Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Masters Family Beach House Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:08 pm
User Image

User Image
xx ══════════ ══════════

Lyre felt a bit bad that she couldn't floo, and even worse about her inability to apparate. It really wasn't very fair that James had to transport her all the time. James made a sad comment, and Lyre turned her gaze upon him. He looked thoughtful, yet somehow still wishful. It was amazing to see his thoughts expressed. He was looking at his plate, and that made the cogs turn in Lyre's head. She had to come up with a plausible solution! There had to be something! "What about port keys? I remember reading about them. They work sort of like a floo, except not for a fireplace. Maybe we could get one of those?" She offered a sweet grin, hoping to see that dazzling smile of James' again. It really made her feel good when he was happy. His moods were rather infectious.

James was quiet for a long time, making Lyre nervous. What if he decided she was too much hassle?! She really lived too far away for an easy trip. Heck, they lived in different countries! After she confessed her love and kissed the man, he quickly started to perk up. Good! After a second, she saw that smile.... just in time for him to kiss her. It was more than the ones before. This one made her heart flutter, fireworks light up in her head, and her thoughts to whirl. Oooooh it was wonderful. When they separated, James looked thoughtful while Lyre looked pleasantly dizzy. When he spoke next, her eyes went wide. He wanted her to move in?! Of course she wanted to! Wait.... no? No? Oh! Wait.... What if they got married?! "James, I'd love to move in.... but.... are you asking me to marry you?" Her eyes had tears lining her lower lashes. There was a smile on her face, her cheeks pink with her emotion. It wasn't a second before her mind was perfectly settled. "I'd love to marry you, James. I really, really would." She sniffled, smiling brightly. She pushed herself into James' arms, not worried about the food. It wasn't exactly how she'd dreamed up proposals, but somehow.... it was more romantic than anything else.

══════════ ══════════
𝐸𝒟𝐼𝒯𝒪𝑅 𝒜𝒯 𝒲𝐻𝐼𝒵𝒵 𝐻𝒜𝑅𝒟 𝐵𝒪𝒪𝒦𝒮 x
𝐹𝒪𝑅𝑀𝐸𝑅 𝑅𝒜𝒱𝐸𝒩𝒞𝐿𝒜𝒲 xxxxxxxx

Look around. We’re living with the lost and found. Just when you feel you’ve almost drowned,
You find yourself on solid ground, and you believe there’s good in everybody’s heart.
Keep it safe and sound. With hope, you can do your part to turn a life around.
I cannot believe my eyes. Is the world finally growing wise?
‘Cause it seems to me some kind of harmony is on the rise.

══ ══
Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:29 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxBedroom
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxLyre
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxFocused
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ι'м looĸιn aт y o υ, yeaн, yoυ're looĸιn aт м e xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ѕoмeтнιng a в o υ т yoυ'ѕ goт мe goιn' c r a z y xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ѕo wнaт ѕ н o υ l d ι d o? wнaт c a n ι ѕ a y? xxxxxx
                                                          ѕнe'ѕ в e a υ т ι ғ υ l, υnυѕυal, тнe preттιeѕт т н ι n g xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceJames clicked through the emails in his inbox, glad for the thousandth time that his and Lyre's magic use within the household was minimal enough that his electronics worked. He couldn't imagine how much of a pain in the arse this would be without his laptop. Particularly since he was going about house-hunting via muggle means, rather than magical. It just seemed easier. And besides, magical real estate always seemed geared towards 'this house is behind a very tall hedge' or 'this home is in the middle of an all-magical village', neither of which was particularly appealing to him. Besides, he didn't know of any magical villages located on the Scottish shore, nor had he ever seen a beach house with a large hedgewall to keep others from looking inside. It wasn't as though he was planning on living close to his neighbors, anyway; he liked his privacy. Besides, he had a feeling Lyre would love the idea of a private beach. It meant they were free to do whatever the liked on the property, after all.

spaceFinding the place was proving difficult, though; money wasn't an issue, but he was being... picky. He'd admit it, maybe his standards were rather high. But, this was going to be his home, and Lyre's, and eventually their children's. He didn't ever want to have to move, and that meant it had to be perfect. The seeker clicked one of the links in the message from the third real estate agent he'd dealt with, the first one that had seemed to understand why he was being so demanding. He rather liked the woman; she got him. When he clicked the link and was taken to the home listing, he was even more convinced of that fact. "Luv, c'mere," he called out. He had no clue where his wife was currently, but it was not in the bedroom. Probably curled up with a book somewhere, he figured.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx no one elѕe c o м p a r e ѕ тo yoυ
                                                          xxxxxx jυѕт d o wнaт yoυ d o and ι wιll вe т н e r e ғor y o υ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx ιғ yoυ т a ĸ e мy н a n d, jυѕт g ι v e мe тнe c н a n c e
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx don'т w o r r y aвoυт a т н ι n g, jυѕт dance, dance, d a n c e

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Miss GryffindorK

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:01 pm
User ImageUser Image

𝐸𝒹𝒾𝓉𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝓉 𝒲𝒽𝒾𝓏𝓏 𝐻𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝐵𝑜𝑜𝓀𝓈
𝑀𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒥𝒶𝓂𝑒𝓈 𝑀𝒶𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓈
𝑅𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓁𝒶𝓌 𝒜𝓁𝓊𝓂𝓃𝓊𝓈
════════════════

Lyre had to admit, she was loving the married life. Partly because she got to snuggle with James, partly because she upgraded her lifestyle quite a bit. As it stood, they were in the process of searching for a new place to live. She had been using both the internet and the local newspapers. James had been in contact with several realtors, and that meant Lyre had to talk with them, though she wasn't quite as charismatic as her husband. Luckily for her, they worked well with James' schedule, allowing her to hide at work while he talked to them. She was reading through a client's book and scribbling with her fancy purple pen when she heard James call from the bedroom. She marked her spot in the book and walked toward their room, only stumbling once until she was able to peek in. "You called for me?" She walked over to him and draped her arms over his shoulders, then peeked over to see the monitor. "Is that one of the potential houses? It's very picturesque." She grinned, lovingly pressing a kiss to his cheek.

Tʜᴇ ᴅᴀᴡɴ ɪs ʙʀᴇᴀᴋɪɴɢ, ᴀ ʟɪɢʜᴛ sʜɪɴɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ
Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʙᴀʀᴇʟʏ ᴡᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴍ ᴛᴀɴɢʟᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜ
I'ᴍ ǫᴜɪᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ. Yᴏᴜ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ғɪʀsᴛ ɪᴍᴘʀᴇssɪᴏɴ
Wᴇʟʟ, I'ᴠᴇ ғᴏᴜɴᴅ I'ᴍ sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ I'ᴍ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴍɪɴᴅ
Eᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ ғᴀʟʟ ᴅᴏᴡɴ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs, ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs ʀᴇғᴜsᴇ ᴛᴏ sʜɪɴᴇ
Oᴜᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴀʟʟ ɪɴ ᴛɪᴍᴇ I sᴏᴍᴇʜᴏᴡ ғɪɴᴅ

𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝐼 𝒸𝑜𝓁𝓁𝒾𝒹𝑒xxxxxx
Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:42 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxBedroom
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxLyre
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxFocused

spaceJames had to bite his lips together to keep from snickering a bit when he heard Lyre stumble on her way to the bedroom. Sometimes he wondered if their new place needed carpet, to soften her fall... but then, the texture of carpet might make it easier to trip, as well. Hell if he knew. The woman couldn't walk a straight line on a flat surface without finding something to trip over. He's managed to school his expression by the time she made it through the door, mostly. A small quirk of a smile was stuck to his lips, but then, it wasn't like she'd know the reason. He sighed contentedly when she draped herself over him, turning his head to press a kiss to her arm as she looked at the listing he'd pulled up. "Isle of Harris," he told her with a small smile. "Good sized property, and not bad to look at. If you want to redecorate, obviously we can. Or we can do like I did with this place, and pay extra to have them leave the display furnishings." He smiled at the kiss to his cheek, reaching up to bring her lips down to his. "You can look through the pictures, and if you want, I can email the woman back about setting up an appointment to view it." He handed the mouse over so that she could rest it on the pillow and click through. This was probably the first potential house he'd been sent that he didn't feel like would require compromise. Which, he was willing to do, but he'd like to exhaust all efforts to avoid it first. He was a stubborn thing, after all, and used to getting what he wanted.

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Miss GryffindorK

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:49 pm
User ImageUser Image

𝑀𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒥𝒶𝓂𝑒𝓈 𝑀𝒶𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓈
𝑅𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓁𝒶𝓌 𝒜𝓁𝓊𝓂𝓃𝓊𝓈
════════════════

Lyre grinned brightly when James disclosed the location of the potential house. She wasn't the best with Scottish landmarks just yet, but she knew the Isle fondly. It was the very same isle they'd married on. She looked a bit surprised when James kissed her arm, but reciprocated by snuggling her cheek into his soft hair. God his hair smelled good. It wasn't until James started speaking again that she realized she'd zoned out while cuddling his hair. "So it's plenty big, plus it looks really pretty. If you want to leave the decor, it'd probably be cheaper than going shopping for furniture. That's expensive!" Of course, she knew James had quite a fair bit of money, but she was terribly frugal. She kissed James' lips, a little blush on her cheeks. Half of her wondered if she'd ever get over that little rush of emotions! He told her to flip through the pictures, so she sat in his lap, her feet swinging over the floor. The woman hummed quietly as she searched through, then she turned to look at James. "It's lovely, James. I most certainly want to go see it! We can't let it pass, nope. It'd be perfect for us, and for any little ones we have. Plus, there's room for Dris and Laili to come stay over!" She clapped her hands excitedly, then grinned at her husband. "I'm out of work tomorrow and the day after, if you want to call up and make an appointment. I really like it from the pictures, and it's quite clear you like it too!"

Tʜᴇ ᴅᴀᴡɴ ɪs ʙʀᴇᴀᴋɪɴɢ, ᴀ ʟɪɢʜᴛ sʜɪɴɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ
Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʙᴀʀᴇʟʏ ᴡᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴍ ᴛᴀɴɢʟᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜ
I'ᴍ ǫᴜɪᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ. Yᴏᴜ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ғɪʀsᴛ ɪᴍᴘʀᴇssɪᴏɴ
Wᴇʟʟ, I'ᴠᴇ ғᴏᴜɴᴅ I'ᴍ sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ I'ᴍ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴍɪɴᴅ
Eᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ ғᴀʟʟ ᴅᴏᴡɴ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs, ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs ʀᴇғᴜsᴇ ᴛᴏ sʜɪɴᴇ
Oᴜᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴀʟʟ ɪɴ ᴛɪᴍᴇ I sᴏᴍᴇʜᴏᴡ ғɪɴᴅ

𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝐼 𝒸𝑜𝓁𝓁𝒾𝒹𝑒xxxxxx
Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:37 pm
User ImageUser Image
𝑀𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒥𝒶𝓂𝑒𝓈 𝑀𝒶𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓈
𝑅𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓁𝒶𝓌 𝒜𝓁𝓊𝓂𝓃𝓊𝓈

════════════════

Lyre had had a rather normal day at work, except that her belly was roiling the whole time. She'd ended up staying late, dumbfounded by the absolute ignorance of the book she had been trying to edit. She'd greeted Chris, though wasn't honestly sure when it had gotten dark enough outside for him to roam. A while later Ada showed up, and within all of three seconds... Lyre found out she was pregnant. It was huge, mind-blowing news... and she had to tell James! With a few polite goodbyes, the young woman hurried to a local muggle store. She grabbed a few boxes of tests and used the Floo at work to get home. Before even trying to find James, she holed herself in the master bathroom and locked the door.

After three excruciatingly long minutes, Lyre was sure. Ada, of course, was correct, but now she had a way to prove it to James. She carefully put one of the tests in a little baggie, then hurried through the house (tripping only twice), until she located her husband in the pool. Gods he was pretty... She shook her head and walked outside to the poolside. The test was hidden in her dress pocket, so the woman tried to act casual, even with her racing heart and blushing cheeks. She kicked her shoes off and sat by the edge, dipping her feet in the cool water. "Hey James. Sorry I'm home late... but... erm..." she paused, trying to think of her next words, "I have some very, very big news." There. Plain and simple. Plus hopefully just intriguing enough to catch his attention.

Cara MiaKitty

Wʜᴇʀᴇ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴍᴇɴ ɢᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴅs?
Wʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴛʜᴇ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛ-ᴡɪsᴇ Hᴇʀᴄᴜʟᴇs ᴛᴏ ғɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪsɪɴɢ ᴏᴅᴅs?
Isɴ'ᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀ ᴡʜɪᴛᴇ ᴋɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴜᴘᴏɴ ᴀ ғɪᴇʀʏ sᴛᴇᴇᴅ?
Lᴀᴛᴇ ᴀᴛ ɴɪɢʜᴛ I ᴛᴏss ᴀɴᴅ I ᴛᴜʀɴ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴏғ ᴡʜᴀᴛ I ɴᴇᴇᴅ
I ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴀ ʜᴇʀᴏ! I'ᴍ ʜᴏʟᴅɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ʜᴇʀᴏ 'ᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ
Hᴇ's ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʙᴇ sᴛʀᴏɴɢᴀ ɴᴅ ʜᴇ's ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʙᴇ ғᴀsᴛ
Aɴᴅ ʜᴇ's ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʙᴇ ғʀᴇsʜ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ғɪɢʜᴛ
I ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴀ ʜᴇʀᴏ! I'ᴍ ʜᴏʟᴅɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ʜᴇʀᴏ 'ᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ʟɪɢʜᴛ
Hᴇ's ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʙᴇ sᴜʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ's ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʙᴇ sᴏᴏɴ
Aɴᴅ ʜᴇ's ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʙᴇ ʟᴀʀɢᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ʟɪғᴇ!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:16 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxThe Pool
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxLyre
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxExcited

spaceJames didn't quite know how long he'd been in the pool; the sun had gone down at some point, making the sunglasses he wore completely pointless, but he was too lazy to take them off. Generally speaking, lazy was not a thing he allowed himself to be. But, he felt like he'd earned a nice, long float in the pool, with nothing to bother him, or take up his energy. He had a near limitless supply, but even he managed to get worn out every now and again, and when it happened, his answer was always to float. He liked floating; it was invigorating in its calm, somehow. He might have turned into a horrible prune in the process, but in his mind, totally worth it.

spaceHe might've been asleep, he wasn't quite sure. Lyre's voice drew him from his reverie, seeming rather distant at first, having to cross the vast expanse between reality and his thoughts. James' mind was not a particularly complex place, but that didn't mean he couldn't get lost in it every now and again. He blinked at his wife through the sunglasses, her words coming to him slowly, as if they were struggling through molasses. "News?" he asked groggily, smacking his lips together as he realized how dry his mouth was. Sleeping, then, definitely, and with his mouth hanging open to boot.

spaceIt hit him all at once, though, the realization that she'd said the news was very, very big, and he could only think of one sort of news that would qualify as such at the moment. He tried, but couldn't contain the puppy-dog grin that spread across his face, transitioning from his dopey, half-asleep state to a thrumming wakefulness in the span of a breath. The seeker tried to run towards Lyre, falling off of his float in the process and dunking himself into the water. It didn't deter him in the slightest; James swam the rest of the way to her, pushing himself up out of the pool in front of the redhead, hands on either side of her knees, still grinning like a fool. "Baby?" he asked eagerly, utterly failing at trying to keep his enthusiasm at bay until she said the magic words. Not the most eloquent way to ask, of course, but he'd never been particularly eloquent, and his brain couldn't quite process words well enough to form them, aside from that one. They'd been trying for bloody months, after all! He'd been beginning to wonder if they ought to see a doctor about things. But if she had very, very big news, that news had to be that she was pregnant, right?

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:09 pm
User ImageUser Image
𝑀𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒥𝒶𝓂𝑒𝓈 𝑀𝒶𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓈
𝑅𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓁𝒶𝓌 𝒜𝓁𝓊𝓂𝓃𝓊𝓈

════════════════

Lyre watched her husband float a bit, then groggily ask about the news. She slipped her legs in the water, sitting at the edge of the pool as she waited for it to click. When it did, the reaction was terribly exciting. James fell off his float into the water, but it didn't slow him even a bit. He lifted out of the water in front of her, grinning brightly. There it was. The magical word. His eyes were so wide with his enthusiasm, and in that instant, Lyre couldn't contain her own delirious joy. "Baby! Yes! James, we're pregnant! We're gonna be parents!" She squealed, splashing her feet in the water. After months of trying (a lot, mind you), the confirmation of their pregnancy was cause to celebrate. The redhead leaned forward, pressing her lips into James'. Hopefully he wouldn't get so excited he fainted. She wasn't strong enough to pull him up from the bottom of the pool. Next was to get a doctor confirmation, then tell all the rest of the family.

Cara MiaKitty

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:46 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxThe Pool
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxLyre
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxExcited

spaceAt her confirmation, all thought processes seemed to come to an absolute halt, his entire universe centering on her words. "We're going to be parents!" It was like his brain had recorded the sentence and forgotten how to do anything but replay the memory over and over again. Mind whirring with excitement, he released his hold on the edge of the pool, slipping back down into the water, hands going to her hips. Unfortunately, he wasn't quite thinking, and so he didn't actually wait for his feet to be solid on the floor before attempting to lift her up in his arms. He lost his barely-established footing almost immediately, sending them both flailing into the water with an audible shout.

spaceHe forced himself up for air, choking on the salt water, and went into a brief panic as he grabbed Lyre up and lifted her above the water. "Holy shite, luv, I'm sorry, are you okay, bloody hell I'm a dunce, what the hell is wrong with me-" He frowned, all elation laid aside in his moment of worry. She'd just told him she was pregnant, and here he was trying to drown her. Stupid! She'd only been under for a few seconds, though, right? So she was probably fine... The baby, though! What if... Shite! James realized that, while he knew a lot about babies and children, he knew next to nothing about pregnancy. He's mostly avoided Cyd like the plague when she was pregnant, namely because he hadn't fancied dying over something like an offhand comment. Now, he was sort of regretting that. Actually scratch the sort of, he totally regretted it, because holy hell what was he going to do? 'At least Lyre's smart,' he thought, though it didn't make him feel any better about the whole thing.

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:05 pm
User ImageUser Image
𝑀𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒥𝒶𝓂𝑒𝓈 𝑀𝒶𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓈
𝑅𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓁𝒶𝓌 𝒜𝓁𝓊𝓂𝓃𝓊𝓈

════════════════

Lyre watched James as he slid down, but didn't figure out his plan to pull her in the water until it was too late. She cried out as she hit the water, disorientated a bit until James lifted her from the water. She clung to him, coughing up salt water. He seemed all a panic, so she quickly tried to finish up her coughing to help. "James, James! I'm fine. Look, see? I'm fine. Just wet is all. It's all okay." She wiped her eyes with her wet hands, then lovingly rumpled James' hair. Her own hair was falling free of the bun she'd tied it in, so she reached up and shook her messy red locks down. She looked at her husband, then wrapped her legs around his waist. "Hey.... I know what'll cheer you up." She nodded, violet eyes growing wide. She couldn't bear to see James looking upset, so she decided to remind him of their news. "You, James Masters, are no longer going to be just a god-daddy. Mmm. Next summer, you'll have your own little love. Our little love." She grinned, kissing his cheek. It was still quite early, but they'd have to start scheduling doctor visits and preparing the second bedroom for their little baby to come.

Cara MiaKitty

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:36 pm
User ImageUser Image
𝑀𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒥𝒶𝓂𝑒𝓈 𝑀𝒶𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓈
𝑅𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓁𝒶𝓌 𝒜𝓁𝓊𝓂𝓃𝓊𝓈

════════════════

Lyre was rather grumpy that she'd had to leave work early, but her body was just not able to handle it today. Instead, she brought home all the paperwork she would have to do. The woman had set her bag on the table, then she sat on the couch. It was surprisingly exhausting to carry a baby. She tugged her dark red hair loose from its bun, letting it tumble down around her face. Her belly was all gurgly and she wished she'd grabbed a snack before she sat down. It would probably take a bit of work to stand back up. Maybe James would get her a snack. She didn't really want to ask him, since he was in the middle of his quidditch season, and thus, trying to eat super healthy. One of the pregnancy books had said husbands usually gained weight, but James was quite a workout nut, so she highly doubted he'd add a pound. As she was settling back into the couch, Lyre felt an odd rolling in her belly. Silly child was being active again. She placed her hands on her belly, humming quietly to try and calm the baby. Instead, she felt sharp hits inside, which mirrored little sensations on the outside. "Jamie? James! I think your little love is kicking!" She waited, hoping to hear James dart in.

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:02 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxLiving Room
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxLyre
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxExcited

spaceJames heard his wife call him from down the hall, and was momentarily confused by her words. After a moment, though, he got it, and suddenly he was tearing across the house to get to her before the baby stopped moving. He didn't even speak as he got down on his knees in front of Lyre, grinning like an idiot as he put his hands on her belly, stroking slowly until he found the spot where he could feel the movement. Once he found it, he pressed his hand more firmly in place, and looked up. "She's strong," he said, a hint of smugness in his voice. "Takes after me, obviously." In truth, he rather hoped that the baby took more after her mother than him. He was attractive, and good at what he did, but Lyre was beautiful and intelligent and altogether precious and he wanted their daughter to be an adorably precious little clone of her. Or as much of one as they could get. Half her genetics came from him, but if her mother's traits were dominant he'd be happy.

spaceThe seeker pressed a small kiss to his wife's stomach between his splayed fingers, then stretched up to reach her lips. The movement had stopped, and so he slid over to sit next to Lyre on the couch, pulling her gently so that she was half in his lap. "Did you think of names yet? I tried, but I can't, every one I think of I realize I've gotten from someone I know." Well, he knew a lot of people! Being a Quidditch star and all, he traveled a lot, and met a lot of people, all over the world. Being that there was no gender discrimination on Quidditch teams, a good half the players he knew were women. Not to mention the fans. Ugh. He'd had a couple of instances where he'd thought of a name, only to realize that the reason he'd thought of it was because it'd been the name signed to some piece of fanmail he'd replied to recently. That'd go over well, he was sure. Lyre tended to get a bit antsy about all the women claiming she'd stolen him from them. Not that he blamed her, or minded, he actually thought it was cute. But there were a lot of them. With a lot of names.

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Miss GryffindorK

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:14 pm
User ImageUser Image
𝑀𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒥𝒶𝓂𝑒𝓈 𝑀𝒶𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓈
𝑅𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓁𝒶𝓌 𝒜𝓁𝓊𝓂𝓃𝓊𝓈

════════════════

Lyre paused after she spoke, giggling when she heard James tear off toward them. She rubbed her tummy, smiling when he sat on his knees in front of her. She ran her hands through his hair, smiling. He said she was strong, then added that she was like he was. The thought made the woman smile. She hoped their child had James' charisma, not to mention his playful silliness. He was such a love, and she hoped their children held his sense of wonder and greatness. His ego... eh, they could live without. "She's very strong. It is a lot worse on the inside." The redhead laughed, glad when the baby calmed down for even a moment. James kissed her, then moved, sitting on the couch beside her. As she was working on wiggling closer, the man expedited the process, allowing her to cuddle into him.

James seemed thoughtful, and as he spoke of names, she grinned. Lyre wiggled a bit, reaching to grab the baby name book on the other side of the couch. She grabbed the first book she could, then looked at it with a laugh. "That's not the name book. It does seem to be one of the baby's favorites. I was reading it to her at work today." She grinned, setting the copy of I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings on James' lap as she reached over again, this time emerging with the correct book. "Here we go. We can do research on any names we like with this. It's got a ton of names on its own, though." To make an example, she decided she'd use the name from the other book. Maya. She loved Maya Angelou's writing, so it couldn't hurt to show the meanings for a good example. The woman flipped through the pages, stopping when she found the name. "See, Maya here. It means 'water' in Hebrew namings, and in Hindu, apparently it means 'illusion'. See, this book is fascinating! I'm very glad mum sent it to us!" She grinned brightly, glad that her parents appreciated her love of languages. She resumed cuddling, wondering if James would have any ideas for names for their little darling.

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:47 pm
Everybody loves the things you do
From the way you talk
To the way you move...
Everybody here is watching you
'Cause you feel like home
You're like a dream come true
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
²¹ ʸᵉᵃʳˢ ᵒˡᵈᴳʳʸᶠᶠⁱⁿᵈᵒʳ ᴬˡᵘᵐⁿⁱᶜᵘˡⁱⁿᵃʳʸ ᴬʳᵗⁱˢᵗ

☪ Kalin attempted to be quiet as he entered the large beach home knowing Lyre was still heavily pregnant and needed all the rest she could get but it was rather hard when it felt as though every step meant another piece of his heart breaking off. He had already spent all weekend wallowing and he had slept through one of his morning classes but he couldn't dismiss his only work that brought in income, especially now with him being the only breadwinner in his flat. His now too large, too empty, too hollow flat that still had an entire bedroom worth of stuff belonging to a person he had thought he'd known. He rubbed his eyes with the back of his sweater still amazed he had managed to get dressed without catastrophic disaster or at least blatant mismatching walking out with an old pullover Gryffindor sweater, some worn dark denim jeans, and his usual pair of sneakers. He had even managed to get into the shower and wash away the grime, stink, and tears left over from Saturday night before coming though he had nearly had a breakdown when he'd accidentally sniffed himself and found that he had used Thane's deodorant.

A hand pushed a pot off into the sink with a surprisingly large bang as the name thundered in his chest and his brain making it hard for Kalin to breathe for a few minutes. The young man braced himself over the sink swallowing back choking sobs and gasps as he tried not to lose it in his friend's kitchen. When he was sure he could stand properly, he stood back up and began putting water into the dropped pot and placed it on the stove to simmer. He then began to measure out ingredients and start rolling out and making the dough for homemade bruschetta, it was one of the finger foods he usually made for James and Lyre but contained healthy organics and antibiotics for her unborn baby. Plus if he just made the base and left it for her, she could jazz it up with whatever craving she was having and he liked making things easier for his non-relative aunt. He had just begun sectioning out the dough when he saw the steam rising from the pot on the stove and realized he had been boiling unneeded water. Not wanting to waste, he decided to throw a small bag of pasta in it for the makings of quick homemade macaroni and cheese. At the very least he could take some back home for Dris and Th-

Kalin paused in his chopping and very slowly went over to turn off the pot of slow boiling pasta before losing his composure at the very minute and hurling it angrily into the sink not caring that some had littered onto the floor or that pieces of hot pasta were burning his hands. He was lost in a memory, in a vision, in a promise; a promise he had taken seriously and kept to but it seemed as though he were the only one. How could he have been so stupid? So blind! His own brother had seen this happening but he had thought he'd known better than him because he did in fact know Thane better. Or at least, he thought he had. So consumed in his thoughts he hadn't realized his sobs were becoming audible as he smashed the still hot and pliable pasta with his hands in the sink.

Miss GryffindorK

But if by chance you're here alone
Can I have a moment?
Before I go?
'Cause I've been by myself all night long
Hoping you're someone I used to know

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:05 pm
User ImageUser Image
𝑀𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒥𝒶𝓂𝑒𝓈 𝑀𝒶𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓈
𝑅𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓁𝒶𝓌 𝒜𝓁𝓊𝓂𝓃𝓊𝓈

════════════════

Lyre had been sitting on the couch reading a book when she heard Kalin enter. She watched as he wandered into the kitchen, looking rather upset. For a moment, she debated on following after, but figured he might simply be upset at his running a few minutes late. Calmly, the woman sipped her rather chilled tea and continued reading, looking up in surprise when she heard loud banging around in the kitchen. This, she knew was very unlike Kalin. He was always so happy! She set aside her books and struggled for a moment, doing her best to stand. Dammit! She would really have to remember to sit in the armchair from now on! After a second, louder crash, she used her strength to push herself off the couch and onto her feet. No later than she'd managed to stand, the woman heard sobbing growing louder. Perhaps poor Kalin was hurt! As fast as possible, the redhead waddled toward the kitchen, struggling not to pause for breath.

When Lyre was finally able to see inside the kitchen, she saw Kalin standing amidst a bunch of spilled water and pasta. With a look of concern, she waddled over to him, carefully pushing away the knife and turning off the range. It wouldn't do to have him in any more pain. "Kalin? What's wrong? Are you hurt?" She gently set her hand on his shoulder, only a bit worried that she was standing in scalding hot water. At least she'd managed to get James to help her into some shoes before he went off to practice. No, she didn't care about herself right now. She focused on the young man standing there, looking like he'd been broken by something terrible.

Yukina101

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash