Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:17 am
Miss Scherzo
AlcoholicPancake
ISTJ is what I got. Makes a bit of sense regarding my typical mannerisms and ways I got about handling day to day life.

Quote:
Introverted (I) 64.86% Extroverted (E) 35.14%
Sensing (S) 62.5% Intuitive (N) 37.5%
Thinking (T) 81.82% Feeling (F) 18.18%
Judging (J) 64.71% Perceiving (P) 35.29%

How would you describe your mannerisms and how you deal with the typical daily grinds if you don't mind me asking?

I keep to myself, I don't do much without thinking about it first. I try to make decisions based off of rationality and logic. Also, in addition the the above, there's one thing that strikes a strong resemblance between myself and the description, and that is the lack of emotional drive. Due to unrelated issues, I'm emotional about pretty much nothing. I take more of a cold and blank stance against most choices, rather than acting on emotions to seek answers or solutions. Basically, most of that " Portrait of an ISTJ " thing on the site you linked is pretty accurate to describe my common mannerisms.

Also, since you asked generalized questions, I figure why not? I'm doing nothing right now anyway.

Quote:
How would you describe your social habits, strength, weakness, etc in real life and online?

My social habits are generally the lack of social habits. If possible, I avoid being social, at least in real life, though sometimes online as well. It's not that I can't handle myself well in conversations, as I've been told that I'm extremely charismatic and easy to talk to. In fact, I find that I can hold a conversation with almost anyone. However, I don't like talking to people, or even dealing with them for the most part, in person. Very anti-social in real life on most occasions. Online is different. Somehow, I've been lucky enough to find myself at places online where I meet either like-minded individuals, or intelligent individuals to converse with rather than mindless banter you get with the average idiot, so I'm a bit more talkative on the net.

Quote:
What would say is the pros and cons of both of them?

Well, being charismatic has it's benefit, but it seems ironic or just downright stupid that it would be coupled with an anti-social behavior. However, I can't complain as it allows me to stay out of some of those " one sided " friendships, saving my friendship for those who are actually deserving of it.

Quote:
Are there situations you prefer in either realm? e.i. Chatting at school cafeteria, hanging out at parties, talking on messengers, forums, etc. Why?

The only time I go out into public is when I'm running to the store for my mother, or if I'm going to the bar, so I don't really know about real life. I mean, I just use the self checkout at the stores as to not deal with people, and I get drunk as fast as I can at the bar to drown out the noise, then just play pool with my friends and don't converse with anyone outside our group. Online though, I find myself quite partial to forums and chatting (trolling) on video games.

Quote:
Are there situations you dislike overall? Why?

Most any social situation. As stated in my first answer, I have a dislike of people, which is where the anti-social behavior comes from.. Very few social situations are comfortable for me, so I instead stick to my house and keep to myself when it can be helped.

Quote:
What are your closet friends like? Not so close friends like?

The friends I have vary greatly. Whether close or not, it's just a diverse group with different interests, but all with at least one trait in common: Intelligence. I have friends that I troll with on MMOs and other games, friends that I discuss and debate things with, friends that I talk about anime and such with, and then friends that I just drink with. As I said though, the common trait that matches them all is their intelligence in varying fields.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:38 pm
Miss Scherzo
That is quite respectable. Have you already found a balance of maintaining sticking to your own rights and the rights of others? What are your thoughts on common good versus individual interests? Pardon my curiosity. sweatdrop

Everyone has the right to their life (and, corollary, when to stop it), their right to liberty and freedom in life, and their right to pursue what makes them happy. These statements are theirs and theirs alone to interpret, decide, and use without question. Whether these rights are being used ethically for the 'common good,' in my opinion, is dependent on if their actions in their own life interfere, impede, destroy, or eradicate these basic rights for all men. Though not omnipotent, and not infallible, the way I make sure to balance is to live in a way that puts me towards my own happiness without the cost of sacrificing others to attain it. If I have wronged in my actions--like, if I have caused an event where I've taken away those rights--it is in my best and selfish interest as someone who personally values these rights to correct that wrong. I don't accept anything more than I'm worth (or agreed by contract) for the work and things I do, nor do I accept anything less. I don't sacrifice; if it looks like I'm sacrificing, it's because whatever I'm losing is of less value than what I will gain (example: I forego buying a new toy because a friend is in need of money, because the well-being of that friend is more important to me than the toy).

When it comes to the common good, I think the true common good is the individuals' interest--not the good of the group. The question to ask whenever someone does something for the common good is 'Who is the common good?' and the answer should be honestly thought out, and the action should be judged after answering. The next question I would ask is, 'Is it right to force others to do things for the common good or for duty?' I don't think it's right to force anyone, even if it is for the good (what good?) and for the common good (for who?). Besides, who wants to be cared for, provided for, and 'loved' by another because of compulsion, duty, or need? Wouldn't you rather be cared for, provided for, and loved because someone values you and voluntarily wants to do those things for you?

Miss Scherzo
How would you describe your social habits, strength, weakness, etc in real life and online?

Are there situations you prefer in either realm? e.i. Chatting at school cafeteria, hanging out at parties, talking on messengers, forums, etc. Why?

When it comes to social habits, I simply try to be open and honest in the way I deal with others, and I follow through with whatever contracts (trade, promises, etc.) I create with another person. Being open and honest leads to vulnerability--especially if I'm wrong--but if I'm wrong, then I have the opportunity to change until I'm right. If I was right, then the other has the opportunity to change as well. If I'm honest and truthful, the other person's choice of actions are not my responsibility. When I follow through with my contracts, I'm seen as respectable and dependable. More mundanely, I tend to be seen as kind, soft, caring, and the kind of person that, if someone was a hard-a** in a restaurant and I was their server, I'd still be tipped well because I'd be able to handle them and still serve them well. I'm perfectly happy being alone in public, or being together with people in public, so long as I'm together holding hands instead of being in handcuffs, if that makes sense. I do have some problems verbalizing, but I've learned that if I just try to be slow whenever emotions keep muddling things, I can eventually clearly say what I need to say in an honest and open fashion.

The only con I see of an online life is that I'm not seeing the person face-to-face. I love interacting in many situations whether online or in real life, though I prefer playing story-based roleplays that aren't slice of life; going out to restaurants to eat, chat, and sample new foods; seeing movies; walking in parks; or playing video games (my preference is cooperative ones, not competitive ones). Irrational and crazy situations are the ones that drive me crazy and drive me to want to escape, though if I'm stuck in it I let serenity kick in and just focus on what I can do to change it from irrational and crazy to something more rational.

My closest friends have a variety in interests and likes and values, but the thing that makes them all similar is that they have values, and that they defend them. They're the kind of people who understand that happiness doesn't come from the sacrifice of others. Also, they have a certain fire and passion in their eyes and action that's very hard to describe.  

Sentama Lin

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:58 pm
Quote:
Introverted (I) 70.37% Extroverted (E) 29.63%
Sensing (S) 65.71% Intuitive (N) 34.29%
Thinking (T) 53.33% Feeling (F) 46.67%
Judging (J) 60% Perceiving (P) 40%

I read/skimmed through the detailed description and it sounds about right. I know I've taken this kind of stuff before and I know I got a slightly different answer (I think it was ISTP?) but this one fits me a hell of a lot better.

Also I had typed up an answer for those questions, but sort of had to walk away from the comp before posting and so Gaia logged me out before I posted so it didn't save any of it ^^; And I don't feel like typing it all up again.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:57 pm
User Image
Silly is you in a natural state,
and serious is something you have to do
until you can get silly again

One I took gave me INFJ, the other ENFJ. INFJ sounded closer so I'm just going to go with that. :3

( ゚ヮ゚)

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Deadcant_Closed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:09 am
AlcoholicPancake
Miss Scherzo

How would you describe your mannerisms and how you deal with the typical daily grinds if you don't mind me asking?

I keep to myself, I don't do much without thinking about it first. I try to make decisions based off of rationality and logic. Also, in addition the the above, there's one thing that strikes a strong resemblance between myself and the description, and that is the lack of emotional drive. Due to unrelated issues, I'm emotional about pretty much nothing. I take more of a cold and blank stance against most choices, rather than acting on emotions to seek answers or solutions. Basically, most of that " Portrait of an ISTJ " thing on the site you linked is pretty accurate to describe my common mannerisms.

Also, since you asked generalized questions, I figure why not? I'm doing nothing right now anyway.

My social habits are generally the lack of social habits. If possible, I avoid being social, at least in real life, though sometimes online as well. It's not that I can't handle myself well in conversations, as I've been told that I'm extremely charismatic and easy to talk to. In fact, I find that I can hold a conversation with almost anyone. However, I don't like talking to people, or even dealing with them for the most part, in person. Very anti-social in real life on most occasions. Online is different. Somehow, I've been lucky enough to find myself at places online where I meet either like-minded individuals, or intelligent individuals to converse with rather than mindless banter you get with the average idiot, so I'm a bit more talkative on the net.

Well, being charismatic has it's benefit, but it seems ironic or just downright stupid that it would be coupled with an anti-social behavior. However, I can't complain as it allows me to stay out of some of those " one sided " friendships, saving my friendship for those who are actually deserving of it.

The only time I go out into public is when I'm running to the store for my mother, or if I'm going to the bar, so I don't really know about real life. I mean, I just use the self checkout at the stores as to not deal with people, and I get drunk as fast as I can at the bar to drown out the noise, then just play pool with my friends and don't converse with anyone outside our group. Online though, I find myself quite partial to forums and chatting (trolling) on video games.

Most any social situation. As stated in my first answer, I have a dislike of people, which is where the anti-social behavior comes from.. Very few social situations are comfortable for me, so I instead stick to my house and keep to myself when it can be helped.

The friends I have vary greatly. Whether close or not, it's just a diverse group with different interests, but all with at least one trait in common: Intelligence. I have friends that I troll with on MMOs and other games, friends that I discuss and debate things with, friends that I talk about anime and such with, and then friends that I just drink with. As I said though, the common trait that matches them all is their intelligence in varying fields.

Would you say much like how you prefer to think things over you must also have a comfortable grasp with as much information as you can or have collected? When you make decisions are they for the most part "solid" unless proven otherwise? Any consistent exceptions? I'm trying to understand as much as possible from other mindsets as long as people are comfortable/willing with disclosing and this thread is turning out much more fruitful than I expected.

Also thanks for answering the other set of questions. 3nodding It's understandable to have a set of standards so to speak. Filters have their uses and equal disadvantages, but you seem to have constructed a smooth system that works for you. What do consider intelligence? The debatable lack of? Thoughts, associations and such.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:27 am
Sentama Lin
Miss Scherzo
That is quite respectable. Have you already found a balance of maintaining sticking to your own rights and the rights of others? What are your thoughts on common good versus individual interests? Pardon my curiosity. sweatdrop

Everyone has the right to their life (and, corollary, when to stop it), their right to liberty and freedom in life, and their right to pursue what makes them happy. These statements are theirs and theirs alone to interpret, decide, and use without question. Whether these rights are being used ethically for the 'common good,' in my opinion, is dependent on if their actions in their own life interfere, impede, destroy, or eradicate these basic rights for all men. Though not omnipotent, and not infallible, the way I make sure to balance is to live in a way that puts me towards my own happiness without the cost of sacrificing others to attain it. If I have wronged in my actions--like, if I have caused an event where I've taken away those rights--it is in my best and selfish interest as someone who personally values these rights to correct that wrong. I don't accept anything more than I'm worth (or agreed by contract) for the work and things I do, nor do I accept anything less. I don't sacrifice; if it looks like I'm sacrificing, it's because whatever I'm losing is of less value than what I will gain (example: I forego buying a new toy because a friend is in need of money, because the well-being of that friend is more important to me than the toy).

When it comes to the common good, I think the true common good is the individuals' interest--not the good of the group. The question to ask whenever someone does something for the common good is 'Who is the common good?' and the answer should be honestly thought out, and the action should be judged after answering. The next question I would ask is, 'Is it right to force others to do things for the common good or for duty?' I don't think it's right to force anyone, even if it is for the good (what good?) and for the common good (for who?). Besides, who wants to be cared for, provided for, and 'loved' by another because of compulsion, duty, or need? Wouldn't you rather be cared for, provided for, and loved because someone values you and voluntarily wants to do those things for you?

When it comes to social habits, I simply try to be open and honest in the way I deal with others, and I follow through with whatever contracts (trade, promises, etc.) I create with another person. Being open and honest leads to vulnerability--especially if I'm wrong--but if I'm wrong, then I have the opportunity to change until I'm right. If I was right, then the other has the opportunity to change as well. If I'm honest and truthful, the other person's choice of actions are not my responsibility. When I follow through with my contracts, I'm seen as respectable and dependable. More mundanely, I tend to be seen as kind, soft, caring, and the kind of person that, if someone was a hard-a** in a restaurant and I was their server, I'd still be tipped well because I'd be able to handle them and still serve them well. I'm perfectly happy being alone in public, or being together with people in public, so long as I'm together holding hands instead of being in handcuffs, if that makes sense. I do have some problems verbalizing, but I've learned that if I just try to be slow whenever emotions keep muddling things, I can eventually clearly say what I need to say in an honest and open fashion.

The only con I see of an online life is that I'm not seeing the person face-to-face. I love interacting in many situations whether online or in real life, though I prefer playing story-based roleplays that aren't slice of life; going out to restaurants to eat, chat, and sample new foods; seeing movies; walking in parks; or playing video games (my preference is cooperative ones, not competitive ones). Irrational and crazy situations are the ones that drive me crazy and drive me to want to escape, though if I'm stuck in it I let serenity kick in and just focus on what I can do to change it from irrational and crazy to something more rational.

My closest friends have a variety in interests and likes and values, but the thing that makes them all similar is that they have values, and that they defend them. They're the kind of people who understand that happiness doesn't come from the sacrifice of others. Also, they have a certain fire and passion in their eyes and action that's very hard to describe.

Hm. You've given me a lot to think over. I've never looked at the rights like that to be honest. Thank you for sharing and answering the other set of questions. 3nodding I have more questions if you're willing to answer. If any are uncomfortable do feel free to pass.

What are some others ways you have seen or considered those rights to be interpreted?
What are some examples of striking a balance if you've wronged?
What are examples of a balance being obtained if you've been wronged?
How do you think those who repeatedly obtain their means with no regard to other should be handled?

Deadcant_Closed

Deadcant_Closed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:33 am
invisible-weirdo
Quote:
Introverted (I) 70.37% Extroverted (E) 29.63%
Sensing (S) 65.71% Intuitive (N) 34.29%
Thinking (T) 53.33% Feeling (F) 46.67%
Judging (J) 60% Perceiving (P) 40%

I read/skimmed through the detailed description and it sounds about right. I know I've taken this kind of stuff before and I know I got a slightly different answer (I think it was ISTP?) but this one fits me a hell of a lot better.

Also I had typed up an answer for those questions, but sort of had to walk away from the comp before posting and so Gaia logged me out before I posted so it didn't save any of it ^^; And I don't feel like typing it all up again.

What were the more accurate points of ISTJ? What were the points of ISTP you disagreed?

The effort is appreciated. 3nodding It's a shame Gaia didn't seem to think the same.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:37 am
[ Terra ]
So I took the test linked in the OP and the result was INFP. Some of the areas were pretty close although there is a fair bit in the INFP stuff that I would say is accurate.

Quote:
Introverted (I) 56.25% Extroverted (E) 43.75%
Intuitive (N) 60.61% Sensing (S) 39.39%
Feeling (F) 51.52% Thinking (T) 48.48%
Perceiving (P) 51.61% Judging (J) 48.39%

What would you consider are the more accurate and inaccurate descriptions of INFP if you don't mind me asking?  

Deadcant_Closed

Deadcant_Closed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:41 am
wakusei
I've taken the test a few different times and I always come up INFJ smile

I feel it's pretty accurate for me.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

What would you consider the more and less accurate descriptions if you don't mind me asking?

That My Personality quiz looks interesting. Thanks for sharing. 3nodding

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:05 pm
Miss Scherzo
What would you consider the more and less accurate descriptions if you don't mind me asking?

That My Personality quiz looks interesting. Thanks for sharing. 3nodding

The in-depth description of an INFJ in the link you gave is basically spot on. The only difference is that I don't have as many "feelings" about things as they describe. I'm hardly psychic.  

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:19 pm
I have bipolar disorder, and I wonder if that affects how I do in these tests.

I did the online test, and got ISFJ. I did it a second time, and got ISTJ, then back to ISFJ. I did one on Mypersonality.info and got ISTJ. I've done them before and I think I always get different results. I'm definitely "i" and "s", and usually "j", at least.

The most recent one on Similar Minds:

Introverted (I) 76.47% Extroverted (E) 23.53%
Sensing (S) 58.14% Intuitive (N) 41.86%
Feeling (F) 55.56% Thinking (T) 44.44%
Judging (J) 52.38% Perceiving (P) 47.62%

The most recent one on MyPersonality:
I: 95%, E: 5%
S: 84%, N: 16%
T: 53%, F: 47%
J: 53%, P: 47%

Quote:
ISFJs need positive feedback from others. In the absence of positive feedback, or in the face of criticism, the ISFJ gets discouraged, and may even become depressed. When down on themselves or under great stress, the ISFJ begins to imagine all of the things that might go critically wrong in their life. They have strong feelings of inadequacy, and become convinced that "everything is all wrong", or "I can't do anything right".

This is quite true for me, and there's a similar quote in the ISTJ section. I'm not sure if it's truly a part of my personality or is just a symptom of my depressive episodes, though.

I am not very social. I don't find alone time lonely, I find it relaxing. I often feel more lonely when I'm with people, because I feel sort of closed off. I have a hard time relaxing when I'm with other people, because I feel like I constantly need to be on my guard to be "normal". I hate conflict, so I am good at compromising and diplomacy and mediating. I am terrible at staying in touch with people, though; a lot of my friends think I don't care about them because I don't usually make plans with them, but it's not the case. sweatdrop I do care. Maybe I'm just self-centred.

I am slightly more outgoing online, and in many ways I feel closer to some of my online friends than people I know in real life.

People tend to be more open online, which is both a good and a bad thing. People won't hesitate to say horrible things to you online that they would never say to your face. At the same time, it's a little more honest that way, I guess.

I feel that I probably use the internet as a social crutch; it's a way to talk to people without actually letting them get to know me. They just know what I choose to let them know. :s It's a lot harder to do that with close friends in real life.

Are there situations you prefer in either realm? e.i. Chatting at school cafeteria, hanging out at parties, talking on messengers, forums, etc. Why? I certainly prefer typing to actually talking. I would much rather *do* something with people, something structured (go out to eat, go skating, go for a walk, go bowling) than do something unstructured. I spend the entire time worrying about being awkward or weird. I like forums more than chats, since I like having a subject to work with, and I can think about what I want to say.

Are there situations you dislike overall? Why? Going out with people I don't know well. I find it uncomfortable and stressful and just generally not fun.

What are your closest friends like? Not so close friends like? The people who remain friends with me tend to be people who aren't offended or put off by my lack of socialization. My not-so-close friends tend to either be hurt by my supposed lack of interest, or are also extremely antisocial and we don't hang out much. razz  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:30 am
I'm not too surprised that introversion is fairly common on the results we're getting. Stereotypes of people on the internet and all... It said I was extroverted this time, but... I tend to see myself as introverted because I don't think I'm "out there" enough to be extroverted.

Miss Scherzo

In real life, my social habits are... I don't know. I hang out with my friends, but I rarely go to parties or things like that unless it's like, my friend's birthday or something. I went to a Halloween party at campus this year and the pre-party was nice... but I hated the actual party and left. The pre-party was me hanging out with friends and dancing and chatting and whatnot. The actual party? It was in a basement with some rapper who sucked and there were people drinking and I just didn't want to deal with it. Too many people in too close of a space, and I didn't know most of them and I didn't want the potential to have to deal with obnoxious drunk college students in a confined space.
Basically in real life my social interaction is mostly with people I know fairly well, or occasionally I'll go to a group or something for something I'm interested in. Since I found out when they actually meet, I'm planning on starting to go to Go club next semester. But when I do hang out with people (unless it's a club thing) it's really casual and not organized. I'm horrible at arranging things. My parties are always "come over around this time, I'll make food and we'll do something".
Online? In some ways I feel like my online self is more honest than my real self. I guess it depends on who I'm talking to? But I know I tend to talk to some of my online friends or friends from home who aren't involved in my current social life so much because of distance about my problems. They're not involved in things, so I end up venting to them because I know I don't have to worry about the drama beast with them. Before I went to boarding school, though, most of my friends were online because I just don't seem to fit in with a lot. But boarding school was full of intelligent weirdos and now I'm at a large university, so maybe I'll meet more "real" people as long as I can make myself be social. In real life, I'm actually quite shy until you get to know me. I find it hard to just go up and start talking to someone, even though I will occasionally interject myself into someone else's conversation that I overhear if I have something to say.

Miss Scherzo

Pros and cons? Basically the pros of my real life social habits is a group of close friends I suppose? But cons would be the fact that I find it a little hard to make friends because I don't like doing a number of social things and that it's hard for me to initiate things.
Online pros and cons? Well, pros are you guys (aw yeah, I went there). Cons are the fact that I have so many fantastic friends who live far away from me, and it sucks that I don't get to see you.

Miss Scherzo

I prefer talking over IM and on forums to going to parties in real life or anything. I think I like IM and forums about the same. IM is one-on-one while forum is more like a discussion or an internet party. I can deal with crazy virtual parties, but not so much real life ones.
For real life social situations, I prefer ones that are more close-knit/intimate I guess? Basically I like being with my friends, but I feel like the most awkward thing ever if I don't know anyone there or it's a large group and I get separated from my people. Social butterfly I am not.

Miss Scherzo

Okay, already mentioned many times the hating not knowing anyone in real-life. I'm fine with it online, though, oddly enough. But situations I hate? I hate having to call someone I don't know on the phone! Even ordering pizza makes me feel awkward, though I can do it. No, what's terrible is when you have to call someone about something important but you've never met the person. I could talk to them face-to-face just fine (well, as fine as I would be in a "something important and I'm probably nervous" situation) but I absolutely hate the phone. I'm even more comfortable talking to my friends on IM more than I am on the phone. Awkward silences suck on the phone.

Miss Scherzo

Well, most of my friends are fairly intelligent. None of them are dumb asses... Well, except for the people getting themselves in stupid situations because of acting like idiots when they're not. You know how that goes. Some of my friends are not phenomenal at academics and whatnot, but they're still not idiots. And I like to think that most of them are nice. I mean, I don't have friends who are jerks to me. But there's a person I'm backing off from because she's so negative and I can't deal with it.
I don't really have many not-so-close friends. Well, I have people who are in the "friendly acquaintance sorta friend" category I guess. You know, the people that as soon as you stop being in the vicinity of, you'll probably never talk to again. Those ones are more of the just fun to talk to but don't have too much in common with I suppose. I may seem like I have a decent number of friends, but really at least half of them are in this category.

The more I try to think these things through, the more I get confused. Haha. Just know that I spend my free time at college usually hanging out in the lounge (but only if people I know are there) or hiding in my room. Except on the weekends, then I go meet up with friends. The test may have said that I'm extroverted, but I'm only extroverted if I know you.
Sometimes I wish I didn't have a roommate because it's pretty much impossible to have time to yourself when you want it. But then again, it's when she's gone for a weekend or something that I end up having any sort of emotional breakdown that may have been impending for any period of time. Because I hate being emotional in front of people.

Bleh, I should just stop talking now.  

Lobo-chan

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:24 pm
This place is incredibly in-depth. I'll need to take time to really read over it later.

biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:38 pm
Taeryyn
I have bipolar disorder, and I wonder if that affects how I do in these tests.

I did the online test, and got ISFJ. I did it a second time, and got ISTJ, then back to ISFJ. I did one on Mypersonality.info and got ISTJ. I've done them before and I think I always get different results. I'm definitely "i" and "s", and usually "j", at least.

The most recent one on Similar Minds:

Introverted (I) 76.47% Extroverted (E) 23.53%
Sensing (S) 58.14% Intuitive (N) 41.86%
Feeling (F) 55.56% Thinking (T) 44.44%
Judging (J) 52.38% Perceiving (P) 47.62%

The most recent one on MyPersonality:
I: 95%, E: 5%
S: 84%, N: 16%
T: 53%, F: 47%
J: 53%, P: 47%

Quote:
ISFJs need positive feedback from others. In the absence of positive feedback, or in the face of criticism, the ISFJ gets discouraged, and may even become depressed. When down on themselves or under great stress, the ISFJ begins to imagine all of the things that might go critically wrong in their life. They have strong feelings of inadequacy, and become convinced that "everything is all wrong", or "I can't do anything right".

This is quite true for me, and there's a similar quote in the ISTJ section. I'm not sure if it's truly a part of my personality or is just a symptom of my depressive episodes, though.

Have you noticed which moods or mind sets seem more common or otherwise accompany with either result if you don't mind me asking?

Quote:
I am not very social. I don't find alone time lonely, I find it relaxing. I often feel more lonely when I'm with people, because I feel sort of closed off. I have a hard time relaxing when I'm with other people, because I feel like I constantly need to be on my guard to be "normal". I hate conflict, so I am good at compromising and diplomacy and mediating. I am terrible at staying in touch with people, though; a lot of my friends think I don't care about them because I don't usually make plans with them, but it's not the case. sweatdrop I do care. Maybe I'm just self-centred.

I am slightly more outgoing online, and in many ways I feel closer to some of my online friends than people I know in real life.
People tend to be more open online, which is both a good and a bad thing. People won't hesitate to say horrible things to you online that they would never say to your face. At the same time, it's a little more honest that way, I guess.

I feel that I probably use the internet as a social crutch; it's a way to talk to people without actually letting them get to know me. They just know what I choose to let them know. :s It's a lot harder to do that with close friends in real life.

Are there situations you prefer in either realm? e.i. Chatting at school cafeteria, hanging out at parties, talking on messengers, forums, etc. Why? I certainly prefer typing to actually talking. I would much rather *do* something with people, something structured (go out to eat, go skating, go for a walk, go bowling) than do something unstructured. I spend the entire time worrying about being awkward or weird. I like forums more than chats, since I like having a subject to work with, and I can think about what I want to say.

Are there situations you dislike overall? Why? Going out with people I don't know well. I find it uncomfortable and stressful and just generally not fun.

What are your closest friends like? Not so close friends like? The people who remain friends with me tend to be people who aren't offended or put off by my lack of socialization. My not-so-close friends tend to either be hurt by my supposed lack of interest, or are also extremely antisocial and we don't hang out much. razz

Thanks for answering the other sets of questions too. 3nodding
I still have a few questions, but do feel free to pass if any are too personal.
What do you consider examples of conflict with others?
Any particular ones that stand out to you?

Deadcant_Closed

Deadcant_Closed

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:53 pm
Lobo-chan
I'm not too surprised that introversion is fairly common on the results we're getting. Stereotypes of people on the internet and all... It said I was extroverted this time, but... I tend to see myself as introverted because I don't think I'm "out there" enough to be extroverted.

Good point. There would seem to be some truth to it.

Quote:
In real life, my social habits are... I don't know. I hang out with my friends, but I rarely go to parties or things like that unless it's like, my friend's birthday or something. I went to a Halloween party at campus this year and the pre-party was nice... but I hated the actual party and left. The pre-party was me hanging out with friends and dancing and chatting and whatnot. The actual party? It was in a basement with some rapper who sucked and there were people drinking and I just didn't want to deal with it. Too many people in too close of a space, and I didn't know most of them and I didn't want the potential to have to deal with obnoxious drunk college students in a confined space.
Basically in real life my social interaction is mostly with people I know fairly well, or occasionally I'll go to a group or something for something I'm interested in. Since I found out when they actually meet, I'm planning on starting to go to Go club next semester. But when I do hang out with people (unless it's a club thing) it's really casual and not organized. I'm horrible at arranging things. My parties are always "come over around this time, I'll make food and we'll do something".
Online? In some ways I feel like my online self is more honest than my real self. I guess it depends on who I'm talking to? But I know I tend to talk to some of my online friends or friends from home who aren't involved in my current social life so much because of distance about my problems. They're not involved in things, so I end up venting to them because I know I don't have to worry about the drama beast with them. Before I went to boarding school, though, most of my friends were online because I just don't seem to fit in with a lot. But boarding school was full of intelligent weirdos and now I'm at a large university, so maybe I'll meet more "real" people as long as I can make myself be social. In real life, I'm actually quite shy until you get to know me. I find it hard to just go up and start talking to someone, even though I will occasionally interject myself into someone else's conversation that I overhear if I have something to say.

Pros and cons? Basically the pros of my real life social habits is a group of close friends I suppose? But cons would be the fact that I find it a little hard to make friends because I don't like doing a number of social things and that it's hard for me to initiate things.
Online pros and cons? Well, pros are you guys (aw yeah, I went there). Cons are the fact that I have so many fantastic friends who live far away from me, and it sucks that I don't get to see you.

I prefer talking over IM and on forums to going to parties in real life or anything. I think I like IM and forums about the same. IM is one-on-one while forum is more like a discussion or an internet party. I can deal with crazy virtual parties, but not so much real life ones.
For real life social situations, I prefer ones that are more close-knit/intimate I guess? Basically I like being with my friends, but I feel like the most awkward thing ever if I don't know anyone there or it's a large group and I get separated from my people. Social butterfly I am not.

Okay, already mentioned many times the hating not knowing anyone in real-life. I'm fine with it online, though, oddly enough. But situations I hate? I hate having to call someone I don't know on the phone! Even ordering pizza makes me feel awkward, though I can do it. No, what's terrible is when you have to call someone about something important but you've never met the person. I could talk to them face-to-face just fine (well, as fine as I would be in a "something important and I'm probably nervous" situation) but I absolutely hate the phone. I'm even more comfortable talking to my friends on IM more than I am on the phone. Awkward silences suck on the phone.

Well, most of my friends are fairly intelligent. None of them are dumb asses... Well, except for the people getting themselves in stupid situations because of acting like idiots when they're not. You know how that goes. Some of my friends are not phenomenal at academics and whatnot, but they're still not idiots. And I like to think that most of them are nice. I mean, I don't have friends who are jerks to me. But there's a person I'm backing off from because she's so negative and I can't deal with it.
I don't really have many not-so-close friends. Well, I have people who are in the "friendly acquaintance sorta friend" category I guess. You know, the people that as soon as you stop being in the vicinity of, you'll probably never talk to again. Those ones are more of the just fun to talk to but don't have too much in common with I suppose. I may seem like I have a decent number of friends, but really at least half of them are in this category.

The more I try to think these things through, the more I get confused. Haha. Just know that I spend my free time at college usually hanging out in the lounge (but only if people I know are there) or hiding in my room. Except on the weekends, then I go meet up with friends. The test may have said that I'm extroverted, but I'm only extroverted if I know you.
Sometimes I wish I didn't have a roommate because it's pretty much impossible to have time to yourself when you want it. But then again, it's when she's gone for a weekend or something that I end up having any sort of emotional breakdown that may have been impending for any period of time. Because I hate being emotional in front of people.

Bleh, I should just stop talking now.

Thanks for answering though. 3nodding The more information provided, the more potential insight. I have more questions, but feel free to pass if any are too personal.
While you are comfortable with your current social circles both in real life and online would you say you have any desire to broaden it? Also particularly in real life.
What do think of emotions? Especially those that compromise self control?

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff