Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Hughes Home Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:43 pm
User Image
User Image

Single☰Pureblood☰Father of One☰

In '85,
Tuesday morning,
Came alive,
I didn't know ya
Route 66 is gone,
And Reagan's here,
It won't be long

Niall heard the words Rubin was saying but really all he was feeling was that he was wasting the other man's time with his pointless and incessant need to keep in touch. Like he had told his sister, they were friends regardless of what she or other people thought, they didn't have to see and talk to each other daily. But he wanted to. Which was sort of a problem considering both of their time consuming jobs, and then their second jobs as parents, well third for the other man considering he ran a business and then wrote articles. Dear Merlin the man probably had a deadline and he was about to talk about journals of all things just to be near him. Zeus strike him where he stood, pretty please with nutella on top. He tried to shake off the melancholy feeling and followed Rubin into his home placing his hands in his pockets so he wouldn't fiddle with his t-shirt. It was comfortable without random annoying holes thanks. "Well, uh, regardless, thanks for stopping by." Great now he sounded like the welcome lady from the shopping mart. "I just wanted to give you back your progress journal. I sorta forgot to give it back to you after you decided to stop the therapy and I, um, just thought you'd like it. For reflection and everything." Niall explained his hands relaxing and clenching his his pockets as he lead Rubin over to his coffee table where the journal was. "I would've dropped it by but I kept forgetting since I don't really go into Diagon allot unless I really need something or to visit friends, which you are one! I just, I thought'd it be rude to just drop in on your business for something like this." the Irishman rambled uselessly.This is why he didn't have crushes, because he was mentally challenged already, why add tack on extra ridiculousness to a preexisting condition?

{Where~ Home
With~ Rubin
Why~ Because I'm a masochist
Thoughts~ Ugghhhhh}

Nintendo comes,
Live Aid, too,
Back to the Future
Where were you,
While I spent all my days
In Catholic school?

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:52 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                            Now days, they've been better, I sleep even deader
                                            I wake up when everyone's gone
                                            Just give us a touch, and let me down slow
                                            Just let me know, if this is some kind of life-
                                            Or something else?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rυвιɴ Aĸѕɴeѕ Eιde x
                                            Journalist & WriterJ Pippins Potions ShopkeeperDurmstrang AlumHalfblood Metamorphagusxxxxx

「 Winter Mid-afternoon 2036 」
                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Rubin wasn't that dense to begin with, he could kind of notice Niall not buying the whole "I'm really not busy right now" thing. Sure, he was yet to figure out why the other man wanted to hang out with him a lot, which he could not deny. However, Rubin couldn't exactly say that he was being interrupted. Otherwise, he would told him immediately, Niall should know that by now. Like, a long time ago. "Hey," he smiled, but he sounded concerned, "I'm really not busy, I swear. I would have tell you immediately if I was, right?"

The more he looked at the man, the more Rubin felt... well, warm. Not the whole 'butterflies in the stomach' thing, but it was more like he was having a pressure cooker somewhere in his chest. That happened when you refuse to acknowledge nor tell someone that you were having feelings, thought Rubin believed that it should be gone by now. The Norwegian removed his black long coat and gloves, looking around with the country-inspired interior before returning his attention back to Niall. Wait, so this was about his progress journal? Rubin didn't mean to be a covert a*****e but why couldn't he just send the thing to him in his shop? It wasn't like he was going to bark at him or anything, unless Austmar was right and present in the shop. His brother was the type to be uber-protective over a sibling who was three years old than him, which was really stupid at best.

Nevertheless, Rubin picked the journal from the coffee table, reluctantly opening it due to the fact that he almost forgot that he left this to the man. As he skimmed through the early pages, he couldn't help but sigh in melancholy. Reading this made him feel weirded out and wonder how long he had been writing these, when he had expressed about how upset and hurt he was- something he failed to say to her. He slowly closed the journal and he bit his lower lip in thought before giving Niall a small bittersweet smile, "Thanks, I almost forgot about this." He put the book to his shoulder bag. Rubin seemed to forget the sadness when he eventually snorted at his rambling, especially when he defensively told him that Rubin was considered a friend. Thought he guessed he could forgive him for not dropping it to his shop, especially in winter where there's the seasonal product demands. "I mean, you... you can visit my shop anytime, just notify me when you are so that I'll feel prepared or something. Or maybe, you can freely visit me on Sundays? Because I close my shop completely during that day, you know?" Though honestly, Rubin wouldn't have any idea what to feel when Niall did visited him, making him run his fingers through his hair again out of nervousness as he though about it. Should he be honest with him? Should he tell him about his concerns? Rubin looked down for a while as he felt his chest heat up or something. "So, um... Are you sure the journal is the only reason why I'm here, I felt like there has to be something else. I mean- not that you're not wasting my time or anything! I'm just... a bit too curious, I think."

with [Niall] at [doorstep]

SINGLEOUTFITSIGNATURE TUNE

xxxxx « Out.Of.Cauldrons » xxxxx
                                            hair color = Mint green

Die just a little, we try just a little
                                            Let's meet in the middle and wait
                                            Or maybe you won't? I'm boring you don't
                                            You're sad and magical, he says you're beautiful
                                            I think you're beautiful, too

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:02 pm
User Image
User Image

In '85,
Tuesday morning,
Came alive,
I didn't know ya
Route 66 is gone,
And Reagan's here,
It won't be long

Niall tried to give Rubin a grateful smile for his words but he was sure if he kept looking directly at him it would morph into something resembling a begging puppy look. God he was pathetic. He winced lightly at seeing the look the man got at hearing that he was only asked over to get back a journal that he could've easily owl'd, but if he was asked (and it looked like Rubin really wanted to) he could give the excuse that his owl was rather old and he didn't like sending him on long distance trips. Which was rather true, Peppi was getting on in years and the farthest he really allowed his small owl to go was about half a mile. He was grateful that the potioneer held his tongue and just decided to flip through the journal while he tried to get himself back on track. Niall had thought the non-date brunch had been nerve wracking, having his crush actually in his home was like tiptoeing around an abnormally large landmine. The Hufflepuff jumped slightly as his friend ended the quiet and informed him that he could drop by the store any time he felt, even giving him the option for Sundays since that was apparently the day the shop closed. At his next words though he felt as though all the air and moisture had been sucked out his body as his mouth dropped open and his entire face flamed in despair and mortification. Did he know?! Did he figure it out?! It probably wasn't all that difficult considering how he had been acting but. Still! "I-I-I'm...y-you're...d-dammit!" Niall groaned aloud and sank into the couch behind him while his fingers went from his pockets to hair roving back and forth while he thought over his next words. "I'm, I'm so sorry for this, I wasn't, I mean I was, probably not like this. Probably definitely not like this actually. I don't know if I was really going to ever tell you to be honest since I'm like, very very sure you in no way reciprocate my feelings and my god I've been a complete pest to you I feel like and this is the literal cherry on the idiot sundae that I've been compiling. So, i-if you don't want to, if you want nothing to do with me after this I'll completely understand." Niall's hands moved from his hair to fiddle in his lap while he completely averted his gaze from Rubin not wanting to see the looks the man most likely had. Maybe he could have Nat or Jon pick up Vera and keep her the rest of the day. He didn't want her to see him in his self pity state.

{Where~ Home
With~ Rubin
Thoughts~ Ugghhhhh}

Nintendo comes,
Live Aid, too,
Back to the Future
Where were you,
In Catholic school?

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:55 pm
                                            Or something else?

Journalist & WriterJ Pippins Potions ShopkeeperDurmstrang AlumHalfblood Metamorphagusxxxxx

Rubin felt utterly speechless, hazel eyes widened as he watched Niall released one hell of a response that it gave him a hard time to digest. He immediately regret taking off his coat, because he felt like he was shivering like hell and his hands feel very numb. 'He had to be lying' he kept telling himself, gritting his teeth in an attempt to hide his nervousness because he was desperately trying to suppress his heating face. That couldn't be right, Niall would never- Rubin wanted to shut down his feelings to spare himself, but he can't. He felt so conflicted over the entire thing, because aside from Drew, what if the twins think that he was replacing their mother? Rubin thought it would be better to be more concerned to the twins' feelings than to himself. He totally didn't have feelings for the Irishman, he tried to convince himself. Eyes still wide, Rubin looked down on the floor, it was so hard to reciprocate after the s**t you've went through with your first love. He didn't want to feel hurt again, Austmar had pointed that out already.

"I'm..." The Norwegian stammered as he lifted his head and tried to look at Niall, "Are you being honest? I mean- How long have you been like this? How can I even tell that you like like me and not the type of 'like' where it just wears off?" Rubin nervously put his hand on his forehead again as he slowly breathe, as if trying to process his mind, "I'm sorry, it's just- I mean, I think I had- or maybe have feelings, too. It's just... I'm scared, alright? You should know why by now..." the word 'scared' just stung his mouth, it was like he was making himself feel vulnerable and weak. "So... Are you sure you really like me?"

hair color = Mint green

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:57 pm
User Image
User Image

In '85,
Tuesday morning,
Came alive,
I didn't know ya
Route 66 is gone,
And Reagan's here,
It won't be long

Niall felt like his heart was going to eventually jump out of his chest just to strangle him manually as he watched Rubin actually pale and look away from him. Bollocks, this was exactly what he feared would happen. The idea of crawling into a pit away from him was sounding better and better by the second. Plus the other man would probably want that better than the alternative. Then he started stammering and asking him if he was sure he actually like liked him, like they had really gone all the way back to the start of their respective puberty's and were whispering in the back of History class hoping the professor didn't overhear. Despite the warring hope and despair lolling about in the pit of his stomach he found himself thinking of this situation from Rubin's viewpoint and understanding his rather wary outlook. Their whole professional relationship had been talking about how he kept feeling abandoned and replaced most of his life the most jarring and recent being the upset with his ex-wife and how it affected his children. He could, and did, understand that. Not understand as in he'd been there but understood it intellectually. Which was why when his friend (he hoped he could still call him that) asked if he really actually liked him, he gave him a rather small self-conscious grin. "I'm pretty sure, as in, I'm sure enough that I like like you enough that I um, I found a journal that could've easily been mailed to you like a normal person but instead I asked you over just so I could see you. I probably think of you more than I would likely ever admit to myself and I'm pretty sure I rearranged the living room three times before putting it all back in place before you got here. I don't know whether that was from the sheer nervousness of having you in my home or the sheer terror of having you in my home. As far as crushes and unrequited affections go, this is by far the most terrifying due to the fact that, well, one, you were a patient, two, I really really didn't want my feelings to effect our friendship in any way despite how horrendous I've been at hiding them, I've never....I've never thought I could really like a person who made me want to simultaneously roll my eyes and snog. Erm, not that there will be any snogging! A-at all! O-or was any planned for that matter!" Niall hastily added his already pinked face going up a few more pigments and he could practically feel the heat roasting off his cheeks and ears.

{Where~ Home
With~ Rubin
Thoughts~ Ugghhhhh}

Nintendo comes,
Live Aid, too,
Back to the Future
Where were you,
In Catholic school?

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:10 pm
                                            Or something else?

Rubin couldn't say anything at first but a faltered, "Oh..." When Niall finally explained why he invited him here when he could have just owl'd it like a normal person. He invited him... just to see him? Sure, hearing that from your parents was pretty normal because well, parents. Duh. But Niall, of all people? Well, that kind of made sense with all those brunch-hangouts and stuff like that throughout seven months, he guessed- Only that his denial kept him to the point of being dense... maybe. But knowing that the other guy was being honest to him, Rubin could feel like he was now at ease knowing that he was actually being sincere to him. Well sure, the doubt was still kind of there but, at least hearing it like something hit him was a better option than being sneaky about it? "It's really good to hear that you're finally going to be blunt about it." Rubin gave him a small nervous smile, "Well... even if I can admit that this is really a surprise." He sheepishly chuckled as he pushed some of his stray hair-strands to the back of his ear, failing to realize that his usually pale ears had gone pinkish in color.

Though, Niall was kind of right. Even if they were no longer in a professional setting since May, Rubin wasn't sure if it's weird for them to well... hang out. But he was sure that Niall was more knowledge to that than Rubin ever had. "Well, we've been hanging out for seven months as friends, you know? But I don't know, is it weird that we hang out with that... well..." he made his really vague hand gesture, as if trying to say "ex-professional relationship going on." "But... I dunno, what do you think about the whole thing? I mean, my suggestion would be that we start in a clean slate, pick up where we started even if it's the infamous door incident? I know, that one is embarrassing as hell, but at least we have something to laugh about like normal people." Then, going to Niall's saying about the snogging part, he had to control his rare ability to keep his mint hair from transitioning into one of those warm reddish colors. Rubin usually had good control with his gift, but when he has to, it was something very serious. But on the other hand, he laughed. So hard. "Haha! Good God, sorry- it's just-- I never saw you as a kisser, if I'm allowed to be blunt at all!" He wiped the tears in his eyes before he added, "But you're serious about that? For real? I'm not gonna judge you, Hughes, really."

hair color = Mint green

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:11 pm
User Image
User Image

In '85,
Tuesday morning,
Came alive,
I didn't know ya
Route 66 is gone,
And Reagan's here,
It won't be long

Niall surprised himself by snorting in amusement at Rubin's small rib towards him at being blunt for once. He did have the bad habit of tiptoing around his real train of thought, mainly it was because he didn't want to allow the fact that he was attracted to the other man to escape.
                                              So much for that now. He nodded in agreement, or really just to show he was actually listening, as he continued on about how their shared time together the past few months and blanked a bit at their suggestion. It really was embarrassing, and a tad childish on his part, how riled up he had gotten in defense of his supposed feelings. If he could've only seen himself now, past self would surely think he was under the influence of something. And while he thinks, (assumes, hopes really), that just because they decide to restart their "relationship" from that moment that it won't change how Rubin feels about him, he's still a tad wary. Gods knows it didn't exactly help that the man in question just fell out his seat in laughter. Well not literally but still, it was the most amusement he'd seen from him in...ever! He wanted to loudly and vehemently protest that he was indeed a kisser and that one shouldn't judge by how conservatively one dressed but instead an idea popped into his head. The meta had just mentioned that he was rarely blunt, this could certainly help him along. Niall got up from his seat and purposely stepped six inches towards the other man and grabbed his face to land a determined kiss. Which lasted all of about three seconds before he released and felt that he could possibly fry an egg on the tips of his ears from the heat radiating off them. "Yes I am serious. Yes I am, obviously, for real. A-and feel free to judge that kiss but in my defense you are the first male I've ever done that with. So um, yeah." he finished lamely and tried, and failed, not to fidget.

{Where~ Home
With~ Rubin
Thoughts~ Ugghhhhh}

Nintendo comes,
Live Aid, too,
Back to the Future
Where were you,
In Catholic school?

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:13 pm
                                            Or something else?

Rubin failed to register that Niall just stood up from his seat, then he was at shock when the other man held his face and kissed him. In the lips. Freyja save his forsaken soul. Rubin's chest went heavier like lead and he failed to lost the grip on his metamorphagus ability, as his hair went from mint to light rose, from root to ends. God, he had no idea that the other man can actually do that, and now he was going to regret it for tempting fate. Or well, maybe Rubin was going to regret more for not taking him seriously. His nervous hands were hovering over Niall's shoulders, as if he was semi-considering to hold him back, except he was too frozen to go for it.

When Niall finally released the kiss, Rubin just stared at him when the man stuttered that yes, he was serious. For real. The fact that he just risked himself doing that even if there was a risk that if it was someone else, they could've pushed him away and disappeared without a trace. Which means that Niall was probably willing to take that risk, somehow. But truth be told for the Norwegian, Rubin couldn't help but feel a bit wary of how this will go, but if Niall was willing to risk kissing him in surprising, maybe he can risk be a thing with him? "Goddammit, Niall. Stop proving me wrong, now." He said, trying to chuckle to cope with his flustered face, "So um... does that mean we're going to actually try being a thing to see if this works? Y-yeah, I think we can do it. Hopefully." Struggling not to ramble, Rubin tested his own waters by kissing Niall back on the cheek, "And another thing, I'm not really a guy, or a girl. But um, whatever, your kiss is in-between EE and A regardless... I guess."/color]

hair color = Rose

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2