Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
Vampires and other creatures and God Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Medeus

Eloquent Prophet

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:09 am
I believe in Ghosts. Scripturally there's no reason NOT to believe in them, is there? Plus there is evidence that they exist; ever seen ghost hunters? Freaky stuff sometimes. I don't think all of that is entirely demonic power. But it's an extremely safe assumption to make that if one has died without meeting Christ first, they may just not have anywhere else to go besides the Earth, where Satan is the Prince of the Air. We have no idea where the boundaries of Hell are, so I think it's pompous and arrogant to tell the Ghost-believers that there are no ghosts since nobody actually knows for sure what happens after death, eh?

As far as Truth goes, the majority of people in our culture are simply Hurting. Facing God means they have to dig up that hurt and bitterness, which always stems from bad experiences in the past, OR if they love their lives than the Truth would mean they have to change, and nobody really likes to change their entire lives for the sake of sound Truth. Let's be honest and recognize that facing the truth means facing your condition; it means looking into a mirror where your reflection is as ugly as they come. Nobody is perfect, and everybody knows it. But nobody wants to know that they're dead, and moreover that they Deserve death simply because they aren't alive. How difficult to be a corpse and yearn for a life they cannot have without first acknowledging their death, and accepting life.
The stumbling block isn't accepting Life. The trouble comes when you first have to face your own iniquity, and that is something very few people can face if they don't know how to obtain Life [i.e don't have hope].  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:35 pm
Shadows-shine
Aquatic_blue
Shadows-shine
My guess would be because some people dont like idea of a Surpreme Being that "controls" things. They want hard proof that God exists.

Yeah, that's how it's mostly seen these days. Although, the sad part is they want this "hard proof" but the more you try to give it to them, the dumber they will try to make you sound. Any bit of "proof" a lot of them will deny even though you are simply trying to help, it pushes them to the extent where they just don't want to hear it.
That and they simply start acting stupider.

That is also incredibly true. They think they're sounding smarter by making you sound dumb, when they're really the ones that are acting stupider. It does work that way, oddly.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

LuxFos

9,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:47 pm
Shadows-shine
Aquatic_blue
Shadows-shine
My guess would be because some people dont like idea of a Surpreme Being that "controls" things. They want hard proof that God exists.

Yeah, that's how it's mostly seen these days. Although, the sad part is they want this "hard proof" but the more you try to give it to them, the dumber they will try to make you sound. Any bit of "proof" a lot of them will deny even though you are simply trying to help, it pushes them to the extent where they just don't want to hear it.
That and they simply start acting stupider.

I got blocked like three times at twitter when we try to defend Christians last may 21 [was it?] it's because we knew that it wasn't the end of the world. So people made us look stupid by saying things like "you and your imaginary friend" and "false Bible." So I was like "explain how earth was made and us." The guys answered evolution at that stupid theories. So I might sound rude but I told him that I see the difference between us, I believe that I was created on God's image while he believe that he's an ape descendant so yeah after that he got pissed off and called me p***y and other stuff. It was sad and crazy!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:45 pm
Rednal
Until they stop trying to apply scientific rationality to a being that is inherently beyond comprehension, they might not get very far. ^^;

Or if they'd look for a way to say that both can be true.

You'd be surprised, but there are some neat theories that simply states that evolution was simply how god chose to create, that the '7 days' were metaphorical (don't forget, a day for god is 1,000 years and 1,000 years is like a day for god). Why would god simply limit the time he spent on creation to just 7 days (after all, we all know god could have simply created the universe with just a thought, if that was his will). It takes science, and polishes it so that it does not violate the bible.

The premise of why is simply that we, as fallible humans, have plain and simple been misinterpreting god's word.  

Arcosi Knight

Girl-Crazy Shoujo

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers