Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:11 am
And the curse spreads - Ashling, Nagual and Viola

Quote:
Nagual cludded along. Her swelled belly was uncomforable, and making the mare more irritable than she usually was. With every step, she cursed in a strange language. Why was this happening to her? If she had known the berries were baaaaad.....

A twig snapped. Much as she wanted to twist around quickly to see what was there, Nagual only managed a slow turn of her head. When she saw it was only Viola with Kislin riding along, the mare grumbled. "Why are you even here?" she snapped, her usually bright eyes glazed over.

Viola knew Nagual was not feeling too well, so continued to walk over without faltering. "We daren't leave you alone."

The gray mare snorted. She didn't say anything else, just continued to walk awkwardly. All she wanted to do was enjoy the day and forget her swollen stomach.

-It'd been a long while since Ashling had been out and about to play. With all the strange activities going on lately.. the scary men with smoke sticks.. the bad soquili that played mean tricks on others.. Ashling's tiny little two legger had been filled with terror. And as much as he wanted to go, he couldn't bear looking at those scared young eyes fill with pain.

So he'd stayed in the village.. not leaving to play, simply keeping the little one company, finding ways to amuse himself among the two leggers.

But slowly peace had returned to the little indian, her nightmares fading, and slowly her rein on Ashling was slipping once again. And today for the first time in what felt like ages Ashling was free to play as he wished, while Nova hung around the women, watching them weave beads into intricate things.

The world seemed new, the oncoming fall changing the surroundings from what he remebered.. but even time hadn't changed his memories, and as the familar flash of color touched his eyes, his trot was brought to a halt.

It was Nagual wasn't it? That flash of color? Perhaps it was another with her same pattern...? He called out hopefully, a loud whinny to cross the distance between them. -

Nagual heard the call, but faintly. She stopped, lifted her head, and looked around with blurry eyes. Her nostrils flared to try and catch a scent, but failed. The mare grumbled something wistfully.

Viola was nearby Nagual, and finally caught up to the mare. Her sight found the little flutter soquili. He was small, like her! And somewhat the same coloring. Her ears perked towards him, and she tried to learn everything about him without saying so much as a word. Finally, she noticed that he was watching Nagual. Viola turned to the other mare, "A friend of yours?"

Nagual shook her head, her stringy-unhealthy mane flopping, "I don't know... who is it?"

"A stallion," Viola cocked her head to the side, trying to see over the distance. "He is smaller, like me, and with wings. He is also a similar color, but darker.... I cannot tell a whole lot from this distance."

Nagual wracked her failing mind. That sounded familiar..... a breeze picked up, and bit of scent came over. She had it for ooooone moment.... that smelled like... oh who? Pausing, she held tight to the thought, "ASHLING!?"

The mare looked around. She might as well be blind for how well she could see.

-Ever the bundle of energy and excitement, Ashlings ears perked with the faintest sound of his name, before his hooves began to carry him with feverish joy in her direction.

The bright splash of purple at her side drew his attention for a moment, eyes locked on the.. mare?.. as he drew nearer. Already his voice was calling over the distance with childish excitement- "Nagual! Is that really you! What strange and fortunate luck I have! I even have something for...."

-His words cut off abruptly as he found himself near enough to truely see his old friend. The obvious wear and discontent on her body.. her stomach swollen and bloated. Brows furrowing, he slid to a halt a few lengths away, finding suddenly the words didn't want to come out anymore.

What'd happened to his friend while he was gone!? Instead he stood silently, muzzle twisting in a soft frown, body held still as if he were afraid to touch her. The strange curse had taken her over.. hadn't it? Some male stuffed her fat so she couldn't run away... -

Nagual and Viola waited. Mostly, because Nagual simply didn't feel like running up to greet her friend. Her heart was in it, but her body resisted her every move. She was able to lift her head without too much naseaua taking over. Good thing Ashling was smaller; if he was a different kind of stallion he'd be towering over her. "You were saying....?" A small smile broke on her face, the only hint that she was indeed happy to see him.

Viola smirked at Ashling. She didn't really understand how Nagual managed to get so fat -they had eaten the same berries- but she was starting to get used to Nagual 'new look'. "Awww, don't frown like that, it is so not becoming of you!"

"Oh ummm.." -He tried to recover, looking to the flutter lightly, before answering lamely.- "I was just surprised is all.."

-Eyes turning back to Nagual he tried his best to smile despite the scene before him, and finally his eyes dragged away, muzzle rummaging into his mane in hopes that the carrot had remained twisted in his locks, he finally found it, pulling it free with tender teeth.

Holding the large root out for the mare, he spoke simply, the few words he could manage between clenched teeth.- "Fur you"

-He was curious about the little flutter.. heck.. had things been different he'd already have baited the two into playing. But Nagual just looked so.. sad.. and fat, her sparkle from before dulled. Why had she let some male do that to her! Hadn't she promised? Way back when.. hadn't she promised to stay away from stallions so they didn't stuff her fat.

The flutter mare.. had she helped her escape? This was so confusing..-

Nagual stared blankly at the carrot, uncomprehending. She saw the orange morsel, but because she had never seen one before the mare didn't understand what exactly was going on. She couldn't remember that he had promised her one so long ago. It was too much to move to take it... or so her body told her. She didn't want to stand, didn't want to move, didn't want to lie down, didn't want to stay.... why could she get no comfort? At least when she slept Sanika helped with it all.

"Ahhh..." Nagual started, questioningly.

Kislin came forward, to be helpful. He eyed the stallion, seeing if this Ashling understood what had happened to Nagual. Neither of the mare understood it. The small ferret, delicately grabbed the carrot from Ashling, and went back to his mare. Being careful, he dangled from Nagual-An's matted mane, holding the carrot in from of her muzzle.

Nagual saw what the ferret was doing, and stood still, thankful for his intervention. Finally, she took a bite from the carrot.... and felt immediately sickened. He stomach rolled and the mare flinched. "Eeeeerrrmmm...." She dropped her head, that did not feel good.

Kislin frowned, but climbed back on the mare's head to tie the carrot in her mane. He was hoping the carrot might have helped.

Viola frowned as well. She had held her breath while Nagual tried the morsel, and let her breath out when Nagual announced her discomfort. "Well, we tried," she looked as Ashling forlorn. "She hasn't been able to eat much of anything..... only the strange foods that the two-legger makes...."

-He didn't understand it.. He loved carrots! He had been so sure she would too. Oh how he longed to see that face once more.. the happy and delighted look on his friend's face as they hunted berries.

Not the worn and torn creature before him. She was sick... and that was the fault of whatever nasty stallion had kept her prisoner and forcefeed her belly to swell.

Wings fluttering with a soft nervousness, his voice came out strained, obvious worry on his voice, and for perhaps the first time in his life, anger touched him.- "Who is the male that fattened you up so!?"

"I... I'll go tell him he can't have you..." -His voice slowly drifted, if only he knew what exactly lie ahead for him if he actually took up that theat.- "He needs to know that you can't just forcefeed and hold captive mares! Ecspecially not my friends."

Viola looked heart-stricken as she watched Ashling. She could see why Nagual was such friends with him. He seemed so similar to the gray and black mare, and those were the kind of soquilis that when they were sad the whole world seemed more dreary. Though, just like Nagual, the purple mare was just as clueless about the stallion's part in swollen bellies. "Male?" She looked from Nagual to Ashling and back. "I thought she was having a reaction from bad berries."

Nagual tried to smile, but it only came half-way, when she heard Ashling's statement. Her clogged ears only got bits and pieces, but she shook her head. While she did that Viola spoke, so the mare didn't hear anything as to what her companion said. "No, there was no male. I think I had a bad reaction to some berries."

Kislin frowned from his perch and looked at Ashling. He knew exactly where babies come from, and he also knew that berries did not cause some extended waistlines for mares. "We don't know, she won't explain it to us. I personally think it's that dark firey one.... I never trusted him!"

The mare slowly turned her head to glare at Kislin to the best she could. It wasn't as menacing as she had hoped; what with her half-closed eyelids and runny eyes. "Ramoth? Why would he, how could he....? No, he couldn't. It was the strange-tasting berries."

Kislin only shook his head, his frown deepening on his soft face. He forgave Nagual, she was still so young, and pregnant.

Viola took a deep sigh, "But... Nagual, I ate those berries too, and I am not fat." She twirled her head to peer at her flanks. Nope, not fat.

Nagual turned her gaze on to the purple mare, "I said it was the berries!" That was the best she could do to snap at Viola, but since her voice was harsh and cracking it didn't have the effect she might have hoped for.

Viola threw her head in surprise but dropped it in submission. Under her breath, the mare added, "We try not to get her to excited. One time she fainted." The flutter lifted her head again to Asling, "I am sure you know she is not usually like this? The poor thing."

Kislin jumped from Viola's back and to the ground. He ran in his ferret-ish way to Ashling and hopped lightly to the stallion's back. He twirled the dark mane, "I'll make sure she eats the carrot when she's better. And, I'll be sure she gets your... message. You are a good friend." He added a wink, wondering about the stallion and Nagual.

-Ashling watched the exchange between the three, mouth openning from time to time. But always another voice rang out before his could, and he found himself shushing to an uncomfortable silence, darkened muzzle twisting in another frusterated frown. So much information, so many confusing things to sort through. And a Nagual so unlike the one he'd spent days with in the past.

Fidgeting uncomfortably, another wave of guilt washed over him, and finally he spoke, taking his friends word, even despite the protest of the her companions.- "I didn't know berries could do such a thing... That they brought happiness.. not pain."

-He was saved thankfully, by the sudden pressure on his back, and he offered a mild smile to the ferret's offer, and a nod.- "I hope you feel better soon..."

-Wings fluttering with soft uncertainty he wondered if the ferret was perhaps.. trying to get rid of him. If he was inadvertantly getting Nagual 'too excited'. Oh how quickly his day had crashed..

Silent for a moment, he gave another soft nicker to Nagual, before offering with as much politness as he could manage.- "Would you like company to where you're going? Or... perhaps I should just head back to the meadow?"

Nagual lifted her head. She walked the short distance to Ashling and nuzzled his neck in thanks. Obviously, she hadn't fainted like Viola had warned. What did the younger mare know anyways? In its wake, her nose had left a string of snot. Nagual didn't know what she had done, but did say, "Thanks Ashling!" She tried to smile again, but it probably lost its appearance with a yellowish glob hanging down.

Kislin jerked back, retreating to the stallion's hind quarters. "Oh Nagual, that's just.... " The ferret made a noise, but in his attempt to escape further, he jumped off Ashling and ran to Viola to hide among the mare's wings.

Nagual stepped back in confusion, her eyes a little more runny than they were a moment ago, "What did I do? What happened? Where are we going?"

Viola made a face. It really wasn't a very pretty sight; poor Ashling. He probably won't want to see Nagual again after that. She gave the stallion a half-smile that proved how sorry she was. "We weren't intending to go anywhere in particular, just to get Nagual out for awhile."

-His expression bolstered momentarily, at the tiny sign of the friend he knew that appeared in the brief moment of her own smile. More taken aback by the reaction of the others then the actual 'gift' that'd been left from the mild affection.

His tongue stuck out in soft discontent at the foreign goo, but instead of escaping he simply stood. It wasn't the first time some strange fluid of sickness had gotten onto his coat. In fact it rather ran in the territory of having such a young two legger. Children didn't have the concept of sickness in the way that adults did. In fact.. it was when Nova was sick that she clung closest to the stallion. Letting him carry her around on his back until she fell asleep. He could see it now, the silly little smile on her tiny face as she tried to clean away the mess she'd made on him. The simple "Ewwww" that seemed to sum up and complete the whole experience.

So that was simply all he gave himself, a soft snort, though his tail still twitched softly from the affection that had proceeded the infliction.- "It's alright, really. I needed a bath anyway."

Nagual's drooping ears perked a little. While the other two ran off, Ashling stayed. She didn't quite know what had happened, but that didn't matter. The mare was about to say something when her stomach lurked uncomfortably. Nagual groaned in discomfort and swayed. "I think.... I think I need to rest..."

Viola nibbled her bottom lip. Nagual was regularly tired, but she had never done /that/ before. The small mare didn't know what to do. "Are you okay?"

The swollen one sighed deeply, "I don't know." Slowly, she sank to her knees and lied on the ground. "Just for a minute." Her stomach lurched again ((as one of the babies kicked)).

Kislin jumped back to the ground. He had an idea what was going on. The ferret gingerly touched his companion on the cheek, "Just breathe.... breathe. Deep breaths, Nagual, it'll pass."

Nagual did as the little ferret told her. The feeling passed, but she was still tired. Looking up, she eyed Ashling and then to Viola, "Could you two get me some ferns?" That was one of the she kept craving.

Viola nodded and gave Ashling another look, "And maybe get that.... present off your neck."

-A startled huff escaped the small stallion as his friend faltered, words and sounds of displeasure only making worse the pitiful sight of the mare.

But luckily the others were already tending to it, obviously used to this sort of thing? How long had she been like this? He watched helplessly, trying hard not to show his worry, though his wings gave sign with the tiniest of flickers.

And he nodded dutifully with the request, eyes turning to the uniflutter, as he motioned soft.- "Let's hurry."

Viola nodded her head, "This way, I think I know where there is the kind they've been eating." With that, she turned and walked in the direction she had seen a few different kinds of ferns.

Kislin twitched his nose at the retreating soquilis, "I'll watch over her."

As the walked off, it was heard that Nagual snapped at the ferret, "Don't poke me there!"

Viola snorted and looked at Ashling, "I guess Kislin went to inspect her ankles again. She's very particular about them right now." The mare grumbled in the pit of her throat. It wasn't quite a laugh, but it was close.

They walked for a little while, and then Viola spotted the spotted ferns Nagual liked right now. "Ferns are one of the only things she could stomach right now," Viola spoke to break the silence. "Which is strange, because usually she doesn't like them. She says they're bitter." The mare shook her head and gathered some of the ferns and walked to another bush that had blue-green ferns.

-His ears swiveled as the sound of pain and displeasure touched his ears, but before he could turn, the little flutter was reassurning and explaining, and he gave a limp nod, turning his eyes to try and search the path.-

"Ferns huh?" -They were pretty gross actually, but atleast they were unique, and he knew the kind of places they grew in. Had he needed to find berries for the mare, they'd probably have been out for far longer.

Eyes searching across the expanse for the characteristic pinnas he prodded softly.- "How long... has she been sick?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:43 am
Weirdddddd - Waneta and Will

Quote:

-A wide yawn touched the calico mare before her head dipped down, once more taking a n** at the soft grass beneath her. She wasn't really that hungry.. but she was bored.. so it'd been the best bet, seeing as Imala was off playing for the day.

Tiny little tail twitching softly back and forth she watched the serenities of the day pass her by. It wasn't that these things weren't lovely.. sure they were.. But Waneta wasn't the sort to just sit around and stare at anything. She was the sort to do, to move, to explore. But first she had to figure out what she wanted to do.-

Will peered about him warily. His mind was bubbling with thoughts of returning to the open ocean, with a lovely lass and a pirate by his side.
Wait a minute; pirate? Since when did he like pirates?!
He mumbled angrily about the "bloody pirates warping my mind" while he wandered towards the river, his head dipped low.
He took a quick sip from the water and looked at his reflection. Deep bags had formed under his eyes from the lack of sleep, and he seemed frail to himself. He shook his head. What had the bloody pirates done to him? Was he becoming this hollow skin of a Soquili because of his lack of companionship?
Whatever it was, he definitely didn't like it.

-A very unlady-like snort escaped her, her whole body seeming to sigh. That was enough. Even if she didn't know what she wanted to do.. she needed to do SOMETHING! Even if it was simply to walk around.

Head lifting she glanced about curiously, before finally heading in the direction of the river, young body carrying her along at a soft canter. Perhaps she could splash through the waters. Search for those strange Kelpie's she'd heard about in the legends.

As she near the slowly moving river she quickly bounded inward, the water swelling up almost to her knees before she began to wade through it, eyes kept low to the surface looking for 'clues'. So intranced she was, she didn't even notice the sound of another as she made her way upstream.-

Will peered at the female that had pranced into the water so easily. She should be careful; the Kelpies might get her! Or worse, the pirates may come back and take her!
"Miss!" he cried out nervously. "I advise you to get out of the water, unless you have some specific priority to wade."
He sounded like an idiot. He looked like an idiot. He felt like an idiot.
He waded into the water after the mare, stepping carefully over sharp rocks and disgusting-feeling plants.
"I'm Will," he said to her, smiling like an idiot.

-Her ears swiveled to catch the calls, eyes taking a few moments longer to raise up and greet the stallion that was soon approaching her.

He'd yelled as if her very life was in danger.. and now here he was in the same river.. grinning like a fool? Waneta tried hard not to laugh, genuinely amused. Atleast this was entertaining, this.. strange stallion. Tail twitching as a smile hitched upon her muzzle, she offered back a tentative greeting.-

"Hello Will, I'm Waneta."

-Eyes drifting momentarily back to the water she gave a confident smile, attempting to push aside his worries.- "Thanks for the warning, but there is nothing to worry about. The only thing in this river is little fish and maybe some Kelpie. And I've got a set of strong hooves to keep either at bay."

Will blinked. "I see you've got everything under control," he laughed. "Sorry, I don't necessarily worry about fish and kelpies alone." He glanced about him before leaning in closer to Waneta. "Pirates."
He still sounded like an idiot.
"I'm sorry," he said, backing up and shaking his head. "I have no clue what's gotten into me, being so foolish. This river is much too small for pirates."

"Pirates?" -She cocked her head softly, trying to dig into her mind for the word. But none came, and she gave a nervous little paw at the water.- "I've never heard of them?"

-Clearly they must be awfully dangerous.. if they were so big that they couldn't make it down a river! Her interest was perked, and she awaited an answer curiously.-

Will shook his head. "I do not wish to explain it at this time, I'm sorry. Maybe in the future, but right now... no."
He turned and started wading back to shore, his legs feeling much too heavy to walk. He snorted as a plant stuck to his hoof, and scraped it off on a nearby rock, slicing a little into his hock as well.
"Bloody rocks..." he mumbled, clenching his teeth.

-Okay... so talking wasn't usually as fun as splashing around.. or hunting out Kelpies.. but the strange stallion was intruging.. and now he was keeping some interesting tidbit of information from her.. so she quickly turned and began to follow.

Sploshing along after him tail flicking with general contentment, she paused as he began to mutter and snort, before she pulled up alongside him, offering lightly.- "Didn't hurt yourself bad did you? Maybe you should put some mud on it?"

Will looked down at his leg, a small but steady stream of scarlet blood billowing out behind it in the clear water. He shook his head.
"I cannot feel it, I do not care," he said, then added quickly, "But thank you for your concern."
As he stepped onto the shore, he dipped his hock deep into the grass on purpose; he wanted to at least wipe the blood off, if not stop the bleeding completely.

-Huffing a little, she gave a shake of her ever short mane before following after him once again. As long as it didn't bother him too much she supposed it didn't really matter.

Of course now it seemed like the male was running from her... Trotting foward a few steps, she peered back at him, clearly in higher spirits then he as a soft nicker touched her throat.- "So what is it you were doing Will? Before you came to my rescue?"

Will cocked his head to the right side a little bit. What had be been doing? He did not want to reveal to the female that he had been thinking about the bloody pirates, that would simply not do.
"I was thirsty," he said, so close to a lie that he could almost taste it. He was about to add something else when he saw that his whole hoof was covered in the blood oozing from his hock.
"Now would be a good time to stop that bleeding," he laughed a little.

-Eye's averting softly at his words, down to the injuried hoove, a look of soft irritation touched her muzzle. Stupid rock... She wondered how bad it was, without being able to see much more then the blood that oozed from it.

Offering again lightly, she stepped forward to try and take a look.- "If you put some mud on it and then settle to rest for awhile, the mud will harden up and the blood won't be able to flow anymore."

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:05 am
Wings are over-rated - Ashling and Artemis

Quote:

-A soft sigh of contenment touched the flutter stallion as his eyes drifted towards the skies. Despite his wings, and the freedom it allowed he'd always found himself content with the ground.. and today was no different. Blue sky speckled with white fluffy clouds being tugged along by the wind. Color changing leaves rustling loosely in the soft breeze. What an absolutely wonderful day!

A day to be free, to just run along whereever the wind should guide, perhaps even close his eyes to make the journey that much more exciting.

A loud nicker rumbling from the small stallion be began to move amongst the grasses, azure hooves carrying him in a trot that soon became almost a gallop.-

She would have longed to fly, move about in the sky, though she was stuck to the ground, something she wasn't overly keen on. The skies called to her, the beauty of them. They were just so open, so clear, so... so amazing. There no words for her to explain it.

The mare was just staring at the sky, dreaming yet again. Dreams were her friends, she was so sweet but yet so nervous, oh how she feared meeting people but yet loved it at the same time.

-It was a good thing that he hadn't let his eyes close as he ran. For he'd only made it over one or two rolling slopes before the earthen hued female touched his eyes, a soft snort escaping him at the mild surprise.

A good surprise of course, he loved meeting new people! Slowing himself gently, eyes settled upon the female as she seemed to inspect the sky, he called out, a warm nicker, followed by a few cheery words.- "Hello there! Beautiful breeze today, don't you think?"

She jumped suddenly, looking at the stallion, blinking alot. Another odd looking male, at least he didn't look as odd as the others she had met recently.

"Er.. yes, it is." She stared at his wings, she had seen nothing like them before, "Your wings are beautiful too..." She was transfixed, this was something new to her. There maybe many flutters around but she managed to avoid most of them, unintentionally!

-A smile quickly settled upon his muzzle as the mare slipped from her daydream slowly and pleasantly to him, and he streched out his wings for her indulgantly. He was used to it really, having been the first flutter for many others in the past as well.

And when finally it seemed as if he'd given her a long enough look, he fluttered the delicate little appendages gently, before settling them upright once again.- "Thanks! They're kind of the same color as the sky I think."

-But impatience was tugging at the stallion as he looked up at the mare, it was weird.. how small his species was.. that the mares of other species usually towered over him. It almost made him look more like the colt he no longer was in body.- "My name is Ashling. I was just letting the wind pull me along. What are you doing?"

She nodded agreeing with him.

"Oh I was just admiring the sky, it would be so lovely to fly up there like so many seem to be able to..." She smiled, staring up at the sky that she admired so much.

"Oh, sorry, I am Artemis." She smiled at him, she really wasn't use to meeting strangers.

"Nice to meet you!" -He nodded softly to the greeting, logging the name in his mind as he took in her apparence once more. She would be easy enough to remember. Artemis was a pretty name.. and the one white sock she had was really charming.

Eyes lifting to follow hers he laughed just a little.- "The sky is nice. But I like the ground myself. Much softer, and tastier too!"

"The sky has the clouds.. and the birds.. but the ground has rivers and berries! And lots and lots of soquili." -He nodded matter of factly at his logic, tail twitching to and fro gently.-

She giggled somewhat as he spoke, "Oh you are so strange. How I long to be able to be up there, away from the ground. Soquili come in all sorts, I love them all but you can only see the ones who truely need a friend from in the sky.." She continued to look at the sky, her eyes admiring it as she did so.

"It is beautiful..."

-He gained a soft laugh at her words, not debating her assertion of him being 'strange', stepping closer to try and look up whatever patch of sky she seemed so inrigued with.-

"If I were big enough I'd take you up there, so you could see. But I'm afraid I'm not nearly that strong."

"Perhaps though! Maybe we can find some sort of ridge for you to stand upon? That's kind of like being in the air!"

She looked at him, her eyes lighting up suddenly, "Really?" She smiled.

"A ridge would be great, you should be stronger!" She stuck her tongue out a little playfully. Once she got comfortable around someone she was incredibly playful and sweet, with an innocent, childish aura around her.

"I don't know any soquili strong enough to carry another on it's back in the air." -A soft matter of fact statement, followed by a mirroring extension of his own tongue, before a playful nicker rung through him. It was even truer for the flutters however, with their tiny size.

He racked his brain for the nearest ridge he could think of.. trying hard to recall the area that he so seldomly really payed attention to. But finally one touched his mind. A small ridge that overlooked a valley.- "Hmm.. I know of a ridge around here. It's a little bit of a walk though."

-Trotting forward a few steps he turned to wait for her.-

She giggled a little before following him.

"Do you fly often? I would imagine it being amazing, looking down on others.." She let herself dream about it a bit before she came back to earth.

"OK then, where is this ridge?"

"I suppose I fly a little each day. But I like walking. I could show you if you like." -He offered lightly as he slowly moved forward leading the way that he was pretty sure lead towards the landmark in question.-

"We've gotta go towards the sun. There is a valley and there are a few ridges that over look it."

"Oh please I haven't ever seen someone fly!" She smiled looking overly enthusiastic! Her tail flicked behind her, she wanted to run underneath, it seemed like a fun thing to do in her mind at least!

-Snorting softly, and gave a strong nod before he picked up the pace, trotting forward a few steps. Delicate wings began to move and flutter softly at first, before the speed quicked, up and down up and down, a feverish pace. And when it seemed that nothing at all was going to happen, his hooves slowly began to lift from the ground body drifting upward.

And finally, when his wings found a small gust of air, they slowed to a more comfortable pace, a wide grin plastering his muzzle as he glanced down to the mare.-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:46 pm
Cat and Dog - Felicia and Shigure

Quote:
Shigure snuck away from his home to get away from his crazy family. Kyo and Yuki always at each other's throats, poor Tohru wondering how to make things better. It was truly a mad house and impossible to get a moments peace in his own home. The silence of the land made Shigure smile as the wind blew ripples in his kimono. He eyed his reflection in the near by river as he walked was he really getting old? As Kyo and Yuki liked to call him a "Perverted old man." all the time.
"Perverted Ill agree with." Shigure said with a smile.
"But Im to handsome to be old." Shigure said with a snicker before continuing his walk along the river's edge.

-Softly her kitty claws dug at the grass beneath her. Paw pads moving comfortingly across the cool soil as her claws dug tiny trenches. She was a freak, front hooves replaced with paws like a kittens.. or even worse.. a skin walkers.. But today her thoughts were not on that

Oh no. Today that familar smile lay rest upon her muzzle, and she gaze softly at the river as her voice carried like a gentle melody on the breeze. Oh how she loved to sing, to see the eyes of others more intwined by her face and melody than the bizzare appendages she had. But for today she was singing for herself, both of her tails swaying delicately in pace.-

As Shigure walked further a sound caught the attention of his ears. He stopped in his tracks and perked his ears to figure out what the sound was. A beautiful melody obviously comming from a mare became more clear to him. He closed his eyes and enjoyed the sound knowing the sight of an odd stallion like him would bring this mare's song to an end. Shigure had gotten his fair share of odd stares over the years after all how many stallions wore a kimono?

After a few moments he begain to want to match a face to the voice that had trapped his interest. Walking slowly he followed this voice up river till he came to some trees that hung close to the river which blocked his path but not to far on the other side he spotted the mare that sung so beautifuly. He looked her over curiously he had never seen anything quite like her before. Cat like front paws, ears, and tail , her fur a pale skin like tone like his own yet blushed in a fashion the made her seem so dream like. She reminded him of cosplayers like where he used to come from which sadly his perveted side missed.

He wanted to know more about this strange mare so only after a few moments of watching her sing he begain to try to find his way around the trees without any chance of ripping his kimono.

"Cause everytime we touch, I get this feeling.
And everytime we kiss I swear I could fly.
Can't you feel my heart beat fast, I want this to last.
Need you by my side."

-Her voice faded off slowly as the song ended, and only then did she hear the light rustle of movement, her eyes scanning the area to ty and find the offender. Perhaps it was a tiny animal?

But if it wasn't.. Softly she let a friendly nicker ring through the air, hopefully if it were another soquili they'd take it as a sign that she wasn't one of those mean old Skinwalkers.

Softly she waited for sight of something, or perhaps an answer, giving her mane a shake to settle the violet locks.-

After a few moments he had a clear path around to the mare. Her song had ended and a nicker had followed not long after.
"She heard me it seems." He whispered before nickering a friendly reply. Shigure had not been around when the skinwalkers had made themselves known in this land. He knew nothing about skinwalkers so he didnt veiw her paws as a bad thing in fact he thought they were cute.

He rounded the coner of the trees and faced her with a toothy grin.
""Im sorry I hope I didnt startle you miss, but your singing attracted my attention. It was very Beautiful if you dont mind me saying."

-Cat ears twitching softly with the returned nicker, she waited impatiently for the male behind it, smiling brightly when finally his figure broke from the treeline.

And curiously she looked over the cloth that he had drapped across most of his body, though her eyes returned to his politely as he neared.- "Ohh, I don't mind at all."

-Her eyes shyed away momentarily, before a wider smile faced him, and delicately her cat tail curled.- "I just love singing, and if other people like my singing, that just makes it that much better, don't you think?"

"That it does atleast I suppose, I sound like a dying animal when I try to sing so I dont really know." Shigure laughed abit though it wasnt entirly true Shigure could sing abit, he just didnt think he could.

Shigure had caught her looking over his Kimono, but he didnt mind, it wasnt everyday you saw a fully clothed soquili.
"What Im wearing is called a Kimono case you wanted to know. I know its weird, but its just a Shoma family tradition to wear clothes.Im not sure how it started but its a pretty odd one isnt it." Shigure got this way around beautiful mares he wanted to tell them how pretty they were but he feared that would feel like he was comming on to them when sometimes he just was stating a fact. So he normaly rambled on about other things, which was probly a part of why he was still alone.

"You remind me of a kitten, very cute might I say. I hope Im not being to blunt for you taste miss....Oh dear me I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Shigure Sohma." Shigure said leaning into a a bow he felt abit stupid for not introducing himself sooner.

"I'm sure it's not that bad.." -She mused softly. Growing curious she almost asked him to try, but he caught her off guard with his next statement, and the slightest hints of a flush touched her.-

"I didn't mean to stare really. It's very beautiful though. And it must keep you very warm. But don't you worry about it getting dirty? Or wet?" -Slipping forward, to take a better look at the kimono, she hazarded a soft tap of her nose against the fabric, only to be draw back up with his compliment.

And again her face flushed, a little more brightly this time, both sets of ears laying in back.- "A kitten? No, that's a wonderful thing to be called.." -And though her voice dipped softly in obvious embarrassment, she offered another coy smile.- "Thank you. I think you're quite handsome. Kimono and all."

-Returning the bow with a soft dip of her own head, she began to feel more comfortable, and both of her tails once again started to sway in soft wonder and contentment. What a wonderful person to meet today!- "And I'm Felicia, pleasure to meet you Shigure."

"Dont worry about the stare a soquili wearing a kimono isnt something you see everyday around here. It does keep me very warm indeed. I worry all the time not so much getting it dirty but ripping it. I can get it clean repairing it is alot harder." Shigure smiled as he watched her. He had manged to get away from the singing matter without having to prove himself right.

"Tis a pleasure for both me my ears and my eyes to have met you as well Miss Felicia. Forgive me Miss Felicia, but you act as though you do not understand how pretty you are. Have the stallions around here forgotten to remind you of it?" Shigure wasnt sure but it seemed to him like she wasnt used to being treated in such a manner and he couldnt understand why.

-She nodded softly to his assesment, letting her eyes finally drift away from the clothing, instead to his face once more-

"There is.. a difference between thinking one is beautiful, and being serenaded with the fact so bluntly." -She paused, before adding quickly, almost afraid he'd take it the wrong way. As if she didn't appreciate or want the attention.- "It's not a bad thing certainly. Just something that takes a little getting used to."

"Usually I'm not treated quite so kindly." -She offered a soft smile, before turning from him gently, stepping in close to the stream, to dip her head and drink. Ears still perked upwards to catch any words he might offer.-

"I find it hard to beleave you arent used to it. Where Im from such a mare as yourself would treated like a queen."
Shigure stepped closer to Felicia tilting his head to the side.
"Your not treated kindly?" Shigure found it hard to beleave that anyone could treat someone so sweet anything but kindly.
He suddenly stomped his hoof.
"Show me these monsters that have mistreated you. Ive not known you long, but your a nice soquili as far as I can tell and anyone misstreating you must certainly just need a swift kick to the head so they can think more clearly." Shigure snorted lightly mistreatment of mares was not something he could stand by without doing anything about it.

"I should like to see such a place then," she teased wistfully.

Drinking softly as she listened, Felicia stopping abruptly to giggle at his valiant offer. It was beyond sweet, and charming really. Almost a stranger and here he was willing to fight her fights. But lightly she shook her head, soft nicker sounded as she tried to explain.- "I don't know that they'd continue to be mean to me if they knew what I was.. or rather what I wasn't."

"People and soquili can just act rather strange when dealing with something they don't understand." -She motioned softly to his clothing, before once more turning to face him completely. And stepping closer still she lowered her head gently, peering upward curiously.- "Do you really not know about the soquili with paws like mine?"

Shigure turned away for a moment.
"Well Im never going back there, to many memories that hurt far to much."

Shigure then looked back to Felicia and smiled.
"But Ill treat you as you deserve to be treated and any time you might need help, you can come to me. I cant stand to see mares misstreated."

Shigure raised as brow as she spoke. He understood that humans and soquili didnt like things that were different his clothes had been made fun of more than once, but he didnt understand what anyone would really have to make fun of her about.
"I have to say honestly no, but even if I did and it was a bad thing. I let the soquili do the talking not what they look like." Shigure said with a smile as he looked at Felicia.
"Besides I think the paws are cute, like a kitten."

-Dual ears settled softly downward as she realized that something she'd said was wrong, and she fell silent to his words.

But just as quickly the silly stallion turned once more, smile washing away the somberness of the moment before. And inadvertantly Felicia gave a soft nicker.- "Very valiant of you."

-And at his words, she felt no longer obligated to explain, unless he asked. If he didn't care, then she wasn't going to bother him with it. Oh no. Why bring such a pleasant afternoon down?

Picking up the paws that for once she didn't feel subconcious of, she trotted lightly a few steps around him, smile growing wide as her voice began to sway almost into a melody of words.- "What a wonderful way to live. No wonder I like you!"

-And with a dual tail sway she continued on pleasantly, trying hard to convince him to move along with her as her paws and hooves impatiently pranced at his side.- "Do you live near here Shigure? With other Soquili? Or perhaps.. with the two leggers?"

Shigure nodded what he said was truth he wouldnt let anyone her her in any way.
"Im glad you like me Miss Felicia, I like being around you as well."

Shigure begain to follow her abit of a prance to his step.
"Oh yes near here on a forest edge no humans but other soquili yes. My family, Kyo Soma, Yuki Soma, Momiji Soma,sometimes Haru Soma, and Tohru Honda, she isnt blood, but she has joined our odd little herd.
Im the olderest so I suppose I am the leader of the herd. Kyo and Yuki fight all the time, Momiji acts like a foal when he is not. Haru is insane and Tohru is a quite and polite young woman. How bout you?"
Shigure asked tilting her head abit.

-Her eyes widened softly as the words spilled upon her, ears leaning softly forward to catch each, a small nicker escaping her as he spoke, delighted words following just as soon as he'd finished.- "So many soquili! What a family"

-Lowering her voice just a tad, as if telling a secret, though it certainly wasn't one.- "I'm a bit afraid of the two leggers.. But living in such a large herd must be wonderful!"

-Tails flicking softly in unison she mused softly.- "I live by myself really. No real certain place, just wandering about. Fancy free." -She added the last statement lightly with a smile, as if it made up for the lonliness behind not belonging anywhere. No point in showing that.-

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:49 pm
Angels in the snow - Elarinya and Rudolph

Quote:
The gently wind blew on a crisp winter night. Snowflakes danced as they were carried by the light wind. It was a relatively dark night due to the thin layer of fluffy gray clouds that spread all the way across the sky. The moon tried to shine through the clouds, but only left a silhouette, barely visible to see. A light fog lingered afoot, making it even harder to see on such a night. Trees swayed in the wind, loosening the snow amongst the branches and making it slip off in large quantities. Not any fun for any beings that strays under the trees.

Rudolph walked amongst fresh snow, a light crunch and a jingle from the bells his harness with each step. The snow clumped onto his fetlocks and snowflakes were scattered across his coat. For almost any being, it would be hard to see in such fog cast upon the land, but not for Rudolph. His bright red nose glowed brightly, cutting through the fog, making it much more visible for him. Each step he took was carefully thought out, for he was afraid that if he mistook a step, that he'd accidentally trip over some sort of object. Let it be a rock, tree root, or hole, all he knew is he didn't want to take any chances.

As he walked further down the path, a clearing became more evident. He quickened his pace, glad that he'd get out of the seemingly endless forest. These lands were unfamiliar to him and he was lost, though one can not be lost if they do not know where they are going.

It seems he had stumbled upon a small valley. As he made further in the valley, he would paw at the ground almost every other stride to uncover the snow and make sure he wasn't on top of any frozen lake. No sign of one yet for which he was grateful for. It would be a bummer if he had walked upon thin ice and it was to break.

He then uncovered a small patch of dying shrubbery. Now, dried up dead plants weren't his favorite things to eat, but his stomach growled softly telling him that it might not be a bad idea to eat. It didn't look poisonous. He took a mouthful of the dead plant. It was bland and soggy from being under the snow. A look of distaste could be seen on his face as he slowly chewed and swallowed. It'll take awhile to get that bad taste out of his mouth.

The snowflakes were seemingly starting to feel more and more, heavier. It seems that the snow was turning to ice cold sleet. He was used to cold weather, but he hated sleet more than anything. He trotted back to the forest's edge opposite the direction he came from and found a very large evergreen tree amongst the smaller trees. He thought it'd serve as a decent shelter for now. He looked for a good place spot under the tree. He chose to lay down close to the trunk, a little too close to be exact. His back bumped into the trunk causing a load of snow to topple down from the branches on top of him. He stood back off and shook off as much snow as he could, causing his bells to jingle quite audibly.

-Why oh why did she have to come on a night like this!? She hadn't know what to expect really, on that night of assencion, but certainly not this. This scary and chilling world, as the snowflakes fell harshly around her. It was so so cold, so so lonely, and dark, very very dark. She couldn't see a thing other then the darkness and the quickly swirling white flakes. Elarinya shivered in cold fear.

Her dual wings curled about her body as best they could, shielding as much skin as they could manage, and softly, as her dispair began to rise a soft glimmer of light shimmered as another set of wings extended from the mare, and those too curled around her body.

Maybe she'd appeared in such a nasty place because someone needed help? And softly her eyes lifted, thankfully shaded mostly behind her golden locks. And though she couldn't see, she slowly began to trudge across the valley. Yes that was it. Someone needed help, and she needed to be strong.-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:47 am
Singing in the Rain - Felicia and Mozenrath

Quote:
-Drip... drop. Tiny little balls of moisture fell slowly from the sky, so sparce and inbetween that they almost seemed to be clinging to stay in the sky. They warned of a shower, perhaps even a torrent, but for now they were harmless, just tiny cold sprinkles covering the grass in a soft and shimmery sheen.

The ever-light sprinkle didn't bother the mare however, her front paws taking to the slick grass far easier then her back hooves seemed to. But she didn't even notice the soft slide in her hooves from time to time. Her eyes were on the sky, shaking her head playfully each time a drop hit against her muzzle, soft amused hum taking to her voice. What a fun day!

Rain storms could be fun, but sprinkles were always awesome!-

Being caught up in this small rain shower was not the most pleasant of things that Mozenrath had experienced in his time here. Though it was quite troublesome at times when it turned into vicious onslaughts of torrent rain which would turn to ice and then quite possibly snow. Or just snow completely. The winter times were leaving, but that didn't mean the snow would go just as easily. And with all the freakish weather of this place he wasn't even sure what was suppose to be normal weather.

With a slight grumble, he slid down the side of a small hill. How he longed for the desert. At least there the weather was quite predictable. If it weren't for the item he had in a small package hidden under his turban he most certainly wouldn't have come this far out of his way.

Oh well. You win some you loose some really. The weather isn't something one could control, unless they had the neccisary means to do so.

The feeling of movement underneath his cape caught his attention. Xerxes had buried himself underneath the length of cloth. Measly fox didn't want to get wet. The stallion rolled his eyes lightly and continued on his way.

-Dual tails twitching with soft delight, the greys of the day hid the darker hues from her sight, and as her mind stay locked on playing, and a melody touched her voice, her attention drifted from the things around her.-

"Rain, your powers are astounding
When I lift this shell to my ear
I can hear your voice crying out
Rain, your magic's all around me
When you bring the heavens down
I can fly until I dry ouuu.....!"

-Song coming to a halt as a long nervous yelp escaped the mare, she tried to catch herself from tripping. Only to laugh once more, a pleasant nicker sounding as she caught herself once more, scolding herself.- "What a clutz you are Felicia!"

The sound of someone singing nearby caught the stallions attention quickly. How could anyone sing at a time like this? There was work to be done. Well, at least for him. He never understood why people sang. Who really wants to listen to another squawk out some words to some silly little song? Not him. He had better things to do with his time.

Unfortunatly it seemed whoever it was, was in the direction that he was going. Great. There might be a chance he could sneak by without being noticed. But what was the point in that? He was not afraid of whoever it was. Although....they might stop him to badger the life out of him with questions. He let out a quick snort. His nostrils flaring lightly as he traipsed onward.

-Pausing lightly, her eyes turned to the clouds, squinting just slightly to keep from any rain that might try to sneak up on her. And softly she inspected the clouds, noting the very light grey they carried, and the slow pace they seemed to be moving thus far. It didn't look like bad weather really.. she still had awhile to play. No need for shelter just yet.

No need to head into the forests until the rain began to fall quicker. Giving her mane a little shake, she lowered her head for a quick snip of grass, relishing in the tiny sip of moisture that accompanied the bite. Before she was up once more, trotting in a slow circle as she gazed across the grasses. She wished a foal was around.. someone who would play in the rain with her. As long as it wasn't another of those soquili who thought she was a skinwalker and tried to run her off again. Running and slick ground really weren't the best of friends.-

Keeping a steady ear on all the sounds around him, Mozenrath continued on. Eventually he came upon the small clear of grass that Felicia was inhabiting at that moment in time. The sound of soft hoof beats against the ground gave him the indication that there was, indeed, someone very nearby. And in that instant he spotted the mare.

But....she was strange looking. Nothing like any of the other Soquili he had come across in his traveling across this strange world. She seemed out of place. But then again he hadn't explored the entire area of these Soquili's world so she could just be some strange mutation, or something like that.

Snapping his tail side to side, he decided that perhaps if he just strolled on through like he had seen nothing she would quite possibly not stop him. But on the other hand, she might just catch him and he'd be drug into some casual, or perhaps not so casual conversation. He hoped at least that possibly she had some sort of decent mind in that head of her's.

Throwing all caution to the wind, he stepped out into the clearing and started to casually cross over the slick grass.

-The soft patter of rain and the gurgle of soil shifting below the grass would have kept the stallion safe from even Felicia's cat like ears, had she not been whistfully looking for a foal. But alas she had been, and as her eyes settled upon the cloaked stallion an immediate nicker touched her throat.

He had clothing like Shigure had! What was it he had called that swash of cloth...? A kimono? Maybe this stallion knew him? After all he had said it was a family tradition.

Happy to see another, and eager to ask if he knew the kind stallion she'd met only days ago, she tossed her usual caution to the wind, picking up her paws to trot in the direction of Mozenrath. Calling out excitedly as she did.- "Hello there!"

Crap. She had spotted him. Sigh. Seemed just walking along like nothing was going on wasn't going to work all too well. His ears flicked backwards as she called out to him and he stopped dead in his tracks. Turning his head slightly, he looked at her, his black eyes standing out against his pale face which equally stood out amongst his dark clothing.

A flick of his tail and he had turned his body to face her. "Greetings." He muttered lightly. "And what's a fine lady like yourself doing out here in this type of weather? If I didn't know any better I would figure we were getting a nice storm coming up on us soon. Wouldn't want you to get all wet." Eh, might as well make some small talk. He wasn't about to get out of this anytime soon he figured.

-So far so good! No yells, no rearing. In fact his words were quite pleasant to tell the truth. Polite and eloquant. And of course she was oblivious enough to ignore any discomfort his tone or body might be showing.

In fact her tails twitched in positive pleasure as she settled to a stop a few lengths before the stallion, answering his question in a chipperness unbefitting of the dark day.- "Oh it's not so bad yet. Just a bit of a sprinkle. Refreshing really I think."

-Eyes drifting upwards once more with her words, she mused softly.- "I've been watching the clouds. Once it gets a little darker I'll probably head into the forests. Is that where you're headed?"

He shook his head briefly before speaking. "My destination is the desert. But I believe the rain might get heavier before I reach it. So I will probably need to take shelter in the forest anyway. So possibly depending on how the weather turns."

Black eyes raised towards the sky as he cursed the season in the back of his mind. During the summer it would be warmer and less rain would have been seen. But that time was several months away. At least in the desert when it rained it didn't for very long or it dried up quickly.

"The desert?" -The raise in her voice was almost comical, surprise touching her more then anything else. She knew what the desert was.. having heard vague stories of the barren place. But never in her days had she heard of someone actually wanting to go there!

After all, why would you leave a place so full of life and food and water... for a sandbox? Kitty or not.-

"Hmmmm" -Her eyes drifted upwards to the sky in reaction to his own gaze, and gently she fidgeted her front cat like paws. She was probably going to sound like some silly little philly asking... but you never learned anything if you didn't ask.- "Is it far away the desert? I've never seen it myself."

Mozenrath's gaze fell upon the mare again. A curious look in his black eyes. "It's a fair few days journey from here. You probably wouldn't want to visit it now. The days and nights can be pretty harsh."

He gave his tail a thoughtful flick as he thought about it. Not many Soquili dare go into the desert. It's beauty was over looked because of it's desolateness and lack of greenery. "Besides. If you've never seen it yourself you'd probably need someone to go with you. Its an easy place to get lost in."

-Was that an offer? Whether it was or not, and whether or not she actually WANTED to go to the desert, her thoughts twisted around it softly, dual tails beginning to sway. It wasn't often she was offered company, ecspecially not extended company. And who knew.. it could be fun!

Not to mention that it'd give her a greater grasp of things to sing about, if she'd actually trekked around the deserts on a grand adventure herself! Perking up with soft interest, a nicker tickled her throat.- "Would you really take me?" -Well she'd see now if it were an actual offer!-

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:59 am
Three is a crowd - Elarinya, Glow, and Desire

Quote:
-The day was young, the dew still clinging to the blades of grass that made up this small meadow, nestled in the depths of the forest. The soft twitter of morning birds and rustle of leaves in the breeze the only sound apparent as the mare settled herself in to graze. It was the peace and serenity of the place that'd drawn her too it in the first place.

Rustling her golden locks out of the way, she nipped at the moist grass tenderly, tail beginning to twitch oh so softly with pleasure. Giving her wings a tired strech, she ruffled them, before letting them fall back into place against her sides. What a beautiful morning.-

Glow walked along quietly, the mare listening calmly to the morning. It was sweet and she loved the feeling this morning had. She did not have her normal basket with her. Today she didn't want to collect flowers, she wanted to walk and see the land...explore if you will, the safer, nicer areas. And she was not far from home... She began to hum lightly as she walked.

Desire trotted along happily to himself, humming loudly. What a glorious day! It couldn't get much better! The sun was warm, the grass was cool and refreshing, and there was he song of birds in the hair. What a delight for the senses! Something Golden then caught his eye.
Wow! Never seen a mare like that before! How could she see under all that mane? She looked etherial. Curiousity overcame Desire as he walked up to the strange mare with a little more dignity in his step.

"I don't recall ever meeting you before." he said.

-The angelic mare nearly jumped at the foreign and unexpected sound, ears snapping forward out of instinct as her eyes turned to the sound, taking in the stallion. But as soon as she had taken in the sight her ears slid downwards as she took a subconcious little step backwards, wings tightening their hold on her side.-

"N... no" -Her soft whispering of a voice concluded, face and actions making her seem like the tinest of colts, despite the fact that she was not.- "I don't think.. so."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:40 am
One tiny little thing - Ashling and Kanti

Quote:
-A contented nicker escaped the small stallion as he lazed about the meadow, his favorite of hobbies. Nudging and nosing tiny flower buds, sniffling gently at the few that were already bloomed, he meandered quite slowly, wings fluttering mildly.

Spring! All the new buds and flowers and new life. Green grasses, baby animals. Soon enough the flowers would be producing nectar and the berries would begin to start growing. What a wonderful time of year.

Closing his eyes lightly, he let the breeze slowly tug at his locks, and trail along delicate scents, before he took off once more at his 'task'. Bothering each and every flower in his path.-

The soft breeze rippled across her mane, letting the beads ring with a soft sound. The sun was up, warming the air, giving Kanti a warm sleepy feeling.

It was Spring, the flowers were in bloom, the green grass was tasty (for once), and Kanti was waiting for more apples to appear. She missed the sweet nectar of each little red delight. Even Lilly had run out of her stock that she bore in her teepee.

Letting the drowiness of the warm sun, Kanti laid down in the grass. Taking in nose full of flower and pollen Kanti let out a sneeze.

-He hadn't heard the sneeze as it emitted. But that didn't particularly matter, for without realizing it, Ashling path was already directed at the mare. And his attention was so drawn to the green grasses, and bright wildflower buds at his hooves, that he was only a few lengths away from her, when he spotted her.

Eyes raising curiously, his feelers twitched with soft amusement, that in this position, he was the tinist bit taller than the mare. Before finally he let out a greeting nicker, as not to startle her.- "Hello there! Enjoying the day?"

"Wah!"

Kanti cried out she turned her attention to the creature who had greeted her. He was blue! A small blue creature, with wings! She was expecting someone taller.

"What?....What are you?" She replied as she took a closer look at him. He looked like a soquili, actually he looked more like a smaller version of a soquili even though while she was lying down he was somewhat taller then she, he was still small.

"Oh, I'm sorry... it just that I don't think I've seen soquili like you. And yes I am enjoying the day."

-He certainly hadn't expected so strong a reaction, and he drew back in surprise at her exclaimation. Only to find himself nickering lightly with the admission.- "It's alright. Flutter soquili seem to be awfully hard to come by."

"Other than my own sister, I've only ever met one other fullblood flutter other than myself." -Spreading his delicate wings out gently to give her a better view, he stood dutifully for her inspection, as he was quite used to doing. But he was only silent for a moment, before once more a grin touched his muzzle.- "It is a lovely day! I was out looking at the flowers. And looking for someone to play with."

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:39 am
The Angel and the priest - Elarinya and Abel

Quote:
-Today was a very different day. Instead of hiding as she usually did, happily tucking herself away in the meadows and hills, Elarinya was actually TRYING to hunt someone out.

It wasn't that she was particuarly lonely.. She was quite intent enjoying nature and solitude. But she'd met some really nice soquili by chance.. and after a few days of debating with herself, she decided it was best she try and get over her shyness. However it was harder then she'd imagined, even with noone around. Simply the thought made the feathers of her dual wings shiver delicatey. And her eyes hid protectively behind those golden locks despite her best efforts.

She had to try! She just had to be a little brave.

Traveling slowly across the forest path, she kept her ears turned forward, hunting for the sound of another amidst the regular sounds of the day.-

The day was a beautiful day. The sun was out, shining its bright, warming rays down upon the earth. There were barely any clouds in the sky and a small, pleasant breeze blew by every now and again.

It was a fine day to take a walk down a forest path. In fact, some probably were... just down this particular path, it seemed baron. Actually, besides the wind rustling the leaves in the trees, a few crickets here and there and a few birds chirping, it was pretty quiet.

Speaking of birds, did the chirping seem to get louder? From the once quiet path, the twittering and chittering of a bunch of small birds... a flock perhaps? Just then, a scream rang out from the trees, followed by a stallion being pecked by numerous of birds. "I'm sorry... I didn't know you had your nests in those bushes." He whined, trying to get them to leave him alone.

He didn't even notice the mare that he was heading toward because of his paniced state.

-Elarinya paused abruptly as the scream sounded, eyes widening, and ears flashing forward even more on alert. Someone was in trouble? A male she could tell, but she didn't really have much time to think on it, before her body was dragging her forward, her protective nature seeming to dismiss the shyness before she could fight it.

Hurrying down the path, headed in direction of the obviously angry twittering, she slowed once more as the scene unfolded before her. It wasn't a life or death situation thankfully, and she tried to settle her pattering heart. But she was sure the poor male wasn't enjoying the attention anyway.

Unfortuntely for him however, now that things were as they were, the overly gentle mare was slipping back into her usual timidness. And instead of helping run the birds away, she simply called meekly to them, stomping one golden hoove.- "Stop it stop it! Leave him alone!"

-Smart enough to know that her soft voice and self might not be intimidating enough, she shrank back a little, fretting softly, before gently she began to glitter and shine, another dual set of irredestant wings appearing from her.

She might not be able to stop the birds? But atleast she might be able to stop the pain and calm the stallion? Gently a coat of white magic enveloped the stallion, and though it wasn't much, as the birds weren't really evil enough to allow the true exertion of her powers, it would dull the pecks some, making them more an annoyance then a sting.-

Continuing to run, Abel hoped that he would venture far enough away from the nests, the birds would return to the unprotected eggs. So far... it wasn't working. Well, except for one or two, but that wasn't enough.

The stallion was still not aware of the mare, his head held low so not to get pecked in the eyes. In an attempt to free himself from the bird's 'wrath' he spread out his black wings and brushed them away. Boy, birds were persistant... they just came right back.

It was when he faintly heard the sound of a soft, feminine voice when he looked up and stopped. Wait... why'd he do that? He screamed again when the birds seemed to swarm around him, bucking about to get them away.

Thinking he was going to be pecked to death. Such optimistic thinking. He tucked his head in and closed his eyes shut. It'll be all over soon. Or so he thought. His eyes quickly opened when he didn't feel the sharp pain that he got from the bird's beeks. With that, he brought his head up to see that the birds were still trying to get at him -though some more were leaving- but he didn't feel a thing. He then looked to the mare, who had gained another set of wings. He let out a gleeful squeal. She's an angel and she came down to save me from my torment.

-Concern laced her features as she watched the stallion struggle along, so consumed in the 'attack' that as of yet she hadn't come to question the strange appearance of the male. No, she simply stood her ground.

Until she actually thought about what she was watching. What if she were helping the wrong person? What if the birds were simply paying back a theif, or murderer! No no.. that couldn't be right. She'd just have to get everyone to settle down. Then perhaps she would know.

Stepping forwards a few more steps, she hoped the birds wouldn't turn to her as well, but readied herself just incase they did.- "Shoo birds. Leave him alone. Please.."

His red eyes watched as the birds started to give up and eventually disband from circling around him. When the last one finally fluttered off, the stallion sighed in relief, his body slumping from releasing his tension.

Once calming his nerves, he brought his head up and tossed his mane, causing his 'ponytail' to flop over his shoulder. That's when he remembered the mare with the odd wings, the one that had helped him with the birds.

With that thought, Abel turned to face the mare, smiling awkwardly at her. "Thank you very much Ma'am. I greatly appreciate your help. I was in a bit of a pickle with those birds." At the word 'pickle', the odd stallion thought. Mmm... pickles. How I wish I could get a bite to eat.... possibly some berries. That's when he remembered, that's how he got in this predicament and shook the thought off almost as quickly as he thought of it.

-Relief as the birds began to depart soon changed to that familar little nervousness as the stallion's attentions turned to her. And slowly she let her eyes divert behind golden locks as the transparent wings faded once more.-

"You.... you're welcome.." -A soft sound, barely over a whisper. And after a moments thought, she added curiously.- "Why were they so.. angry?"

-Her curiousity was beginning to get the better of her shyness, and as she waited for an answer she slowly let her eyes take in his pressence. The black and gold wings, the pulled back mane, and the strange something that seemed to lay over his body. What was it? She'd never seen such a thing before.-

When the mare spoke, he tilted his head as his ears perked forward to catch the soft-spoken words. Either she was just shy or he scared her. He wouldn't be surprised if it was the latter, especially with the scene that just happened not too long ago.

At her question, an awkward chuckle joined his smile. "Well, I got hungry while on my stroll. So I checked some bushes for berries. That's where the birds flew out and started attacking me. I'm guessing they thought I was going for their nests." He explained, another embarrassed chuckle escaping his lips.

"O...oh!" -The embarrasment and open chuckle soothed the mare, and before she could think to stop it something of a smile crossed her muzzle, a relieved little nicker escaping her.

He'd meant no harm. And though she'd never run into such a problem herself, she quite understood how protective some of the smaller animals could be. What a strane perdiciment he'd been in!- "So I suppose you scared each other really."

"What a strange thing!" -The exclimation was like one of child, soft awe in the statement as she mulled over the situation. She'd had her share of being scared, but never in her days had she scared anyone else. Intentionally or not.

Seeming finally to notice just how silly and outright she was being, she shifted a little timidly, adding lightly as her eyes once again settled curiously on the stallion's appereance.- "I'm glad you are alright now."

Just like the mare was glancing over his 'attire', his own red eyes were scanning her. He was getting a better look at her since when he first saw her, he was in his paniced state... he could have seen her wrong. But he wasn't. The mare was adorned in multiple feathered wings. Was she really an angel? He beamed at the thought, but quickly came back down when he heard her voice.

"Oh, yes. I'm glad I'm alright as well. Thanks to you My Dear." He told her, giving her a warm smile. "If it wasn't for you, I don't know how long I would be running for." He added before shaking the feathers that rested on him off, watching them flutter to the ground before looking back to her.

-Tilting her head just a bit, she let her golden locks slide forward to half hide her eyes when she noticed his returned glance, dual wings giving a subconcious little shiver.-

"I quite like to help.. It feels nice.. right even." -Was the answer to his thanks, and gently she glanced from the path she came, and then back to him. Her body and fluttering heart told her to go.

But she had been trying to find someone today.. and he did seem nice.. and made her smile.. Silently her head and will tried to fight with her reflexes. Until finally the ebbing of nervousness began to weaken, and her curiousity perked, sheepish smile touching her.- "What is? I mean..."

-She paused, uncertain of how to even explain her question, simply staring helplessly at the many symbols and ornate details that hung from his cloth. Was it a part of him? Or was it something on him? Was the something on him alive? Skeptically she glanced at the way the fabric shifted, feeling that want for flight returning.-

"I will have to agree whole heartedly. Helping others is a wonderous thing and a marvelous feeling." He replied. He looked to his disheveled wings and sighed. He couldn't help but wonder why these types of things happened to him as made to preen at the dark feathers. He promptly stopped though when he thought, would it be rude to just lose interest in the mare and concentrate on his wings... or at least, until they were 'fixed'. He wasn't quite sure, but he didn't want to risk it, so he put it off for now and looked back to her.

It was when he noticed her gazing over his clothing. Was something on me? Did the birds leave a 'mess'? He thought as he looked about his form, then looked back to her, especially at the beginning of her question. With a confused, curious tilt of his head, he asked. "What is it you're trying to ask me, Miss?"

-Indeed she hadn't minded the preening. Though most might have, it was somewhat more comfortable for her to talk when she knew his eyes weren't staring her down. But when he looked up, she wasn't nearly as scared as she thought she would be. Instead the feeling was.. sheepishness? Embarrassment?

"Ahhh.. I" -She drew back minutely at the question, letting her golden strands fall so that her eyes were almost completely shielded from his sight, only the slight hint of blue shimmering through.-

"Your back.. and your sides.. I've never seen.. something like that. It is a part of you?" -It's strange. But she kept that last little bit to herself as she turned her eyes once again to the cloth that adorned him. Ignorant 'child' she was.-

He seemed to have noticed her awkwardness around him, though he couldn't imagine what it could be. Inwardly, he hoped that he didn't say or do anything for her to feel this way toward him, it would be a shame if he unwittingly did something to offend her. Slowly, he backed up lightly, hoping that the slight increase in space between them will give her a bit of comfort.

When she spoke up again, his ears flicked toward her and waited. He tilted his head when she seemed to cover her face. Does she think I'm a maniac? The way the birds were attacking me... He thought worriedly.

The winged male sighed in relief when she finally told him what was on her mind. But it was his clothes? His red eyes scanned over his jacket before looking back to her. "My clothes? I've had these as far as I can remember."

-The added space, and the draw to her curiousity as he explained, albeit vaguely, seemed to do the trick, and Ela's fidgeting settled minutely.- "Clothes..?" -She tested the word on her tongue, trying to find a place she'd heard such a term before.-

-Tail twitching softly, she motioned back at the red ribbon that wrapped around the base of her golden tail, eyeing the black one that adorned his mane.- "Like my ribbon? It's been there since I can remember... but it does come off. Only then I need help putting it back on..."

-Last time in fact it'd been a two legger that'd helped to put it back. Luckily a small one, so it wasn't nearly so scary, and she'd done a good job really.-

"That's neat." -She finally proclaimed, almost like a foal as she nodded, letting her hair slide back once more, as not to completely shield herself.- "What does it look like under it?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:45 am
Are you as bold as you are bright? - Waneta and Yue

Quote:
-She was SOOOOOOO bored! So so so bored. An unpleased snort escaped the mare as she glanced around herself, tiny bob tail lashing back and forth, though it's size did something to hide the intensity.

What was she going to do? It was far too nice a day to just lay about like a log. But at the same time what was there to do? The river mouth was pretty far away, so kelpie 'hunting' was out of the question. And who knew where Will or Imala were. Wasn't it funny how friends often chose the most inoppurtune times to go out and amuse themselves on their own.

Huffing once more, she glanced from the meadow towards the trees in the distance. There had to be something to do. Maybe she could find it in there.-

She bounced through the grass, feeling... excited today. She'd woken up, to a good feeling. She couldn't describe it. Stretching out her wings, she launched into the air, determined to go find something to entertain herself.

As she soared over the measow, she noted a mare on the ground below. Maybe.... they were looking for company? It was easy enough to glide down and land, not too far from the other female, with a nicker of greeting.

-The flutter of feathers hadn't been enough to catch Waneta's attention, but the sound of the nicker quickly turned her direction, and she eyed the winged mare quite obviously.

What striking colors! She looked so different then most of the mare's she'd seen in her life. Hopefully her disposition would be just as bright and bold as her exterior.

Returning the nicker with an exhuberant one of her own, she took a few steps away from the trees and back towards the mare.- "Hello there! I'm Waneta, out enjoying the skies?"

-The mare didn't particular feel upset she didn't have wings herself, but hearing experiences from other people will exciting on occassion. And who knew what kinds of things you could see from the sky.-

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:49 am
You're not so scary - Elarinya and River

Quote:
-Large golden wings splaying out softly, Elarinya slowly made her descent, watching the blue of the sky begin to slip into the green and brown of the trees. A few strong flaps to slow her, before finally her hooves rest once more upon the ground, and delicately she shook her waterfall of a mane, not even attempting really to come out from behind it. Simply to pull herself back to where she was, and become comfortable as she settled into the small clearing. There was nothing like a morning flight, to pull yourself up into the sky high above and simply watch over everything. It was solitary, and yet the wind almost seemed to sing when you were up there.

But Ii was beautiful here as well. The cool morning air and shimmeing early sunbeams. The dew making the grass sparkle. A sigh of absolute bliss escaped the angeni, and soft, slowly she began to wander around the clearing.

Should she eat? Maybe she might like a nap? Or perhaps she was just content enough to watch the day age? Ear and side feathers ruffling softy, she pondered making her way around and around, path weaving around in soft indifference.-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:05 am
Big Bad Wolf - Felicia and Sirius

Quote:
-Felicia was her characteristically cheerful self on this late afternoon, as the sun hung lazily in the sky. And though she was lonely, another quite characteristic thing for the mare, she seemed at the moment not to mind, letting the sound of her pleasant humming keep her company. She was intruiged in fact, how far the soft breeze seemed to be carrying the sound, and her dual tails switched in soft amusement.

Further and further she followed her wind carried voice away from her familar valley. But she didn't seem to notice nor mind. She couldn't possibly have known what would be lurking out and about on a day like this. And from her experience, everything found her a heck of a lot scarier then she found them.-

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100