Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Christolaide's Cottage Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:52 pm
User Image
                                                    There are many things that I would
                                                    Like to say to you
                                                    But I don't know how

User Image

════════════════════════

Dʀᴀɢᴏɴ Cʟᴀɴ Lᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ || Tᴡɪɴ || Eᴅɪᴛᴏʀ ғᴏʀ Wʜɪᴢᴢ Hᴀʀᴅ Bᴏᴏᴋs

════════════════════════

Chris shrugged, not sure how to word his statement better. After all, as she said, he never ran into pregnant women while in his condition, and the likelihood of him knowing what the difference was was probably miniscule. He only knew what his nose stated, and it just said that Ada's scent had changed. Subtly, but enough for him to notice. He ran a hand through his hair, suddenly aware of how this entire scene could go wrong, and not knowing how best to rectify it. "I'm... not sure. It changed, but that's about all I can tell, other than the other thing. That's about all I know." Now he felt like a heel, because who in their right mind told their girlfriend that they could be pregnant? No one, because it was supposed to be the other way. Not to mention the fact that it just blind-sided him completely. He sighed, thinking this was the most nerve-wracking, awkward conversation he had ever had with Ada, ever, including the time he had told her he was a vampire and when he asked her to move in.

He listened to Ada talk about how she couldn't go by herself, not for this, and heunderstood. Shaking his head, he looked at her carefully, cupping her face with one of his hands. "Ada, I wouldn't let you go down by yourself. Umm, if it's not intrusive, I mean, we could go down together and find out together. Up to you. Besides, we made it together, that means we both are responsible for the baby if that's what it is." Granted, this was probably one time that he could think of that he would offer to go down to a hospital and talk about girl stuff, but he was obligated to. After all, his father raised him better than that. He wouldn't leave Ada all alone to face that fear. Plus, a small part of him, one that he thought died when he was turned, might have been piqued at the idea of him still able to have kids. Whether the kids would die before him, that was another matter entirely.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Is she? But how, wha...?
                                                    Taken By: Adalaide Blythe
                                                    OOC: ...

Because maybe
                                                    You're gonna be the one that saves me
                                                    And after all
                                                    You're my wonderwall

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:50 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Loving Christopher Whitethorne
                                                          Looking Sweet at Home with Chris
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Tired
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ' 'bout read for bed, I think... '

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

Love me tender, love me long, take me to your heart. ❀ ❀ ❀xxx
                                                          For it's there that I belong, and will never part. ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceShe tried to fight the feeling of completely irrational annoyance at his lack of information. It was ridiculous of her to want him to know anything more, how in the hell would he? But, Ada couldn't deny that it was somewhat upsetting that they were so lost on this. She would have been so completely relieved for him to be able to say that yes, she smelled pregnant. Not off, not different, nothing like that. Pregnant. Because that would mean they were having a baby. Which she thought that, once she was done freaking out, would probably be sort of exciting. But this question, the not knowing, it was really freaking her out because, hell, just because her body chemistry had changed and her scent was different, that didn't mean she was pregnant! And the alternatives were not particularly pleasant. But... but her period was late, and surely a change in her scent plus that meant that she was. Surely. If he were human, she would've even be questioning it, really, she probably would've thought she was pregnant when she first realized she was late. But the chances of it had sounded so unlikely that it hadn't even occurred to her. She inhaled slowly, holding onto that. It was possible, after all. It could be something else... but surely it wasn't. She was pregnant. That had to be it. They were going to have a baby...

spaceThey were going to have a baby. Adalaide exhaled sharply, the words standing out in her mind. His hand against her cheek drew her attention back to him, and she tensed again, waiting for some sort of angry response, an accusation, something, but it never came. She sagged in relief at his words, and thought that maybe she was overreacting, as per usual. She always assumed the worst... one would think that after being with him for so long she'd have figured out that he wasn't going to get mad at her. It wasn't as though this were the first time he'd have had reason to, after all. The incident with Ronyo and when she slipped up and told Dom he was a vampire came to mind. She needed to stop panicking so much. The fact that he was offering to go with her to the hospital said a lot. She was pretty sure he could think of much better ways to spend a night. For starters, guys generally got uncomfortable when women had to see doctors for female issues. His discomfort over asking about her period proved he was unlikely to be any different. And then there was the fact that he was a vampire, and there tended to be a lot of blood at hospitals, and St. Mungo's would be no exception. Honestly, that was why she'd not even considered asking him to go. But, he'd offered... she wondered if it was selfish to take him up on it.

spaceMostly calmed, she stared down at him for a moment, then sat down on the floor in front of him and laid her head on his knee, trying for a smile. There was another, new worry trying to push its way to the forefront of her mind, but she was keeping that one shoved back, because really, of all the things she could be worried about, she didn't think there was a single thing worse than that. And, anyway, this was Chris, right? So she would just be worried about nothing. Because surely he wouldn't... She took another deep breath. "... When should we... go? I mean... it's a bit late tonight. And I dunno what... office hours are like. I've never really... I mean, my dad makes potions for a living. Whenever I was sick as a kid he just... gave me something." Adalaide realized that she'd never once in her life actually been to a hospital, except when she'd been born. And even then, it hadn't been St. Mungo's. Her mum had gone to her family doctor at the muggle hospital. She couldn't help but feel like the both of them were completely lost on this. If she wasn't still somewhat worried about the idea that it might be something else, she'd almost just say they should hold their breath and wait to see if she started throwing up all the time... her mum'd had positively awful morning sickness from very early into her pregnancy with Sebastian, and apparently with her before that, and she'd mentioned that her mother had been the same with both her and Aunt Hanna... it stood to reason that she'd be the same, right?

spaceSuddenly, she frowned. "... If I am pregnant... this is going to suck." She'd never been overly fond of nausea, or throwing up. Which, no one was, logically, but she really didn't like it. "Oh, God. We're going to have to muffle the flat just to keep me from driving the neighbors insane and making them sick with the retching. I hate throwing up," she told him with a groan. But, she still smiled a bit. Because, hey. Pregnant. She was probably pregnant. With Chris' baby... "Chris..." she whispered, a bit of excitement in her voice now. She lifted her head and wrapped her arms around his waist, nose crinkling a bit. "... we might be having a baby." She giggled a bit. And then some more, and then she was climbing up in his lap, laying her head on his chest, arms sliding up around his neck. Because, well, she had always sort of wanted to be a mom. Far be it from her to complain.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❀ ❀ ❀ Love me tender, love me dear, tell me you are mine.
                                                          xxxxxx❀ ❀ ❀ I'll be yours through all the years, till the end of time.

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:36 am
User Image
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Grace paraded into Ada and Chris' apartment unannounced and flopped onto their couch. Smores was right behind her and struggled up onto the couch and then onto her stomach, tongue flopping around happily. Grace giggled and scratched behind the puppies ear for a couple minutes before calling out boredly. “Adalaide! Adalaide! Come here Adalaide!” She had made sure to choose a day when Chris wasn't home and a day when Dom was at practice til late at night. She swung up to her feet, lifting the puppy up too.

“Ohhh Ada! I know your secret!” She cooed, grinning mischieviously. “And unless you want Michelle to find out right now..... you better come here and help me!” She giggled again and twirled in a cirlced cuddling her puppy close, if only to stop her from chewing up all of Ada's furniture too. Seriously Dominic was failing at training the damn dog. No matter how cute she was the puppy needed training.

If I lay my нεα∂ down, will you α∂мιяε
                                                      The way I can ¢ℓøṡε my eyes τøиιģнτ
                                                      And burn my ¢øиṡ¢ιøυṡ for the¢нøιя
                                                      I see the ṡτяεετṡ вυяи every time I fall αṡℓεερ

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:16 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Looking Sweet at Home with Gracie
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Nervous
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ Wait what why YOU KNOW NOTHING ❞

spaceAdalaide had been in the bedroom, quietly reading to herself before bed, when she heard the tell-tale sounds of someone forcibly entering her flat. She groaned, her head rolling back. It could only be Grace and Dominic. Actually, breaking into hers or Damien's flat was getting to be a bad habit the two of them had picked up, much to her chagrin. She sighed, closing her book, just ready to go out and tell the pair that, no, she was not about to go anywhere or do anything because she was tired, and Chris wasn't even home, and she just wanted to read a bit before bed, when the voice of the pink-haired vampire reached her ears. Adalaide shot straight up, all the color draining from her face and her eyes shooting wide open. Secret? Nononononononono, Gracie didn't know her secret, Gracie couldn't know her secret, because Gracie was loud and obnoxious and she would tell everyone.

spaceIt occurred to the Hufflepuff that, actually, yes, Gracie had just threatened to rat her out, and to Michelle of all people, unless she helped her. Helped her with what?! What on Earth could Gracie need so badly that she was willing to threaten her and Chris with Michelle?! She did entertain the hope that Gracie was talking about something other than the fact that she was pregnant, but she didn't really have any other secrets, now did she? Just the one. Adalaide had honestly just assumed that since Grace hadn't said anything until now, she didn't notice the change in her scent like Chris had, or at least didn't know what it meant. Apparently, not so much. She scrambled off of her bed, grabbed her robe and tossed it on over her nightgown, practically tripping as she slid her feet into her slippers and half-ran to the living room. "Gracie, are you insane? Shut the bloody door, someone will hear you!" And by someone, she meant Damien, who she was fairly certain had tried to magically bug her flat. "Now, come on. Whatever in Merlin's name it is that you need can not be worth telling Michelle about... you know. Be reasonable!" Her eyes were wide and honestly a bit terrified. She didn't want anyone to tell anyone! She wanted to sit everyone down, at once, and make the announcement... in a few months, after she was far enough along that she was unlikely to miscarry or suffer complications. She didn't want to have everyone freaking out about them having a baby, only to have it... well, not happen. If something did happen, she'd probably tell her Oma and her mum, just for moral support, because dammit, she wanted this baby, but no one else needed to know... especially not Michelle, or Damien! "What in the world do you need that has you breaking down my door at... midnight! And waving around threats?" she said, eyes falling to the puppy in Gracie's arms, narrowing. That dog... that dog was trouble. She'd seen what it'd done to one of Dominic's favorite pairs of shoes. Already, the cats had arrived in the living room from their various hiding spots (probably under the bed or in a window, although Dracula had taken to sitting on the counter next to the fridge), and were eyeing the pup curiously. Why on Earth had Gracie brought that little terror into her flat? Was she out of furniture to chew on upstairs? This didn't bode well. At all. Although, if Gracie was threatening to tell Michelle about the baby to try and rope her into dog-sitting... she would kill her.

User Image

Devlyn Maycry

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:03 pm
User Image
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Grace rolled her eyes as Ada yelled about closing the door. "What are you afraid of Ada? Its not like I was shouting what your secret was." She put Smores down gently and groaned, rather loudly, as the puppy suddenly ran off to chew on Ada and Chris' couch. She rubbed her hands over her face and at least attempted to push the puppy away from the couch with her foot as she spoke. "Now first off, I'd like to congratulate you on your pregnancy. And before you ask, I know because you smell different, and my cousin is pregnant. Which is a just a joy to be around."

She gave a dead panned look at the mention of Elli. If Elli was crazy normally, adding in pregnancy hormones made her a terror beyond all other terrors. And she had been doing her best to hide the pregnancy thing from their father until Cam got back from stupid Quidditch stuff, which made it even worse cuz Michael was crazily trying to figure out what was going on and Grace was just very very pleased she wasn't living there anymore. "Anyways that's not the point. I know you have a dog back at your house, and if you don't train this adorable little monster for me, Michelle will be getting a lovely welcome home surprise of vampie babies." Hands reached down to swat the dog's nose and heft her back up again.

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:50 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Nervous
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceAdalaide glared at Gracie. Seriously? Yes, because shouting 'I know your secret!' wasn't bad enough. "Gracie. Please. Think who our neighbors are. If they even knew I had a secret, they'd never let me rest until I told them. And I suck at lying!" The Hufflepuff almost felt like that particular statement was becoming her catchphrase, she'd uttered it so often of late. As if anyone should need the reminder at his point. It wasn't exactly a secret. Still, her expression softened a bit when Gracie congratulated her. "... Thanks," she said, expression growing a bit bewildered at the realization that someone knew her secret now. Well, someone other than Chris. She'd known Grace would be able to smell it, of course, but she'd sort of held out hope that the vampire wouldn't recognize the scent. But, if one of her cousins was pregnant... "And, wait, who's pregnant? Elli or Ver?" Adalaide knew that Elli was dating Cameron, of course, but she couldn't recall if Ver had a boyfriend or not. She seemed to recall a Slytherin boy... but hadn't they broken up? She didn't really keep track, she supposed. She only knew about Cameron and Elli because Cam had been in their year at school, and because he was on Dom's Quidditch team. She had to say, as unlikely as it was that Verily was the one pregnant... she sort of felt like maybe Grace wouldn't be quite so exasperated if it were her. She'd always been the quieter twin, after all.

spaceThe blonde scowled. Really? She was using extortion to force her to train her damn dog? And was threatening to tell Michelle she was pregnant if she didn't agree? Was the woman insane? Probably, actually. Still, the fact of the matter was, there was absolutely no reason to tell Michelle anything at all! "You divvy, you could have just asked!" she growled, sending the vampire a 'if looks could kill' glare. "You do know I didn't train Petra, right? She was grown and trained before I could walk. And... technically, Michelle would be getting that present anyway. Just, you know. In seven months." She murmured the last bit, blushing. "And, it's baby. Singular. The chances of me getting pregnant the first time were astronomical, no way it's happening again," she said, rolling her eyes. But, she had to wonder if maybe after she had this one, she should start taking some sort of birth control. After all, the whole reason they were having one baby was because they (or rather, she) had thought that the probability was so low, it wasn't worth worrying about. To be honest, she'd totally thought that there was some trick to it, that the vampire or the mom would have to do something special to make conception possible. Apparently not. Would've been nice to know. Or, not, since she did want to have their baby. It wasn't as though they would've actually tried. Or, she didn't think so. She might've wanted to, but she didn't suppose Chris would've ever agreed to it. Now, he didn't really have a choice... but, he was taking it in stride, at least, and seemed legitimately happy about the prospect of being a father, which naturally just made her love him all the more, because it would've been so easy for him to freak out on her and try to find a way out. But, he didn't, he hadn't, and he wasn't going to. They were having a baby, they were going to be parents. A family. Sometimes, she couldn't believe that this was even her life. It seemed too... she didn't even know, but it was definitely too something.

User Image

Devlyn Maycry

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:57 am
User Image
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Grace literally burst out laughing when Ada asked which of her cousins was pregnant.She wasn't only amused that Ada had to ask, but also thought it was damn hilarious that she didn't even for a second contemplate that maybe it was Michelle who was pregnant. To be fair, Grace was pretty sure no one (not even Adalaide) had really known where Michelle had been for the last 9 months or so. Michelle had returned suddenly and that was all Gracie knew. She ruffled her hair with a free hand and shook her head. "No way in hell Ver is pregnant. She wouldn't do that before she got married, and last I checked she's not even dating anyone. Apprently though, Cam and Elli had a rather fun winter vacation and now little miss 'I'm going to go pro with Quidditch' is pregnant and had to turn down the scouting offer she received."

Grace said in mock pity voice, rolling her eyes as she did so. "She's a right b***h about it too." She sighed and flopped down onto the couch. She waved her hand as Ada corrected her. "Baby, babies, whatever. It makes no difference to me. You're gonna name me God Mother right? Crazy a** Michelle doesn't get that right." She stared Ada down, only half trying to intimidate her into saying yes.

A stray hand scratched behind Smores' ear making the hound flop its hind leg wildly as if she herself was scratching her ear instead. Gracie giggled and returned her attention to Ada. "Please tell me you have some inkling on how to train this dog." She pleaded. "She's adorable as all get out, but Dom is useless in training her and the only animals I've ever owned are owls...." A shrug lifted the pink haired girl's shoulders and she leaned back against the couch, releasing the puppy to jump from the couch. Immediately the dog began running in circles chasing its own tail.

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:36 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Nervous
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceAdalaide blinked a bit at Gracie. 'No way in hell...' Yeah, Ada would be the first person to tell you how that tended not to work out. Or, the second, since Elli was apparently further along. Unless Verily wasn't having sex at all, there was no surefire way to say she wouldn't... of course, the lack of a boyfriend did help on that front. Ada didn't really see the quiet Ravenclaw as being the sort to sleep around, after all. She made a sympathetic sort of sound as Gracie rolled her eyes at Elli's career predicament, frowning. "Well, I would imagine it's pretty upsetting," she said softly, trying to be sympathetic, although really, there was a limit to how much Elli should be getting away with that, given that it was sort of her fault. And Cameron's, of course, but he wasn't the one not getting to play Quidditch. If Elli were really a b***h, she'd make Cam take a season off and sit and be miserable with her. "How did her dad take it? Isn't he... I mean, he's friends with Damien's father, I can't imagine him being overly thrilled," she said, and this time her voice was the one laced with a scoff. Honestly, if Elli had been pregnant since the Winter holidays, she was amazed the girl hadn't been tossed down the aisle towards Cameron the day she'd graduated, a wand pointed at both their heads. She found herself feeling rather thankful that her own parents weren't such sticklers... although, Chris' father was another story altogether. She wasn't looking forward to that particular conversation. After all, she didn't want to get married just because of the baby. If that was going to happen, she wanted it to be... well, because Chris wanted to marry her. Baby or not.

spaceShe blinked again when Grace asked about the baby's godmother. Why... her baby probably didn't even need a godmother, or father, given that it's father was a vampire and therefore exceptionally hard to kill. But, even if they did end up naming someone, why on Earth would it be Grace? Not that she didn't love the girl, but... Michelle was crazy, but she'd also proven that she would to go hell and back to protect her family. The only things keeping Ada from wanting to say it outright was that she wasn't sure how Michelle was going to react to the idea of having a half-vampire godchild, and that she didn't want Tay Nott anywhere near her child. Besides... "I'm barely even pregnant, Gracie. We haven't talked about it yet. Chris does get a say, you know," she said, rolling her eyes. She knew he'd want Chalmes to be the godfather, of course, and didn't really know if they were supposed to also name a godmother, given that if something did happen to them, that seemed like it could end in a custody battle... but Chalmes was a good choice. If he'd agree. Which, he might not, since the baby was going to be a half-vampire and possibly magical. She didn't really think he'd say no, but they did need to consider the possibility... she just regretted that Michelle was the only one of her siblings old enough to be considered. Lyv was close, but... Ada didn't know if the girl would be able to handle it, anyway.

spaceThe Hufflepuff chuckled lightly at the look of desperation on Gracie's face as she turned the conversation back towards her dog. She looked down at the pup, watching it chase it's tail in amusement. She didn't ever recall actually being around a puppy. "Hm, I suppose I could talk to my mum about how to do it. Petra's very well-behaved. Does she know her name yet?" She reached down and grabbed S'mores, pulling her into her lap. The puppy immediately started trying to chew on her hands, prompting Ada to give her a light flick on the nose. "No, S'mores! No biting!" she said, expression stern, eyes narrowed and staring directly into the dogs. S'mores responded with a light whine, and then flopped down in her lap, looking chastised. It wouldn't last long, but for now she was being quiet. "If she doesn't know her name, you have to call her by it, and only it, every time to talk to her. It should be the word she hears you say most often when your attention is on her. Eventually, she'll learn to associate it with herself... and you should buy a squirt bottle. Or use Aguamenti. If she misbehaves, squirt her in the face, not the eyes, but close. It won't hurt her, but she won't like it. Eventually she'll learn." Adalaide tried to recall if there was anything else, but at the moment, she was at a loss. She was actually surprised she remembered that much, really. "For now, that's all I know, like I said, I'll talk to mum... dunno what you want to do with her while I'm at work or in bed, though," she said with a light shrug. She saw movement out of the corner of her eye, and turned to see Mina, eyes curious, approaching to investigate. She groaned when, as soon as the pup spotted her cat, she was off after her, barking like she was insane. Luckily, Mina got away, escaping to the kitchen and jumping up on top of the counters. Ada sighed; this was going to be a pain.

User Image

Devlyn Maycry

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:00 am
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Looking Sweet at Home with Chris
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Annoyed
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ So bloody short, whyyyyyyy ❞

spaceAdalaide stood in her kitchen, on the very tips of her toes, reaching up for the top shelf. She needed a snack, dammit, she wanted a sandwich and the peanut butter was up on the top shelf. Why? Why was it all the way up there? Whose bright idea was it to put it there? Hers, of course, because it was food, and Chris didn't generally mess with her food, he just let her put it where she wanted it, or, if she asked for his help, he put it where she told him to put it. Meaning she'd been the one who decided the top shelf was the best place for the peanut butter. The blonde was glaring at the offending jar, which was far too high for her. She considered for all of a second climbing on top of the counter to reach it, but dammit, she'd gotten rather clumsy of late for some unknown reason and she just knew she'd fall. And wouldn't that be wonderful, if she fell? The hand that wasn't reaching up for the jar pressed to her stomach. She was carrying a baby, dammit, she couldn't go climbing on counters and falling off of them like a ditz. She had a precious life growing inside of her to take care of! Unfortunately, said precious life was hungry. Or, its mother was, hell, she didn't know. The point was, she wanted a damn sandwich and she couldn't bloody reach the peanut butter!

spaceShe suppressed a little whining noise, trying not to attract Chris' attention. She didn't bloody need him to come in here and snicker at her trying and failing to reach the damned jar! And she didn't need him to get the thing down, she could do it herself, dammit, it was just a shelf! She sighed heavily, relaxing her stance, sliding back down so that her feet were flat on the floor. Dammit, her feet hurt. And her ankles. Why was this such a bloody hassle? She chewed lightly on the inside of her cheek, glaring over at the refrigerator. She thought she might have some leftover pasta from a couple nights ago... but dammit, she didn't want it, she wanted her peanut butter and jam sandwich! The Hufflepuff sighed, rolling her eyes. Dammit... oh, well. What was the point of having a boyfriend if you couldn't make him do things for you, anyway? Normally, the very thought would've offended her to her very core, but at the moment, she was annoyed and frustrated and desperate.

space"Chriiiiiis?"

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:52 am
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Looking ... Pregnant? at Home with Chris
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          In pain
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ Oh, God... ❞

spaceAdalaide was standing in the bathroom, toothbrush in hand, when the pain started again. She sucked in a deep breathe, eyes shutting, and waited for it to pass, assuming it would. She'd been experiencing similar pains for a little under a week at this point, false contractions, her mother had said. It meant the baby would come soon. By this point, she'd almost started to ignore them (or, as much as a person could be said to ignore what essentially felt like menstrual cramps from Hell), letting them pass as they would and then carrying on about her business. But... this felt... different. It registered to her that, while the previous instances had all been rather painful, this was... worse. She'd gotten used to the level of pain she'd experienced the past few days, and this wasn't it. Not by a long shot. Her hands gripped the counter, knuckles white as she tried to breathe deeply, waiting. This wasn't the first one tonight, it had happened earlier, too, when she'd been in the shower, three times, and before that while she'd been eating her supper as well. The blonde exhaled slowly when the pain finally passed, blinking a herself in the mirror. As she brushed her teeth, all she could think was, if her labor was starting, it'd be nice if it could get on with it. It was night now; Chris had just woken up, and honestly, it'd be rather nice if he could actually be awake, at least when everything started. That way he wasn't waking up to her in the throes of it, or missing everything altogether (because she'd be damned if she were going to do this whole bloody thing on her own). Besides that, she wasn't looking forward to this, not really; the cramps and false contractions hurt enough. She couldn't imagine what she was in for. It hurrying itself along and being over quickly sounded wonderful, though she doubted she'd be so lucky. At least she was somewhat aware of what was going on, though; she had her mother and Oma to thank for that.

spaceShe was just finishing brushing her hair when the next one hit, this one worse even than the last, making her double over for a moment, hand clutching her stomach. It passed, too, though she could swear this one lasted just a hair longer. Adalaide's mouth drew to a tight line; she might very well be going into labor, she thought, leaning back against the wall. "Chris...?" she called, unsure. It could very well be nothing still... but it didn't feel like nothing. In her head, she was thinking about how nice it would be to have a clock in here, to keep track of the time. That was what you were supposed to do, right? Keep track of that? She almost wished she were at her parent's house. Her mother had done this twice herself, and helped Vicky give birth to Melody. She would've known what was going on... But, it seemed she didn't need her mother's experience with the matter after all. Adalaide felt the shift, the change, the discomfort. It didn't take a genius to realize her water had broken (and how very convenient of it, to do it in the bathroom, away from the carpet and furniture...?). "Chris!" Her voice was more insistent this time, and she tried, really tried, to tell him what was going on, but she couldn't quite find the words. In spite of the last nine months, in spite of the morning sickness and the mood swings and having to use the bathroom every five minutes and every other thing... she didn't think it'd really hit her until then.

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:08 pm
User Image
                                                    Like to say to you
                                                    But I don't know how

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Chris had been getting his shirt on, having just rolled out of bed and grabbing a pair of sweats so he could at least be semi-modest. He had the night off, which was a big relief for him, since he'd been working quite a bit more recently since his hours at work were going to be going down during the summer. Pulling it down and stepping around the bed, his nose picked up a peculiar smell before he heard Ada call from the bathroom. His eyebrows rose, and he peered into the bathroom as he heard her call him again, more urgently. It was then his eyes nearly bugged from their sockets. That wasn't urine, he knew what that smelled like, it was... That's when it hit him. She was going into labor. The vampire swallowed hard and his face paled. Merlin, there was going to be blood. A lot of it. He didn't know how his kind even had half-vampires, but the thoughts running through his head involved something along the lines of a chest-burster just springing from Ada. It was a ridiculous thought, but the only one he had to go on. He stuck his head into the bathroom and bit his lip. Ada was leaning over the sink and clutching her abdomen. Swallowing down the nervous feeling he was getting, he hurried over and picked her up, grabbing a towel on the way. "All right, here. Let's get you to the bed or something. Uhh, breathe a lot. I'm... I'm going to send an owl to get your parents over." He kissed her on the forehead and set her on the bed, making sure the towel was underneath her to try not to make a bigger mess than what she was going to make.

He then paused, realization hitting that he had no clue how he was going to send an owl he didn't have. It wasn't like his cat could send a message. Which, Cao Cao had chosen that moment to jump onto the bed and settle himself right next to Ada, folding his legs under himself and narrowing his eyes like he was daring anyone to come close to the pregnant lady in labor. Chris decided to ignore that, instead giving Ada one last worried look before he hurried out of the apartment. Okay, so he needed an owl. He knew of several people in the building that had owls, and he raced up the stairs. To say that Damien was surprised at him being at his door in nothing but sweats and a t-shirt was an understatement, but the guy let Chris send off some letters to Ada's parents and his brother. He figured that Chalmes could send out his own letters to the rest. He was then shooed out of the flat by a rather impatient house elf who apparently thought that having two grown men freaking over a mutual relation. Coming back downstairs, he got back to his own flat and quickly grabbed a blood pop, thinking this was going to be a long night. He grabbed a chair from the dining area and brought it into the bedroom, sitting it right down in the room right next to Ada and sticking his pop in his mouth. His leg couldn't stop jiggling from nervousness. "Okay, just sent an owl to your mum and dad, as well as one to Chalmes. Figured he can send one in reply to my father and Tria. Um, you need anything or are you good? What should I be doing right now? I mean, it's kind of stupid to ask if it hurts, right?" Hefelt like themost useless thing in the world at the moment. Chalmes was right. He should have remembered some form of birth control.

════════════════════════

Thinking: ASEFARGSRTHDYRJDYTJDRYJDRTYHSETHAEHSHSTRJDYTJRHJSR!

Because maybe
                                                    And after all
                                                    You're my wonderwall

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:32 am
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Looking ... Pregnant? at Home with Chris
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          In pain
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ Oh, God... ❞

spaceAll Ada could think when Chris picked her up was that she was very, very glad that, at the moment, she was in between contractions. Not that moving would've made it any worse, but it certainly wouldn't have made it any better, after all. As he settled her on the bed, she found that she was also thankful for the fact that he was a vampire. He hadn't even grunted when he'd lifted her, bless him. Not that she was overly worried about feeling fat at the moment, but still. It was something to focus her thoughts on other than the fact that she was in labor. But, another contraction hit just as he started to speak. She tried to focus on his words, which just ended with her glaring at him. "'Breathe a lot?' Are you bloody insane?!" she hissed, her voice shrill from the pain. The statement set her off for two reasons; firstly, there was just something uncommonly annoying about her vampire boyfriend telling her to breathe, and secondly, she wasn't a bloody idiot, what was she going to do, sit there and hold her breath? The second part of his statement didn't hit until long after his lips had brushed against her forehead, when he was already on his wait out of the room. "Chris, wait-!" But, he was gone. The contraction ended, thankfully, but she was still somewhat furious that he'd taken off and left her lying in bed with nothing but his damned cat while she was in labor. The logic of his reason didn't occur to her. She knew that he needed to tell her parents what was happening, but seriously, right now? (Yes, right now, because she was in labor, but it didn't exactly occur to her at the time).

spaceThe Hufflepuff stared after him, mouth in a tight line. "... Bollocks," she muttered, glancing over at his cat with tired eyes. She didn't know how long Chris was gone, but it was too long by her standards. As he joined her in the bedroom, she speared him with what she hoped was a glare worthy of how very, very upset she was with him. "Stupid," she said through gritted teeth, "would be the understatement of the bloody century." Another contraction then, and her hands gripped the bed. She leaned her head back, sucking in a breath, and then shot him another glare. "Your hand. Give me. Your damned hand. NOW." She didn't wait for him to comply, just grabbed the hand closest to her, squeezing hard. It wasn't as though she could hurt him anyway, she thought hysterically, although at the moment it didn't seem like such an awful thing to want to do.

spaceThankfully, Damien's owl knew the way to Ada's parent's home better than just about any other route, given that it was so close to his father's, and the letter was delivered quickly. The Blythe parents, of course, left immediately, Apparating directly to the flat. As soon as she was inside, Natasha was all business, ordering her husband and Chris about like an army general. Jonathan, of course, was more than happy to do anything that kept him out of the room, namely because it was his daughter, after all, and there was a certain level of discomfort involved. The labor, while painful, was over much more quickly than Natasha would've anticipated, and the mess taken care of immediately by her husband.

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:48 pm
Christopher Whitethorne and Adalaide Blythe welcome
Desiree Alexandria Whitethorne
And
Zachary Theodosius Whitethorne
to the family!

Born March 3rd at 11:58 PM and March 4th at 12:04 AM

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:09 pm
User Image
                                                    Like to say to you
                                                    But I don't know how

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Chris held the baby carefully, his lips between his teeth as he regarded the newborn in his arms. Desiree was asleep in his arms, having just fallen asleep after feeding. Ada was pretty worn out, and Chris couldn't blame her for it at all. Thank Merlin the room had been cleaned after the birth, otherwise he was afraid that he wouldn't be able to sleep, especially since it was nearing dawn. Chris closed his eyes and rested his head against the headboard behind him. He might not have been the one to give birth, but he felt bone-tired after the night they both had. He was also kind of glad that the babies at least had a place to sleep right off the bat. Otherwise he didn't want to know what he would do if he woke up and... He shoved that thought out of his head immediately. He refused to believe he would do anything of the sort to his children. Either Zachary or Desiree. They hadn't planned on twins, but they got them. His gaze traveled over to the crib where Zachary was sleeping, and a small smile played across his lips. They would definitely need another crib, but for now, the two should be fine in a crib together. After all, he knew what it was like knowing someone from before birth. Rising to put his daughter in the crib, he stood back for a moment, watching as she automatically sought out her brother's hand inher sleep. Or at least it seemed that way. He was pretty sure he did the same with Chalmes once upon a time, and the thought made him miss his own twin just a bit.

He lay down carefully, his head cushioned by his arm as he settled on his side and reached over to touch Ada's face gently, trying not to disturb her too much. She had a long night, and he didn't begrudge her what sleep she would get in the months to come. If anything else, he figured the fact that they both had opposite sleeping schedules meant that he could take night shift and her take the day. Only thing that was going to be difficult was when she went back to work, and he figured they could cross that bridge when they got there. Withdrawing his hand, he instead took Ada's own, hoping that she knew that he'd be there when she woke up. Maybe not awake enough for the real world, but enough so she didn't have to worry.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Wow...

Because maybe
                                                    And after all
                                                    You're my wonderwall

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:09 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Looking Exhausted at Home with Chris
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Blissful
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ ..................... ❞

I want to sleep on hard ground, ❀ ❀ ❀xxx
                                                          In the comfort of your arms ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxx
                                                          On a pillow of bluebonnets ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxxxxx
                                                          In a blanket made of stars ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxxxxxxxx

spaceAdalaide was at least somewhat aware of what was going on in the world around her, but she couldn't seem to focus overmuch on any of it. She was, in a word, exhausted. Completely and totally, which was to be expected, given that she had just given birth. During, of course, there had been a lot of yelling, a lot of swearing, and no small amount of fury on her part, because giving birth was painful, and the single most difficult thing Ada thought she had ever and would ever do (aside from actually raising the children, of course). Women might have been doing it since before the dawn of human history, but that didn't mean it was a cakewalk. But, once it was all over and done with, the endorphins had kicked in, as they were wont to do, and she had spent the remainder of the night in a state of dazed euphoria. She'd been in and out of consciousness for the last several hours, having already managed to fall asleep holding one of her children on two separate occasions. In spite of how very aware she had been of the fact that she was a mother for the last few months, it hadn't really sunk in until her mum had handed her the baby girl. Seeing their son be handed to Chris had been doubly rewarding. After all, he hadn't spent the last nine months carrying them around; the look on his face had honestly been about the best thing she could've imagined.

spaceThe Hufflepuff's eyes blinked open at the feeling of his hand grasping hers, and she gave him a small tired smile. "Hey," she mumbled sleepily, and then she found herself stifling a yawn. Honestly, she would love nothing more than to snuggle up to his side and pass out, but, she didn't think it was a good idea to move. Endorphins or not, she was still in a bit of pain. Still, she honestly couldn't recall ever feeling this at peace, this happy. Any worries or doubts she'd ever had about anything had blinked out of existence, at least for the time being. Right now, all that mattered to her was that they had two beautiful children, and that the expression on his face made her feel as content as could be. "You know, I love you," she told him softly, eyes shutting, her head lolling in the opposite direction. She managed to give his hand a light squeeze, and felt the smallest twinge of guilt for all the things she'd shouted at him during her labor, but then, it wasn't like she'd meant any of it. There was a long pause, and she yawned again, already feeling herself drifting into sleep. Next time she woke up, he'd be out, she knew; it had to be near dawn. But, he was with her now, and really, even asleep, he would be with her then. That was all that mattered... that he was with her. "... Chris..." His name was barely understandable, her lips barely moving. "... Will you marry me?"

spaceIf he had an answer, she didn't hear it. She was asleep as soon as the words left her lips. In the morning, she wouldn't even remember she'd asked.

xxx❀ ❀ ❀ I want to be the only one
                                                          xxxxxx❀ ❀ ❀ For miles and miles
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❀ ❀ ❀ Except for maybe you
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx❀ ❀ ❀ And your simple smile

User Image

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash