Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
She keeps bugging me... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:29 pm
On_Fire_4_CHRIST
Oh and they're also talking about being careful not to make others fall. I'm assuming they're referring to I Corinthians chapter 8 there. And VK's quote that faithful showed was a good example. I suggest reading I Corinthians 8 if you haven't. smile

I guess this is a reason why Romans 12:17 tells us to be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. That way, others won't fall.
User Image

Then again people shouldn't be judging either.
If God doesn't see it as a sin then it isn't a sin.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:35 pm
adamlambertsluvr44
Testicular Diabeetus
User Image

If God doesn't have a problem with piercings then other humans shouldn't either.
If you have a problem then mind your own business, we will all be judged in the end.
Her opinion and other opinions does not matter because they are not God.

User Image

I agree with you. People shouldnt hassle you about it. It's unchristian like and If these so called christians have a problem with your piercing then they arent worrying about their own business. smile

I'm not exactly sure your statment "it's unChristian" is valid. If someone believes that something is wrong, it is quite Christ like for them to pull them aside and say "Hey, this action is wrong. I'm telling you this as my family member in Christ and I think you should change this." It is then the other person's job to accept the rebuke (if they were wrong) or give answer as to why they believe what they are doing is not wrong. That's like saying it's unChristian for someone to tell another it's wrong to eat food sacrificed to idols (referring to I Corinthians 8 ). 2 people have differently beliefs. One is not more unChrist-like than the other, they just have different views that they must resepectfuly and gently express.

Galations 6:1 - Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted.

We are told to correct others in wrong doing. So correcting is not unChristlike. The question simply is "Is the action right or wrong?" The 2 people come to a final answer after sharing their views. Simple as that.  

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:37 pm
User Image

But having piercings isn't wrong.

Oh and she ate a pork chop today so I guess i should go tell her that it's a sin to eat pork. =/

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:38 pm
Testicular Diabeetus
On_Fire_4_CHRIST
Oh and they're also talking about being careful not to make others fall. I'm assuming they're referring to I Corinthians chapter 8 there. And VK's quote that faithful showed was a good example. I suggest reading I Corinthians 8 if you haven't. smile

I guess this is a reason why Romans 12:17 tells us to be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. That way, others won't fall.
User Image

Then again people shouldn't be judging either.
If God doesn't see it as a sin then it isn't a sin.

User Image

Well considering the fact that we are told in the Bible that if our actions cause another to fall it's a sin, you can't go around pointing fingers saying "YOU JUDGEMENTAL PEOPLE!" You must be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. If God didn't want to warn us about being careful not to make others fall because of actions we believe/know are right, then He wouldn't have had it in His Word. But He did. I'm not saying piercings are wrong. I'm saying, if you're making others sin because of your piercings, you're wrong and are sinning. Hopefully not confusing...  

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:40 pm
User Image

Then if it sends me to Hell so be it.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:40 pm
Testicular Diabeetus
User Image

But having piercings isn't wrong.

Oh and she ate a pork chop today so I guess i should go tell her that it's a sin to eat pork. =/

User Image

Well God has shown us in His Word that if we cause others to fall with our actions, we sin. So if you call it stupid, you're calling God stupid.  

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

Alice_ofthe_Killjoys

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:41 pm
On_Fire_4_CHRIST
adamlambertsluvr44
Testicular Diabeetus
User Image

If God doesn't have a problem with piercings then other humans shouldn't either.
If you have a problem then mind your own business, we will all be judged in the end.

User Image

I agree with you. People shouldnt hassle you about it. It's unchristian like and If these so called christians have a problem with your piercing then they arent worrying about their own business. smile

I'm not exactly sure your statment "it's unChristian" is valid. If someone believes that something is wrong, it is quite Christ like for them to pull them aside and say "Hey, this action is wrong. I'm telling you this as my family member in Christ and I think you should change this." It is then the other person's job to accept the rebuke (if they were wrong) or give answer as to why they believe what they are doing is not wrong. That's like saying it's unChristian for someone to tell another it's wrong to eat food sacrificed to idols (referring to II Corinthians cool . 2 people have differently beliefs. One is not more unChrist-like than the other, they just have different views that they must resepectfuly and gently express.

Galations 6:1 - Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted.

We are told to correct others in wrong doing. So correcting is not unChristlike. The question simply is "Is the action right or wrong?" The 2 people come to a final answer after sharing their views. Simple as that.

I see what your talking about but I mean the people who say they are Christians then judge other people for what they look like or harass people because how they look are the so called Christians because in the bible is says to "Judge not. and I think the rest is " Or thou shall be judged in the same manner." Or some thing like that.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:43 pm
Testicular Diabeetus
User Image

User Image

We've been saved by grace and forgiven by God. Blashpemy against Holy Spirit is unforgivable, but things like making others fall are sins that can be forgiven. I'm just saying be careful because you may be making someone fall. And if you are making someone fall then it is a sin. The piercing part isn't a sin, the making others fall is a sin. Simple as that.  

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:44 pm
User Image

First of all I'm not ever causing her to fall in her faith.
She is just giving me and my sister a hard time.
And it's annoying.

And plus if I'm moving out why should it matter, she wont see me so....

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:46 pm
adamlambertsluvr44
On_Fire_4_CHRIST
adamlambertsluvr44
Testicular Diabeetus
User Image

User Image

I'm not exactly sure your statment "it's unChristian" is valid. If someone believes that something is wrong, it is quite Christ like for them to pull them aside and say "Hey, this action is wrong. I'm telling you this as my family member in Christ and I think you should change this." It is then the other person's job to accept the rebuke (if they were wrong) or give answer as to why they believe what they are doing is not wrong. That's like saying it's unChristian for someone to tell another it's wrong to eat food sacrificed to idols (referring to II Corinthians cool . 2 people have differently beliefs. One is not more unChrist-like than the other, they just have different views that they must resepectfuly and gently express.

I see what your talking about but I mean the people who say they are Christians then judge other people for what they look like or harass people because how they look are the so called Christians because in the bible is says to "Judge not. and I think the rest is " Or thou shall be judged in the same manner." Or some thing like that.

I understand the judgement part. This is in the beginning of Matthew Chapter 7. Being judgemental is indeed wrong. But you first need to ask "Are they being judgemental, or are they trying to help their friend avoid sin?"  

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:47 pm
Testicular Diabeetus
User Image

First of all I'm not ever causing her to fall in her faith.
She is just giving me and my sister a hard time.
And it's annoying.

And plus if I'm moving out why should it matter, she wont see me so....

User Image

Well then. If you're not causing anyone to sin by having piercings, then you're fine so far as I know.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:47 pm
I'm still on your side Sister.  

Alice_ofthe_Killjoys

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:48 pm
User Image

Alright then.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:50 pm
User Image

I just asked her today if I was causing her to fall in her faith with God because of my piercings.
She said no.

So I'm alright, cool.

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:50 pm
Testicular Diabeetus
User Image

User Image

Anotehr thing in reply to this comment. This may be what the others were talking about. If (circumstance wise) you are so attatched to having piercings that you'd say you'd just go to Hell and be nonchalant about it (*IF* piercings was a sin), that isn't really good...and could possibly interfere with your relationship with God. Again, this is not aimed directly at having piercings.  
Advice ~ because we care

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff