Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
How to raise a child....that's homosexual? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Phos Omorhpia

Conservative Genius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:08 pm
VK Fox

Just because it says that in the bible doesn't mean anything. I doubt God would send them to Hell just because of their sexual orientation. Why would He give the choice if there only one right choice. I'm not saying that it;s right but I'm not saying it's wrong either.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:15 pm
Phos Omorhpia
VK Fox

Just because it says that in the bible doesn't mean anything. I doubt God would send them to Hell just because of their sexual orientation. Why would He give the choice if there only one right choice. I'm not saying that it;s right but I'm not saying it's wrong either.

Let's apply that logic to other sins.

So what if the Bible says that murder is wrong? I doubt God would send someone to Hell for being who they are.

Why do we believe in Jesus if we can discount what the Bible says? If what it says in one part is wrong, let's throw the entire thing out.  

rosadria

Phos Omorhpia

Conservative Genius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:17 pm
On_Fire_4_CHRIST
kitty of the dark
Phos Omorhpia
On_Fire_4_CHRIST

- Teach them that homosexuality is wrong and that man is made to be with woman, not woman with woman or man with man.
- Treat homosexuality (action wise) as you would any other sin; with punishment.

Hi, Sorry to intrude but even if someone loves someone the same gender God still loves them just as much as you or me. Homosexuality is now a way of life. Just because God didn't intend for a man to love a man or a woman to love a woman doesn't mean it's wrong. Love is Love. And God knows that and he loves everyone one of us even if we sin. They don't have to be punished. Even if my baby was homosexual I'd be fine with that.

FINALLY someone who understands

Sorry but you're wrong there. Yes, God loves everyone. That's why He died for everyone. But guess what? The people He loves that don't accept Christ go to Hell don't they? So you can't use the basis that God loves everyone, because the fact that God loves everyone does not mean He does not judge justly. Secondly, read the Bible and you will find that homosexuality is a sin...well...homosexual actions. An example:

Romans 1:26-27

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relation for unnatrual rones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

Keep in mind that that was from the New Testament, so you cannot use an argument saying that doesn't count anymore. Homosexual ations are wrong, period. Not to be mean but who cares about what people think? What God says in His Word is what matters and His Word says that homosexual actions are sin and teaches us that man was to be with woman. And who can dare to change what God has confirmed? I would not let my child just sin all the time, I would show them what's wrong. Saying "let homosexuality be a lifestyle" is like saying "Let's go ahead and let murdering be a lifestyle" because murdering is a sin just like homosexual actions.

Yes, John 3:16

For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

HOWEVER Luke 13:3

I tell you no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.

God loves you, but that doesn't mean doing homosexual actions is ok. If you're the type of person who says "God loves me so I'll do what I want," how can you look at the God of the universe, your Savior, and decide to disobey Him for your own sinful desires?!? If you don't understand that homosexual actions are sinful and that children should be taught that homosexuality is wrong, then I already have given good reason to show what is true. I used a verse in Romans and there are other ones too.

FIRST of all, God DID NOT die on the cross. Jesus did, his son.I have read the bible (most of it) and just because it says it in that centuries old book doesn't mean God didn't change his mind. Because usually people who are homosexual have instances where, in their childhood,they show that they are this can be developed will in the womb. It seems they don't have a choice. Well they do. But it's love the same gender or die alone. I know many homosexuals that Love God and don't believe they will be punished for it. Honestly just because you don't believe in it doesn't mean everyone else has to.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:22 pm
VK Fox

All I'm saying is some people are being too prejudice. What's next? Going to congress and demanding Gay marriage be banned. But to let you know. This won't stop anyone. It will happen whether you like it or not. and honestly it's not worth arguing over because everyone has his own opinion. so Please don't quote me anymore.

Phos Omorhpia

Conservative Genius

Phos Omorhpia

Conservative Genius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:24 pm
VK Fox
Also. Murder is a choice.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:36 pm
The only thing in life that isn't a choice is your plumbing.

Anyway. I know people are going to do it whether I like it or not. That will happen, obviously, but that doesn't change what it is. Sin is sin is sin. What people want doesn't matter. What people's opinion matters. Sin is sin, God said what He did, because what we want doesn't matter.  

rosadria

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:43 pm
Phos Omorhpia
On_Fire_4_CHRIST
kitty of the dark
Phos Omorhpia
On_Fire_4_CHRIST

- Teach them that homosexuality is wrong and that man is made to be with woman, not woman with woman or man with man.
- Treat homosexuality (action wise) as you would any other sin; with punishment.

Hi, Sorry to intrude but even if someone loves someone the same gender God still loves them just as much as you or me. Homosexuality is now a way of life. Just because God didn't intend for a man to love a man or a woman to love a woman doesn't mean it's wrong. Love is Love. And God knows that and he loves everyone one of us even if we sin. They don't have to be punished. Even if my baby was homosexual I'd be fine with that.

Sorry but you're wrong there. Yes, God loves everyone. That's why He died for everyone. But guess what? The people He loves that don't accept Christ go to Hell don't they? So you can't use the basis that God loves everyone, because the fact that God loves everyone does not mean He does not judge justly. Secondly, read the Bible and you will find that homosexuality is a sin...well...homosexual actions. An example:

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relation for unnatrual rones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

Keep in mind that that was from the New Testament, so you cannot use an argument saying that doesn't count anymore. Homosexual ations are wrong, period. Not to be mean but who cares about what people think? What God says in His Word is what matters and His Word says that homosexual actions are sin and teaches us that man was to be with woman. And who can dare to change what God has confirmed? I would not let my child just sin all the time, I would show them what's wrong. Saying "let homosexuality be a lifestyle" is like saying "Let's go ahead and let murdering be a lifestyle" because murdering is a sin just like homosexual actions.

For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

God loves you, but that doesn't mean doing homosexual actions is ok. If you're the type of person who says "God loves me so I'll do what I want," how can you look at the God of the universe, your Savior, and decide to disobey Him for your own sinful desires?!? If you don't understand that homosexual actions are sinful and that children should be taught that homosexuality is wrong, then I already have given good reason to show what is true. I used a verse in Romans and there are other ones too.

FIRST of all, God DID NOT die on the cross. Jesus did, his son.I have read the bible (most of it) and just because it says it in that centuries old book doesn't mean God didn't change his mind. Because usually people who are homosexual have instances where, in their childhood,they show that they are this can be developed will in the womb. It seems they don't have a choice. Well they do. But it's love the same gender or die alone. I know many homosexuals that Love God and don't believe they will be punished for it. Honestly just because you don't believe in it doesn't mean everyone else has to.

Again, there are errors in your statement. I said God. Not God the Father. God is God the Son, God is God the Holy Sprit, and God is God the Father. Saying That Jesus, God's Son died on the Cross for our sins doesn't change anything in my argument.

Secondly, God never change His mind and never can because once again, He is perfect.

Numbers 23:19

God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should change His mind.

So God did not and cannot change His mind. So both of your arguments collapse.

You say you've read most of the Bible so why are you making arguments that go against it?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:49 pm
Phos Omorhpia
VK Fox

All I'm saying is some people are being too prejudice. What's next? Going to congress and demanding Gay marriage be banned. But to let you know. This won't stop anyone. It will happen whether you like it or not. and honestly it's not worth arguing over because everyone has his own opinion. so Please don't quote me anymore.

Using the logic that we shouldn't rebuke people for committing homosexual actions because they'll still commit them is highly invalid. God knew we would sin against Him, did that stop Him from dying on the cross for our sins (or if you want to get ultra specific, Jesus, who is still God)? Did that stop Paul from sending out all those letters? How about the other apostles? They continued to correct others, knowing that others would continue to do what was wrong. However, some if not many changed their ways to please God.

And gay marriage should be kept banned. Again, God made woman to be with man, not man for man nor woman for woman. And I have given Old Testament and New Testament verses to prove my argument. On the other hand you have none. Try to look at things from God's perspective rather than man's. No one cares about man's opinion anyway. If a man thinks that God is stupid, that's his opinion. Should we believe him? No. A person who thinks that is foolish; and his opinion does not matter. Similarly, a person who goes on doing homosexual actions, not caring that they are a sin even when the Bible shows such a thing, is a foolish; his opinion does not matter.

I Corinthians 1:25

For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.

Again, look at this from God's perspective, not your own.  

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:53 pm
Phos Omorhpia
VK Fox
Also. Murder is a choice.

Your point? Murder is a sin and is punished. Also, homosexual actions are a sin and are punished. There is the whole "due penalty" thing in Romans 1:26-27 which I've shown countless times. When you're fighting against God's Word you are bound to fail because 1) God's Word is infallible, and 2) A Christian's argument comes solely from the Bible (or atleast if they are valid ones). Since homosexual actions are sinful, we cannot be created to act such a way. There has been no scientific proof that people can be born homosexual. However, it doesn't matter. We are sinful from birth. Does that mean we go on sinning? By no means! It is our job to resist temptation. Therefore homosexual actions are still sinful.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:08 pm
Phos Omorhpia
On_Fire_4_CHRIST
kitty of the dark
Phos Omorhpia
On_Fire_4_CHRIST

In addition, it is not only love the same gender or die alone. And as a matter of fact, Paul says that in some circumstances it can be good to die alone (read I Corinthians 7). Do take note that he himself never got married. And neither did Jesus. They both knew they had far more important matters in mind. (And define love, not sex.) If you are a straight up liar, guess what? You have a choice to say "I will tell the truth!" It's not "I can't stop lying so I won't talk at all." It's "I'll trust God to get me through this and repent."

Also, you cannot say that homosexuals love the Lord.

John 14:15

If you love Me, you will obey what I command.

And we all know that what God commands is in His Word.

And yes, just because I believe homosexuality is wrong does not mean everyone else has to. HOWEVER because God says that homosexual actions are wrong (look through His Word and you'll certainly find it multiple times), and He is the Creator of all that is good and that is just, and of the law, we have knowledge of the fact that homosexuality is wrong. So again, your arguments collapse, and homosexuality is wrong.  

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:15 pm
Bioluminescent Sharpies
Shadows-shine
Bioluminescent Sharpies
@ VK Fox: No, my good sir, the issue is in your logic.
God MAKES people just the way they are and with our God being the holy man he is make someone homosexual only to send them to eternal damnation when he loves them enough to send his son to die for us? I think not.

It's long been my opinion that God doesn't create people hetero or homosexual. He just created them and lets them choose their sexual orientation just like He lets man choose every other thing in life.

That is false. If you've ever read or heard anything about homosexuality, either from the mouth of someone who is homosexual or a television show like Oprah it will say that being gay is not a choice. What you're saying could be possible, but when it come to being gay that choice would have to be made when the person in question is about three weeks old, well before the child as a full understanding of anything. And I'll admit it. I'm young and still have much to learn, but homosexuality is something that I am sure is a choice God makes for us.

There is no concrete evidence that can show that being homosexual is an inherited trait. There is no way to prove that there is a "gay gene" yet. And Oprah, in my opinion, isn't a good source to use. She's a talk show host who reports in a manner that will play on people's emotions not logic.

A baby isn't capable of thinking rational thoughts at three weeks old. My daughter is two and I highly doubt she has developed a sexual preference yet. I don't think our sexual preference starts developing until we are older than the infant and toddler years.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:52 am
Phos Omorhpia

and just because it says it in that centuries old book doesn't mean God didn't change his mind.

Holy crap! we're all doomed!
God changes his MIND????!!!!

And @ OP: OMG! you still use Xanga!!!
whee

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100

Kyramud

Lonely Phantom

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:51 am
You know what gets me? In the beginning, God made Adam and Eve. Not Ariel and Eve, or Adam and Steve, or even Adam and Eve and Steve. Why would he set the archetype down as M+F= heart ? What about the other combinations? You know what else gets me? Everyone looks at sin as if it's some hazy idea that you can interpret at your own discretion. But, sin at its most basic is any departure from the will of God. Missing the mark that he set for us.

If He decided that M+F= heart , if His will since the beginning has been for a man and woman to leave their parents and cleave to each other, becoming as one flesh, choosing an alternative to that would be straying from His will (which, by the way, is sin at its most basic form). Phrase it however you like, but it doesn't get any simpler than that.

ON TOPIC: I honestly can't say how I would deal with raising a kid, let alone one that identifies themselves homosexually. But, most likely after a lot of prayer, and consulting my parents for their advice, I'd go on doing the best that I can to be the best parent I can, regardless of the decisions of my children. As has been said previously, you can lead a horse to water, but can't make it drink.

Green_Fuu
Phos Omorhpia

and just because it says it in that centuries old book doesn't mean God didn't change his mind.

Wait, He can do that?! eek  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:44 am
Green_Fuu
Phos Omorhpia

And @ OP: OMG! you still use Xanga!!!
whee

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:15 am
Quote:
just because it says it in that centuries old book doesn't mean God didn't change his mind.

Since everyone else is having fun with that quote, I figure I might as well too. Using the logic that God can change His mind means that you should be very afraid. That means that He can decide to draw back on His cvenant and flood the world again; it means there is no more sounds law (law came from God in the first place); it means that God can just say "I'm tired of these people sinning after the grace I've shown them! So I don't care if they accept my Son or not, I'm tossing them into Hell!." Thankfully, God cannot change His mind.

Numbers 23:19

God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should change His mind. Does He speak and then not act? Does He promise and ot fulfill?

God is not slightly one way and slightly the other. He does not say "Well if you do this, it's not fully sin, so it's ok." He says "Either it's right, or it's wrong. If it's half way, it's not right, so it has to be wrong. I didn't ask for partial following of instructions. I asked for 100%." And He absolutely hates lukewarmness (Revelation 3:15-16). So He did not, cannot, and will not change His mind on His Word. After all:

I Timothy 3:16

All Scripture of God-breathed and is usefull for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness,

So let's see....ALL SCRIPTURE is from God...and God cannot change His mind and never will...hmm...So that means homosexual actions are wrong, as they always were.  
Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff