Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Remington's Private Island Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:39 am
Slip out the back before they know you were there
and at the worst you'll see nobody cares,
you don't want to be around when it all goes down...

User Image
William Dante Nott the Third

”But,” the low, British tenor voice of the heir of Nott mused as his tongue clicked over gleaming sharpened teeth. ”My father said that the ministry kept close watch on underage use of magic—the trace spell?”

Across from the boy with auburn gold hair, rounded cheeks, and broad shoulders towering at a measly height of several scarce inches past the five foot, the thin and lean man with consistent stubble marring his chiseled jaw had only offered a quaint, and, less than polite, laugh. Dark molten eyes wrought of mossy gold had targeted the ferocity of his stare upon his only nephew. ”Your father may have told you the truth of it, Tay, but not the whole truth.

“The trace, as it is, is primarily targeted to effect those between the ages of eleven, and seventeen; primarily, you. In any case, all the spell can actually do is determine, when, where, and what spell was used, but not by whom. Keeping that in mind, if I were to cast a spell around you, the trace would pick up on it, but since you are in the presence of a magical home, the ministry dogs can do nothing more but assume it was in fact, me.

“The trace truly is made for the Statute of Secrecy, and therefore, truly only comes into affect when an underage wizard performs magic in a bleedin’ muggle society. Truly, your father aiming to be Wizengamot judge, you’d think you’d know this.”

”I know-!” Tay had all but retorted, his gaze narrowing to thin slits by the moment. ”Now are you going to help me train? Or not?”

”Wands at the ready—go!”

User Image User Image User Image
..even heroes know when to be scared.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:54 pm

User Image

Seventh Year, Slytherin Prefect

"This was my grandmother's house..." he announced once they pulled to dock. There were too many barriers and wards guarding the house, it was the safest place he knew, besides home, and he had to apparate onto his uncles boat to get there.

"My uncle owns the house now... the cursebreaking professor, but he went back to his flat over his shop down on Knockturn Alley-- he resigned his teaching post this year." He explained as he waved his wand to tie off the boat. "How are you feeling?"

╔══════════════╗
Callous
╚══════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:08 pm
With a thousand lies
Tell me all your plans and I'll laugh back in your face

And a good disguise
Preach me your religion if you're dumb enough to pray

Hit ‘em right between the eyes
Look what I became, honey

§ ··¤(` ×[¤ i¢h ¢αʇiא ¤]× ´)¤·· §

Wearing

ஆ৳»§lytherinஆ৳»קurebloodஆ৳»Ŧhird Yearஆ৳»

User Image User Image
Michelle looked up at the house on the island. It was a lovely house. She rose to her feet still a bit dizzy and shrugged when Tay asked her how she was feeling. "Like I almost died." She answered with a smirk. It was true but she was feeling better than before, she just couldn't seem to stop being dizzy. Sure she'd lost a lot of blood but really, this dizziness was getting on her nerves. "It's a lovely place Tay." She said.
User Image
OOC:...

Love interest: No One

When you walk away
What is it I'm after

Nothing more to say
Searching for disaster

See the lightning in your eyes
Watching my whole life flash in front of my eyes

See ‘em running for their lives
Dressed up as a life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:54 am

User Image

He nodded in thanks, the silence filled with slapping waves crashing on white washed rocks, and birds singing above them. He never said a word as he motioned for her to follow him up the deck and atop the angled cliff the house rested on. Green grass rolled fresh and damp with morning dew, flowers lined the house, and a hammock swung gently in the breeze between two trees. "You should rest," he explained, a gentle hand guided to the hammock for her to relax while his wand arm swiftly waved mahogany in the air with ease and conjuring a chair to appear with a pop beside him. A gruff of air slipped past his lips as he collapsed onto the chair under him.

"I never had the chance to ask you, how are you faring against Montague? He hasn't bothered you or your friends again too much, has he?" He asked, even if he knew the answer. Montague suffered a loss, he hadn't been in any mood of any sort for the year... The bloody prat.

"Those friends of yours.." Tay paused, a smirk weaving on his lips. "They don't like me much, do they?" He had to resist the laugh, neither of those girls that chastised him knew who he was, or what he was to this world. No one knew just how much closer they had come to dying if he hadn't reflected all of those curses, absorbed all of those blows, and warded off all of the black conjured magic. While others bravely fought.... he stood in their shadow, protecting them....

Where Ronyo should have been...

╔══════════════╗
Callous
╚══════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:24 am
With a thousand lies

And a good disguise

Wearing

User Image User Image
Michelle followed him up the slope. When he moved her to a hammock, she gratefully laid down on it and curled up on her side, looking at him curiously. When he asked about Dominic she shrugged and shook her head. "He was gone for a lot of the year and when he was back, he didn't have the mind to bother me." She answered. As long as he wasn't bothering Ada she didn't care what he did with his life. Michelle smiled at his second question.

"Very few people like you much Tay." She said. Most of the people she had ever spoken to never had good things to say about Tay, Ronyo was one of the few people who did. Gracie thought he was strange, her sisters feared him and always told Michelle she should stay away, but Michelle didn't care what they said. He didn't scare her, and had never done anything to make her think bad of him. He had protected her and even saved her. He always seemed to appear when she needed him.
User Image

When you walk away
What is it I'm after

Nothing more to say
Searching for disaster

Dressed up as a life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:51 am

User Image

"Hn," he had all but chuckled under his breath at her retort, gold eyes casting a solemn reflection across the glossy waters surrounding them. "I suppose you're right, aren't you?" His deep, nefarious voice growled, a strain still pierced his throat.

"I can't imagine why," he grinned sarcastically. Rolling his shoulders, he crossed his arms behind his head casually. "What about you? You seem.... socially adjusted.." he paused again, his gaze lingering towards her, clashing against static silver eyes and the fire that burned inside.

"How do you do it?" He found the question had slipped past his tongue before he ever even noticed and only a glimmer of surprise had flashed in his eyes while he waited for an answer.

╔══════════════╗
Callous
╚══════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:22 am
With a thousand lies

And a good disguise

Wearing

User Image User Image
Michelle smiled at his sarcastic grin. "You know perfectly well why." She said, rolling her eyes at him. "Me? Socially adjusted? I think that's the farthest thing from describing me." She answered, grey eyes staring at him curiously. She smirked. "People either are fooled by me or don't bother me." She shrugged and pulled her knees up to her chest, wrapping her arms around them, still watching him.
User Image

When you walk away
What is it I'm after

Nothing more to say
Searching for disaster

Dressed up as a life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:01 am

User Image

"Ah, so you say," he chuckled darkly under the slow rising sun. "Sure, you're not the bloody same as everyone, by far, but.." and this was where he paused, that creeping, malicious smile vanishing slowly from his lips while he stopped to stare out at the sun. I've said too much...

"But you have friends," he drawled on after a long pause, "And that's what counts." But he only shrugged it off, a bit unnerved at the thought of such topic.

"Anyway, I can't believe this happened. Merlins sake, vampires and werewolves... " And Zane Acacia was now one of them. Gold eyes shifted toward her. "Your mates are lucky they didn't get themselves killed."

╔══════════════╗
Callous
╚══════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:15 am
With a thousand lies

And a good disguise

Wearing

User Image User Image
Michelle chewed her lips thinking about it. "I've got Ada." She said. Everyone else.. they were just people she talked to when she had too or when they spoke to her. She licked her lips and looked up at him. "And you..." She trailed off and shrugged when he spoke of the happenings of the last few days.

"They're ridiculously stupid to get themselves involved in something so dangerous." She said. She ignored the fact that she had done the exact same thing. She was used to getting herself into trouble and she knew exactly what she was doing... even if she had almost gotten herself killed. She ran a finger against the bandages on her arm as she thought about it. She had held her own pretty well after all.
User Image

When you walk away
What is it I'm after

Nothing more to say
Searching for disaster

Dressed up as a life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:58 pm

User Image
Shifty eyes spoke depths of truths profound as gold clashed against silver, his sparkling fire rich with the thought of sin and deceit. With the tilt of his head, Tay could barely resist himself, but his mind had wandered to every instance where his inner demons had led him down darker paths in the crossfire with danger… So he said nothing more on the subject. Glancing around, he wondered where the house elf, Shay, had gotten to. The little creature was a delightfully positive thing whenever company was around, but after a few days, she tends to become the most ornery little creature… It was odd to him that she hadn’t showed up. ”…The past is past, that’s all that matters….

“You can stay here and rest as long as you need to, the house elf, wherever she bloody is, can help you with anything you need,”
Tay finally spoke, his breathy voice floating along in the winds and over the sea. Time passed, and silence filled the air. After some time, he turned those glowing gold eyes of his upon her.

”What are you thinking right now?”

╔══════════════╗
Curious
╚══════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:38 pm
With a thousand lies

And a good disguise

Wearing

User Image User Image
Michelle lay there quietly. The dizziness she had been feeling for hours now was finally starting to dissipate and she could think again. Her mind wandered to everything that had occurred since she had left her home, angry with Vincent and wanting to be anywhere but there. She had gotten her wish and yet she still had no desire to go back to the cottage.

She was distracted from her thoughts as Tay finally spoke again. She blinked up at him and sat up, before curling her knees to her chest once again and resting her chin on them.
"To be honest... I'm thinking about Vincent." She said with a shrug, fire in her eyes. She wanted to say everything she had been thinking about the man who had supposedly raised her but she resisted.
User Image

When you walk away
What is it I'm after

Nothing more to say
Searching for disaster

Dressed up as a life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:59 pm

User Image

Vincent, he turned the word over in his mind, examining it from each and every angle, over and over, it was a common name, one he’d heard one too many times to keep track of them all. Vincent, son of the archbishop, or Vincent Crabbe Goyle the Second, Vincent… Vincent….

”Who is he, if I may ask…” Tay’s low voice sifted gently, carefully in the winds, as if every breath he took might break the girl that captivated every ounce of his attention. He couldn’t resist the question, he had to know—but he wouldn’t persist any farther if she wouldn’t divulge. He was in no place to ask, he knew.

╔══════════════╗
Curious
╚══════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:12 pm
With a thousand lies

And a good disguise

Wearing

User Image User Image
Michelle raised her head from her knees, surprise flashing in her eyes for a moment, before realizing she probably hadn't spoken of him to Tay. She really didn't particularly like talking about him. Mostly because he made her angry enough to break her calm. "He was my mother's best friend." She said quietly, letting her head drop back to her knees. "When my father abandoned me, Vincent's the one that found me and took me in....." She trailed off, chewing her lip in silence. She couldn't help but tell him more. She rarely told anyone anything about herself yet here she was wanting to divulge her life to Tay. "He is supposedly the one that raised me after that, but he was never around. Still isn't. I've basically raised my younger sister.. or well she's not really my sister but it doesn't matter I guess." She shrugged again. "He pisses me off and I can't help but still be angry at him even after all that's happened since I last saw him...." She trailed off again, this time letting the silence continue until he decided to speak.
User Image

When you walk away
What is it I'm after

Nothing more to say
Searching for disaster

Dressed up as a life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:36 pm

User Image

A grim line formed on his face; he didn’t know why, either, but the rolling emotions cascaded off of her in waves, drowning him with the fire that she harbored inside—one much like his, but—he knew it would never be the same. His fire was one of demons, of death, because of his mother, and what she had done to him. In some ways, he felt every ounce of her pain, but he didn’t know why. The more she divulged, the more his cold heart began to melt, the ice dripping ever so slowly, drop by drop.

”What—“ But he paused, and his voice lingered in the air, smooth and warm as honey while his glowing gold eyes softened, so gentle and reflective of her pain. He almost didn’t want to ask her, but, a part of him, deep within the depths of his black core, captivated by the fire roaring in him, he needed to ask. ”What did he do to have made you so… angry?”

╔══════════════╗
Empathetic
╚══════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:18 pm
With a thousand lies

And a good disguise

Wearing

User Image User Image
Michelle watched him. He paused between his words, and his eyes... his eyes were so gentle, so caring. She had never seen him like that before. He seemed hesitant... not a characteristic she'd usually put with him. She didn't know how to answer his question though. There were so many reasons that they just added up. "When my mother married my father, Vincent abandoned her. He wouldn't speak to her except to barge into their wedding and tell her she was making the biggest mistake of her life...." She ran pale fingers through her hair, trying to untangle it, even though she knew it was pointless. "He hates my father, not that I'm very partial to my father either, but still." She shrugged.

"Vincent blames him for my mum's death and when my dad left me, Vincent thought he'd be better suited to take care of me, but he hasn't done anything for me. He ran his own wife, Lyv's mom out of the house by taking me in. He put her through the torture of losing her mother just to take me in and leave me alone to raise her. He's never home, he forgets about me, he forgets about Olyvia, all he cares about is his bloody shop and making money." As she spoke her anger flared up. "I was six.... I shouldn't have been taking care of a my little sister, or him. He says it's all to be able to pay for us... but it'd be better if he was home taking care of her. She deserves better than him.... "

She shrugged again and tugged at a knot in her hair. She wasn't really sure why she'd just told him all of that, but when she started talking about Vincent, she couldn't stop. Her sister deserved better than that. Michelle could deal with it. She had all her life, but Olyvia was precious. Olyvia was innocent. She didn't deserve a father that didn't have the time or money to care.
User Image

When you walk away
What is it I'm after

Nothing more to say
Searching for disaster

Dressed up as a life

Private Homes