Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
Ghosts-What Do You Think? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:00 pm
@ lifelessdoll_13-All people, whether they are Christian or not must face judgement. The scriptures teach that all men will be judged according their works whether good or evil. Christians are not exempt from the Judgement Day.

I believe that if the spirits of people who have died contact the living, we shouldn't ignore them, it'd be kind of rude. They are people and have emotions and thoughts too. They just don't have a body.

And demons shouldn't be ignored, especially since Jesus gave us permission to cast them out in His name. We shouldn't be afraid to use that authority if it's necessary to use.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:02 pm
Shadows-shine
Vegeta_Lover239
Demons do exist. Even the kids bibles tells us that. ;3 But whether ghosts/spirits(technically they are the same thing. A lot of times, Ghost is just another term for Spirit in this concept)are demons is a mystery.

~Doll:
Wait....what? Sorry, this is what I got out of that sentence:
What about the people who have to wait in that middle ground thingy where they are waiting to be judged during the end of the world? What if ghosts are those people, and sometimes use them to do super evil things to the living? Just a thought.
Sorry about that. This is why in all my RP's I insist on text-talk; I can't read a sentence like that to save my life XD

And are you talking about Limbo? No wait, that's something else. I'm pretty sure it's not called the Middle Ground Thingy, though. Spirit Realm, maybe?

~Shine:
I don't mean to be a critic, but you know when objects move mysteriously on that show? I'm ready to bet my hamburger helper(nomnoms) that there's a string pulling it :3

I doubt it, especially since the Ghost Hunter's team is known for coming in to debunk "hauntings". They are a team of skeptics that do not believe in Ghosts or hauntings. They are out to disprove them, not try and prove they're real.

Wait...
I'm stupid, or tired.
Are you saying they're finding real ghosts or not or whatever?

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200

lifelessdoll_13

Beloved Mage

7,450 Points
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:07 pm
i know that we all have to face judgment, i'm not saying that we Christians don't. i'm only putting down what i last remembered, since i never really cared about ghosts, its sort of like do you believe in aliens, if God wanted me to know he would plop one in mah house right?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:08 pm
I personally do not think that Ghosts are spirits or demons of any sort... So it depends on ones definition of what a ghost is. I believe that all souls go to heaven or hell after death... but I do believe in ghosts. My definiton of ghosts is simply this... Bodies run on energy, which (according to science) can neither be created nor destroyed... so my guess is, is that ghosts are energy left over when a person dies... if it can not be destroyed, where does it go? I think that is why they can mess with electronic equipment too... but this is just my opinion.  

Fringie Jester

Hardened Warrior

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:42 pm
Vegeta_Lover239
Shadows-shine
Vegeta_Lover239
Demons do exist. Even the kids bibles tells us that. ;3 But whether ghosts/spirits(technically they are the same thing. A lot of times, Ghost is just another term for Spirit in this concept)are demons is a mystery.

~Doll:
Wait....what? Sorry, this is what I got out of that sentence:
What about the people who have to wait in that middle ground thingy where they are waiting to be judged during the end of the world? What if ghosts are those people, and sometimes use them to do super evil things to the living? Just a thought.
Sorry about that. This is why in all my RP's I insist on text-talk; I can't read a sentence like that to save my life XD

And are you talking about Limbo? No wait, that's something else. I'm pretty sure it's not called the Middle Ground Thingy, though. Spirit Realm, maybe?

~Shine:
I don't mean to be a critic, but you know when objects move mysteriously on that show? I'm ready to bet my hamburger helper(nomnoms) that there's a string pulling it :3

I doubt it, especially since the Ghost Hunter's team is known for coming in to debunk "hauntings". They are a team of skeptics that do not believe in Ghosts or hauntings. They are out to disprove them, not try and prove they're real.

Wait...
I'm stupid, or tired.
Are you saying they're finding real ghosts or not or whatever?

They have caught entities on video and voices on their sound equipment, they've tried to debunk it in every way possible by recreating it and what not and there are just some things they cannot recreate, explain, or debunk. They are very hesitant to call places "haunted", but they do acknowledge that a place may have paranormal activity. They aren't out to capture evidence that ghosts exist, they are out to say they don't, but occasionally they find things on video or sound recorders that leave them and every one scratching their heads.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:46 pm
lifelessdoll_13
i know that we all have to face judgment, i'm not saying that we Christians don't. i'm only putting down what i last remembered, since i never really cared about ghosts, its sort of like do you believe in aliens, if God wanted me to know he would plop one in mah house right?

Possibly. The unknown has always fascinated mankind ever since Adam and Eve, so it's no shocker that man is still researching it.

As for extrterrestrials, I believe there is life on other planets, not the little green martian types or the big blue aliens or whatever, but they look like us, humans . Consider how vast the universe is. We are just one solar system in a vast unending universe. I think it would be pretty arrogant of mankind to assume we are the only living things in the universe.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:47 pm
Jester25
I personally do not think that Ghosts are spirits or demons of any sort... So it depends on ones definition of what a ghost is. I believe that all souls go to heaven or hell after death... but I do believe in ghosts. My definiton of ghosts is simply this... Bodies run on energy, which (according to science) can neither be created nor destroyed... so my guess is, is that ghosts are energy left over when a person dies... if it can not be destroyed, where does it go? I think that is why they can mess with electronic equipment too... but this is just my opinion.

So you believe in what paranormal experts call residual haunts or residual energy?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:56 pm
Shadows-shine
Jester25

So you believe in what paranormal experts call residual haunts or residual energy?

I guess... However, that is the first time that I have heard those phrases, since I don't really watch ghost shows or anything like that. But that sounds about right.  

Fringie Jester

Hardened Warrior

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:01 pm
Jester25
Shadows-shine
Jester25

I guess... However, that is the first time that I have heard those phrases, since I don't really watch ghost shows or anything like that. But that sounds about right.

Well the residual haunts or energy are just energy that a person left behind in a building or object when they died.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:30 pm
Shadows-shine
Jester25
Shadows-shine
Jester25

Well the residual haunts or energy are just energy that a person left behind in a building or object when they died.

Then yes, I do agree with that.  

Fringie Jester

Hardened Warrior

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:32 pm
@Doll-
I also believe in aliens. I mean, He can't have just made us. With all those other planets, it would be unfair to waste them. : )

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:46 pm
The Bible talks about Heaven and Hell.
Unless Earth is one of these places I highly doubt it.

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:55 pm
Vegeta_Lover239
@Doll-
I also believe in aliens. I mean, He can't have just made us. With all those other planets, it would be unfair to waste them. : )

Who says they are wasted.
All I see is magnificent power and splendor.
Nothing speaks more loudly of God's magnitude and power than the complex and intricacies just inside a single white dwarf.
Whoever says planets and universes are a waste without a "race," has never ventured into the world of Astronomy.

Each planet has it's own intricacies by itself.
I am willing to say even more so that living beings.
We're just but a spec of dust.
Something so dull and pretty much "a waste" compared to anything in the Universe, but even so God makes us grand in his eyes.

We are so special that he was willing to scarify himself for us.
Nothing is a waste when it comes to God.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:35 am
Oh, so many interesting conversations going on in this little thread. I enjoyed reading very much.

I do not believe in Ghosts. At all. I, like you, Shadows-shine, believe that these 'paranormal activities' are caused by Demons. The servant of the Devil try to mess with us, try to place the seed of doubt. If you begin to believe these things, then you are not believing what God has told you. That is messing with your faith.

Now, I don't know if God says somewhere in the Bible that there are no ghosts, but I do know that he said once someone dies, their spirit goes to either Heaven or Hell. Maybe not right away, but there is no staying on Earth. Earth is a completely different realm from this 'Purgatory' or 'Middle Ground' or whatever you prefer to call it. So these spirits cannot be on Earth or in this universe at all.

Concerning 'Residual Energy', I don't believe this exists either. Energy takes the forms of things. Movement, fire, electricity. Energy is not something that we can see, not something that is tangible. We don't know how to describe energy, really. There is no 'raw energy'. Energy does not transfer to other things without a scientific way. I use my energy to pick up this pen. But there is no way that energy alone can pick it up, because I am the tool for the energy. Or rather, energy is my tool. Energy cannot act on its own.

Now, crazy things can happen with Demons, and I think it is them that cause these strange happenings. But energy left from a human's body going into other objects and causing them to do odd things doesn't sound like truth to me. How does the energy travel through the object? Air, possibly? It is late, and my thoughts are rather scatter, so you'll have to excuse me. I, obviously, do not have evidence against Residual Energy, only ideas. If a sixteen year old girl at midnight could figure out what was wrong with the theory in five minutes after reading a vague outline of what it means, then surely none of us would be discussing it--someone else would have already proven it wrong by now. But I really would love to hear how you think this energy actually gets to these objects.

I think part of the human's energy comes out as heat and breath. Their last breath takes energy. Their body is losing its heat even after they die. It takes energy to shut down the body systems, or at least I would think so. It takes energy to do anything, doesn't it?

Or maybe the energy converts into a different kind of energy. Potential energy? I don't know where I'm going with that thought, honestly, or how to say it. I am awfully tired and the illness that I've developed does not allow me to concentrate, so forgive me for being so scattered, again. I'd just like to cause a bit more discussion. Throw ideas around--we can do that, and it exercises the brain.

Hmm... I remember there was something else that I wanted to say, but I can't remember. Oh dear, my mind has already gone and I'm just sixteen. D:

Avioke

Conservative Conversationalist

Le Pale to the Chief

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:22 am
Let me break this down into categories:

Heaven or Hell.
Angels or demons.
Glorified in Gods power, or fallen angels, thrown into the pits.
If Angels are God's messengers sent down to help us, what is Satans tactic and task in this situation? The destroyer and lie of all lies. I wouldn't doubt if a spirit came out of the darkness and pretended to be light, would not be a demon or evil spirit.

Think of Gods convictions and Satans convictions. Would God send something on earth to decieve us? No. Satan. Yes. God is gentle.

I used to believe in ghosts, and that they had different ways of connecting. But if you think about it my friends, contacting the dead is opening the doors to the pits of hell. Why communicate with the dead when we should trust in the Lord to comfort us? He wants us to trust Him. He is coming very soon.  
Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff