Reply Community Lounge
Four years. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Celestial Burden

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:59 am
I try tp spend as much time in here as I can, but I have classes until eight on Mondays. The rest of the days aren't too late and I have no Friday classes, but I somehow got something similar to a life. I've started trying to take my creative projects more seriously, too. I don't think I would have gotten to this stage without the ATG. This was always the place I came to for opinions.

I feel like we should have some kind of like, scheduled reunion or something. That would be really interesting  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:04 am
Sometimes I wish we weren't so spread out so that we could actually meet up IRL. Oh well. Everyone being from all around makes it more interesting I guess.

I need to start taking my creative projects more seriously. I kind of... dropped them the last two years of high school because I was so busy, and I just haven't quite gotten back into the swing of things yet. I have so many ideas, I'm just not doing any of them! gonk

A scheduled reunion thing would be fun if we could make it work...  

Lobo-chan

WiskersThCatfish

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:30 pm
I like the idea of a reunion, but I feel like you'd have to start announcing bout it way ahead of time just to make sure it would happen.

Also we don't have any way of getting into contact with all those people who don't really use the guild anymore do we? Save for going on a PM spree, and that won't reach the people who don't check gaia anymore.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:05 pm
I don't mean to sound dramatic, but when I think about it, if it weren't for the ATG, I probably wouldn't still be here. It's been an incredibly helpful thing to be able to wander in here and take my mind off of things. Not to mention the hours and hours many of you guys have spent talking to me, even when I've been at my worst.

It is sad that the community has dwindled and become pretty inactive, but it's always really awesome to see where everyone has ended up.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:55 pm
Oh my Gaia, Tae... what kind of rainbow beast vomited on your avi?

It would be awesome to have an ATG reunion, even if it was only online... Or have like a bunch of regional meetups coordinated on a skype conference or something like that.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:09 pm
I'm not sure, but I don't think it's contagious. x3  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:32 pm
User Image
Silly is you in a natural state,
and serious is something you have to do
until you can get silly again

Even when I was the lurking, shy, Rica25 you guys were a big part of my life. In fact I still consider you all as such. When I get on the computer one of the first things I do is get on the IRC. Even if I'm just lurking most of the time (distractions~), it's nice to have that connection. To be able to pop in and join the conversation without concern if I'm going to be judged or scorned for it.

Part of my being able to open up is partially due to my experiences with this guild. The jokes, the friendly comments, the help I've gotten from here when I was going through rough patches and the help I know I'll still get when I need it...it's still somewhere that I know I can feel safe and welcome, which these days is much needed.

Hell I still remember the day I embarrassed myself by making an entire thread about how I felt a little out of place here, before I opened up. Oh god, I was so ridiculous. I realized then that I shouldn't have felt that way, and I realize now exactly how..well immature I was being. It's also one of my best memories because it's one of the few moments in my life where I was just reassured, not scolded for thinking that way.

( ゚ヮ゚)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:19 pm
If a reunion was actually a feasible option that would be amazing. I actually remember the first time I met one of my fellow guildies in person... I didn't even bother telling anyone I was meeting someone I'd just met online cause I figured they were gonna think I was crazy but I just kind of knew it was okay. I know you guys, probably as well as I know any of my friends that I see on a daily basis. Hell even now I keep thinking "you know if I ever go to Europe I need to meet up with any ATGers over there... maybe have them take me to cool places." And I haven't even talked to you guys in a while!  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:58 pm
Only ATGer I've ever met in Person was Rica a few times, and we didn't even realize we were talking to each other until afterwards >_> Hahaha. I actually found out that I was supposed to be in one of her classes way back in high school, but I always skipped that class >_> Then the time after a Megadeth concert I seen her and a few friends, but since I'd never really met her before in real life before that I didn't recognize her <_<

However, I agree about meeting a few ATGers from overseas would be fun. I'd like to have a beer with Bass and have him tell his tales of the heroism of Viking Tomato to me. Talking about Squid Girl and other anime with Laz would be awesome as well.

I really just need to get rich and travel around meeting everyone >_>  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:33 pm
I've been to meet Kusa and Are and one other online friend, but I haven't been to see any of the few ATGers who actually live in the Midwest. Huh sweatdrop
I want to go back to the northwest sometime and see people again and meet the others I didn't have time to, and I will totally look up guildies in England if I'm ever there again.
Huh... Maybe I should actually find the Midwesterners sometime sweatdrop Who are you people? Why don't I know these things?  

Lobo-chan

Xikrai the Risen

Dapper Reveler

1,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:24 pm
I tried to meet Pisces and Yuni, but my busy schedule prohibited it. He's stationed in my hometown. I have met one guildie though, gaia name excapes me lol (EDIT: Erverain! Got it!). I do know his RL name. Turns out he went to my college and lived in the same building at the time too. So crazy. Now I'm in Corpus soon too be leaving here in a couple months back to FL, then hopefully San Diego. As if it was already heard enough to meet guildies the military makes it that much harder.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:09 pm
I met Yunie and Pisces, we watched Inception together and I'm invited to their wedding! I'm so excited! Hopefully I'm actually able to GO. That would make me a very giddy Rica.  

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Lobo-chan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:06 pm
I hope you get to go too! surprised
Now I'm trying to imagine if it would be awkward or not to be at a wedding and have someone ask who you are and say that you're from the internet... In my world, this is okay.
Eat that wedding cake and catch those flowers! (and then marry me and we'll eat more cake?)  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:44 am
User Image
Silly is you in a natural state,
and serious is something you have to do
until you can get silly again

I like this plan. biggrin It involves lots of cake.

Dude, if anyone asks who I am though I'll just say I'm a friend and leave it at that. xD

( ゚ヮ゚)

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:40 am
Jimmy! biggrin

I've been in the guild for JUUUUST about as long as I've been on Gaia, and my BF (though he wasn't yet) Kusa was responsible for introducing me to the site in the first place. (However, *I* was in the ATG first.) XD

I love being here, even in its diminished space, and I love being able to see what everyone's up to, and while I miss everyone in here, it's always good that people have "real lives", too. smile

And sorry I didn't reply sooner, but (other than today), like usual, I've been working myself into a frenzy. smile

Now... I suppose I should replenish the refreshments again, since there's so many in here, at least temporarily. *aretoo glomp-huggles all, remembering the days when Xik would go 'splody* mrgreen  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff