Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Shop Owner Basics and Information (Must Read) (DA) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:55 pm
heather030595
Hello, my name is Nicolas Hawthorn

I will be working at Slug and Jiggers Apothecary

How did I get this shop? Well... I came across it while exploring the area. It looked so rundown and depressing, so I decided to take it under my wing! I easily attained the deed and started the rebuilding process. A little TLC and several buckets of paint later, the new Slug and Jiggers Apothecary was ready for business!

The things I love about this shop are being surrounded by plants and other things of that sort, being able to meet new people all the time, the chance to work hard, that I get to work in the same place as my wife on occasion, and it's convenient location.

The things I despise about this shop are the days when I have no customers, when noisy kids come in and don't respect my merchandise, when anyone disrespects my merchandise, for that matter. Also, when my employees don't work to my standards, and when my son runs through the shop when he's hyper (you just don't even want to know. O.O).

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Most of the plants sold in the store are grown in my family's personal greenhouse at my home in Upper Barnton.

Accepted by Kakatary  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:18 pm
Akureikami
Hello, my name is Jinhai Lei

I will be working at The Golden Lotus, a tea shop

How did I get this shop? Well...
The space above my dear Austin's shop was going unused. As we are living in a small cottage on his grandparents estate we talked about to do with it. It was my cousin who suggested turning it into another shop, a tea shop to be precise. He joked about bringing the orient to England but I thought it was wonderful. It's taken a lot of work converting it but it's finally done. Now just to hope people like it.

The things I love about this shop are
- Having Austin's shop right below so he's always close
- The view out the windows, it's wonderful to see so much of Diagon Alley
- Getting to run a place of my own
- Bringing a part of my old home here to my new home
- The floors, such beautiful hardwood

The things I despise about this shop are
- The stairs, sometimes I hate walking up and down them so much
- Rowdy customers, I always feel I'm bothering Austin with them
- Chinese jokes, they seem to have come out ten fold since I opened the shop
- Cleaning, seems to take forever up here
- The kitchen, it's not big enough!

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you!
This shop would be located directly about the Lilting Lyre and Sir Spazalots agreed to it.

Accepted by Kakatary  

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:18 pm
Yukina101
Hello, my name is Lochland Ellis

I would like to work at Slug and Jiggers Apothecary

+ Around potions all day long
+ It's helping me with my mastery
+ Good flexible hours for me to experiment
+ Away from my parents and allowed to live on my own
+ Potions! 'Nuff said!

- Kids coming in and messing with stuff (Except Teddy, he's pretty cool...and I suppose his sisters are alight)
- People who assume they know everything about everything in the shop
- Expandable boxes
- Dragon hearts...*shudder*
- The back to school rush

Hired!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:45 pm
Sir Spazalots
Accepted, go here for more info. And Please go set up your shop ^^

Hello, my name is Natasha Dean

I will be working at Eeylops Owl Emporium

How did I get this shop? Well... I started working here after I graduated from Hogwarts. I have been here for 26 years altogether and when the previous owner retired, 7 years ago, he handed my the deed to the shop. I've been running it since.

The things I love about this shop are The number of Owls, there are that I can care for. I love taking care of them. I also have begun selling my own recipe owl treats there and they are selling fast!

The things I despise about this shop are How Dark it is in there. It bugs my eyes when I close for lunch.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! We will hold an owl up to 72 hours if you request a specific one but cannot buy right away. That Owl is moved to the back room until the requester pays or the 72 hours are up

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:57 pm
Hello, my name is Nastassia Ellis

I would like to work at The Lilting Lyre

+ I'm surrounded by musical instruments
+ The owner and his boyfriend are a-freaking-dorable!
+ It helps with my Musical mastery
+ The smells of the tea shop above it are wonderful
+ Discounts!!!!

- People coming in and touching the expensive instruments
- People banging on piano keys...especially the high noted ones
- Unpacking some of the heavier instruments
- Being reminding of my lack of magic by some...enthusiastic patrons
- Unwashed spit valves

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I would love t be able to give lessons to patrons on any number of the instruments I already play.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:16 pm
Yukina101
Hello, my name is Nastassia Ellis

I would like to work at The Lilting Lyre

+ I'm surrounded by musical instruments
+ The owner and his boyfriend are a-freaking-dorable!
+ It helps with my Musical mastery
+ The smells of the tea shop above it are wonderful
+ Discounts!!!!

- People coming in and touching the expensive instruments
- People banging on piano keys...especially the high noted ones
- Unpacking some of the heavier instruments
- Being reminding of my lack of magic by some...enthusiastic patrons
- Unwashed spit valves

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I would love t be able to give lessons to patrons on any number of the instruments I already play.

You are hired!  

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:18 pm
Hello, my name is Gerald and Jarai Ellis

I will be working at Loch and Key Inn and Pub in Loch Lomond

How did I get this shop? Well... My wife, Jarai, and I built this business from the ground up. With hard work, a dream, and a monument of loans hehe.

The things I love about this shop are Owning a business had been our dream since we graduated from school, Jarai and I, and when we heard of an establishment in Loch Lomond we jumped at the chance, even while we were pregnant. In fact, when we bought the establishment we named our first born son after the area, Lochland. Having the Inn allows Jarai to do her love of cooking and my love of...business ownership in the shape of a pub. Our kids have grown up in and around the business so it's also a way to spend time with them and allow them to learn how to work and view a successful business. And if we can do a quick game of quidditch or rugby while there, then who am I to stand in the way of progress? I'm a people person, so running an Inn and a Pub in the middle of a small wizarding tourist town is an amazing way to meet new people and get possible business connections. In fact, we have one in Hogsmeade with this guy who runs a hair salon but I don't wanna get into that...

The things I despise about this shop are Health Inspectors come by once in a while with their Ministry badges and their limey oily faces and it never fails that one makes me want to wring their limey necks. I also despise when drunks get into fights in my bar and cause me to have to resort to violence, and I do detest violence. Jarai however does not, hehe. I also hate to clean messes that could've been cleaned but the snobby tourist expect us to clean because we have no apparent lives. But right at the top of my list is Quidditch season, not just to be clear I love the game and the season, I despise the fact that practically everything I hate about running a bar is in constant stream for months out of the year.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! The Ellis Inn and Pub is located in Loch Lomond, Scotland and attracts all sorts of life. It mostly attracts wizard tourists from all walks of life but we do get the odd squib here and there. Also, every once in a while my daughters will agree to give a small concert in the pub and play their instruments for us. It's a great way to increase gratuity, especially on a slow night.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:23 pm
Hello, my name is Quinton Kyriaki (going to move profile back to family section soon)

I will be working at Ollivander's Wand Shop

How did I get this shop? Well... I have been always very good at making wands. For the longest time I have been an apprentice to the best of the makers. In the past few years I had seemingly grown on one that worked at Ollivanders and had much influence over the current owner. That owner had become recently sick and needed a successor and my teacher recommended me. When I got here I instantly fell in love with the place. The ambiance, the smells, everything about it was incredible and I had to have it!!!

the delicious smells of the different woods
the dusty,earthiness
how quiet it can be
seeing the children receive their first wand

Nothing at all

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I make my own wands. So when business is slow I am usually in the back working on them. Other then that I will browse the shelves and look over the work of my previous masters. Occasionally I will just sit and stare at the wall. I am not very social so I tend to not do much. If I get really bored I will pick up a good book to read.  

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:20 pm
Yukina101
Hello, my name is Gerald and Jarai Ellis

I will be working at Loch and Key Inn and Pub in Loch Lomond

How did I get this shop? Well... My wife, Jarai, and I built this business from the ground up. With hard work, a dream, and a monument of loans hehe.

The things I love about this shop are Owning a business had been our dream since we graduated from school, Jarai and I, and when we heard of an establishment in Loch Lomond we jumped at the chance, even while we were pregnant. In fact, when we bought the establishment we named our first born son after the area, Lochland. Having the Inn allows Jarai to do her love of cooking and my love of...business ownership in the shape of a pub. Our kids have grown up in and around the business so it's also a way to spend time with them and allow them to learn how to work and view a successful business. And if we can do a quick game of quidditch or rugby while there, then who am I to stand in the way of progress? I'm a people person, so running an Inn and a Pub in the middle of a small wizarding tourist town is an amazing way to meet new people and get possible business connections. In fact, we have one in Hogsmeade with this guy who runs a hair salon but I don't wanna get into that...

The things I despise about this shop are Health Inspectors come by once in a while with their Ministry badges and their limey oily faces and it never fails that one makes me want to wring their limey necks. I also despise when drunks get into fights in my bar and cause me to have to resort to violence, and I do detest violence. Jarai however does not, hehe. I also hate to clean messes that could've been cleaned but the snobby tourist expect us to clean because we have no apparent lives. But right at the top of my list is Quidditch season, not just to be clear I love the game and the season, I despise the fact that practically everything I hate about running a bar is in constant stream for months out of the year.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! The Ellis Inn and Pub is located in Loch Lomond, Scotland and attracts all sorts of life. It mostly attracts wizard tourists from all walks of life but we do get the odd squib here and there. Also, every once in a while my daughters will agree to give a small concert in the pub and play their instruments for us. It's a great way to increase gratuity, especially on a slow night.

Hired!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:26 pm
ElegantVictiorainRose
Hello, my name is Quinton Kyriaki (going to move profile back to family section soon)

I will be working at Ollivander's Wand Shop

How did I get this shop? Well... I have been always very good at making wands. For the longest time I have been an apprentice to the best of the makers. In the past few years I had seemingly grown on one that worked at Ollivanders and had much influence over the current owner. That owner had become recently sick and needed a successor and my teacher recommended me. When I got here I instantly fell in love with the place. The ambiance, the smells, everything about it was incredible and I had to have it!!!

the delicious smells of the different woods
the dusty,earthiness
how quiet it can be
seeing the children receive their first wand

Nothing at all

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I make my own wands. So when business is slow I am usually in the back working on them. Other then that I will browse the shelves and look over the work of my previous masters. Occasionally I will just sit and stare at the wall. I am not very social so I tend to not do much. If I get really bored I will pick up a good book to read.

Hired!
Note: Please edit your profile to the current skeleton. Since this was posted before the big change requests, it is accepted. :3  

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:33 pm
Sir Spazalots
Sir Spazalots

Hello, my name is Natasha Dean

I will be working at Eeylops Owl Emporium

How did I get this shop? Well... I started working here after I graduated from Hogwarts. I have been here for 26 years altogether and when the previous owner retired, 7 years ago, he handed my the deed to the shop. I've been running it since.

The things I love about this shop are The number of Owls, there are that I can care for. I love taking care of them. I also have begun selling my own recipe owl treats there and they are selling fast!

The things I despise about this shop are How Dark it is in there. It bugs my eyes when I close for lunch.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! We will hold an owl up to 72 hours if you request a specific one but cannot buy right away. That Owl is moved to the back room until the requester pays or the 72 hours are up

Hired!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:45 pm
Sir Spazalots

Hello, my name is Alicia Alvern

I will be working at Daily Prophet

How did I get this shop? Well... I worked my way up in the company! From a Reporter to the Head! Now as the head it's only obvious I run the offices.

The things I love about this shop are the smell of freshly printed newspapers, the knowledge we obtain, the archives, the workers, Gossip sections,

The things I despise about this shop are False Stories, it's to small!, the smell of the archive room, smell of the owl room, to cluttered in some areas

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:26 pm
Hello, my name is Robin Riedson

I would like to work at Olivanders Wand Shop

The things I love about this shop are helping young witches and wizards find their wands, my boss, making wands, the quietness, the smells

The things I despise about this shop are the dust, the occasional misplaced wand, not being able to make my own wands (yet), the occasional difficult wands, the messes of the pillows

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I am studying wandlore under my boss.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:00 pm
Sir Spazalots
Hello, my name is Robin Riedson

I would like to work at Olivanders Wand Shop

The things I love about this shop are helping young witches and wizards find their wands, my boss, making wands, the quietness, the smells

The things I despise about this shop are the dust, the occasional misplaced wand, not being able to make my own wands (yet), the occasional difficult wands, the messes of the pillows

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I am studying wandlore under my boss.

HIRED  

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:48 pm
Hello, my name is Shamus Sever)

I would like to work at Whizz Hard Books

The things I love about this shop are I love books, Writing, being in an office, behind a desk and getting only bothered with business,

The things I despise about this shop are I hate crowds. I hate people that look at books as a chore. Most children customers. I dislike chatting. I dislike flowery story's and foolish writings.
Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I wish to be an editor.  
Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff