
...I will end you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:26 pm
Use a stick-on eyepatch thingie? Or put a gauze pad over your eye and tape it on to hold it shut while you sleep, so the tape can stick to more resilient parts of your face?

(and yes, i admit I cracked up at the Jean Chretien idea too!)  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:57 pm
I tried that last night. ._. No go.

The problem is that unless I put a lot of pressure on my eye, to the point where it's painful, gauze won't hold it shut.

Normally, you blink if anything unexpectedly comes close to your eye, or touches it. I completely lack that reflex for the time being. My eye will open even if there's something right up against it. And there lies the danger in my eye drying out and my cornea getting scratched by the gauze. ._.

So I seem to be stuck taping. It's the only thing so far that holds the eyelid closed.

Fun Horrible factoid: If absolutely nothing works (in cases where the eye can't be closed whatsoever), you need to have your eye STITCHED CLOSED. gonk gonk gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:13 am
gonk Oh poor Tae! Hopefully it won't come to having your eye stitched up. It seems like your attitude is pretty positive though, so I guess keep it up.
sweatdrop I've got my own "pain-in-the a** though probably not very serious" medical...uh...thingy going on, so I can't say I know exactly how you feel, but it does suck when you're dealing with something that you have to wait out. sweatdrop I'll send ya all the good karma I can spare. ^_^  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

emmmahy

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:15 am
DDDDD:

Ohmygod. I hope it doesn't happen!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:12 am
Tae: have you tried something like this? They sell em at Safeway and at all the local drug stores out here. I imagine they would be safe to use, being specifically designed as eye covers.  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:34 am
It says in the description that it permits free movement of the eyelid, so unfortunately I wouldn't be able to use it. It looks so comfy, though. *gonk*

._. Bleh. Thank you for looking, though.

I managed to get it taped relatively comfortably last night. Seems to be a matter of an inch of tape vertically, from the midpoint of my eyelid to my cheek close to my nose, then an inch and a half diagonally from the inside corner of my eyelid to my cheek bone. It's getting easier to pull off, especially if I put some eye drops on the tape while I'm peeling.

@Kyla: I'm pretty sure I'd have to be extremely sedated before they could get near me with a needle. ._. I think that's like a last-resort scenario, when you have to either stitch it shut or risk going blind in that eye. Thank you for the good karma. <3 I hope your pain-in-the-a** medical thingy gets better soon.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:44 pm
I haven't looked at the actual products, but my impression was that they are like a bubble over the eye, so that nothing can contact the cornea or the conjunctiva, but there is also no pressure on the eye. *shrug* might be worth asking an optometrist or an ophthalmologist if they have anything you could use without potentially damaging your eyelid.  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Slim95
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:55 pm
I agree with Kals, Tae, though I am glad to hear the tape is working for the moment...

I just have to deal with my slightly poor eyesight... I have an appointment with my optometrist next week; am in need of a new pair of glasses. I can't see the board in my philosophy class...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:22 am
Well the War of 1812 was really the continuance of the American War for Independence as both sides really didn't finish fighting it out and wanted a round two. It was a really interesting war because America lost on the ground in mass at first, but was scoring real Naval Victories, America however won the war in the end and even completely routing the British in the South ensuring American independence.

Slim: There is nothing there to read, don't you know that all facts are just opinions based in information that could be a lie. Also no one ever has existed but you.  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items