Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Chat and Plot Zone
[Discussion Open for Family Members] Bardaric Family Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:13 pm
Nukido
Kachie Katti
Yousei Akki
Elf Princess Flannery

Discussion is now open <3 Please take a look at the "things to consider" on the previous page and throw out any ideas that you guys have. I'd like to wait to open this thread to people outside of the family until we've got some concrete plots, unless you think otherwise ^_^

Please also post with either your soq's thumbnail uncert, a link to the uncert, or it's tag with a small blurb or something on the personality of your soq so we can work out their relationships with each other. heart Woo, organization! ;D

A note on "Vinelily Family"~ Yes, she is sad looking, and yes, we can change her name later XP We can discuss any ideas you have for her.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:47 pm
Ishika

Personality: Inquisitive. Thus far I have seen her as very curious. She wants to know about things in general. I've been planning on having her easy to get really focused on things. She's not silly however, just very very..focused XD She get's tunnel vision when she really get's interested in things. For this reason I've gotten her a ferret familiar named Riralla who rides around in the satchel around her neck. Riralla makes certain that Ishika's focus doesn't put her in danger or anything.

• Family name...?
--> I am assuming you mean like a last name right? Hmm. Bardaric?
• Future plots
--> Relocation? Maybe the family is looking for a better place to settle down? A place that has a good selection of mares for their sons to flirt with XD
• Family morals, values, beliefs, etc.
--> I would suggest...supporting of lifemating. Maybe a sort of knowledge seeking background? With encouragement to learn and understand things?
• Relationships with each other
--> Ishika is a really nice girl. I'd like for her to have a sort of hero worship of one of her brothers though. Perhaps as a colt always following them around and wanting to do whatever they do. She's not competitive and I think may have a serious weakness for strawberries? I know she's going to love her parents since they are loving parents as well, though I think I'd need to know more about each before finding out if she takes after one or the other.
• Plots outside the family with the family
--> I don't have anything geared up yet. I do want her to find a life mate though so she can be as good a parent as her own.
• Other things?
--> Nothing at the moment ^_^  

Yousei Akki

Mythical Shapeshifter

15,175 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:56 pm
User Image

This is Bedwyr (bed-i-vere; it's one of those names from King Arthur's time that is spelled funny). <3 Please excuse my page-stretching wall of text. =P

Personality: Bedwyr is a healer, I think. He loves nature and simplicities and complexities it displays, along with its amazing ability to adapt... He loves to help others and is bold in his defense of the meek, and in his loyalty and protection of Lavender and the children, whom he loves as the reason for his existence. If anyone ever hurt them, I'm pretty sure he'd try to fight them and/or teach them a lesson. He is quirky in that he has a... fairly strange and quick kind of sense of humor, though he is always ready with a smile. Um... For now, I think that's it... He's mostly good-natured, and I think would welcome anyone in need into his home if they needed a safe place to stay and/or hide... Oh, and he randomly bursts into song and/or dance just for kicks and giggles XD

• Family name - Well, I've got "Vine-Lily" on the thread, which sort of bothers me because of its basis being on Bedwyr's and Lavender's markings... Too rudimentary. I like Yousei's "Bardaric" more and more everytime I see it <3

• Future Plots - I actually love the idea of a relocation plot; the family needs to be in a place where they can not only interact by themselves and with each other, but where they can be part of a community... I think that the family could support community life well. ^_^
I'm also going to suggest... maybe some upheaval or disruption of their lives, like a sudden and/or unexplained disappearance of a member of the family, after which a search would be launched... But the member would just come back on their own, probably, wondering what everybody was worried about, or something along those lines. XD
Perhaps Bedwyr and Lavender can have spat at some point, causing the family to be uneasy/semi-divided for a while? (This would eventually be remedied, I hope, but it could be a good thing and would add more to their substance; fights happen all the time IRL.)

• Morals, values, beliefs - I love the idea of supporting lifemating, though flings aren't something someone would get disowned for - I think, especially if deception was involved on the other end of the line, the single parent and offspring would be more likely to be sheltered than kicked out.
I have no ideas about beliefs, but I think it'd be cool if they believed in the "Great Mother" - mother nature and her gifts and such... This can be developed further, I guess.
As for morals and values, I'm pretty sure those are the kinda-sorta common sense ones... As this seems to be a mostly loving family, though they're sure to have their issues, I doubt that they'll be twisted or anything that leads them to the temptation of maiming other creatures and leading them on paths of destruction and stuff, especially since Bedwyr's a healer kind of guy.

• Relationships with each other - Loves Lavender. Period. End of story XD Nuki and I still have to talk about how they met and such, but the main point is that he's head over heels for her and will be for the rest of his life, though he may be awkward about showing it.
I think that he will especially dote on Ishika as his only daughter, and perhaps try to train her (but only if she wants to) in the art of healing and the beauty of nature and such. I think that he will especially try to train/teach the boys that nature is a delicate thing, and will (eventually) give them 'the talk' about how they have. to. be nice to mares because they are also delicate, even if they don't seem like it (I'm not sure if she'd like this, but he could use Lavender as an example - she's their mother and will most likely be a figure of strength in their eyes, but she, like most mares, is probably delicate and complex too.). Thus, hopefully they would learn to behave and treat people decently XD

• Plots outside the family - All I've got is for them to find a community of soq to hang out with XP

• Other things - I've got nothin'.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:36 pm
I will post some stuff but my muse has sorta died on me xp when it comes back i will be sure and post some info on the lovely mother!  

Yeonn

Sparkly Vampire

Kachie Katti

6,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Egg Collector 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:08 pm
User Image + Bran:User Image

Bardán - pronounced 'Bar-dawn'. Is a Gaelic name meaning minstrel, poet, or bard. Alternately, means 'lives near the boar's den'. (Why I don't know, but I find one or the other meaning, but prefer the first)

Personality: He's a gentleman at heart. Friendly, polite, and kind. A lover of seeing new sights, music, stories, and the company of others. He adores his family, but tends to not be around as much as he should due to a case of wanderlust which indulges his desires to see and learn new things. Wishes to live up to his namesake and learn how to compose, but hasn't gotten the hang of it and settles for retelling stories and poems he's heard from others.

• Family name - I rather like Yousei's name, or perhaps something from the British Isles, since all the guys in the family have names originating from there. Sorta unconscious theme I think.

• Future plots - Relocation plot sounds good to me, would give some initial direction to the family. And I totally throw Bardán out there for a 'disappearance' since he wanders off so much anyway, perhaps he tends to be back within a certain time frame and ends up taking longer than anticipated. And a message via Bran, his crow, fails cause the bird gets sidetracked. XD Could see it happening. 'Oh, shiny!'

• Family morals, values, beliefs, etc. - Definitely support lifemating, and perhaps accept acting as surrogates. And I kinda like a pagan outlook for them...

• Relationships with each other - Bardán's got a serious case of idolization for his mom... XD Partly because she'd've been the one to teach him to fly. Respect for his dad, protective of his sister... and not sure what his relationship is with his brother yet. Need a better sense of that character first. And this'll get fleshed out more with thought and RP.

• Plots outside the family with the family - Nothing yet. Got some tentative individual RPs for him in the works though. And eventually he'll likely find himself a lifemate and bring her home to visit. Perhaps even friends. He's definitely going to get out there quite a bit.

• Other things - Noting yet.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:13 pm
Okay, so... three votes for Bardaric? If you don't like it or have another idea, feel free to suggest it <3

Anyway, I think Bardán would be awesome for the disappearance plot, especially since it seems to fit very well with his wanderlust... Do Ishika and Bardán actually have familiars as of now? Because that's really fast to get a familiar o.o Cool, though, if they do.

I think the supporting of lifemating seems to be a universal thing, yes? Religion/view wise, I think Bedwyr will definitely believe in Mother Nature... He'd be okay with what everybody else chose to believe, though.  

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

Kachie Katti

6,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Egg Collector 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:36 pm
Haha, I just got super lucky with a custom slot for Bardán. ^.^  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:37 pm
Yay, that's awesome <3

Um... I made a pic of the family and can add in some familiars if you guys want heart

User Image  

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

Yousei Akki

Mythical Shapeshifter

15,175 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:30 am
blaugh I am glad you folks like the last name I picked. It sounded like it might suit the general theme of the family.

I think the disappearance of Bardan suits perfectly. Plus, with the wings, it's far easier for him to just up and vanish without leaving a trace behind.

I rather like the idea of a pagan like religion for the family. Believing in the Great Mother and all seems to really sync with the family values and moral thus far. I know Ishika would embrace such a religion. She would be fascinated in the belief of natural order and such.

I can see her certainly taking to her fathers teachings. Ishika wants to learn a lot of things, and being a healer would appeal to her. She may end up being one of those girly girl types though, all delicate prancing and innocent hopeful views of the world..but I suspect she'd run and hide at the first sign of anything really bad happening.

User ImageAnd I was also extremely lucky with the familiar thing. ^_^' I got a ferret and named him Riralla. He is very playful. He rides around in the satchel hanging around Ishika's neck when she wants to go running around or when he just wants a nap. He's a odd sort. He likes to find shiny stones, berries, and other odd things to show Ishika, then put's them in her satchel to carry around for him. She doesn't have any idea all the things he has her carrying about ^_^' He's also something of a watcher. Since Ishika is a bit more on the innocent side, he keeps an eye out for anything that may threaten her and nudges her away from anything dangerous. Like say...mud holes, thin ice, and away from tall tree's during lightning storms XD She's not stupid, she just fails to realize some things at times.

I love the family photo you made too heart  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 3:53 pm
Sorry I disappeared for almost a month, guys ^^; Life happened. Again. -_-

Another thing I'd like to suggest is maybe that having familiars is seen as sort of a sacred thing to them? Having a partner that you trust so deeply and that has put their trust in you isn't something taken lightly... At least, I think that's how Bedwyr would see it XD

Um... Are there any ideas you'd like to make concrete? Like "Bardaric"? Because I'm all for that ;D

(I'll add familiars to the photo asap <3)

Nukido

Do you have any ideas for how Lavender might affect the family as a whole, or her opinions on things?  

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 6:10 pm
New family pic <3

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:45 am
Well..say like the Son wants to do something but she says No she will be strong willed and her answer will never change she will not waiver back and forth once she says yes or no its best not to argue with her or your in deep trouble.  

Yeonn

Sparkly Vampire

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:55 pm
Okay, so Lavender is very stalwart once she makes up her mind, right?

Erm... any ideas about her and Bedwyr's relationship?

Also, Bedwyr is open for any and all family RP <3  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:47 pm
Nukido
Kachie Katti
Yousei Akki
Elf Princess Flannery

Okay guys, Nuki and I have come to a decision - we aren't going to lifemate Lavender and Bedwyr, after all; neither of us has the muse for it and our plots are just being silly. So they will both still always be around for their kids, and they will still love each other, but not the same way they once did. So with this new development, I hope we can come up with some plots/RP to accommodate?  

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

Yeonn

Sparkly Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:53 am
Yes Maho that sounds much better since it was kinda silly that we had no muse at all for the other plots. I would to Rp then in this new developing plot she could be looking for him missing him and the family and when she finds them she satys for sometime but then leaves again telling them she cant stay but she loves them dearly and if they ever need her all they need to do is seek her out and she wont be far  
Chat and Plot Zone

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff