Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
The Owlery Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:12 pm
"Oh," sadness swept over her. "My mother died about two years ago, It was the same week as my ninth birthday."

Her father's words echoed in her brain "Don't you remember your ninth birthday?"

She shook it off. "I miss her horribly. She was the only thing that stood between me and my father.
We would always share our thoughts and feelings with each other, she was my confidant.
When she died, part of me died with her."

She paused.

"I've never talked about it before.
Didn't have anyone to talk to I guess..."

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:42 pm
Tamara "Goldilocks" RadcliffeUser Image

Tamara crossed over to the girl and put her arms around her, wrapping her in a hug. "I'm so sorry. It must have been hell for you. I don't know where I'd be without my mother and I have a wonderful father so I can't even begin to imagine." She tried her best to shield herself from the girl's sadness, but it was seeping into her. She felt tears welling in her eyes. "Listen, Indala, you can talk to me whenever. My door is always open for you."  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:02 pm
Indala had to stop herself from rejecting Tamara's hug.
Rejecting sympathy was the way she defended herself when she felt her emotions starting to run over, but this time something was different.
If the things she had gleaned about Tamara were correct, she would understand her feelings and thoughts about everything better than anyone else.
And setting aside her possible talents, Tammy was a genuine friend, someone who really cared about her.
It had been so long...

The tears gathered at the corners of Indala's eyes and she accepted Tamara's hug and returned it, setting her head on her shoulder.
The numbness she had felt for years cracked.
Silent tears flowed down her face, as feeling finally came rushing back and overtook her usually flawless control.
Had Tamara not been holding her up she would have fallen to the floor.

"He threatened to take control of my thoughts..."
she whispered almost inaudibly.

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:59 pm

She heard what the girl said, even as she could feel the girl crying through her mind. Tears started to emerge from Tamara's eyes as well, and she wiped them away. "Indala, he never could do that. Not as long as I was there to stand in his way. My father would never allow it either. If he tried, my father would bring the full weight of the Auror's department on him."  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:34 pm
"What if no one is there? What if he does, how would anyone know?"
The panic was draining out of her now, and a longing for knowledge was replacing it.
She stepped back from Tamara and looked her in the eyes.
" You have to teach me. Anything. Whatever will help me." She wiped the water off of her face as an owl squawked behind them.
"I'm not sure what I can do for you in return , but I need this. I need to know how to defend myself and others from him. I'll do whatever it takes."

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:09 pm

She held the girl by the shoulders in a comforting hold, and looked her in the face. "As long as you're a Gryffindor, there will always be someone to stand beside you, Indala. We're a tight knit bunch. Besides, I can't have my brother's feelings for you go to waste. Gotta keep you fit and strong." She let her go and turned to look out the window when the girl asked her to teach her defensive spells. Tammy bit her lip. "It's not exactly legal, but what the hell. My dad taught me them before I was legally allowed to cast magic, so it shouldn't be a problem as long as we're here at Hogwarts."  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:58 pm
Indala finished wiping away tears with her sleeve and gave a halfhearted laugh when Tamara spoke about keeping her fit for Will.
"I don't care what's legal anymore...."

After hearing that Tamara was willing to help her learn to defend herself she hugged her.
" Thank you, Tamara. " She let go and looked out of the window down upon Hogwarts's grounds.
"Just so you know, If you ever need someone to talk to I'm here for you as well."

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:23 pm

Tammy smiled and nodded, "I'll keep that in mind. Now, talking about defense, I'd like you to meet up with me in this unused classroom I know about. It's down in the dungeons, so no one will hear us. It used to be a Potions classroom, but one of the other Professors relocated to a less damp room. It'll work for us."  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:20 pm
Indala nodded understanding.
"That sounds like it would work wonderfully.
Do you need me to bring anything?"
She was still in shock that Tamara was willing to go to these lengths to help her.

Father won't know what hit him, she thought a smirk on her face.
Before all of this is over, I intend for you, dear father, to meet Aurthur Radcliffe face-to-face.

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:27 pm

She picked up on the girl's smirk and nodded to herself, hoping that her father would meet Indala's father and lock him up. She nodded again, then said, "Just bring your wand and your brain. We have everything else we already need."  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:51 pm
"Alright, I guess I will see you there later than." She paused before turning to leave.
"Hey, Tamara. Please keep all of that secret. I'd like to talk to Will on my own, if you know what I mean. And, thanks again. For everything."
She walked toward the exit and down the stairs, out of sight.

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:02 pm

She smiled. "Well, I'm the ps..." she stopped herself from admitting to Indala that she was psychic. "Secret keeper," she said and fake coughed, making it seem like she choked on her own saliva. When the girl left, Tamara turned and leaned on the ledge, looking out at the night sky. After a few more moments, she turned and left herself.  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Sissy Suspiria

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:27 pm

User Image

The morning was quiet but peaceful. This being her first time wandering in the castle, Sissy correctly found her way to the Owlery. She had actually asked one of the older Ravenclaws, and it really turned out to be a basic trip; Just follow the steps all the way up the tower and don't get lost. She decided Hogwarts held mercy on her, as this was her real first day in the castle. With her first letter to her best friend, Sissy tied it to one of the school owls.
" Take this letter to my best friend Jane Winthrop, currently residing in Cardiff, South Wales" The owl gazed at Sissy for a moment, it's pure crystal eyes beaming at her face. Suddenly it shook and flew off into the morning sky. Sissy watched it fly away, smiling with hope. "Incredible" she said aloud. With that she turned and hurried off to class.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:26 pm
User Image
╔═══════════════════════════════════════════╗

A d e l e ❝ A die ❞ M a r i e D u n d a s

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

••.•´¯`•.•• ••.•´¯`•.••´`•.••.•´¯`•.•• ••.•´¯`•.••´`•.••.•´¯`•.•• ••.•´¯`•.••´`•.••.•´¯`•.•• ••.•´¯`

~
Adele wrapped her Ravenclaw scarf around her neck as she climbed the stairs leading to the Owlery. Pink rising to her cheeks because of the cool temperature and because of the jog she just took from the Common Room to the Owl Tower, as she liked to call it. She hummed a quiet tune, her pretty voice echoing as she walked to the third floor of the Owlery to pick up her family's owl, Taurus. Clutching books in one hand, the other one holding some drawings of hers, she carefully laced the drawings around the owl's leg, still singing to herself in silence.
She liked to draw. Every Dundas had an activity they loved. Her father, William Dundas, loved fencing, and often trained in France. Her mother, who was working in the Sports department of the Ministry of Magic in London, enjoyed playing Quidditch. John Malcolm was passioned by photography, and Adele simply liked drawing. Her room in London was covered with drawings of landscapes she had drawn in France. She obviously liked to read - hence the pile of books she was carrying under her arm - and play piano, including singing.
Adele took a deep breath as she watched the snow owl flying away in the dying sun, faintly reflected in the water of the Dark Lake. Rearranging her scarf, Adele pulled out Hope, who was sleeping in the pocket of her robe, and placed her on her shoulder, wishing she could go to the Library right now, but it was closed because the new Librarian needed to settle into his new home.
Letting out a small sigh, Adele skipped down the stairs until she accidentally missed a step and fell down. Luckily enough, it was the last step of the circular stairs, so she just fell down on her palms and knees. She urgently stood up and collected her books, cleaning the blood off her knee with the end of her cloak as she made sure that Hope was fine. She heard the grey dormouse squeal, but Hope returned to her ever-lasting nap calmly, as if nothing happened.
"Hope? Are you okay?", Adele frowned softly as she drew her face closer to the dormouse, who sniffled as if signaling her health to the girl, who let out a sigh of relief, "Good."
Adele hummed and leaned against the wall, frowned upon her injured knee. It was only a small scratch, but there was still a little bit of blood on it. The young Ravenclaw shrugged and knelt down to pick up the bookmarks that fell down from her numerous books.

~

ʘut.ʘf.Ͼookies { -plays romantic tune on the violin }

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image
♥Hope♥

••.•´¯`•.••••.•´¯`•.••´`•.••.•´¯`•.••••.•´¯`•.••´`•.••.•´¯`•.••••.•´¯`•.••´`•.••.•´¯`•.••••.•´¯`

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150

tarantaellegra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:31 pm
B l a k e E t h e l w i n e

What am I doing? Freezing my bun off.

Where am I? The Owlery.

What am I thinking? Let's hope that an owl doesn't decide to drop some pebbles on me...

User Image
❝ So you think you can love me and leave me to die? ❞

User Image

{ Out. Of. Chocolate. }

A cool misty breath escaped from Blake's lips, tucking in his Gryffindor scarf to his mouth. His blue green eyes carefully watching the slippery steps of the Owlery. Equipped with a scarf, gloves and a warm cloak, he still felt unprepared for the cold morning. In his hand was a letter to be sent to his parents. A brief summary in which he was insisted to write upon his sister. Even though Alex was more in tune with the nature, the cold air was not a friend of hers so Blake was left to do the dirty work. Rubbing his hands together for some added warmth, the letter tucked beneath his arm, he entered the owlery. There were so many owl droppings in the tower that it resembled one giant candle. But instead of melted wax, it was owl poop. The air inside the tower was as cold as it was outside, maybe even colder. The openings spread throughout the tower spread gusts of air every now and then, sending chills down Blake's spine. Even though a purebred English man, Blake couldn't get accustomed to the dark and gloomy weather in which was set upon Europe ever year. Perhaps it is the fault of his sister. They were split upon the same embryo of course. She must have most likely kept the traits in which kept the majority of their bodies warm in extreme conditions. And yet here he was in the cold morning. Alone.

It being his first time to such a place, he took a small walk around the first floor, completely forgetting the task that he was set upon. So many owls, wether it was real or statues. Despite some being made out of stone, they still penetrated through Blake with those peircing omniscient glaze. Such intellectual looking beings. Yet if only their looks matched their wits. Out of all of the animal kingdom, owls were probably one of the most misjudged on. They did not lack in brains per se but it was like teaching a grown dog how to sit, stay still and roll over when in their entire lives they did not live through such orders.

His soft, sweet voice hummed the Hogwarts school theme song. It had been a favorite chant of his parents as they couldn't get enough of their young, ingenuous lives. Blake had memorized the song by heart, coming a close second to a llulaby or the Montrose Magpies anthem. Thank the heavens he was blessed with a god given voice. If it weren't for that, the twins would have some unhappy campers at weddings in which they so often attended, singing songs to the bride and groom. Apparantly it was more pleasing to the crowd having two siblings, and twins, to be singing a duet. Their voices complementing the other's in perfect harmony.

As the song came to a close, Blake heard something else. No it was not the screaching of the owls nor the sound of talons to metal as they landed inside the towel. It was another voice. A familiar one at that. The letter still tucked beneath his arm, Blake lifted his face to the upper levels of the tower, trying to find the source of the voice. A young blond his age suddenly made her way down the stairs, the usual books and trusted mouse accompanying her. Hiding beneath the stairs, he waited for his chance to surprise her but it turns out that the steps beat him to it, tripping the young Adele to the floor. He chuckled silently and revealed himsellf from his hiding spot. A frown ruined his young handsome face spoting some blood on his friend's knee.
❝Are you alright Adele?❞ While Adele tended to her things, Blake took a look at the small scratch. This is why girl's shouldn't wear skirts... He thought to himself examining the wound. His father had done a healing spell on the twins numerous occasions but at the moment it wouldn't pop up in his head. It wouldn't matter anyway though, a first year wouldn't be capable of doing sixth year magic in his first week of school.

User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Hallways and the Grand Staircase

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas