Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:41 am
*Light bulb goes off*

The magic cake!! yum_cupcake Now I remember that! That was trippy... lol.

So, the only game that doesn't have an English translation is Mother 2, which is Earthbound? There are translations for 1 and 3. I have now confused myself with so much information....  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:50 am
Not exactly sure why one would feel the need to get a Mother 2 translation when there's Earthbound unless they trust that a fan translation would be more accurate than the English SNES game or they want as legit a copy as they can get by buying the Japanese Mother 2 game {which would be easier to come by}, porting it to their computer, and then patching it with a translation.  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:52 am
Page 2! biggrin

And I was confused by that, too, but I re-read Sakura's post, and it said that there was currently no English translation for Mother 2 (Earthbound in US). When I first read it last week, I thought she had said Mother 3 for some reason.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:28 pm
I was going to clarify my reasoning {though I got busy with a family emergency}. It was for that reason that the Japanese version of Mother 2 was never translated because it was already in English. {Though it would be nice since it'd complete the collection. That and the Japanese version is suppose to be more challenging and slight longer in certain areas.} stare Wait you thought I said for Mother 3...?  

Sakura_Moonlight2421

Sparkly Genius

7,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:38 pm
The "magic cake" is what got Miro's oldest brother interested enough to try playing it and Miro suspects that was Tes' original interest in it too. Couple of potheads they were :: shakes head ::

Miro fights lots and lots of Starmen every time she's in that area, but she still has never gotten the Sword of Kings gonk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:24 pm
A local game store paid 50.00USD for an unwrapped copy of Earthbound with the scratch and sniff manual and all. Sold it for y'know...over 500.00. XD The employees were so fangirling.

I finished it not too long ago. Now to get working on Mother and Mother 3. ^_^

Mmmm Trout Yogurt.  

-Explosion-Array-

Feral Warlord

9,950 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:08 am
I'm sorry I haven't posted in so long! I got a notice about it today that someone had posted here. I wish I got a notice each time there was a post.

@Sakura: I hope everything's okay with your family now! It would be awesome if all the Mother games would come out in a nice translated fan pack. Can you imagine how popular that would be? biggrin That would be so cool! And yes, I thought you said Mother 3! emotion_facepalm I just totally read wrong.

@Miro: Tes was a pothead? LOL! I so want to play it again so I can do that magic cake world again. I can't believe I forgot about it. Those things in the water were tough to beat. I want to say they were alligators, but since I forgot about that world, I don't want to say for sure that's what they were.

I wish you could get another copy just so you could get the Sword of Kings, Miro! Have you tried searching Google for tips on how to get it?

@Explosion: That's a nice profit! XD But I wouldn't be able to sell it back. lol. Where did they get it for $50? And that's right!!! The manual was scratch and sniff. I can't believe I forgot about that, too. It had such a weird smell! LOL! I loved it, though, b/c I loved the game. My cousin and I had already played it so much by renting it that when I finally got my own copy, I knew I loved it, so I loved the funky scent. It just fit in with Earthbound perfectly.

Have you only ever played the game on an emulator, or did you have a chance to play the original version, too?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:32 pm
Cuwen
I'm sorry I haven't posted in so long! I got a notice about it today that someone had posted here. I wish I got a notice each time there was a post.

@Explosion: That's a nice profit! XD But I wouldn't be able to sell it back. lol. Where did they get it for $50? And that's right!!! The manual was scratch and sniff. I can't believe I forgot about that, too. It had such a weird smell! LOL! I loved it, though, b/c I loved the game. My cousin and I had already played it so much by renting it that when I finally got my own copy, I knew I loved it, so I loved the funky scent. It just fit in with Earthbound perfectly.

Have you only ever played the game on an emulator, or did you have a chance to play the original version, too?

I didn't have a SNES growing up, had a Genesis (yes, I regret it XD). So yeah, emulators for this one. The OST is awesome, the humor, ahhhh. I remember the old screen-caps for the 64 version that never came out. I wonder if they'll ever bring it back? Oh! And dunno if you know this already, but there's a fan-translated ROM of Mother 3 kickin' around. Mmmn, rhythm game/rpg.

My husband keeps trying to get me to play Secret of Evermore, another game with great humor and story. ^_^  

-Explosion-Array-

Feral Warlord

9,950 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Sakura_Moonlight2421

Sparkly Genius

7,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:57 pm
Cuwen

@Sakura: I hope everything's okay with your family now! It would be awesome if all the Mother games would come out in a nice translated fan pack. Can you imagine how popular that would be? biggrin That would be so cool! And yes, I thought you said Mother 3! emotion_facepalm I just totally read wrong.

My grandmother is okay now. Warning a small side rant hidden in spoiler. Hidden so I wouldn't derail thread.

At the time I posted I had just spent the day in the hospital with my grandmother getting things done for her. My grandfather and aunt are useless. T-T They let her suffer shortness of breath for a week and then called us and told us to take her to the hospital. My aunt being selfish person she is scooted away to go get a message and acupuncture when all that was happening and my grandfather called up a former nurse neighbor whom didn't even call 911 and was trying to get information from their primary doctor which she didn't even realize that patient-doctor confidentiality is in effect since she wasn't family. We finally called 911 and get my grandmother all squared away at the hospital from the stupidity of my grandfather and aunt.

http://walkthrough.starmen.net/earthbound/sok_tips.php Found this when I searched for Swords of Kings. emotion_kirakira That would totally make my day~! It'd be so popular that dl sites may crash should it ever be uploaded to them. xD Currently I've only played the Mother games via emulator since I was age one around the time when the SNES came out. Curse being born at an epic time for videogames!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:52 pm
So what if I was ninja But seriously, who -wouldn't- interpret the "magic cake" as being medicated?  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:53 pm
Secret of Evermore is good, too. smile But it's not one of those that I played a bunch of times like I have done with Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy 3 and 10.

The only time I played a Genesis, I think, was when I was at a friend's house in middle school and I tried playing Sonic. (That was on Genesis, right?) I remember putting that game down after about just 5 minutes b/c it was so fast and I couldn't follow and respond fast enough! LOL!

And fan translations are basically the ones I'm most familiar with for ROMs b/c the games I usually get for emulators are the obscure ones that weren't released in the United States. lol.

Sakura, I'm so glad your grandmother is doing better.
I hope she gets to stay with someone other than your grandfather and aunt, though! Well, it'd be weird not staying with her husband, but I mean, someone needs to be there to take much better care of her.

I'll have to look at that link when I'm at home and not on break at work! Game sites are blocked at work, rightfully so. lol. And that does suck you were only 1 when SNES was out!!! You missed so much. sad Sucks you missed original Nintendo, too. Duck Hunt = amazing!! I was little myself when that came out, so that was the only one I really played besides Q*bert, and at my age, Q*bert was hard! So I didn't like that game. lol.

Tes, that image is just so funny! biggrin Of course, part of what makes it funny is I keep imagining your avi self smoking pot as a teenager. XD And yeah, I don't think the magic cake was meant to be interpreted as anything but what it was. It's pretty hard to not see it as a drug-laced cake made to send you through a trippy hallucination. wink  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:11 pm
Cuwen

ThisEmptySoul

Just looked up Secret of Evermore. emotion_kirakira It sounds like fun. ninja Gonna look for it later since I'm at school. They block all illegal downloads like they should. xD Don't worry I'm catching up on the ones I'm interested in. I've played Pong before but I can't remember what I played it on specifically. o 3o Q*bert was on the NES!

As for my grandmother
Thanks Cuwen. emotion_hug Well at least he's taking care of her properly now.....well in so many words anyway. But since my family lives far away from my grandparents (well as far as you can in Hawaii but at least we're on the same island) we sort of have no choice but to rely on them to take care of her. They shall rue the day when my grandmother gets like that again. No miss nice b*itch. twisted

I can totally picture that too. xD But anyway that's what spiked brownies or Jello shots are for. ;P

Sakura_Moonlight2421

Sparkly Genius

7,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
Non-Gaia Websites Online Gaming & Video Games

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers