Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
BEAT A SHEEP WITH WOOL (or, a Minecraft thread) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I like to...
  Beat sheep with wool!
  Whack pigs with pork-chops!
  Hit cows with leather!
  PUNCH TREES!
  NYAN NYAN NY-NYAN N-NY-NY-NY-NYAN
  Tame wolves!
  Dig holes!
  ....build things?
View Results

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:38 pm
There's nothing quite like experiencing the world alone. One man, one destiny, and a mountain's worth of monsters.

COMING IN SUMMER 2011!!!

I'm doing some kind of tower/bridge project. With a fortress somewhere, probably in the end.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:40 pm
I have begun a large complex that leads out from my house and encompasses at least one dungeon. If I could find a god damn sugar cane I could expand it properly but god it I can't find any  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:28 pm
I play minecraft like crazy! And, as seems to be the concensus, I find servers far more fun than just plain, old single player.

Also, I am ressurecting this thread to show this picture:
User Image

Tae and I made this on my server. He's a Gryffindor.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:01 am
I love the scarf you added! And you fixed his nose. biggrin  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:33 am
Yes, I opened up Paint and worked out how to make the nose not quite so... strange. He's no longer quite so confused, but I added a smile.

The scaffolding is still up, by the by, in case you want to add something else. If not, I'll take it down.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:39 am
I think he's done, haha. He needs a name, though.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:07 pm
Clarence? That was the first thing to come to mind.

EDIT:

I think I'll show off a bit more of my server!

When Rica and I first started on my server, we ended up spawning in completely different areas. My spawn point seems to have been completely random and no one ever spawns there anymore, including me. But because of that, we didn't end up building at spawn. We found the highest point we could, and just built. The first thing we made was a kind of mutual building that we share, which we called the base, until a wonderful typo on my part. We now call it "The Bass". The floor is purple because we love Bassios, and thought it was appropriate.

User Image

Next to it I built a huge tower, which is only one or two blocks away from the very ceiling of the world. There's a floor inside that's exactly level with the cloud layer. I call it the Watch Tower, but mostly we just call it the Tower. And we have a habit of jumping off it when we're bored.

User Image

In the valley below we have a nice little pond, which Rica has framed in cobblestone, and I put a fountain inside. This valley is where we've built all our houses. Rica even made a few basic models for newcomers to the server to claim as their own if they like.

User Image

Rica, Yunie, and I all decided to make our houses tree houses. Yunie and I tried to make ours look like actual trees, so they're not much to look at just in picture form. But Rica's looks like she built a house around her tree, and I quite like the effect. Also in the picture is her green house, and her birch tree farm, which is encased in fences.

User Image

A little ways away is where Yunie made a couple things. One is her igloo, made of blocks of snow on the ice. Yeah, I know, a Canadian with an igloo, who would have thought?

User Image

And then there's Yunie's monster of a farm. This thing is so ridiculously huge. I had to take multiple pictures of it just so you guys can understand how big this thing is. And I lit the entire ceiling. @_@

User Image

User Image

User Image

Also, there's a pine tree farm in the back.

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:32 am
Nothing can beat the terror of single player. It'd be nice to have a give command available though...

But man. Scary stuff. Last I heard, they were adding endermen, too.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:47 pm
There is a mod that you can add that enables the give command (and other options) for single player. biggrin Clicky  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:33 pm
I dun wanna! I play it like it an adventure/horror game where some of the horror comes from falling to my death from beyond the clouds. XD

I'm working on building some stuff in single player and I'll make a video to show what I have so far in a couple days. Should be neato.

I know I still have a pic of what I built at Lazzy's place....

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A pretty good sized... wood... sculpture. 8D  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:59 pm
*facepalms* I should have known it was only a matter of time before you built that, Jaft...

I'm really excited for the 1.8 update! It's been officially unofficially leaked, but not yet released. I hope it's released soon. sad  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:51 am
It's a giant pun. :3 Wood made of wood.

I need to finish certain things before the update! >_> <_<  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:56 am
The new world features won't appear in old worlds, so to get them you have to create a whole new world, and lose all progress you might have made. As far as I know, though, Endermen will still appear, experience orbs, blue spiders, sprinting, far leaping, charging up your bow, etc, will all work even in worlds created before 1.8. But you never know, I suppose.

I'm really looking forward to the Strongholds and abandoned mines. I want to explore them! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:49 pm
That's fine. That world sounds more adventurey and stuff. We should all crash a 1.8 server together and raid. biggrin Or we could be explorers. WHEEEEEE.

I'll keep my old single player one for building, mining and surviving.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:59 pm
I'm hoping to convince my dad to let me use the spare computer downstairs as a minecraft server for 1.8. I had one on a different computer, but that computer got taken away from me because the gaming computer we had died. But now my brother has a laptop, and so we have an extra desktop once more... I'll post it in here if I get permission to do so. If not, I'll still do stuff with my minecraft server, but there will likely be less players. My lappy only seems to like having four players on at a time.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff