Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Chalmes Whitethorne's Flat Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:13 am
User Image
Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Sweet at Chalmes and Chris' Flatspace
CURRENTLY // loving Chrisspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Chrisspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Amusedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Why is the idea of him cooking for me so funny?' spacespac

❀ ❀ ❀ Love me tender, love me long, take me to your heart.
For it's there that I belong, and will never part.
❀ ❀ ❀
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceAdalaide fought the urge to laugh at how nervous he seemed. What had gotten into him? It'd been a long time since he'd acted so nervous around her, and she couldn't for the life of her figure out what was causing it. She focused her thoughts on that, figuring it was probably a safer train of thought than the other path her mind seemed inclined to take, the one that was telling her to tell him nevermind on the food and try to get him to kiss her more. After ages of chaste kisses, most of which had landed on her cheeks or the top of her head, that greeting was proving to be quite the distraction. She crossed her legs, suddenly unusually conscious of how short her dress was. Of course, she'd chosen it on purpose, hoping for just that reaction... but he seemed to have something on his mind, and she didn't want to distract him from whatever it was. After all, the only bad thing she could think of him wanting to say was that he wanted to break up, and after that kiss, she really doubted that was the case. She did chuckle a bit as he sort of half apologized for the meal. "I'm sure it tastes fine," she assured him, standing to head over to the table, sitting down, her eyes trailing him, amused. The topic of his own meal came up, and she shrugged, her brow wrinkling in confusion. "Why would I mind?" she asked, not really understanding. It went right over her head that his feeding habits might bother some people. She hadn't ever known him when he wasn't a vampire, after all, and blood didn't make her squeamish in the slightest. Of course, the connection between blood itself and vampires was what made most people uncomfortable, but this didn't occur to her. She hadn't ever been around him when he'd had a meal before, but it wasn't like she'd deluded herself into thinking he ate food. Besides, if she was bothered by what he had to do to live, she wouldn't be dating him.

spaceWhen the plate was set down in from of her, she smiled. It smelled good, at least. "Thank you," she told him, the situation making her heart pound. He'd cooked her dinner. He didn't have to, probably had known he didn't, and he had. It struck her as oddly romantic. She took a small bite of the pasta, smiling. "And it tastes fine, so don't worry about it," she told him with a laugh, taking another bite. It wasn't quite the best she'd ever had, but it was hardly awful. Better than the one time her father had tried to cook the same dish, definitely. Although she wondered if maybe her brain was telling her it tasted better than it did just because she was so choked up over the fact that he'd cooked for her. Not that it mattered if that was the case.

spaceShe watched him carefully as he sipped from his glass, trying to pinpoint what he was thinking and coming up with nothing. All she could get off of him was that there was definitely something on his mind... and that whatever it was, he was stalling, especially if his attempt to make conversation were to be considered. She shrugged again. "I dunno. I don't think it's really sunk in yet. Probably will come September when Lyv heads back to school and I don't, I guess. As of right now, it's not all that different from last Summer." Adalaide glanced down at her plate, now half empty, and turned from the pasta to the salad. When she looked back up to him, her expression was thoughtful. "Not having to worry about exams is pretty nice. Not having to worry about job interviews is nicer, though. If not for the fact that I hadn't realized what Jason was doing when he hired me, I probably would've clammed up and started stuttering like a twit." Adalaide would always be grateful for the fact that the man had just quizzed her over plants and asked if she wanted a job. Had she actually gone in with the intention of getting a job, she was pretty sure she'd have made a complete fool of herself. She didn't exactly have the best social skills. "How've you been? I mean, I know we talk and all, but..." She trailed off, not really sure how to finish that thought. She tilted her head a bit. "You know, that seems like an odd question to ask your boyfriend," she said with a small chuckle. It really did; sort of impersonal, like something you asked a relative you hadn't seen in a while and weren't really close to. "Okay, forget that one. What're we doing tonight? Or did your planning for this one go about as far as our first date?" she asked, teasing him over the fact that he'd had absolutely no idea what to do the first time he'd asked her out. It wasn't like it'd turned out to be a bad thing. That night had gone well enough, after all. She'd gotten a boyfriend out of it. Though she did wonder why he'd asked her over to his place rather than out. Not that she minded; after not seeing him for a few months, she wanted nothing more than to have him all to herself... her mind flashed back to the kiss he'd greeted her with, and she found herself thinking that she'd be perfectly okay if that was all he wanted to do all night. Or, if that was the starting point... or... She stopped that thought process right there, already aware that her heart was starting to pound. She glanced back down at her food to try and gather her thoughts, aware of a light flush in her cheeks. Oh, he was going to notice that, there was no way he wasn't going to... that made her flush harder. If he asked what she was thinking, she'd die from all the blood in her body rushing to her face, she just knew it.

❀ ❀ ❀ Love me tender, love me dear, tell me you are mine.
                                                          I'll be yours through all the years, till the end of time.
                                                          ❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:24 pm
User Image
                                                  There are many things that I would
                                                  Like to say to you
                                                  But I don't know how

User Image

════════════════════════

Dʀᴀɢᴏɴ Cʟᴀɴ Lᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ || Tᴡɪɴ || Eᴅɪᴛᴏʀ ғᴏʀ Wʜɪᴢᴢ Hᴀʀᴅ Bᴏᴏᴋs

════════════════════════

Chris shook his head, glad that at least Ada wasn't grossed out by his feeding habits. Then again, she might not be because it was him. If she found him, say, in a dark alley feeding off of a person,. that might be a different story. He did vow to make sure he rinsed his mouth out before he kissed her again. His mind stuttered to a halt, trying and failing not to go to that one thing that had been driving him nuts the last year. He'd been a perfect gentleman, really, he didn't need to do anything of the sort. Only problem was, his mind kept drifting into that territory, and now it was getting harder and harder to stop it. He blamed his indefinite teenage hormones, quite certain that being turned as a teenager didn't help for any sort of control over those. His face grew warm, though, thinking along thise lines, and he busied himself with a drink from his cup before Ada noticed. Maybe she'd equate the blush with him recently feeding? Maybe? "Thanks. I'm pretty sure that you can thank Chames for that. He helped by tasting everything first. I'm getting better at smelling each dish and figuring them out though. It's a lot different now that I well, don't have that good of a sense of taste."

He listened to her describe her summer thus far, and well, he was glad that nothing catastrophic had occurred. Though he was certain he would be one of the first to know that she was in trouble. It also helped get his mind off of what was going on in his head, at least until she asked about what they were doing that night. Part of him had just planned for a nice meal together and some good talk, while the other part of him wanted to snog her until she couldn't breathe. Which, he might have accomplished that earlier, but he broke it off before it went anywhere. He purposefully shut his mind off from that train of thought. "Well, something to eat, obviously, spend some time together, I guess just be like a normal couple for once." Normal. Like there was anything normal about him. He was probably the antithesis of normal. Unfortunately, the most normal part of him was currently trying to occupy his mind.

He eyed the glass of water he'd set down as habit at his place before he picked it up. This thought train wasn't going away anytime soon, and he swished his mouth with a bit before spitting it back into the glass. He then stepped around the table and pressed his lips to hers again. He relished in the sensation, as it seemed to quiet the small voice in his head hat was urging him to do more. No damn it, he thought. Sure, he and Ada were dating, and yes, they were both adults, but that didn't mean that she would appreciate that happening to her. His hands found her waist as he deepened the kiss, trying to keep them right there, not travelling to other places. His own telekinesis, on the other hand, had decided to act up, levitating the two of them up about a foot from the ground, or in Ada's case, from her chair.

════════════════════════

State: Embarassed
                                                  Taken By: Adalaide Blythe
                                                  OOC: ...

Because maybe
                                                  You're gonna be the one that saves me
                                                  And after all
                                                  You're my wonderwall

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:29 am
User Image
CURRENTLY FEELING // Amusedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Why is the idea of him cooking for me so funny?' spacespac

❀ ❀ ❀

spaceAdalaide giggled a bit. "Oh, your poor brother!" she exclaimed, hand going to her mouth. She wondered if that was why Chalmes had seemed in such an awful mood, but then, she didn't know him very well; maybe surly was his default. "Please tell me you didn't poison him trying to cook for me," she teased, brown eyes bright and playful. She did hope he knew she was playing, though. It wouldn't be very nice of her to say something and make him think she was being mean. She blamed Michelle in part; being best friends with such an abrasive girl had made it so that she pretty much thought a normal conversation between friends involved at least a bit of snarky back and forth. She didn't really know if Chris was used to that side of her... although, she supposed he should be. It wasn't like he lacked experience with it, after all. But, she knew he'd been nervous over the food, so she did worry that maybe it wasn't the right thing to joke about.

spaceShe almost snorted at his declaration that he wanted them to have a normal date. She was oddly torn on the subject. On the one hand, they seemed perfectly normal to her... but then, it wasn't like she had ever been in any other relationship to compare this one to and see that it was abnormal. And, his vampirism and her being a witch certainly seemed to tip the scales more towards strange. "You know, you say that, but aside from the masquerade, I think our dates have all been pretty normal," she said finally, shrugging. "And the masquerade wasn't even a date. We just both happened to be there. We barely even knew each other at the time." She would forever be incredibly grateful that he had been present, actually, considering that he'd been the one to protect her. She didn't even want to consider what would've happened if he hadn't been there. Of course, Michelle would've probably taken care of her... but Tay had been pretty intent on taking care of Michelle, and she wasn't sure if his weird sense of loyalty extended to her.

spaceWhen he kissed her, she smiled against his lips, hand going to the back of his neck. Was that what he meant by acting like a normal couple? If so, she was more than happy to oblige; there were far worse ways to spend an evening. She'd expected him to say something about watching a movie or something like that, was fully expecting to just curl up on the couch with him and talk. But, if he'd rather kiss her, she wouldn't complain. She returned the kiss enthusiastically, and after a moment, something... shifted. She pulled back, breathing heavily, and glanced down in amusement. "Uh, Chris..." she said, wondering if the sudden awareness that they were floating would bring them crashing to the floor. Although, who knew, maybe he was doing it on purpose? She couldn't fathom why he would be, though. She giggled a bit, leaning in and pressing a kiss to his lips, and then, feeling a bit impish, another to his neck, the hand on his neck tangling in his hair again, the other sliding to his chest. Her head laid on his shoulder, and she bit her lip. Tonight might turn out to be quite nice after all... not that she'd ever doubted him. She just hadn't been expecting to spend their date snogging. Then again, she hadn't expected him to cook, either. Tonight was just full of surprises, she thought, feeling rather excited at the thought. Another kiss to his neck... well, whoever had said she had to behave herself, anyway?

❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

Gah, and you were worried about HIM.

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:06 pm
User Image
CURRENTLY FEELING // Calmspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // '...That was unexpected...' spacespac

❀ ❀ ❀

spaceAdalaide lay, curled up against Chris, feeling a bit breathless. That... hadn't been quite what she'd thought he had in mind for the evening. By a long shot. Not that she minded... actually, now that she was able to think straight enough to consider it, she was pretty sure that she preferred this to anything else they could've done. Her hand was splayed on his chest, fingers lightly tracing a circle over his heart, and she stared at it, expression mostly unreadable, a faint smile on her lips. It was so strange to her, that there was no heartbeat... his chest was still, except when he decided to breathe. Her other hand propped her head up, fingers tangled in her blonde locks, the remnants of her braid a tangled mess. She inhaled sharply, and flushed, burying her face against his chest, lips curving into a wide grin as she tried to think of something to say... because really, what did a person say after... after that? Her arms wrapped around him and a leg curled up over him, and she noted how cool his skin felt... it felt nice, she thought, against her own skin, which was so warm it felt almost feverish. Her eyes closed and she breathed in deep, feeling at once both incredibly close to him and unnaturally shy. She bit her lip lightly and glanced back up to him, cheeks pink, eyes wide and wild. "...Hi," she said simply, and then her nose wrinkled and she ducked her head back down, giggling. Another sharp inhale, this time just an excuse to smell him, because really, he smelled very, very nice. It was actually just him right now, too, not his clothes or any cologne or anything like that. Just Chris... her heart thudded hard at the thought. Her arms reached up around his neck, and she pulled herself up and pressed her lips to his, then to his cheek, and then another to his neck. Her nose wrinkled, eyes amused as she did this, thinking on earlier... she couldn't be sure, but she thought that the first kiss there had been what had done it. He'd been a (mostly) perfect gentleman up until that point, after all, telekinetic mishaps aside. Well, she thought, if that's what does it... she'd have to remember that. Could come in handy again, after all.

❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

Time skip from previous scene, because >.>;;;;

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:53 pm
User Image
                                                  There are many things that I would
                                                  Like to say to you
                                                  But I don't know how

User Image

════════════════════════

Dʀᴀɢᴏɴ Cʟᴀɴ Lᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ || Tᴡɪɴ || Eᴅɪᴛᴏʀ ғᴏʀ Wʜɪᴢᴢ Hᴀʀᴅ Bᴏᴏᴋs

════════════════════════

Chris's mind was blissfully blank after what he would consider a pretty intense event with Ada. His head was pillowed by one arm, and the other was loosely wrapped around her waist. He couldn't believe it, and surreptitiously looked over Ada again for probably the hundredth time afterwards to make sure he didn't hurt her. He winced when he noticed the small bite mark on her shoulder though. He hadn't meant to, and considering that well, he wasn't human any more, it just made him feel awkward about the entire thing. Thankfully, he didn't feed, and had good control there. However, he hated the fact that he just hurt her. He felt her gliding one finger around in a circle on his chest, over where he knew his heart was, but also knew it didn't beat any more. Just one more oddity in the list of oddities he had experienced in his time as a vampire. He felt her shift slightly and a small smile rose to his face as she greeted him. This was perhaps the one reason he loved her so much. Just the small things she did, really, that no one else probably would notice, but made his heart sing when she did it. He chuckled slightly as he realized he was waxing poetic in his head. "Hey there yourself. Comfortable?"

His other arm moved from behind his head and wrapped around her, drawing small circles at the small of her back. He could probably lie with her forever like this, he mused, but knew that eventually they would have to move to do one thing or another. However, he kissed her forehead, then moved down to her lips as she kissed him back. He certainly enjoyed this part, just lying here, even if he had felt like a bumbling fool earlier. Nothing, not even his brief time as Arachnid's partner had prepared him for this. Which, now thinking about the elder vampire, had Chris flush crimson and realize that he was keeping that from Ada. He wasn't sure how Ada would take that news, and he himself wondered briefly if it was because of the grief he'd felt at the loss of his mother that caused him to have a momentary lapse in reason. This, however, was much better than that. He could probably fall asleep like this if he let himself. Well, if he could while the night was going on. More towards dawn, and it would be a different story. "So, I just realized that one of us has to move eventually, but I'm not exactly sure if I want to yet. You?" A small grin wormed itself onto his face as he said this, and the immortal teenager in him had a field day mentally with the various activities they could do while in his bed. He really ought to try and think of something else.

════════════════════════

State: Embarassed
                                                  Taken By: Adalaide Blythe
                                                  OOC: ...

Because maybe
                                                  You're gonna be the one that saves me
                                                  And after all
                                                  You're my wonderwall

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:05 pm
User Image
CURRENTLY FEELING // Calmspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // '...That was unexpected...' spacespac

❀ ❀ ❀

spaceAdalaide watched him, unable to keep the silly little grin off her face, and noticed his eyes briefly land on her shoulder. She fought the urge to brush her fingers over the bite mark, to acknowledge in any way that she'd noticed him looking at it, because she was fairly certain it would lead to an exceedingly awkward conversation... because while she was sure that, like every other aspect of his vampirism, it made him at least a little uncomfortable... she'd liked it. And there was absolutely no way she was saying that out loud, because if she had to, she might die from embarrassment. Because... well, his being a vampire and biting her was perfectly normal (at least, she was pretty sure it was), but she didn't quite know if her... reaction was. It wasn't exactly a bad thing, she supposed, since he was, in fact, a vampire, and probably likely to do it again, but... yeah, not a conversation she wanted to have. Especially not right now.

spaceWhen he asked if she was comfortable, she nodded, then giggled a bit as he began tracing circles on her lower back, mirroring the ones she drew on his chest. "Incredibly," she told him, wiggling a bit to snuggle up closer to him. Actually, she'd quite like to just stay here, snuggled up to him, talking or... well, not talking, for the rest of the night, and then just... fall asleep. She did wonder for a second if that was a viable option. It did sound rather lovely... but she didn't exactly want to crawl out of his bed later on in the afternoon and have to face her dad when she got home. If she'd known what she'd be doing tonight, she might've at least attempted to cover with her parents, but as it stood, they just knew not to wait up for her. They were still expecting her to actually be home at some point. Ah, well. It was probably for the best, since she was a miserable liar, but it did somewhat put a damper on her plan to just distract him long enough that he wouldn't mind if they both passed out at dawn. Of course, just because she was in his bed now didn't mean he wanted her to stay over, anyway.

spaceShe blinked as he spoke, wondering if he could read her mind (even though she did actually know he couldn't), and then shook her head. "Who has to move? I'm good," she said jokingly, although she knew that, even in some bizarre universe where they both didn't have jobs, and she didn't live with her parents, and neither of them ever had anywhere to go, eventually, they would have to get up for some reason or another. Food, for one, or blood in his case, since she was pretty sure that he couldn't just feed off of her for eternity (and wouldn't even if he could, even if she would let him... which she wasn't quite sure on the subject of, actually), showers and other issues of cleanliness for another. Brushing that thought aside, she kissed him again, then buried her face in the crook of his neck, sighing blissfully. Alright, screw logic; she just wanted to stay here forever. His arms were quite a comfortable place to be, after all. In all honesty, she thought that he might have to kick her out if he wanted her to leave, parents be damned. Next time she was coming over to his place, she'd definitely have to come up with some sort of something to tell her parents so they wouldn't expect her home.

spaceAfter a pause, she lifted her head back up to look at him. "So," she said, smirking, "was this just a happy coincidence, you were you bent on seducing me when you invited me over? Not that I'm complaining or anything; just wanted to know if you actually planned out a date." She gave him a perfectly innocent little smile, one which was utterly betrayed by the teasing light in her eyes. She shouldn't tease him, she really shouldn't, not when he was so snuggly and she felt so good and they were in such a wonderful position, but she couldn't seem to help it. Ah, well. Her hand trailed absently up and down his chest; she also couldn't seem to resist touching him, apparently. Well, that was to be expected. And really, he did have a very nice chest.

❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:00 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Single
                                                          Looking Annoyed at Chalmes' Flat with - - -
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Annoyed
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ Where the hell was he last night? ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

Now the story's played out like this; ♟ ♙ ♟xxx
                                                          Just like a paperback novel. ♟ ♙ ♟xxxxxx
                                                          Let's rewrite an ending that fits ♟ ♙ ♟xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Instead of a Hollywood horror ♟ ♙ ♟xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceLes' jaw was set tight as he made his way to Chalmes' flat, fists clenched. Typically, even this show of his annoyance would have been suppressed, but this wasn't a board meeting with his father, this was Chalmes. His friend, who he was allowed to be pissed off at. And, oh, was he pissed off. They'd had plans, after all, and no, they hadn't been particularly important plans, but hell, the guy could've at least called and said he wasn't going to show. Or sent his owl. Why a guy with such a strong opposition to wizard culture had a damned owl in the first place was beyond Les, honestly. But, whatever, he'd keep his mouth shut about the glaring inconsistency. What he would not keep his mouth shut about, however, was the fact that Chalmes had never showed last night at the bar. Maybe getting together and drinking wasn't exactly a top priority, but still. Plans were plans. The only good thing to come out of last night was the fact that he'd been so bloody annoyed with Chalmes that... well, the woman he'd brought home had certainly enjoyed it. Not that he was going to thank the idiot for that. All the muggleborn knew was that Chalmes had better have a damned good excuse for not showing up.

spaceThe former Slytherin rapped a little harder than he necessarily should have on the flat's door, arching a brow as he waited for Chalmes to answer, arms crossed. As much as Les enjoyed hanging around the twins, the both of them could be a complete pain, in their own way. Chris was a sap and had only gotten sappier as the months and his girlfriend's pregnancy had progressed, and Chalmes was a complete hothead, and apparently unreliable as well. It was insufferable. But, hell, it wasn't like Les had very many other friends... or any, really. Alright, so he tended to rub people the wrong way. Honestly, he had no idea why the pair of them had continued to hang out with him. It was an anomaly, to be sure. Then again, maybe they just needed to have someone to hang out with that wasn't each other? Or Ada, in Chris' case. Regardless, if Chalmes was going to make plans to go out and get trashed, he'd damn well better show up. His jaw clenched. He swore, if he found out the idiot had stayed up all night playing video games...

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx♟ ♙ ♟ Nothing's wrong, just as long as
                                                          xxxxxx♟ ♙ ♟ You know that someday I will
                                                          xxxxxxxxx♟ ♙ ♟ Someday, somehow,
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx♟ ♙ ♟ I'm gonna make it all right.

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:00 pm
User Image
                                                      To this world I'm unimportant
                                                      Just because I have nothing to give
                                                      So you call this your free country
                                                      Tell me why it cost so much to live
                                                      Tell me why

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

₴qцїЬ || Tшїи || Mёcнaпїc

════════════════════════

Okay, so Chalmes was pissed. Rightfully so. He'd just had a kid dumped on his doorstep witht he explanation that the kid was a freak and that the woman stated that it was his problem now. Which, of course, meant she stayed only long enough to chew him out and then shove a letter in his face before doing an abrupt about-face and storming off. Of course that left Chalmes staring at a two year old like he was an alien or some kind of two-headed hippogryff. Right now, the kid was sleeping, and Chalmes was at least glad that he was eating real food. Granted, Chalmes had taken him out to eat earlier because of course he didn't think he'd need groceries for two, and was planning on going to the store at the end of the week, which meant he really didn't have much in his fridge at the moment. Sighing, he ran a hand through his hair, trying to figure out just what he was going to do with a two year old randomly dumped on him. It was a good thing it was the weekend, and thus he didn't need to be at work until Monday. Come Monday, however, he was stuck. Well, unless he owled Ada and Chris and asked if they would be able to watch the ankle-biter until he got the kid into daycare or something.

Chalmes heard the knock at the door, and frowning, got off the couch and walked over. He'd been compiling a list that he thought he might need, and was shocked at how unprepared he was for fatherhood. Ruddy hell, couldn't this have happened like how Chris had kids? Deciding to for the moment ignore the list, he stumbled over a toy that Chance had left in the middle of the floor and went to open it. The sight of Les at the door made Chalmes blink. Wait, didn't they...? Oh, hell, they had somewhere to be last night, and he'd completely forgotten. Sighing, he stepped aside, knowing that Les was probably going to chew him out, but Chalmes was too tired at the moment to care. At least Chance wasn't sick or something. He'd be really doomed if that happened. "Okay Les, go ahead. I know I missed our plans and all. You can chew me out now. Just, don't be too loud. Kid's asleep in the other room, and I'd rather not wake him up."

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: And the hits just keep on coming...
                                                      OOC:

This world can turn me down
                                                      But I won’t turn away
                                                      And I won’t duck and run
                                                      Cause I'm not built that way
                                                      When everything is gone there
                                                      Is nothing there to fear
                                                      This world cannot bring me down
                                                      No cause I'm already here

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:26 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Single
                                                          Looking Annoyed at Chalmes' Flat with Chalmes
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Annoyed
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceLes scowled at Chalmes as he brushed past him and walked into the flat, rolling his eyes. "Well, hell, take all the damn fun out of it, why don't you?" he asked dryly, heading straight for the couch and sitting down. "You owe me a drink, so please tell me you at least have some miserable excuse for a cheap beer in your fridge," the Slytherin said, rolling his eyes, crossing his arms as he arched a brow up at the squib. Then, the rest of the man's statement occurred, and his expression grew somewhat confused. "And, wait, kid? Hmph, don't tell me the happy couple is already dumping their offspring on you so they can have date night. I'd have thought Adalaide would still be in the 'no one can touch my babies but me' phase." This was said somewhat bitterly. Les had been by the pair's flat twice since the twins had been born, and both times, their mother had been incredibly perturbed by his desire to so much as look at them. He didn't know what the tiny blonde had against him being around her kids, but it irked him to no end. Though, he realized, Chalmes had specifically said 'him,' and referred to a kid, singular... Him presumably meant Zachary, which begged the question, where was his sister? Or was this another kid entirely? Les didn't recall any other siblings or nieces or nephews or anything of the sort having been mentioned...

spaceHmph, well, that was beside the point. It wasn't why he was here, after all. "So, care to tell me why exactly you never showed last night? Because honestly, if you were a woman and it'd been a date, I would be plotting my revenge for being stood up right now," he said coolly, eyes narrowed. It was only a slight exaggeration. He wasn't really the sort to actively seek retribution for being slighted... but he was certainly the sort to think about what he would do if he were that sort of person. Then again, he wasn't particularly given to making dates with woman anyway. Romancing them seemed like a lot of fuss to go through. Apparently, making plans with Chalmes wasn't particularly worth the bother, either. Never mind that this wasn't the first time they'd made such plans and was the first time he hadn't shown. Les was annoyed; he was allowed to be dramatic. After all, they both knew that the bulk of the reason Les enjoyed their friendship was because any time spent with Chalmes (or Chris, for that matter) was time that he didn't have to spend acting like some stuffed-shirt, moneyed arsehole. Instead, he could be a normal arsehole, which was incredibly refreshing.

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:53 pm
User Image
                                                      Tell me why

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Chalmes rolled his eyes as Les made his dramatic entrance, and the squib closed the door and turned to face him. Well, he wasn't tempted to deck the guy, so he wasn't too annoying yet. He walked over to the couch and perched himself on an arm, scowling as Les pointedly asked him about alcohol. Which made Chalmes blink, and then facepalm. Great, yet another thing he had to think about. "Well, if you want, go ahead and take them all. Not like I'm gonna keep them in the fridge anymore. In fact, probably should use that old fridge of Chris's and keep them in my room from now on. It's safer, I guess." When Les asked about the kid, the scowl deepened, and Chalmes stalked over tot he fridge, thinking he was not going to have this conversation sober. Seriously, not happening. It was bad enough he was in way over his head here, he didn't need to think about the hows of the situation without something to make it easier to swallow. "Yes, kid. Didn't stutter. Chris and Ada didn't go off and have a date night. Hell, I'm not watching those two until they get out of whatever biting phase they're bound to go through."

grabbing two beers out, he tossed one over to Les and sat back down, opening it and downing the first half of the bottle quickly. Knowing that he was leaving Les with all kinds of questions, he sighed and closed his eyes. "Well, turns out Chris and I just have to have so much in common. Birthday, shoe size, faces, hell, he'd be as tall as me if... Well, if he had stayed home instead of being an idiot and running off. Stupid mistakes tops the list now. You know, the kind that leaves you wondering what the hell just happened and whether you could get off the crazy train now or not. I happen to be the proud father of a two year old I didn't know existed until yesterday afternoon. Yay me." He downed the rest of the beer quickly and set the bottle down with a distinct thunk on the table. Yeah, definitely needed more than one drink for this one. He got up and walked over to the fridge again and grabbed out several more, thinking as he did so that well, if he couldn't really keep them in the main fridge, might as well do something with them before he made the official plunge into fatherhood. He stopped only long enough on his trek back toward the couch and looked at Les. "Need another?"

════════════════════════
                                                      OOC:

But I won’t turn away
                                                      And I won’t duck and run
                                                      Is nothing there to fear

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:02 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Single
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Annoyed
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceLes was honestly trying to follow Chalmes, he really was, but the elder twin was leaving him completely and utterly confused. Why in the hell couldn't he keep his beer in the fridge anymore? "Thanks, I'll pass. Like I've got room at my place for this pisswater," he said, unable to resist needling Chalmes just a little. Hell, he was pissed off at the guy, wasn't he, so really they should both just be happy he'd decided not to simply make a complete arse of himself. When Chalmes spoke of his new niece and nephew, Les couldn't help but feel like he was missing something, which really wasn't all that unusual. In fact, it occurred often enough that the Slytherin was convinced there was some big secret surrounding Chris and his kids, and he was bound and determined to get to the bottom of it... eventually. For now, something was clearly up. Still, he couldn't resist poking for just a little information. "Biting phase?" he asked, smirking lightly. "What, are you afraid they'll gum you to death? Or are you just averse to drool?"

spaceIn spite of his teasing, he took the beer gratefully, watching from the corner of his eye as Chalmes downed half his own. "Mate, I know you're not exactly struggling with alcoholism, but maybe pace yourself a bit?" If Chalmes was downing them that fast, something was wrong. It wouldn't do for the squib to get too trashed to speak before he told Les what was up. The worries proved unnecessary, though. Les sipped his own beer as he listened to his friend ramble on. The mention of Chris running off sparked his interest, and understandably so. The younger of the pair had always seemed like the responsible one, accidental pregnancy aside. Then again, perhaps Les only thought this was the case because Chris didn't spend nearly as much time complaining about the pair's father as Chalmes did. He did wonder how exactly running away had managed to stunt the other man's growth, though. Hm... whatever had happened while Chris was 'away' had definitely done something to him. Les had to wonder if it would explain why the twins looked like they had a five year-plus difference in their ages.

spaceAs interesting as all that was, however, it was all filed away in the back of his mind the instant Chalmes finally got around to the point. A two-year-old. Les blinked at the younger man for a long moment, waiting for him to tell him it was a joke or something. Of course, he knew it wasn't, because Chalmes was clearly incredibly perturbed, and hell if that wasn't a damn good reason. "... Yesterday after- hell, no wonder you didn't make it to the bar," Les muttered, finishing off his beer and inspecting the bottle carefully. For all his teasing, it wasn't really that bad of a brew... still, news like this almost certainly required something stronger, now, didn't it? Les glanced up at Chalmes, considering for a moment, then abruptly stood and walked out of the apartment. A crack sounded, followed by a long silence, and then another. He stepped back through the door a moment later, a bottle in hand, and went straight to the kitchen, taking down a couple of glasses and filling them with the deep amber liquid. <******** the beers, mate," he said, handing Chalmes one of the glasses.

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:21 pm
User Image
                                                      Tell me why

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Chalmes ignored Les's comment about pisswater and instead pierced his friend with a look. "Trust me, Zach and Desi will go through a biting phase, mark my words. It'll be long and painful, and hopefully won't leave me dead somewhere. No drool needed." He shrugged at Les's comment about alcoholism and looked at one of the bottles before him, listening to Les's response about his revelation about surprise parenthood. He smirked, his expression filled with humourless sarcasm. "Well, something tells me that taking a two year old to the bar and getting them pissed is probably not a good parenting strategy. Runs along the same lines as abuse or something. Then again, knowing how the mum reacted when she dropped him off, it wouldn't surprise me if she decided to try doing it and that would be why she dumped Chance on me. Also, seriously, Chance? That name's just about as bad as Chalmes! Ruddy hell, my family is really bad at names."

He blinked as Les stood and made his way out of the flat and came back in after a bit. Chalmes was nowhere near drunk, and just frowned as Les fiddled with a couple of glasses at the counter. When he came back to the couch, Chalmes blinked and took the proffered glass and nodded. "Thanks." He took a drink, wincing at the burn but ignoring it since he was determined to try and enjoy something before he had his schedule thrown off completely. "So, here's a question to you, mate. How the ruddy hell am I supposed to be a father when hate my own so much? What's worse, she called Chance a freak. Only reason a muggle could call a kid a freak was..." He paled, realization setting in. "He's a bloody wizard. I thought that squibs and muggles made more muggles, not squibs and muggles made witches and wizards." Oh, he was so screwed, it was ridiculous. If nothing else, his grandfather had to be rolling in his grave. How else would he react to knowing his line had just become completely stained with halfbloods and halfbreeds?

════════════════════════
                                                      OOC:

But I won’t turn away
                                                      And I won’t duck and run
                                                      Is nothing there to fear

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:16 am
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Single
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Annoyed
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceLes couldn't help the curiosity that stirred when Chalmes continued on about his niece and nephew. The squib was oddly adamant about this biting thing. "Chalmes, you're going to have to start making more sense if you want me to keep up. I fail to see how a pair of infants are going to, what, gum you to death? When do babies even start getting teeth? I think you're relatively safe until then, at least," he said, leaning forward slightly. Inevitably, someone was going to say the thing that'd clear it all up. Someone, be it Chalmes or Chris or Ada, was going to let something slip that was the key to putting it all together. Until then, he just had to keep paying attention to whatever they were all saying when they suddenly got evasive. It only ever happened when they were talking about Chris. He wasn't stupid, and he'd have had to be not to've noticed. He didn't know how long they thought the could keep the charade up, but he was going to piece it together eventually. The Slytherin didn't know who'd be the one to drop the ball. He had his money on Adalaide, though. She couldn't lie to save her life and was even worse at changing the subject. He might've already wormed it out of her if not for the fact that in general they didn't get along and she avoided him as much as possible. Unfortunate, given that she was the obvious weak link. But, oh well. It wouldn't be so interesting if it weren't so difficult, right? Maybe he should feel guilty for thinking of his friend as a puzzle to solve, but hell if that wasn't the case.

spaceLes offered a humorless sort of smile as his friend detailed the reason for not showing the night before. He was pretty sure Chalmes had just forgotten, to be honest. If he had remembered, surely he would've sent notice that he wouldn't make it? Now that he knew the circumstances, his anger had cooled, and now he was more concerned about the situation the squib had gotten himself into. He offered a small shrug to the other man. "I dunno, Chalmes. Chance's a pretty common name, I think. And at least neither of you'll ever get mistaken for a girl." Les would take it to his grave that he spent an inordinate amount of time trying to ensure that no one ever confused him for a woman. His wardrobe, while fairly classy, was wholly masculine, and he tried to carry himself similarly. It was also the reason behind his unusual hairstyle (or was it a lack thereof? He could never quite decide). Apparently, people were less inclined to think you were simply an exceptionally butch woman when you were bald. Go figure.

spaceThe offering of the scotch, liberated from his father's not-so-private vault when he'd moved out of the family mansion, was not one Les took lightly. The drink he'd offered Chalmes was older than he was, and extremely expensive. Not that he'd ever say as much, since he didn't really care to brag about it. No need to get cocky, after all. But, he didn't break it out for just any occasion. There were only a handful of reasons Les would ever share this particular scotch with anyone; a wedding (and only if he really liked either the bride or groom), a birth, a death... he supposed this counted almost as a birth, even if the kid was two. Though, this wasn't exactly a happy celebration. When Chalmes posed his question, the former Slytherin scowled, shaking his head and downing his drink. The realization of why the mother might've suddenly abandoned her son on his previously unknown father concerned Les, mostly because of the look of sheer horror on his friend's face. Ugh, he was not the person to be talking to about how to not be a screw-up father. Honestly, he felt like his own dad made Chalmes' look practically like a candidate for dad of the year. He didn't use his kids, at the very least. And wanted what he thought was best for them. Chalmes would argue with that, he knew, which is why he rarely bothered to mention it. He sighed. "I dunno if you noticed, but I'm currently childless. I mean, I could be about as childless as you were the day before yesterday for all I know, but, if I'm a father, I don't know it. And if I did, I'd have about as much a clue what to do as you. Hell, maybe less. I was an only child. You at least had a little sister."

spaceHe refilled his glass, frowning. "As for the kid being a wizard... hell, Chalmes, he's only two. Isn't that a bit young? And kids do weird s**t all the time, maybe he just did something weird. She was probably looking for an out anyway, if she just ditched him on you with no warning. But, at least if he's magic, you know where the hell his magic came from. I'd say if my parents could have a wizard, it's not that far of a stretch to say you could, too. Not that you wanna hear it, but it's not like you can change it. If the kid's magic, he's magic." He watched Chalmes carefully for his reaction to that. Now would not be the best moment for the younger man to lose his temper, but honestly, Les wouldn't put it past him. The squib didn't exactly have any warm fuzzy feelings in regards to magic. Half the time Les was surprised he was willing to be friends with him, just because he was a wizard. Of course, it helped that he was a muggleborn, and worked a muggle job, but still. The idea of being suddenly saddled with a magic kid was probably eating him alive. Honestly, Les didn't know what to tell him; he didn't know a damn thing about kids, not really. Enough that he could be left responsible for one, sure, but not for more than thirty minutes or so. He was no help in this regard, as much as he might wish otherwise. Unless he was willing to ask someone in his family, Chalmes was pretty much on his own.

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:34 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Single
                                                          Looking Composed at Chalmes' Flat with Chance
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Awkward
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ I am not meant to be alone with children... ❞

spaceLeslie didn't quite know how this had happened. He'd come over to play video games. That was it; it wasn't so unusual, ever since Chance's entrance into his father's life, the pair of them had agreed that they couldn't spend quite so many nights out. Chalmes had to be a responsible adult. And Les could at least pretend to be one in a show of solidarity. So, somewhat regular game nights had sort of become their norm; it kept them at the house, with an eye on the kid, but still entertained. Les wasn't so obnoxious as to abandon his friend just because he had a kid, after all, especially not given the circumstances. Still, the former Slytherin couldn't help but be a bit weirded out by the presence of the toddler; he'd never really been around children, as much as he liked them when he was. But, being around Chance was different, somehow. Mostly because Chalmes had him paranoid that between the two of them, they were somehow going to royally ******** the kid up. Les did not want to be responsible for any sort of thing.

spaceThat was what was making this entire thing so unnerving. Chalmes, for all his faults and worries, was turning into an at least somewhat decent dad, at least as far as Les could tell. He, on the other hand, was fairly certain that while he was a perfectly acceptable playmate for a young child with their parents supervision, he should probably not be left alone with one. Ever. Particularly not one so young that he was responsible for them. And yet, that was what had happened; he'd arrived at the flat, expecting to settle in for a night of fighting games, as per the norm, and instead Chalmes had told him to watch Chance while he ran to the store for groceries. The squib's promise that it would take 'no more than twenty or so minutes' did not help in the slightest. A lot could happen in twenty minutes. Years from now, Chance was going to be talking to a psychiatrist, and the good doctor would probably trace every awful thing in his life back to this moment... Alright, perhaps that was a tad melodramatic. But, still. He was not a responsible adult. At least, not the sort of responsible adult who could be trusted with children. He glanced at the toddler uneasily, wondering if kids could smell fear. "Uh... so... what's up?" he asked, trying to smile. He knew absolutely nothing about kids this young. If Chance had been four or older, he'd have been fine. But two? He had no idea what to do with a two year old.

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:08 pm
User Image
                                                      A little boy ran to the end of the sky
                                                      With a rag and a pole and a gooseberry pie.
                                                      He cried: "Three cheers for the Fourth of July!??

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Fцтцяё ₴тцdєпт || Half-Бlооd || Tшо Уёaя₴ Оld

════════════════════════

Chance had taken a nap, and was currently playing on the floor with a couple of dump trucks his da had gotten him. The bald guy was back, Les Chance thought, and his da had gone to get gro- gero- well, food, he thought. The little boy ran his truck over Les's foot, making a crashing noise as he did so and toppled his truck over. When Les decided to speak up, he blinked at the older male and smiled. The guy looked uncomfortable, which Chance thought was really bad. So he abandoned his trucks on the floor and climbed into the guy's lap, figuring if the guy wanted to talk to him, they could really talk. He then thought over the question. "Da cewing." A chubby finger pointed upward, and he grinned, thinking that was what the other guy meant. He settled into the guy's lap a bit more, and patted the guy's head. "Why you bald?"

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: He's funny!
                                                      OOC:

He saw three little donkeys at play,
                                                      He tickled their noses to make them bray,
                                                      And he didn't come back until Christmas Day

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff