Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Davis Family Home (Sold) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:25 pm
User Image

Be my bad boy, be my man
Be my weekend lover but don't be my friend

╔════════════════════════════╗
Amanda Davis
Slytherin Alumna - Twenty Seven Years Old - Pureblood
International Magical Office of Law

╚════════════════════════════╝

A thin layer of snow covered the ground outside. Amanda had gone on a short walk with Lucas, who was now sound asleep in his crib while his mum cooked up some fish and chips with mushy peas. At least the baby could easily eat the peas and sip on a warm bottle of milk until he was full. Then Mandy and Katie could eat the rest although it’d have to be reheated by the time Kaitlyn got home from work. The twenty seven year old was rather impressed with how mature her sister was acting once Luke was born. Although it’s only been a month and a half, and really Amanda was expecting Katie to cave soon – it was only a matter of time before she did – the older Davis sister was helping around the house as much as she could. When she wasn’t working, she was cleaning, cooking, even feeding and cleaning the boy. And Friday nights when she would typically go out? She stayed home instead.

Amanda had expected this behaviour to last only while Oliver was home during the holidays, but he went back to Hogwarts almost a month ago and Kaitlyn was still being helpful. And while he was home, he helped as much as any other eleven year old would help. He took out the trash when asked and that was about it. Whatever, it wasn’t like he and Amanda were particularly close, but she did trust him to some extent. Maybe that was because he hated their father as much as she did, or maybe it was because they bonded over their interest in Quidditch. August helped as much as he could as well, which was nice. Amanda was glad he visited often. She had been especially thankful that he cleaned himself up and got his s**t a lot more together than it was a year ago. Lucas wasn’t going to have a deadbeat for a father after all.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

You can be my bad boy but understand
That I don't need you in my life again

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:42 pm
User Image
A U G U S T
M O R R I S

unemployedalcoholic

August sauntered up to the door with his hands shoved into his pockets. It was pretty much his go to stance for every occasion at this point. But this was his moment to really get his life back. Sure he'd gotten a job and he had a kid and he was actually enjoying life again, but Amanda... Amanda had always been important in his life. She had always been the main part of his life. Today he was determined to get her back. He wanted her to be his for the rest of his life.

It wasn't like he was going to propose this day or anything, that would be crazy. He did have a ring though. He'd had it for awhile. Long before they'd broken up, before his life dropped down the s**t hole. He'd kept it on him every day of his recovery and every day he slipped up. It had been his constant reminder of what he was working towards. He loved her. And hopefully.... hopefully she still loved him. He knocked on the door. Just to talk.

OOC:
Kiska166

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:50 pm
User Image

We built sandcastles that washed away
I made you cry when I walked away

Amanda Davis

Slytherin Alumna - Twenty Eight Years Old - Pureblood - Mother

Amanda had finally gotten Lucas to fall asleep by cradling him nonstop for the past thirty minutes. Every time she put him in his crib, he’d start wailing, grabbing for her attention. She’d done it just in time, too, for she heard a knock at the door. The blonde fixed her shirt before answering her door, doing her best to look good instead of tired all the time. Mothers really were super heroes. “Hey, come in,” she said with a small smile after opening the door to reveal August standing there at precisely 13:00, the exact time Amanda had asked him to come over.

She felt a little nervous. After all, she hadn’t invited him inside since they broke up about a year and a half ago and she didn’t quite know how to put into words what she wanted. She also didn’t want him to reject her idea; that would only make her feel foolish for confessing her feelings. However, she’s always been a rather blunt person. Maybe blurting it out over some snacks would make the talk less intense. “Want some tea and scones?” she asked, leading her ex boyfriend into the kitchen. August knew she invited him over to talk, but he didn’t know what about.

And although I promised that I couldn't stay
Every promise don't work out that way

Devlyn Maycry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:19 am
Devlyn Maycry
User Image
A U G U S T
M O R R I S

Office for the Detection and Confiscation of Counterfeit Defensive Spells and Protective Objects Alcoholic

When she answered the door he gave her a smile and entered when offered too. He glanced around, but when he didn't see his son anywhere near by he assumed he was down for a nap. Which was reasonable and probably why Amanda had asked him to come at this time instead of another. It was hard to talk to each other with a baby around. Even if the baby was loved by both of them it was still a baby.

At some point he must have shoved his hands back into his pocket because he could feel the ring box touch his fingers and he was once again reminded what he was fighting for. "Sure, tea and scones sounds good." He answered, following her into the kitchen. He wasn't positive what she had invited him over for, but talking was a good sign... he thought. He hoped it was at least. "So whats up?"

OOC:
Kiska166

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:14 pm
User Image

Amanda Davis

Amanda had already heated up the kettle beforehand, so it was ready by the time August showed up. Grabbing two mugs, she poured hot water into them before also throwing in tea bags. She knew August liked his strong with nothing else added to it and she used to drink it like that too until she got pregnant. Ever since, Amanda’s developed a sweet tooth that she hadn’t had since she was probably fifteen years old, so she added some sugar to hers before joining her ex boyfriend at the table with their mugs and a few scones. Using a wand to float everything to the table sure was helpful when she only had two hands.

Sitting down across from him, Amanda sipped on her tea. This was it. It was now or never, she had to tell him how she felt. Whatever happened after happened, but they’d both be mature about it. They were raising a bloody child after all. “I’ve been thinking... about us. And... I’ve noticed you’ve gotten your life back together,” she started before taking another sipping break. After a lot of thought, she still didn’t quite know how to say what was on her mind without just blurting it out. “I’m willing to give us – our relationship – another shot if you are.” The blonde continued to look August in the eyes, watching for his body language to give her his answer before he did so verbally.

Devlyn Maycry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:03 am
User Image
A U G U S T
M O R R I S

Office for the Detection and Confiscation of Counterfeit Defensive Spells and Protective Objects Alcoholic

August blinked in surprise at her words. He was expecting to be the one to bring it up not her. Sure she'd asked him to come talk with her but he had expected talk about visiting hours with his son or something... not this. Not that he wasn't happy about it. He raised his mug to his lips and took a few sips while watching him with interested eyes. When he put his mug down, he couldn't help the small smile on his face.

"Amanda, I love you. I've always loved you, and I always will. I thought I was gonna have to be the one to ask you... or more beg you probably. But I'll take this instead. Much better. " He could feel the ring box in his pocket resting against his leg and part of him wanted to pull it out and ask her right this moment, but he knew better. He knew her. He didn't want to scare her off right as she was coming back to him. So he didn't pull it out, instead her reached a hand across the table to take hers in his. A soft smile on his lips. "That was a yes I'm willing... by the way... if you didn't get that."

OOC:
Kiska166

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:30 am
User Image

Amanda Davis

Amanda noticed the smile creep onto August’s face and couldn’t help but return one of her own. She always noticed his smiles, no matter how small they were. After being together for about ten years, the blond’s facial cues were easy to pick up on, whether or not he liked that she was able to read him so easily. Ugh, why did he have the power to make her feel all warm on the inside with just a glance and a smile? Amanda hated that he made her feel that way. She also loved it, though. It was complicated. Love was complicated. Their whole relationship was complicated, but they had a baby and she was going to do everything in her power to make her and August work. If not for them, then at least for Lucas.

Thankfully, it seemed like August wanted to make it work as well. Actions spoke louder than words, and he had proved with both his actions and his words that he was trying. “Damn, I should’ve let you beg. That would’ve been entertaining,” she commented, clicking her tongue. Amanda propped an elbow on the table and picked up her mug with the other hand, leaving the free hand on the table. As she sipped some tea, August reached for her hand and held it warmly in his before confirming that he did want to give their relationship another chance. “Got it,” she said with a small nod and a smile before adding, “I love you, too.”

Devlyn Maycry

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items