Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
I was just told I wasn't a Christian... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cha cha miku

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:54 pm
Gregar828
Some people are just stupid. That guild captain is one of them. Dont listen to stupid people.

Hush your self you are not supposed to hate or have anger pointed at someone.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:03 pm
PhantomHoofbeats
In another Christian guild I was in, I was kicked out by the captain because she said I wasn't a Christian. She told us that there is no purgatory, God has not appeared to us in any way (even through angels) since his ascension into heaven, and the Holy Bible is the only place where God speaks to us. I disagreed with her on all of this and she told me since I believed in it, I wasn't a Christian.

Does that truly not making me a Christian by believing in those things? I don't understand.

I myself don't believe in purgatory but I do believe that God has sent angels down, in the form of humans to help people. (Just like in touched by an angel)
And God communicates with us in many ways. For instance our conscience. I believe when we do something wrong God lets us feel guilt so he can tell us what we did was wrong. And he talks to people through prayers and such.

So whoever told you that you weren't Christian lied. And being a Christian isn't based off of any of that anyway. If you believe in God, the holy spirit and Jesus (as your holy savior) you are a Christian. (At least that's what I learned.)  

Secret_lillies

Desirable Genius

Hidden By Music

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:50 am
I know how you feel, someone saying your not Christian. Because I have a very full schedule, I came late one morning to church. One girl stood up and claimed because I was late to church, I wasn't Christian. I laughed at her because many Christians don't attend church. I came to church to praise God, and though I was late, it does not matter. She continued days after saying I'm not Christian and finding more reasons to back it up. Like, where I lived, my brother and the way he behaved, my friends, and many other things. I then one night prayed to God and asked Him to let her see the errors she made. The next day, she came to me and apologized for how rude she'd been. We are best friends to the day.

So just because someone said you aren't Christian doesn't make it true. You will decide if it's true or not. If you believe that Jesus died for our sins, and God is our Saviour, you are Christian. That is what I believe anyway.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:33 am
Cha cha miku
Gregar828
Some people are just stupid. That guild captain is one of them. Dont listen to stupid people.

Hush your self you are not supposed to hate or have anger pointed at someone.

I'm not saying to hate or be angry at them. I'm saying to ignore them.  

Gregar828

starry night-163

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:24 pm
PhantomHoofbeats
I'm a Catholic and I can't tell you how many Christians will consider me not Christian. You try to disagree and know in your heart it is wrong but the devil knows the places that hurt most.

I guess my mother was right, then... about the dark night of the soul.

If your catholic then your not Christian sorry... it's better someone tells you this now then you finding out later on when you die and go to hell. I say repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ which to believe means more than Just believing the claims of Jesus it means to trust in him and only in him not in anything else, not are faith, not our works, not our repentance for that does not save but only our faith, not in our performance, etc.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:21 pm
starry night-163
PhantomHoofbeats
I'm a Catholic and I can't tell you how many Christians will consider me not Christian. You try to disagree and know in your heart it is wrong but the devil knows the places that hurt most.

If your catholic then your not Christian sorry... it's better someone tells you this now then you finding out later on when you die and go to hell. I say repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ which to believe means more than Just believing the claims of Jesus it means to trust in him and only in him not in anything else, not are faith, not our works, not our repentance for that does not save but only our faith, not in our performance, etc.

See, THIS is one of the idiots you ignore. Are you saying that catholics do NOT believe in jesus with all their hearts? You are so ignorant that it hurts. I'm sorry, I know that this is a christian guild and we must be nice, but slandering someone's religion based on ignorance is something I CANNOT tolerate.  

Gregar828

rosadria

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:25 pm
Christian claims must be compared to the truth of the Bible. If what you believe matches up to what the Bible teaches, fine. If not, throw it out!
In the proper context, I heard a quote by a favorite preacher of mine that is applicable here.

"It doesn't matter what you believe, it only matters what the Bible teaches."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:27 pm
starry night-163
PhantomHoofbeats

Why in the world would you say something like that? How dare you slander there beliefs? Be they Catholic or Christian, they believe that Jesus died for our sins, and is our Saviour.  

Hidden By Music

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Gregar828

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:28 pm
ChristyPanda26
starry night-163
PhantomHoofbeats

Why in the world would you say something like that? How dare you slander there beliefs? Be they Catholic or Christian, they believe that Jesus died for our sins, and is our Saviour.

AMEN!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:08 pm
starry night-163
PhantomHoofbeats

How is being a catholic disqualify some one as being a Christian? Being as the Biblical requirement to be considered a Christian is to accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour and be willing to take His name upon yourself! And last I looked, every catholic I am acquainted with has done that!  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Hidden By Music

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:23 pm
Shadows-shine
starry night-163
PhantomHoofbeats

How is being a catholic disqualify some one as being a Christian? Being as the Biblical requirement to be considered a Christian is to accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour and be willing to take His name upon yourself! And last I looked, every catholic I am acquainted with has done that!

AMEN  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:06 pm
starry night-163
PhantomHoofbeats

Since when was being a Catholic make you not Christian? Does me believing in the Resurrection make me not Christian? Does me believing the God became man, walked among us, and died so we can go to heaven? Am I not Christian because I believe that the mother of Jesus is in Heaven, looking down upon us, loving us; being the mother of Jesus also God because the divinity and humanity of Jesus cannot be separated? Am I not Christian because I believe that the Eucharist is the body, blood, soul and divinity of Christ? Am I not Christian because I believe in the abounding mercy of God, whose love is so great he died for us when we deserved none of it? That Jesus, no matter what happened in your life that he his so merciful that he will forgive you even if you were the one who nailed him to the cross with hatred and lies, sin? In the Bible St. Paul clearly states that faith without works is dead. Somehow I am not Christian because I believe in every single truth of the Bible and the truth it is the divine work of God written by human authors but inspired by him?

You are saying that I don't believe Jesus is God. You are saying that I only believe in everything he says and do not trust him. You have just said everything against yourself. You told me to repent then you said we are not saved by repentance. Only trusting in him saves you? If that is somehow the truth, how could I then go to Hell? God is so much more than that and you know it. The creator of the universe. Faith is believing and trusting in God. If what you said is what you believe, you having nothing. That is coming from me but from a fellow Catholic who read what you said as well. She is the holiest most God fearing woman I know. Trust is a part of faith and faith is believing in his existence. You just said you don't have to believe he exists... just trust that you might go somewhere happy if you die trusting you will.

Does it make you happy knowing that you tore down the very structure of my life... one I gave totally to God because I have nothing else? I serve him at his altar and put my life into his hands and carry my cross for him because he gave me more than I can ever return. Does it make you happy to know the moment you said that you broke my heart so completely through the doubt the devil has put in me that I actually started crying? I don't care if you call me pathetic. Jesus is my entire life and I serve him because he called me to... to stand before his altar and serve him because he loves me so much he would allow me to partake in his Passion and death.  

daddinar

Shy Phantom

daddinar

Shy Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:12 pm
ChristyPanda26
starry night-163
PhantomHoofbeats

God bless, thank you.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:28 pm
Gregar828
starry night-163
PhantomHoofbeats

See, THIS is one of the idiots you ignore. Are you saying that catholics do NOT believe in jesus with all their hearts? You are so ignorant that it hurts. I'm sorry, I know that this is a christian guild and we must be nice, but slandering someone's religion based on ignorance is something I CANNOT tolerate.
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

Calling someone and idiot for any reason is wrong, do not do it. You need to have respect for the people in this guild, their beliefs may be different, they may be misguided on things but that does NOT give you the right to call them an idiot. I've seen you make more than one post with you calling someone an idiot and I will not accept that. Please watch what you say in this guild.

... Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:33 pm
The Bible is very clear on how to get saved.

Romans 10:9-10 "That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."

As long as one's beliefs does not contradict that, then they are saved. I have a Catholic friend. And she's a Christian. Do keep in mind that:

1) You cannot say someone is not a Christian because of different beliefs, as there will always be varying beliefs in just about all areas. One friend will belief this is right, the other will not. As long as they believe the main important thing (Romans 10:9-10) they're saved. I suggest being careful with what you say.

2) It's never a good idea to completely strike down another's religion. That is the WORST witnessing tool ever. People grew up to believe certain things and if you disrepect their believes, how will they respect yours? A few years back, I was foolish and slammed down Catholicism a bit. It was only with 2 people but I'm not at all proud of it. And mother rebuked me and said you don't do that. That's disrespectful and the only thing it will do is take people farther away from Christ.

3) Catholics, Protestants, and other such KINDS of Christians are simly Christians of different denominations. They are Christians but apparently their beliefs may differ in some ways. Does that means they're not Christians? No. It means they're Christians, BUT they believe this group of things.

Personally, I wouldn't say I like the idea of different denominations because we are the body of Christ (I Cor. 12-13, 25, 27) and Jesus wants us to be one as He and the Father are one (John 17:22). Different denominations seem to add more division to Christianity than unification. But I won't say that means they're sinning and I definitely won't say that means they're going to hell.  
Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff