Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Knockturn Alley
The Spiny Serpent [Closed ~ Not Hiring] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:13 am
User Image

alfons marcus flint
head potioneer of the most extraordinary society of potioneers

User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image

- - A brow raised itself high on Alfons' face at the prospect of the Nott ever being worried for his well being - whether it was a lie or not.
"I think I have the wine down, don't you? Now, if only Krina would give me word of... of well anything," he began, finally moving slightly further from the flames and closer to another cushioned chair, "then i could check that off your adventure list as well."

Plopping down unceremoniously into the stuffed material, he felt himself spring up slightly with the springs. Crossing his arms and legs again, however, he also returned his gaze to the fire.
"The only rut I find myself in is how often i have to calm a potion from over boiling. Most of my potioneers are useless nowadays."
- -

User Image
yew || the flint estate || office

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:22 am
That's why I slipped out the back before you knew I was there
And I know the way I left wasn't fair

I didn't want to be around just to bring you down

Remington Jagger Nott

User Image

"Meh," Remington could only responed with a casual roll of his head and rise of his shoulders, because it didn't truly matter how much wine was ever partaken with, it's the events that unfold that counts. But noting how Alfons had spent that endeavor wandering Knockturn Alley, and then his very shop- well- it didn't tale a genius to connect those pieces.

"I'm sorry, did I say intrepid wife? Could have sworn I said 'pretty little lady,' Remington couldn't help but notice how his good humor was still apparently lost with him.

"You can't say that's its a surprise, help isn't what it used to be, in fact, nothing is as it once was.......

"You know, it's not too late for a divorce..."
Remington mentioned with a callous breath, but his attention seemed far too preoccupied on a speck of dust on the ceiling then on Alfons. He didn't quite fancy the idea of ever offering assistance, but if being with the man otherwise entailed this?

Remington would sooner chose to dig his own grave.

╔══════════════╗
Thoughts: '...'
╚══════════════╝

I'm not a hero but don't think I didn't care

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:37 am
User Image

alfons marcus flint

User Image
User Image

- - He chuckled at the comparison, mask lowering more and more as they further dove into the conversation and the alcohol could finally show its true manipulation.
"I divorced Krina?" He was about to laugh but he seized his lungs in midbreath and collected himself. He was slowly slipping apart because of the toxin in his system. The mask regained some height and he corrected the route he was taking, "Sure, that is always an option."
His wife was not a topic he enjoyed discussing when he was himself. When intoxicated, however, he was almost ready to go on and on about her. Remington would have had his head if he had not stopped himself from it.
Alfons took a sort of relaxed breath and finally peered into those stunning golden eyes and asked the question the man himself had raised into the air to be touched upon, "And what had changed in the dark world of the underground?"
- -

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:52 am

Remington Jagger Nott

User Image

With a generous tilt of his head, the c**k of a brow, and the muse of smirk, Remington was clearly enjoying himself. An easy-going, lethargic stare sat within his predatorial gaze, like a cat toying with a mouse...

Or a cat toying with a dog.

In these drunken states of stupor, one could never be too sure, or too careful for that matter. So instead of sending much thought or question into any of this, Remington continued on with a simple enough laugh- though in all reality the depth if his treason mirrored the haunting melody of his laughter, if, it could ever be found. "Oh, you know how the streets always talk, Alfons...

"Murmurs here, whispers there, actually, there has been quite a debate on the shift of power as of late...."
Remingtons voice had trailed off, just as his mind had done. The intensity of his leer had been redirected towards the fireplace for an opportune moment, before the attention veered directly to Alfons. "I can't say that any of it is any truer than your broken marriage- or my bloody inablitity to keep this filthy hobble of a shop clean- blast it all- anyway,

"Theres seems to be tiny alliances being formed across, or rather, gangs fighting for power, nothing too serious, oh, how everything's dreadfully dull now that the reign of Death Eaters have come and gone."

╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:22 am
User Image

alfons marcus flint

User Image
User Image

- - whatever dark, deep secrets lay in Remington, Alfons was not perceptive enough to find them. Not fully, fragments perhaps. But it was not his state that held him from observing what was possibly there - is was the fact it was almost always there. Can't see something out of the ordinary when you believe it to be ordinary.
What caught his attention though, to the point everything returned to focus and his mind cleared of any fog as his head turned swiftly around to stare at the Nott, was the clear-as-day words.
He stared hard at the man, feeling the message he had just spoken almost tangibly pushing them apart, creating a hot friction.
There was muttering, Alfons knew it. He often heard it even. Noticed it in a glimpse. The rumors and stories passed around for fun about his wife's lack of attendance in reality, of her distant travels, her choice of isolation. HAving gone missing.
Leaving her poor dear husband back at home to do the cleaning.

The rumors were fine and common. The Flint would have been surprised if, after a year of her taking leave, they had not sprouted up. They even served to amuse him at time.
But if Remington spoke of it - with that tone of knowing and that glint of his golden eyes, the streets talk, Alfons, - that meant there was something more.
something he knew.
And from Alfons' position now. In the chair, by the fire, surrounded by the artifacts with those golden eyes set on him so piercingly. It felt like everyone knew more than he did.

The moment of dark, dusty silence stretched as they stared hard at each other. But before long, before the elastic snapped back, Alfons spoke quickly, "You are not the right person to be drunk around." That familiar smirk returned to the Flint's lips as he spoke. Mask up again, secured safely.

- -

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:46 am

Remington Jagger Nott

User Image

The nobleman appeared insulted; an incredulous stare chiseled itself amongst sharply pointed features seemingly gone slack with feign surprise, but in all reality was as tense as the relationship between the two ghastly beings. A knowing look had been exchanged, and granted Remington never was a man to relinquish his cards, he had to admit, he was surprised that Alfons ever even saw it coming.

"I," he hastily interjected, "-am the best person to be around when drunk
.... so long as I'm drunk as well," A cryptic chuckle lulled past his lips with ease, the sort of laughter that anyone could ever picture while choking upon their last few gasps of breath.

And it always sounded like that, as if everyone everywhere was only a few mere seconds from dying, and he the cause. It was a wonder how he hadn't found himself imprisoned behind the bars of Azkaban, but everyone has a price....

Even though the very presence of this sinister man could send chilled fingertips haunting down one's spine, he almost seemed sincere. Remington inclined forward with a thoughtful gaze encompassed on his fusion of golds and green as he then proceeded to rest his arms against the grand wooden oak desk with his fingers interlaced amongst one another.

But when had Remington ever been sincere?

"Alfons, I'm not going to be coy; word of mouth moves quickly and so can the opinion of your house. I mean, for Circe's sake, that wife of yours knows too much- who knows what sort of scheme she could hatch- against you- against us." Remington stressed, finally, the truth shines through.

"I thought you said you could handle her if she ever became a problem... and, well mate, she's a problem."

╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Pathological Kisser

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:08 pm
User ImageThe great bird flew out from the cottage buried in the brambles of the forest and soared back towards London. Snapping his beak as he saw a field mouse scurrying through a pile of logs below, he stayed his course and flew on. London was a mess of streets and factories with roads and rail, but none of that caught the owls eye. Flying through the enchantments that protected the magical market streets, he swooped down over Diagon Alley, veering in the air to drop down to the lower street of Knockturn Alley.

Fluttering his wings, he slowed his swoop as he flapped softly through the still open window of The Spiny Serpent and came to rest on the ledge of a bookshelf, squawking insistently and biting at his ankle bearing the letter. When he was appeased, his taloned foot reached out so that the letter could be removed. It was a rolled bit of parchment, ragged on the edges, and tied with a red silk ribbon that was warm to the touch and smelled faintly of spiced plums and warm flesh.

Quote:
Handsome Stranger,

Keep your wand in your pocket and your name on your lips, don’t worry that when I want something I’ll take it for myself. But your firewhiskey I will partake in upon invitation. I’ll be in London this evening, meet me in the Leaky Cauldron at 8 o’clock if you still dare.

Murdoch

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:12 pm
User Image

alfons marcus flint

User Image
User Image

- - Pure surprise sparkled in Alfons' dark eyes. He almost began decoding the words coming from the other man on instinct - searching for that hidden meaning and working through the lurches and dead ends of the sentences. But there was no need. Remington was being straightforward.
Alfons could not do anything but sit, in the cushioned seat, for a moment with a dumbstruck expression.
It seemed like the voice and words did not even belong to Remington, he was never straightforward. Word games were his forte, they were his working skill.
Finally, after a very stretched few seconds, the Flint blinked by his astonishment and replaced the glow of his eyes with that of a spark of determination.

"You know what she is up to."
The swindler in front of him did know more. There were probably quite a few others in the circle of the ancient families of old that knew more than Alfons himself.
This was just like Krina, he thought bitterly, leaving me to discover everything on my own. Leaving me completely in the dark.

But even with that understanding, his gut wrenched with a feeling of foolishness. He had hoped he would have been observant and practiced enough to find the signs of any of Krina's work dripping into the air. It seemed he wasn't, from Nott's words, something had been boiling for quite some time.

"Tell me."
Just as he had uttered the words, a thought presented itself in his mind and his face fell.
He clenched his teeth at the idea. and instantly returned his mask onto himself, hoping that whatever glimpse Remington might have caught he would give it little notice.
It wasn't like he knew, anyway.

- -

User Image

User Image

Pale Mist

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:35 pm

Remington Jagger Nott

User Image

The snake of a man remained silent, allowing the information to settle over the shock that he was sure was being hidden, maybe pain? Humiliation? Perhaps Flint honestly didn't care anymore? That didn't mean he could suddenly stop, however, that was the downfall of being tied to ancient and noble houses. Nothing was ever as it seemed, and more over, nothing could ever even be seen, including this fiasco. His lips had all but began to tighten when the tension in the room suddenly thickened-

It suddenly felt so hard to breathe.

To be honest, Remington and Alfons had never truly got along, but it was their differences that in the end brought them together- well- that and the fact that if he so refused then death would surely be imminent.for them both. And Remington could not say this for his estranged companion, but he enjoyed living.

Before Alfons had decidedly retorted, a familiar swish of wind penetrated through the otherwise dingy room. The familiar regal statuesque of his brothers dear bird screeched a hoot to alert its presence, and then hastily snapped at the restraint upon its leg. "Bloody owls," he murmured darkly, and withdrew his wand to conjure a morsel for the bird before he sent it off on its way. It hooted merrily, but remained perched in it's spot with its eyes already drooping to a close.

When his massive fingers seized the scroll, he donned a brilliant smirk to mirror the surprise in his heart- or was it his pants? A richly spiced charm almost made him wonder if he'd unfold Murdoch right from under the folds of parchment...

And was obviously disappointed to find she wasn't going to appear for him, just yet. Having forgotten Flint for the moment, a dangerous smile lurked upturned the corner of his lips as he slithered back to his seat. After feeling the intensity of wanton death, Remington suddenly remembered Alfons with a sheepish smirk.

"Alfons, everyone thinks they know what she's up too, but I don't even think she knows what she's up to, but the last thing we need is a little something to happen along and coerce that harlot of her secrets.

"I told you not to marry her, didn't I? I told you, but you never listen to me,"
Remington praddled, but his eyes remained transfixed on the unrolled parchment loosely held in his hands. "She's too quiet, too smart for her own good, I told you, but you were too good for those songbird witches, you just had to have something exotic...

"You never want to listen to me until it's too late. Look, I suggest you find her, give her the world, and keep her quiet-

"Or be done with her and kill her."
Remington finished just as casually as he fished around his desk for a quill and empty parchment to reply to the lovely lady of the dueling range.

╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:04 pm
User Image

alfons marcus flint

User Image
User Image

- - The large bird had swept in while he had been previously speaking, but it was only when the Nott had addressed it with his distasteful tone and wry smirk that Alfons regarded it.
He set critical eyes on the man as he waited to be told anything the other knew about his wife. As the man read, Alfons also read into his face and thoughts that painted themselves on his face.
Normally, he would pry and rip at the knowledge of who the sender was and what was being schemed, but he sat frozen with patience and anxiety and what the Nott's words might tell him.

"And who is everyone? Your underlings?" he inquired after a moment of thought when Remington again addressed him.
Alfons knew the Ministry wizards had long lost interest in Krina. Regardless of her past and actions and sins against them, they knew too little and were oblivious to her. Marking her as missing, to Alfons' pleasure. They knew not what she was capable of and what her twisted mind could create. Even in the peek of her days under the sky bleeding with dark magic, they still had only ever had a glimpse of the potential she held.
She hid it, she was wise enough to. Foreseeing enough to.
But when around the familiar company of her fellow Dark wizards and ghouls, she would never keep her minimalistic mask; she boasted and carried on and showed her capabilities. She was the gem of the Rosier Family, after all. Demon Witch.
The only people who knew of her true powers and how to spot them were the scoundrels that lurked in Knockturn and in the prestigious blood-mastery families.

If he was going to size up what she was up to, he needed to know who knew of her. Who was aware that she was up to something.

"Fortunately, there will never quite come a day when I trust your full judgment. Even when you warned me of her, I knew you too had your eyes locked on her. She was a fine young lady after all." Perhaps he had even had a taste, knowing Krina.

"Finding her will do us no good. A pointless waste of time. We need to learn what she is planning." His eyes suddenly became dark as they fell hard on Remington again, "if she is planning."

- -

User Image

User Image

Pale Mist

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:32 pm
User Image
User Image

I might just be the last thing you ever see....

The door flew open with a sudden loud bang, A dark hooded figure stood in the doorway. A wand drawn lead the way through the doorway as bright blue eyes scanned the scene. "Hmm seems my journey was cut short, I found to of the many I seek" said a deep voice as the wand was lowered slightly. Now to get some followers the young Dark Lord thought. "Greetings men. I have been searching for you, Remington Jagger Nott and you, Alfons Marcus Flint." he looked about the room once more and closed the door. Lowering his hood appeared the face of a 17 year old dark wizard. One who has already wanted in Germany. And Missing for 4 years in England. Justin Phelps looked between the two he had search across London for.

So do me a favor and scream for me.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:38 pm
User Image

alfons marcus flint

User Image
User Image

- - The bang of the door made Alfons jump up in a rush and a surge of instinctive adrenaline. Whirling around, wand again produced as if from the air, he pointed it at the hooded figure that had made itself present.
Stranding straight and wand arm pointed strongly, he watched, as if slowed time, as the figure lowered their cloak.
The face under it was quickly recognized by Alfons as he saw the young man through ministry-trained eyes.
"Germany's Third Least Desirable? A pleasure."

- -

User Image

User Image

Pale Mist

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:39 pm

Remington Jagger Nott

User Image

With a new roll of parchment successfully sprawled out before him, Remington lifted the auspicious gaze of gold to settle upon the man opposite him. A brow had been cocked to the heights of his forehead and he shook his head slowly. To be honest, this shouldn't have pained him as much as it did but none of that would ever become apparent on his feature. That much he could hide- especially with the tease of fun nestled under his fingers. However, he found he hadn't a clue what to even say to her.

"As much as I would love to say yes, Flint, everyone just so happens to pertain to everyone who's claimed to have lied under her in the past several weeks. That woman is everywhere and no where at the same time-

"It's bloody ridiculous if you ask me."
Finally, a few simple words had been scribbled on the parchment which he rolled with haste, and hadn't bothered to offer any sort of signature. Plain and simple, he attached the parchment to the sleeping bird and jested for it to wake from its slumber. "Damned thing, wake up, bring that to Murdoch, now and then you'll get your sleep," With a huff, the owl flapped its wings and lifted into the air.

Gods, how he had always hated those birds- ever since he was but a boy, and had been plucked from the earth by a ravaging owl.

"Off with you, now." Remington slithered to close the window shut before he directed his attention to Alfons.

"I should say your right, Flint. She is planning something, I hadn't been able to reach any of my contacts from London in in a few days, a few weeks in Birmingham, hell, my contacts in Manchester are all dead." Remington finally heaved with an exasperated tone, slumping down into his chair finally allowing his doubts to cast a visible wear on his handsome features.

"All of them, every single one of them was murdered in cold blood-

"With her lipstick on their necks-"
Remington's voice suddenly screeched to an abrupt halt as the door flew open and in slid a man who had tainted wanted posters for some time now. The name, however, somehow lied forgotten on his tongue. A knowing look was sent upon Alfons before he turned to greet Justin with a rigid posture.

"Good day, sir," that sinister and whimsical charm never far from his lips as a look of feigned innocence befell his features to mash his insecurity. "Is there something I can help you with?"

(((For sheer laziness of not wanting to rewrite my post, it's a bit out of order with yalls considering I took my time, so, sorry about that. xDD)))
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:56 pm
User Image
User Image

I might just be the last thing you ever see....

With a chuckle Justin nodded, "Is that what they call me now? Third Least Desirable. It seems I have more respect then when I have last heard" he laughed darkly. "But No matter, My time in Germany is done, I have come home to heal this country now. The mudbloods that poisen it need to be removed, much like I did in Germany I will purify the Wizarding World of the thieves of magic." He said as his eyes locked upon the two before him. "For that I will need some assistance. I believe you two may benefit from here. I will ensure anything you desire, if you assist me." he said. The words flowed smoothly from his lips as he calmly discussed him bringing war to the current world.

So do me a favor and scream for me.

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:07 pm
User Image

alfons marcus flint

User Image
User Image

- - The new visitor had spared the flash of sorrow that would have pierced Alfons' eyes for just a second at the mention of his wife's pastime.
For year he had known she had spent her time in the beds and on the lips of others - he might have even known it the day after their wedding - but whatever part of him was still human still cared. And so, still suppressed it.

Alfons lowered his arm only slightly, wand still point at the blue-eyed boy's throat as his lips twisted in a very dark smirk.
"With all the killing and purging you have done, I do not understand why you are not Most Undesirable. A poor choice on the judges' part." A sigh escaped him and he continued, eyeing the cloaked figure, knowing the situation he was in all too well.
"Your thoughtful words aside, I don't think you are offering us much choice."

- -

User Image

User Image

Knockturn Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items