Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
Some very interesting things I learned at church Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

R0bot0

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:01 pm
Someoneiknow
XSK Ambrosia
Someoneiknow
XSK Ambrosia
I was personally taught that Genesis is all Hebrew poetry, and symbolic, and I believe that is the truth. We would be talking somewhat of a fairy tale right now if Genesis were true. At least that's what I believe.

Perhaps, but are you speaking of Genesis as a whole, or just the first few chapters since Genesis goes into geneaology and tells of many things that Jews believe are true.

As a whole. I don't believe at all that the Bible is a history book in ANY way at all.

Not a history book but it has history in it? Is that kind of how you look at it?

Yeah, like that.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:07 pm
i think that there is still alot to learn, but nothing is set in stone, i don't really think there are anymore prophets, but i think that God speaks to us individually when we least expect it. or when we really need it. that when we need help we ask God to show us, even when we don't need help, but the majority do only ask for help when they really need, and people that have been given a vision to aid them isn't being a prophet, and people fake it so that they can get some 15 minutes of fame. so i believe that Jesus is the last prophet and he will return to save us.

like i said everyone has a different view point and different ideas, that doesn't make you wrong, it just means i think differently.  

lifelessdoll_13

Beloved Mage

7,450 Points
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Someoneiknow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:13 pm
lifelessdoll_13
i think that there is still alot to learn, but nothing is set in stone, i don't really think there are anymore prophets, but i think that God speaks to us individually when we least expect it. or when we really need it. that when we need help we ask God to show us, even when we don't need help, but the majority do only ask for help when they really need, and people that have been given a vision to aid them isn't being a prophet, and people fake it so that they can get some 15 minutes of fame. so i believe that Jesus is the last prophet and he will return to save us.

like i said everyone has a different view point and different ideas, that doesn't make you wrong, it just means i think differently.

Fame? Who is Thomas S. Monson if it is fame then?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:22 pm
i don't know who, because i'm not going to be the one to research and stalk people who say they are prophets. its like worshiping humans, and thats wrong.  

lifelessdoll_13

Beloved Mage

7,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200

Someoneiknow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:28 pm
lifelessdoll_13
i don't know who, because i'm not going to be the one to research and stalk people who say they are prophets. its like worshiping humans, and thats wrong.

It's not worship. It's knowing that God speaks to one individual for important decisions that God wants us to know about. If it's just a person who doesn't know anything better that's one thing, but when their fruits speak the truth, that's another.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:29 pm
I find it interesting to note that, of the sixteen Presidents of the LDS Church, all sixteen are considered to be prophets, seers, and revelators of God's will on earth. But only after they become presidents...  

Kyramud

Lonely Phantom

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Someoneiknow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:34 pm
Kyramud
I find it interesting to note that, of the sixteen Presidents of the LDS Church, all sixteen are considered to be prophets, seers, and revelators of God's will on earth. But only after they become presidents...

?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:40 pm
like i said to each their own. you ideas and mine are different, you see that there are more, i see there are none after Jesus, so am i wrong? or right? neither, i think people who take things to tv getting paid a lot more then you would think, and over exaggerates everything, is a fake that embarrasses the rest of the community, and proves how much the human race are like sheep. and where is the proof its like magic tricks, it may look real, but it is fake. i'm not saying that there aren't people that can do wonderful things in the name of God, but i don't want to put my trust in humans, because we are flawed, filled with sins, and lies.  

lifelessdoll_13

Beloved Mage

7,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200

Kyramud

Lonely Phantom

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:03 pm
Someoneiknow
Kyramud

?

Well, most protestants don't believe prophecy (on par with old testament prophets/Jesus) is a gift relegated to modern day believers, but the LDS thinks the opposite. I just found it interesting.
Were they not prophets before they became president, or is it the position that accords them the gift?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:26 pm
Wow it seems my thread started a debate... confused  

starry night-163

Kyramud

Lonely Phantom

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:09 pm
I'm not trying to spark a debate, and if that is where the conversation is going then I apologize. I just figured that if we're talking about biblical things that are interesting, the whole 'Prophets today vs. prophets then' issue is very interesting. I don't know much about it...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:56 pm
Kyramud
I'm not trying to spark a debate, and if that is where the conversation is going then I apologize. I just figured that if we're talking about biblical things that are interesting, the whole 'Prophets today vs. prophets then' issue is very interesting. I don't know much about it...

Oh no! I know your not trying to spark a debate lol I know cuz that's happened to me xd and yes you can talk about such things I don't mind lol I just said that because it sounded like you guys where debating xd  

starry night-163

lifelessdoll_13

Beloved Mage

7,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:58 pm
im tried not to start one. i really did. gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:03 pm
lifelessdoll_13
im tried not to start one. i really did. gonk

I don't mind so no worries mrgreen I was just saying lol I merely found it interesting smile I for one find debates interesting at points sweatdrop  

starry night-163

lifelessdoll_13

Beloved Mage

7,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:12 pm
i find them annoying, but i think thats just because i honestly couldn't care,and try not to get into one, but i don't like people wh try and push it when they know the person wants it to end, its like they are trying to be superior and they aren't. -_- sigh, i have a quote it goes, if you can't do any better don't complain, i use it for my art work. hah hah  
Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff