Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
I Think About Reincarnation A Lot....Is That Bad? D: Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is This Bad? T^T
  No! Don't Worry About It! You're Fine! : )
  It's Not Bad.
  It's Sorta Bad....
  It's Awful! D:<
  I Don't Know....
View Results

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:04 am
Azkeel
Vegeta_Lover239
I believe in God, that Jesus died for us on the cross, that he was resurected, and all that. But my belief is a little bit different, although I'm still Christian.

I believe that our Spirit, or Soul, goes to Heaven. But I believe that while one of them goes to heaven(either the soul or spirit, although they can be considered the same thing), the other one is reincarnated into a new body.

But only if you did good in your life. If you, unfortunately, go to Hell, then you do not get reincarnated.

This is my belief. I still consider myself a Christian, but I want to get everyone's opinion. : (
Why do you consider yourself a Christian? This is a better question.

As I said, this is just a thought. I don't nessisarily believe it, but sometimes I wonder if this is so.

I think of myself as a Christian because I believe in Christ our Savior, and that he died on the cross for us. I believe that the Lord created all living things, that he loves and cares for us, and helps us to see the light.

But who knows? Perhaps from His view, I am not a Christian. I consider myself as one, but that is just me. Maybe the Lord has other plans for me? Only He knows for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:13 pm
I find that kind of odd. To me that basically sounds like God taking you away from this place, then rising you again. Jesus is the only one who ever rose again after his death.  

The Moonlight Densetsu

Shameless Streaker

Le Pale to the Chief

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:28 am
@ Azkeel - The scriptures teach us to pray for one another and not judge or condemn. This guild is open to everyone with the right qualifications. The walk with Christ is a learning and training field. Ephesians 4:12 "To prepare Gods people for works of service so that the Body of Christ may be built up.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:58 am
X XWell... if that's what you believe then you are allowing yourself to deviate from scripture at that point. Reincarnation is not a doctrine from the Word of God, just so you understand that.

Jesus told us to not judge according to appearance, but to judge with righteous judgment.
If I am to judge righteously at all right now, I would say that this thought is not a fruit from our Father.

It seems, though, that you are feeling some remorse for thinking this. Which is good; that's the beginning of repentance, you know.
Speaking from the understanding of our nature, yes... reincarnation would come across as a hopeful desire,
but it is not the desire that God has for us.
His desire is much better:
He would rather us be with Him in heaven for all eternity!
That's the greatest gift we could have. ^ ^
So be thankful that our Father is offering this to you
as long as you believe and obey His Word.
Sure, we fail; we sin and forget to take hold of our thoughts and desires,
but that's why there is grace and forgiveness.
Just repent, rely on God's strength and turn away from such a thought.
It's a process, but with God all things are possible.

God bless you, and I pray that He keeps you on the narrow path.
X X

kdke

Anxious Noob

Azkeel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:13 am
I'm trying to build the Church not the congregation.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:23 am
Hashem is very jealous and banned us from worship of false idols...  

Azkeel

Azkeel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:48 am
And as for reincarnation being born again. Our scripture does suggest dying and being reborn wink

But it's a spiritual rebirth not a physical, so when you think of reincarnation perhaps you should realize if you are a beliver in the scriptures you have already been reincarnated in a way. So perhaps meditate on being a new spiritual being?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:36 pm
Scenario A: human - animal/insect = Not possible (Humans have a soul that will be judged/ Animals are not going to be judged.)
Scenario B: Human - Human = Not possible (We humans are appointed to live one time and one time only and after this, Judgment.We only have one chance to make the decision of where we want to spend eternity as said so by God.)
Scenario C: Human - Object = Does this even need an explanation?

Any of the Above scenarios all together A,B, and C = Not possible.
Why? ; What are you making of God's blood in the cross?
If any of these were true, Jesu's own death on the cross would have been in vain/unnecessary which is plain out blasphemy.
He did not come to die for animals. He did not come to die for a table.
He came to die for you and only you.
If you were able to have more lives which would keep you from hell and into heaven; then Jesus could have been sipping margarita's on the beach (pardon my metaphor XD) while you decide to change the path you've taken, a second/third/infinity amount of times.

If you sit down and think this thorough logically, through a Biblical perspective, reincarnation is simple more impossible than that camel trying to fit through that eye of a needle.... <_<

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:02 am
@Green:
I don't mean to be offensive, but that metaphor made me laugh. XD

Anyhoo, I see your point.
I wasn't saying that you avoid going to Heaven or Hell, but it's just a thought of what happens to your mind itself when you die. Where does it go? Does it follow you to the light? Or does it stay on Earth and find a new host? What does it do?

That's where the reincarnation idea comes into mind. It's just a thought, but honestly, I doubt it. ;3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:35 pm
Vegeta_Lover239
@Green:

I wasn't saying that you avoid going to Heaven or Hell, but it's just a thought of what happens to your mind itself when you die. Where does it go? Does it follow you to the light? Or does it stay on Earth and find a new host? What does it do?

That's where the reincarnation idea comes into mind. It's just a thought, but honestly, I doubt it. ;3
I've been locked inside that house, all the while You hold key
And I've been dying to get out, though that might be the death of me

If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior (did I really need to add all that? XD), you go to Heaven when you die. Where else?

And all I'm asking is for You to do what you can with me
But I can't ask You to give what You already gave

xxEverBluexx

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:39 pm
xxEverBluexx
Vegeta_Lover239
@Green:

I've been locked inside that house, all the while You hold key
And I've been dying to get out, though that might be the death of me

If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior (did I really need to add all that? XD), you go to Heaven when you die. Where else?

And all I'm asking is for You to do what you can with me
But I can't ask You to give what You already gave

(No, you didn't. XD)
Well I know that. XD
But you have to wonder sometimes.
Or, choose to wonder sometimes.
;3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:19 am
I am not sure if everyone here is getting just exactly what you mean, Vegeta_Lover239, when you say that it is just a thought, and that you don't really believe it. I understand what you mean--we all have these thoughts that come to our minds that are against God, but we, as humans, can't help but wonder. I never doubt God or what he says. I was blessed with a stubborn mind and a strong will--there is nothing that anyone can say or do that will make me stop believing in God. But I was also blessed with a mind that explores ideas. I think all the time about just odd things, and some of these things are blasphemous. I do not believe them, but I think about them. 'What if,' I say. 'Possibly, maybe, I wonder.' It is hard to explain this feeling, not believing in what you yourself think.

Did that describe your thoughts, Vegeta_Lover239? Or did I not interpret your meaning right? Perhaps I am the confused one here. xD

I would just like to say that most of these posts have been very repetitive. Reading posts by other people before you say something could be helpful, because Vegeta_Lover239 has been told the same thing over and over again, and that just doesn't seem to help anyone, really. I really do hope I don't sound rude when you read this--that is not my intention.

I couldn't help but feel the judgement and the... 'I know better than you' from a few unnamed people, and no, not all of you. A very few number of people were saying the same things already said, but sounded very judgmental to me. I apologize, and I know you did not intend to sound this way. But we're all equals here, all helping each other out, and we all have a few problems here and there. None of us have the authority to judge anyone. But you all knew that, you all seem like very well-educated and strong followers of Christ.

Please do not take this post the wrong way, it is just the atmosphere that I felt whilst reading.

Avioke

Conservative Conversationalist

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:23 pm
Vegeta_Lover239
@Green:

Well, if you're talking about only the mind...then I'm pretty sure it would go to the same place where feelings go.....and thoughts.....and the actions you did when you were alive.
They all get buried with their respective organs but only those things produced by the spirit go with you. ;D

I also get random thoughts as well, sometimes we are allowed to wonder but why wonder.
Sometimes I find myself wondering about the Universe, it just makes my mind go *puff* @_@ then I land back on earth and realize that our God is an awesome God indeed.
3nodding

All of the answers are written in one single book, so when I my mind is full of questions and thoughts, I look for answers in the Bible. So when I get tired of looking for my own answers, I open up that book and let God do the answering.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:20 pm
Where else? How about the grave where you wait for resurection? Then live on Earth with heaven on earth.  

Azkeel

Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces