View Results

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:37 pm
I just don't think I'm as "random" as the crazy people I know are. The majority of my friends are just your average, nerdy otaku, like me, but then there's those... cray people, who ask how your computer is doing. neutral I do have this habit of thinking in random-relation sequences, but... people do that all the time. It's just thinking about things with similar memories associated to them...

Also, I can't picture you as having ADHD. You seem.... too calm, I suppose? Maybe that's the word I'm looking for, maybe.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:49 pm
Some of my friends have certain traits that occasionally bug me, but the likable traits outweigh the weird ones. If they didn't, they wouldn't be my friends. I assume it's the same with your friends; even if they're a bit "crazy", they must have lots of other qualities, otherwise you wouldn't have befriended them to begin with.

You might be surprised at which Gaians (or people in general) have ADHD or illnesses such as bipolar disorder. A lot become quite good at managing, at least publicly. It can be even easier to do so online. 3nodding I've encountered several people on Gaia who were acting like ********, and tried to use the "it's not my fault, I'm bipolar/have AHDH/Asperger's". It's really irritating, and it does a huge disservice to the vast majority of people with these issues.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:29 pm
BluCatnip
Also, I can't picture you as having ADHD. You seem.... too calm, I suppose? Maybe that's the word I'm looking for, maybe.

Stereotypes like these are very damaging to people who are trying to function with ADHD. We are not all out of our trees. I am "mentally hyperactive" but I am able to regulate that aspect and temper my impulsivity most of the time. Maybe it is because I am an adult. I still have all the classic attention-regulation-related problems, like forgetting where I put my keys ten thousand times more frequently than the average person, completely failing at task analysis (knowing what steps are involved in a task and how long each step will take), can't sit through an episode of ANYTHING without having something else to do at the same time, fidgeting constantly, hyperfocusing, making careless mistakes to a degree much more severe than the average person (which has cost me jobs, relationships, and MANY many marks when I was in school, and which makes me scared to drive if I am off my meds), making procrastination look like an art form (another career-limiting move) failing utterly at keeping up with housework, etc.

I also try to read through all of my posts several times before hitting the 'Submit' button, because I know that sometimes I just go off on people without really thinking about the consequences. This is part of being a responsible member of an online community, and also 'how to avoid being a troll'.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:19 am
What I meant was, you seem to have a good hold on your ADHD, and you jsut proved that to me by writing that. A good friend of mine has it, and he just goes with it, acting up and completely ignoring the consequences. You on the other hand try to organize your thoughts in a good enough manner that people would never realize you even have ADHD. Get it? wink My friend is a bit.... troublesome, in that he's always compelled to blow up on people for nothing, and he lies like a dog, and he's always too stubborn But what you just said you do is completely differant, and it greatly releives me. 3nodding

(also, out of our trees...? I've never heard that one before. Sounds like a good phrase to use)  

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

ennaelatan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:23 pm
People won't abandon their delusions (if they're real) until they can work through whatever it is that keeps them clinging to it. I've dated 2 separate men who were convinced they were angels. I'm not even kidding. They were completely convinced that they were angels sent here to help the world because it's going to end. And they didn't even know each other, still don't. One of them thought he was an angel hundreds of years old who was sent to be my guardian. He even explained how his shoulder blades stick out a lot on his back because that's where his wings were supposed to be. That's an insane delusion. The other believed he was sent from Heaven to fix the world. For the time I was with them, I enabled them to believe what they wanted, even fed into the delusions, because I didn't want to be alone. Crazy people will continue to be crazy until they don't want to be. As for you, you don't sound crazy. Being eccentric and being crazy are two very different things.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:35 pm
Hah, well thank you for that. smile Hopefully the angel-boys will chill, before they get hurt, right?  

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:32 pm
I'm crazy in the sense that I know my dreams are reminding me of lessons learned or the worries I have stored away.

They tell me things in impossible ways.

cool  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:07 pm
Blu: I'm just glad they understand that they can't fly.

Jaft: Then you should obviously be making tons of money being a professional dream interpreter for all of those whose dreams don't tell them things in impossible ways.  

ennaelatan

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:18 pm
:O Now that's some thing to think of. I just need a college that offers that as a major.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:43 pm
Or you could be the dream doctor?  

ennaelatan

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:50 pm
Well, I wish I could be a proffesional ninja. I keep disappearing right in front of people. XD  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff