Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Montague Château Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:13 pm
I settled down a twisted up frown
Disguised as a
smile, well

You would have never known
I had it all
But, not what I wanted
'cause hope for me was a place uncharted and overgrown

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Fourth Year, 𝔅eater
User Image

He nodded along stiffly; almost held up by strings like a puppet. Or at least, that’s how he felt. He tried to sigh, to breathe, to open up himself and release all of the stress that harbored there, weighing him down. He couldn’t have agreed with Damien more, after all—
”We are just kids.” But why was it so hard for their parents to realize it?

The moment he’d told his parents about Eli, his father had initially wanted to have a meeting with her father, and analyze the prospects of a marriage between the two. His mother wouldn’t let him. For that, he was thankful. But he also knew what this meant. It was a trick.

They unhinged the cage door, and set him free to fly, only to find a chain tied to his ankle, holding him captive from roaming too far.

He nodded, and kept nodding… It wasn’t until that Damien had absolutely broken free that he decided to stop and turn to stare at his friend in wonder. Dominic had never, ever, found the courage to say all of that aloud. It was almost poisonous enough in his mind, let alone on his tongue. But somehow, nothing felt sweeter. A steely resolution glinted in his eyes now.
”So let them keep their name, let them keep their titles. If… If being cruel is what it means to be pure of blood, then I want no part in it.

“To hell with it; I couldn’t imagine doing to my children what my parents did to me, what your parents did to you. It’s not right.”
He shook his head, but paranoia swept in him and he glanced over his shoulder. ”……” But then a thought dawned on him.

”…….. What do you think they’ll do…. After they find out.”

╔═══════════════════╗
Height: 5’7” ☣ Weight: 171lbs ☣ Age: 14
Outside in the Courtyard
With Damien
╚═══════════════════╝

You'd make your way in
I'd resist
you just like this

You can't tell me to feel
The truth never set me free
So, I did it myself

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:41 pm
Damien Warren Edgeworth
Slytherin // Fourth Year // Montague Castle // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // Dominic
CURRENTLY FEELING // Passionate
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I'm not going to let my bloody parents decide my life... look how unhappy they both are with their lives... I'm not going to be like them.'
CURRENTLY// single // crushing // loving
═════════════════════════════════

User Image

Damien was shocked enough at his own sudden burst of rebellion, of passion and resolve, that when Dominic's words echoed his own, his eyes went wide. But, a small smile formed on his face. They didn't have to be their parents; they didn't have to hold their name and their so-called purity above everything and everyone, as if it made them better, all the while hiding away in some huge house, never enjoying anything, never feeling truly happy. It didn't have to be that way... it just didn't.

But reality came crashing down, although more quietly than Damien would have expected, when Dom asked what he thought their parents would do about all this. He looked down, his shoulders dropping a bit, his mind whirring. He knew very well what his own father would probably do. Try to talk him out of it at first, reason with him. Maybe he'd write Marina off as youthful indiscretion, as a fling. But when he saw how serious Damien was... he'd disown him, more likely than not. And his mother... Honestly, he could care less what she'd do, except that he was fairly certain the woman was losing her mind. There was something dark and twisted within her, something dangerous. He couldn't be sure that she wouldn't retaliate against Marina, or even him... He looked at Dominic, his eyes no less resolved, but sad.
                                  "They'll be horrified. They'll probably try to persuade us to give it up, and if... when we don't, they'll kick us out and write us out of the family. But... I don't really think I care. I mean, it's not as though I were living up to their expectations, anyway. I'll figure something out; I'm sure you will too."

User Image

(( OOC: ))

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:42 pm
Disguised as a
smile, well

I had it all
But, not what I wanted

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Fourth Year, 𝔅eater
User Image

At last, that breath that boiled hot in his lungs, burning him, had finally sifted into the open world with a long, and terribly sad sigh. His features were quite crestfallen as his friend had voiced both their thoughts aloud. Dominic knew that everything, all of it, was true. No matter what, there really was no way to have both. Not really.

He’d always been taught that a strong leader does not ask which they can have, but if they can have both.

Sadly, he saw no way to achieve this. Then again, he was always ruddy at chess anyways, and this was sort of like that. Planning moves ahead, calculating the opponents plot and upending it in every way.
”I dunno mate, I think we’re both kinda screwed.” He admitted, almost forlornly. ”But really, you’re the only heir… I mean, they can’t just toss you aside; but then again, you don’t have any cousins or uncles do you?

“My brother’s supposed to inherit everything, but I don’t ever see him getting married, or having kids—or even snogging a girl if he had the chance. Gabe’s always been loony. Blimey, looks like our best bet’s trying to convince them, and just about everyone else in the past has been wrong.”
Incredulously, he waved his arms for dramatic effect as he finished, but then he shook his head and sighed again.

”But, at least we have that small window of bliss where they don’t know yet….

“Hey, wait a minute—just what the hell do you plan to do to even get Marina to talk to you again? Didn’t you say you mates’ last encounter wasn’t exactly… er… perfect?”

╔═══════════════════╗
Outside in the Courtyard
With Damien
╚═══════════════════╝

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:50 pm
Damien Warren Edgeworth
Slytherin // Fourth Year // Montague Castle // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // Dominic
CURRENTLY FEELING // Passionate
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I'm not going to let my bloody parents decide my life... look how unhappy they both are with their lives... I'm not going to be like them.'
CURRENTLY// single // crushing // loving

User Image

Damien sighed a little. He was the last of his line, the very last person to carry the Edgeworth name. But, his name would still carry if he were cut out, right? And who did his parents have to leave anything to, anyway? He was literally it; unless they decided to donate it all to some charity, which he didn't see happening. His mother wasn't the giving type, and his father was far too critical of such things. Not that it really mattered; he didn't need the money. He wasn't like a lot of the wealthy children. He didn't spend and spend and spend, he didn't have his servants wait on him hand and foot. He mostly kept to himself, read. He knew how to cook his own meals, something Brownie had taught him long ago. If he lost everything, so what? What did it all really matter, anyway? He hadn't earned it; he'd been born to it. He'd never agreed to the terms of his life. They'd been decided for him. And honestly, he wasn't okay with that anymore. He snorted. "My mum almost died giving birth to me; they won't have another child, even if they can learn to get along again. They've got no one and nothing to give all their wealth to. And even if they did... I'm tired of being forced to live up to expectations I didn't decide on for my own life. If they... If my father can't accept my decisions, then that's his problem. I don't... I don't care anymore. I can handle being poor, being without. I can't handle being unhappy. Not anymore. Feeling like a source of shame because I wanted to make a friend my own age, because I thought someone else's life was worth as much as my own. I'm tired of it."

When Dom brought up that he and Marina weren't on the best of terms, he winced a little. He had a point... But he could fix it, right? Surely she couldn't have stayed mad at him all summer... right? He looked a little hopeless. "She... she's a reasonable person, right? We... we can talk about it. I can apologize... or grovel." Typical. Of course, the first time he liked a girl, he'd end up begging her for forgiveness before the relationship even started. Bloody hell.

User Image

(( OOC: ))

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:06 pm
Disguised as a
smile, well

I had it all
But, not what I wanted

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Fourth Year, 𝔅eater
User Image

He ruffled his hair, trying to ignore the struggle that was thickening all around, trying to ignore this fighting will for now. All at once, he wanted to scream. He was worried, he was torn, but now he was just… furious. He clenched his fists as Damien continued on, and it took everything in him not to curse to the world. He wanted to agree, because he was tired of it all too. But there was one distinct difference that he couldn’t deny—he didn’t want to lose his family. His mum and da were strict, overbearing, and practically ridiculous, but he did love them; they’ve only ever showed him kindness… When they weren’t lecturing him, anyway… And his brother… As much as the prat had annoyed him, he couldn’t really picture a life without being able to see them for dinner every night. Without waking up to his mums home cooked breakfast on Sunday mornings before they’d pray at the chapel.

He couldn’t believe that his own family would make him choose between them, and his own happiness. But the worst part was, they didn’t know, and they’d never have been able to guess. It would shock them, he knew, before it would anger them… but in time….

”Oh, for God’s sake, mate, you can’t do that!” He laughed as he shook his head, playfully punching his friend in the arm as they walked closer and closer towards the quidditch pitch. ”Just…. Show her you’ve changed. Prove to her that you can better than everyone else expects.

“Blimey, I don’t know how! But… er… I hear girls like flowers?”
He shrugged his shoulders, his face scrunched up as he struggled to help. Damien had already gone through so much, it didn’t seem fair.

╔═══════════════════╗
Outside in the Courtyard
With Damien
╚═══════════════════╝

You'd make your way in
I'd resist
you just like this

So, I did it myself

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:50 am
La Famille Montague

User Image

”Mum… Da’… you wanted to see me?” Dominic halted at the mouth of the arched doorway, and inside, he could see them seated side by side at the end of the hall on the raised dais platform. There wasn’t even any food on the long table to convince himself that this might not be so bad. When he’d received a nod from them both, gingerly, he meandered towards them and as he did, he passed ancient familial tapestries and portraits hung up on the walls. It was his father that had beckoned him to take the first seat on the left.

”It’s come to my attention that your mother has the wildest beliefs that you are, in fact, dating young Miss McHalen, the daughter of Maggie McHalen… is this true?” He had paused, eliciting no need to mention the muggle father that had been murdered alongside her mother. ”My last speculations had been of the sweet Miss Blake, what happened to her?”

”……” It was a trick question, he knew it. His lips were shut feverishly as his bright blue eyes darted back and forth between his mother and his father.

”Dominic.” He growled a warning, eyes narrowed to slits, but still, Dominic hadn’t said a word. ”Fine, hand over your key.”

”Wha—“

”Your vault key, Dominic. I’d have it now, if you will.” Charles deep voice grumbled in his throat. The young boy shifted uncomfortably from side to side, but before long, his fingers fished in his pockets and dropped the rustic key to gringotts bank upon the table. ”Mon fils, what happened? Why are you doing this?”

”…….” He didn’t know what to say, any word that potentially drifted into the open air could, and would be used against him. He’d seen his brother fall for the same trick a hundred times, he wouldn’t fall victim to it too!

”Mon amour,” his mother began softly, almost genuinely. ”Talk to us, ‘ve only vant to help.” She leaned forward, a hand on the table had reached for his, but, he pulled away.

”No, I have nothing to say. You won’t listen to me—“

”Dominic! That iz nonsense! We are listening to you—“

”No! Mum, you’re not listening to me, you never do. You already chased off Gabriel—he’s so scarred he’ll never get a bloody girlfriend. Now you’re going to thrust me in the shadows and hope nobody sees me? You realize the family name will stop with me, right?”

”……No, it does not.”

”…….you’d really let one of my cousins take claim?”

”They’ve proven their worth to their family, I’m sure your cousin, Phillipe, would be—“

Fine, then take him.” Dominic rolled his eyes, it was hard not to feel the swell of fire burning in his belly, or the worm that ate away inside of him. He wanted to puke. The grind of wood raged behind him as he pushed his chair back and rose to his feet.

”Dominic…” His father warned him slowly, but he didn’t listen. The young boy stole forward and forced himself, step after step. ”Dominic if you lea—!” But the door closed behind him and the two adults were left in a cold sweat. ”Burn his broom, send an owl to Alexander and Belle, best ought to send one on to Gabriel too. I’ll owl the ministry and have them disconnect our home from the floo network…”

”Do you think it is wise to push him so hard, mon amour?”

”What choice have we?”

”They are young yet, mon amour, if we try so desperate to separate them, it will be in spite they stay togezer, but, if we let ‘im come to his own decision…”

”No, I will not compromise the sanctity of our family name for another of his phases, if he has any hope to stay on the quidditch team, he’ll listen. If not….

“We’ll send him to Durmstrang.”

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:24 pm
Montague Brothers

User Image

This had to be the longest week of his life. With the door barred shut and every inch of glass curtained, he’d spent just about every moment of his time lying in that bed. The first day had been, rough. His first instinctive after that discussion with his parents was to fly—and his broom was right where he left it, splintered in two butchered halves. The shed out by the quidditch field was locked in every way possible, and the owls even seemed to be against him. He’d written a new letter every day, hoping maybe, maybe the owls would just forget. But it was like his father had forbade them from even being near him! Any time he went into the owlery, the screeched death, and scattered, leaving nothing left but floating feathers.

Eventually, the letters piled up high on his desk until the wind shifted and they all scattered to the floor. And his mother had the keenest silence about her as she slid in his room to clean the mess, throwing each and every unopened letter into the rubbish bin where she implored upon herself to drown under a cup of cold forgotten tea until they were too stained, too wet to read or even pry apart.

He even began to wonder if his parents felt guilty, to prod him every day into trying to do something. But he spared them no mind. He slept during the days, refused to draw open his curtains to the sun and was up all night mulling about in his mind. At some point during the week, he’d heard talk of them sending for his brother, but, he’d never actually really expect them to do it.

Asking for help was so very unlike them….

”Dominic…. Dominic, have you even heard a word I just said?” The sound of Gabriel’s stiff and monotonous voice had finally penetrated through his defenses.

”Hmmm..?” Lethargic, his voice wavered dimly, until the sound of sliding metal had spurned his ears and the blast of bright, orange light hit him in the face. ”Bloody hell—close the curtains, you git!”

”Honestly brother, I expected more of you.”

”Dammit, Gabe, not now,” Dominic groaned, he wasn’t sure if he could take it. When his eyes finally adjusted to the light, he realized it was almost dusk… Gracie would be waking up soon, wouldn’t she?

”You can’t truly believe I’ll acquiesce, can you?” His brother tilted his head with a knowing matter of fact look. ”Now come down for dinner so I can finally lea-“

”Gabe!” It struck him all at once, and he bounded up from under the sheets in last week’s slacks. ”You’ve gotta let me use your broom, please. And I need you to send a letter-!”

”Now hold on, I never said I would assist you in conspiring agains—“

”On Merlin’s bear—Gabe! You owe me! What about that time you told Da’ you won the competition for polo a couple years ago? You really want me to go down memory lane and have him dig around for the newspaper article that doesn’t exist? Or what about the time you broke mum and da’s only trophy of them togethe—“

”What! You were the one who broke the trophy!”

”That’s not how the house elves’ll remember it……” Dominic smirked, he knew his brother was cornered. Not only that, but the older boy was a coward, he knew he’d never be able to own up to an old and forgotten mistake. No Montague can.

”Fine, Dom, but you’re not hanging this over my head again, blimey. Arre we clear?”

”Crystal.” Dominic nodded, and for the first time since he’d been home that summer, he smiled. That act alone seemed to put an ounce of comfort in his older brother.

”Good, now—hurry up and write that letter so I can send it, and for Circe’s sake, take a bleedin’ shower if you have any plans of leaving on my broom. Here, accio broom, and take some galleons too, you won’t have long before they notice, and they’re gonna find you. They always do.”

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:21 pm

With a flutter of wings an owl dropped the large letter and envelope on the Stoop of the House Hold. It landed in front of the door with a loud and satisfying Thump.

The Outside of the Envelope read in an elegant script:
Montague Family

Quote:

Dear Montague Family,
User Image
The Ball will be occurring during the upcoming summer and will be open to the members and their guests:

Charles, Mary-Louise, Gabriel, Dominic.

Please send back an owl to the Brighton Estate with your acceptance or your denial as soon as possible.
Child Care will be available.
We hope to see you on our day and evening of dance, feast, and enjoyment.
~ The Brighton Family

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:02 pm
La Famille Montague

User Image

Begin Scene, One Week into Summer

”Dominic.” The elder man stated with such a feverish cold tone that the young boy almost felt a chill rise and crawl up and down his spine. He’d always seen his father like this around bitter company—but it’d never been directed toward him, not really. There was a crisp, folded scroll of parchment in the fingers of the older man. Dominic couldn’t even begin to guess as to what it could be. ”Your OWL’s have just been delivered….

“An A in Astronomy, unacceptable.”

”Uh..” Dominic blinked back the colorful choice of words that burned in his throat. He shot a glance to his mother, who, for the most part, had been a shadow in the background behind his father. ”—I really don’t care. I’d drop out of the damn school this summer if it wasn’t for Grace—“ The shocked expressions were priceless.

”No. You’re going to Durmstrang.”

”Oh God damn—“ He rolled his eyes.

”Dominic!” His mother practically shrieked. ”Ve do not say ze Lord’s name in vain in zis house!” Her rapid, emotional speech slurred with her French accent.

Dominic, however, didn’t seem bothered. ”I’ll be seventeen next year. I hope you realize that. The trace, everything, it’ll be gone when I’m in school, next year. Two months after school starts, so-! I won’t be here much longer, don’t you worry ‘bout that.

“….Oh, and I’m going to Diagon Alley to get some bloody supplies, and… well, yeah, that’s about it.”
                              He shrugged and turned his back to them. As much as he would have loved to see his father’s jaw drop, he needed to hurry and send an owl off before he left.

”No! Dominic! Get back here!”

”Oh and thanks for the galleeeeooooonnnssss!” Dominic’s voice hollered down in a singsong voice as his footsteps thundered up the stairs.

Both mother and father blinked. Galleons? Mary turned to Charles with a poignant frown on her features. Immediately, they both realized what had happened. They’d been robbed by their son. They’d been disregarded. Ignored! Their blood boiled. But they knew he was right. Whatever they were going to do, they needed to do it soon.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:53 pm
Disguised as a
smile, well

I had it all
But, not what I wanted

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Sixth Year Vice-Captain, 𝔅eater
User Image

”Ughh,” Dominic growled irritably as he lurched up the stairs, skipping a step with every jump until he reached his bedroom infused with the essence of wind and air. He felt a flight as he walked in his room, the soft plush carpeting was white as snow, and he could see the world clear as day outside his glass walls that had been enchanted into the castles stone structure. Bare feet slid with the comfort of the white wool under his feet as he crossed the room and reached his desk, his stationary all still intact. It hadn’t taken long for the boy to write a whimsical letter, hoping against hope that it would reach Damien in time for him to join him at Diagon Alley.

After all, it’d been too long since he’d had the company of another friend, of anyone really, except Grace. He’d hardly seen her at all during the school year, though, which was a little upsetting, the more he thought about it. He snatched up the parchment, folded it and tucked it into an envelope and sealed it shut with the wax imprint of the letter M. Then he tied it to an owl and watched as the wings flapped away in the distance. How far was the Edgeworth Manor from here? He had wondered as he set his gaze across Wales. Soon, he’d depart to shower, and then he’d race up to the hearth and floo to Diagon Alley; hoping against hope that his message wasn’t intercepted.

End Scene
╔═══════════════════╗
Height: 5’7” ☣ Weight: 143lbs ☣ Age: 15
About to Floo to Diagon Alley
╚═══════════════════╝

You'd make your way in
I'd resist
you just like this

So, I did it myself

Essy ze Ninja