Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Entrepreneurs (Broommakers, Wandmakers, etc.)
Niall Hughes - Mind Healer ~London Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:21 pm
User Image
                                                  I had a dream the other night
                                                  About how we only get one life
                                                  Woke me up right after two
                                                  Stayed awake and stared at you
                                                  So I wouldn't lose my mind

User Image

════════════════════════

Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Hᴀʟғʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ||Pᴏᴛɪᴏɴᴇᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Rick bit his lip as he walked to the office door, feeling all sorts of off. He'd never seen a psychologist, and yes, he still considered a mind healer a psychologist, in his entire life. He took a deep breath and raised a fist, hesitating a bit before freezing. No, he couldn't do this, not in a million years. Someone could pay him his weight in galleons and he still wouldn't do this. But, then there was this whole thing about how really ******** up his life had been to this point, and probably still was. He'd never gone to anyone for anything regarding his issues, especially after the disastrous meeting with his head of house in third year. He'd looked up Elixir to Induce Euphoria, and well, afterwards had avoided any kind of help on that front considering that he'd been drugged. How someone could willingly give a thirteen-year-old something that made him happily recount torture as if it was the most enjoyable thing in the world was beyond him.

Taking a deep breath, he reached out and opened the door, sticking his head in and wincing before calling out. "Umm, Mr. Hughes? It's Richard Drage. I'm here for my one o'clock appointment." He was really glad that he'd managed to wear long sleeves today and left himself an out to run if he felt like it. Why the bloody hell was it so hard to discuss what happened to him, anyway? It wasn't like Megan was going to suddenly spring up from behind a curtain or something. Maybe it was just him being... And there he went, psychoanalyzing himself. He shouldn't do that. Seriously. He'd nearly driven himself crazy doing that once, and had to catch himself when he tried to do it at other times. It wasn't like he wasn't adept at healing magic or hadn't gotten O's in the classes that one would need for this kind of work. He tried to stay away because he didn't want to find himself unburying the faint possibility that he was as insane as his mum was. He probably already was anyway.

════════════════════════
                                                  Location: Niall Hughes's office
                                                  Thinking:Okay, brain, TURN OFF!
                                                  Taken By: Caitlin Engels
                                                  OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

And I had the week that came from hell
                                                  And yes I know that you could tell
                                                  But you're like the net under the ledge
                                                  When I go flying off the edge
                                                  You go flying off as well

Yukina101"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:00 am
User Image
User Image

Single☰Pureblood☰Younger Brother☰

Hold on, hold on so strong, time just carries on
All that you thought was wrong is pure again
You can't hide forever from the thunder
Look into the storm and feel the rain

Niall was at his desk looking over the clientele he was supposed to be seeing that day while writing off on those he had already seen the two days prior. It was a slow going week so far, most of the people he had or was seeing were regulars with rather non-emergency problems. The worst one of the set was an old man who seemed to have a fear of cats coming into his room at night to steal his soul. This more than likely wouldn't have been so much of a problem than a mere annoyance had this man decided to place all manner of toads around his home which croaked to alert him of passerby's and considering he lived in a well populated area, they were always croaking. Which annoyed the neighbors. Which got him reported. Which he thinks ended up with a nearly strangled house cat but mainly ended up with the old wizard's daughter sending him here rather than allowing his shenanigans to continue. With his help (and a small dosage of medication from St. Mungos) he was sure that the man would be well on the mend sooner than later. The Hufflepuff had just been writing that in his file when he heard and the door open alerting him of a new client causing him to look over his scheduling book to see who it might be. And there then he heard a distinctive male voice telling him everything that he had just been looking for. But to double check, Niall looked over his inquiry form and gave a soft hmm, possible grief counseling but mainly issues with PTSD. This was not going to be an easy person, but healing never was. Straightening his tie and jacket he stood up and walked out of his small office to see a tall redhead waiting for him and offered him a pleasant smile. "Hello Mr. Drage! Thank you for taking the time to come today and if you'll just follow me in here we can start right away." He led the other man into his decorated green room and took his usual seat in the brown squishy armchair and waited until the man was comfortable to begin. "Since this is your first visit we'll mainly be discussing whatever it is you feel like you need to get off your chest. I'll only talk if I have to, the floor is all yours." Niall told him giving free reign.

Diamond Wales

{Where~ My office
With~ Rick Drage
Why~ I work here
Thoughts~ And so it begins}

You wanna run away, run away
And you say that it can't be so
You wanna look away, look away
But you stay 'cause it's all so close
When you stand up and hold out your hand
In the face what I don't understand
My reason to be brave

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:33 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Rick blinked as he realized that Hughes seemed to be awfully young. In fact, if he didn't know any better, the guy looked like some Hufflepuff in his year. He frowned, trying to think of the name of the guy in his class but came up with a blank. Taking a deep breath, he entered fully, still nervous but hoping it wouldn't show too much. He followed the guy into a second room, this one acid green and he bit his lip. Oh no, it wasn't like this colour conjured up images from his third year at all. He closed his eyes as he took a seat and nodded to the man, wondering if he made a mistake by coming here at all. After all, it wouldn't take much for him to probably regret his decision to divulge his problems to someone.

Swallowing, he propped his chin in his elbows and thought, trying to organize his thoughts. As soon as he had entered, they became a jumbled mess of randomness that he had trouble focusing on what to say. However, he opened his eyes and looked at the man. "Okay, well, you're not here to call me crazy or something, right? I mean, I know I have problems, and a lot of them could send me to St. Mungos if they got too out of hand. It's just, I don't want to go there, but I don't know what else to do. I tried to get help once for them, but instead was drugged and made to feel glad about what happened, and I don't think that helped my issues out any. I guess I don't really feel comfortable doing this, you know? I mean, it all was years ago, and I should be over it, right? Erm, this isn't starting off on the right foot, is it?" Rick blinked as he realized he was just talking, and as his brother one time told him, had let his mouth 'runneth over'. But he didn't even know where to begin, or how he was supposed to. Ugh, why couldn't any of this be straightforward?

════════════════════════
                                                  OOC:

Yukina101"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:03 pm
User Image
User Image

Niall watched the other man compose himself as he took a seat on the couch and waited with nonchalance and no look of impatience. He knew that it sometimes took a person a while to organize their thoughts or figure out where they wanted to begin. Especially if it was their first time in therapy. When he finally opened his eyes the Hufflepuff alum merely smiled encouragingly and waited for his eventual words. His eyes widened just slightly by just how much poured out of him in such a short span of time, especially by how he judged him when he first came in. He recognized the name Rick Drage from his classes and knew of him from Hogwarts but never actually made a formal introduction, which was the main reason he felt that these sessions wouldn't be a conflict of interest. The main thing he knew about him was that he was primarily quiet and tended to blend into whatever background he was in at the time. So maybe the fact that he was literally saying whatever was on his mind was a positive sign. Maybe it meant the break down of his shields wouldn't be as slow and arduous as he assumed. He would still take it slow however, if only to be careful and mindful of his client's wants and needs. And from the looks of it, that just might be the case. "To answer your first question, no, I'm not here to call you crazy. I can see that you have issues that you are trying to work through, which is probably what you're doing here. Besides, even with the very basic definition of 'crazy' you still wouldn't register." Niall told him with a soft chuckle. He will admit to thinking that this was the most..enthusiastic he'd ever seen the other man but it still wasn't enough to call him crazy. Hearing about how he attempted to get help but was drugged instead filled him with professional indignation as well as a slight intense blip of rage. But this also gave him more insight to his client's well-being, as sordid as it sounded. Someone violated his trust to such an intense degree that he felt that he was crazy for getting help instead of the other way around. Not only would he have to help him through his troubles he'd also have get him to trust him while doing so. "I can't even possibly imagine how you must have felt being drugged and made to go through that. I totally understand you not feeling comfortable after going through something like that. And just because it happened a few years ago doesn't mean you should just 'get over it'. The very fact that you brought it up has to mean that you're clearly not over it, which is something that we could work on if you wanted to. These sessions, you talking like this, is about making you feel better about yourself. Not about how I see you or how others might possible see you. There's no right or wrong answer here, you speak if you want to or you don't. Simple as that really." Niall told him seriously leaning forward ever so slightly. He wanted Rick to understand this, it was usually the first major thing most of his clients had problems doing. They came to their sessions expecting that if they said the right thing or cried at the right time that he would write a slip of paper saying that they're cured or perfectly normal when in fact there's no such thing. When they started to talk, really talk, that was when the healing began.

Diamond Wales

{Where~ My office
With~ Rick Drage
Why~ I work here

My reason to be brave

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:36 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Rick gave a humourless chuckle as Niall said that this was to make him feel better about himself. He couldn't recall an instance when that had ever happened. Shocked at himself, horrified, terrified, annoyed, he ran the full gamut on his feelings of himself, but never had he ever felt good about himself. Only time he might have come close was when he was doing transfigurations or making potions. Then again, he had to focus to do any of those tasks and didn't think about much else. He figured his views on himself were probably the most ******** views anyone could ever have on themselves, and he wasn't going to deny the fact that he probably should have come in sooner. However, Niall was right about the fact that Rick wasn't comfortable talking to a psychologist of any sort. That he put the blame firmly on Professor Athlis.

Rick shook his head, however, mostly because he knew better. "That's where you're wrong. There is a right and a wrong answer. The right answer is to get over it and move on. The wrong answer is to live in the moment that you find yourself in. I found that out in my third year. No one cares about what happens to you. They only care that you're functioning again. I mean, that's the purpose of all of this, right? To actually make sure I'm a functioning member of society? I can say that I'm over it, but I'm not, and if you only knew why I was here, and I mean the whole story, you would know that I haven't been one of those in a long time. Torture, kidnappings, murder, that stuff does get to you. I'm just surprised that I've held together as well as I have. And no, being drugged didn't help. In fact, it probably had the opposite effect as when I was really ******** up in the head, being happy about carving open your own arm is something no one should be happy about. Didn't stop me from doing it again later, but at least then I did it on my own without someone making me do it, or feel glad I had done it."

════════════════════════
                                                  OOC:

Yukina101"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:36 pm
User Image
User Image

Niall couldn't say he was shocked at the almost bitter laugh he heard from Rick during his small tirade but had to think it had more to do with his previous encounters with someone trying to help him and less about his actual skill as a mind healer. At his answer about right and wrong answers in regards to therapy he didn't interrupt him but merely sat back in his chair and listened not even reaching to write anything down like he wanted to when he heard "torture, kidnappings, and murder." Dear Merlin, he had been in class with this guy while all of this was happening?! And he had acted like he was totally ok! Alright, maybe not "totally ok" but he wasn't a complete sodding mess like he would have surely been. He frowned at his mention of cutting and the obvious mention of being forced into it but still refrained from reaching for his notebook. When the other man became quiet and seemed finished with his small rant, he took a few seconds to organize what it was he wanted to say. "I can't say that you're wrong because that would be counterproductive to the therapy and because you're sort of not. The wrong answer is to live in moment that's keeping you from moving forward with your live, but the right answer is not to just 'get over it' and 'move on.' If you want the truth, which I'm assuming you do, then here it is: closure is a myth. Closure is something that looks good on paper but is something people feel like they're always striving for even after they say they have it. It's a end goal that's good to have but can sometimes get in the way of true happiness and most times your health. People will get so stuck on this idea that they're not ok or that they don't have closure because they'll still think about whatever it was that bothered them and then the more they think about it the farther they get from truly healing and then they're right back at square one. So you want to know the right and wrong answers to get your pass for life, ok. The wrong answer is to say that none of it bothers you and that you're perfectly fine. The right answer is what you're doing right now." Niall spoke plainly. He usually never got tough with first time customers but he figured that Rick wasn't the type to want to be coddled or lead by hand to the right conclusion. This was all about earning his trust at this point because he could see that if he didn't get his trust there would be no way he could help him.

Diamond Wales

{Where~ My office
With~ Rick Drage
Why~ I work here

My reason to be brave

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:20 am
User Image
                                          I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
                                          I know right now you can't tell
                                          But stay awhile and maybe then you'll see
                                          A different side of me

User Image
                                          ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Lᴏsᴛ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Virgil glared as he felt Rick's hand around his arm tighten before he apparated, dragging the younger man along. When they popped back into existence, he let off a few expletives, earning a look from Rick as he wrenched his arm out of the hold the other man had. "What the hell, Drage? Mind telling me before you decide to drag me along to wherever the ******** this is? And where the hell are we, anyway?"

Rick rolled his eyes at Virgil, which made the brunette suddenly want to hex him. He then shoved that thought violently away, reminding himself again that he wasn't going to let the other voice decide for him what he was going to do. It was bad enough that he was struggling as it was, and he wasn't going to lose this fight. Despite everything, he actually did care about people involved in this mess. Except for Megan. She could sod off and die in a hovel for all he cared. "We're somewhere you can get help. You are going to walk through that door and talk to the man on the other side. I don't bloody care how much you hate the idea, but I'm not a professional. He is. He'd be better able to help you than I am, and he's been helping me. He knows the whole mess about my mum, and I doubt he'll turn you in."

Virgil had looked over to the door as Rick spoke, but recoiled as he realized what Rick was talking about. He was talking about going to a mind healer. A ******** mind healer, who he didn't know, but apparently knew everything already. Had Rick told him everything, including the time he'd kidnapped the redhead and forced him to give Virgil therapy sessions? He sneered, then shoved Rick against the door. He couldn't do this. He really couldn't. He smashed his lips into Drage's, feeling the other man start in shock before he felt him reciprocate. He pulled away just long enough to whisper. "You're not making me go in there. I don't bloody care what you think. I'd rather have you as a ******** therapist and you know that. Now, you get your arse in gear and stop being a sodding wanker and do what you did the first time. Fix this!" His voice had risen with the last sentence, and he felt proud of himself. No violent thoughts at all, and he was actually being reasonable. He hadn't thrown anything yet, which is what he really wanted to do.

Rick, however, just looked him over after the kiss ended and before Virgil could stop it, had grabbed him by the forearm and dragged Virgil through the door. He tried to yank his arm out of the older man's grasp but only managed to wince in pain as Rick's grip tightened. He glared, his teeth bared and about ready to spit insults at the man.
                                          "Niall! Sorry, I know it's not a session day, but I really need your help. Specifically, he needs your help." Rick pulled Virgil before him, and Virgil practically lost it. He yanked his arm from Drage's and turned toward the other male.

He picked up the closest thing to him and threw it at the redhead, not even caring how he might look. Drage betrayed him! He knew about everything Virgil had done, and he still went through with this! He grabbed another thing and threw it, nearly screaming when Rick's own reflexes from playing keeper had caught the item before it hit the man. He then fell to his knees, fingers twisting into his hair as he tried to block the voice that was whispering that Rick had betrayed him, that he knew someone that had never betrayed him, and that he should go to her. He wasn't, he couldn't. Not again.

════════════════════════

Thinking: No, no no no no, he couldn't do this, he couldn't!
                                          OOC: Have fun Yuki! XD

I'm not crazy, I'm just a little impaired
                                          I know right now you don't care
                                          But soon enough you're gonna think of me
                                          And how I used to be

Yukina101

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:34 am
User Image
User Image

Niall wiped at his eyes and yawned for what seemed to be the fourth time in the past hour and finally, finally, conceded that it might be time for him to go home. He had gotten an influx of business lately which was like a giant double edged sword upon his life. On one hand he was happy for the business, on the other hand there were just so many people that needed help. And that horrible death eater attack earlier in the summer definitely did a number on him. Well, more upon his clients than anything. He swore he'd never had so many under-seventeens in his life. Well, in his years of business really. He groaned and put his face in his hands as he put down his pen and took a short glance at the clock on his wall. If he left now he might just be able to squeeze in an hour and a half of Zelda before bed. Mind made up, the young man stood to gather his things, namely his jacket that he had taken off earlier in the day and his briefcase beneath the desk when he heard a commotion outside his door.

Curious and just a tiny bit (ok, make a little bigger than "tiny") nervous, he grabbed hold of his wand thankful that his sleeves were already rolled up to prevent snagging. Niall recognized one of the voices as one of his regulars but the second had him worried. Was he getting attacked? Should he step in and help? Just when he had made up his mind to jump out and help when his door flew open and Rick came in dragging a tall struggling man behind him. He quickly followed and made a split decision to lock and ward the door behind him in case the unknown man tried to escape before he could figure out what the actual was happening. Then suddenly the man was throwing things at his client! The Irishman was going to intercept when the screaming man finally stopped throwing stuff and was now on the floor gripping his hair so tightly he was afraid he'd rip it out from the follicles. "Um, uh, Rick? Who's uhm, who's this and..and is he alright?" Niall asked hesitantly looking over at the other man.

Diamond Wales

{Where~ My office
With~ Rick Drage and some madman
Why~ I honestly have no idea
Thoughts~ HOLYFUDGINGCRAP}

My reason to be brave

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:24 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Rick sighed, rubbing his head as he spotted Niall coming around to lock the door and ask about what was going on. Honestly, he wasn't going to say that Virgil was okay, because he clearly wasn't. The younger boy was obviously having an episode, and he wondered how often he had those. He knew that there were times when he was trying to give Virgil therapy that Virgil would completely shift into another person, the person he had originally met, but he now knew that was just a part of the younger man's psychoses. Just how much his mum had screwed witht he younger men, he didn't know. He just knew that Virgil had a long way to go before he could even come close to saying he was okay, and Rick was bound and determined to see the Slytherin better. He couldn't explain it better than friendship, but there had to be something more, because obviously Rick wouldn't have gone the extra mile to get to Virgil to begin with.

He crossed his arms, watching Virgil carefully before looking over to Niall. "Niall, meet Virgil Ross. He's um, he's the one I told you about a while back. The one that had an obsession with me. He, umm, he kidnapped me a while ago to try and get therapy because he wasn't himself. I'm not sure, but I think it might have been dissociative identity disorder. I won't say for sure, because I'm not the professional here. All I did was get the real him out and actually talking, and that's about all I could do. Trust me, he hasn't tried to kill me yet, so it's Virgil, and not the other him. You can tell the shift, because it's... It's not him, and I can't explain it better than that." He frowned and looked back down at Virgil, who had stopped tugging at his hair and was instead glaring at the two other men.

"Stop talking about me like I'm not ******** here, Drage. You know damn well I can hear every bloody thing you're saying. And you ******** did tell him. ******** sod off and die, Drage!" He grabbed another item from off one of the tables and chucked it at Rick, and Rick was thanking Jacob for pressuring him to stay in quidditch. As it was, he wasn't sure he would have been able to catch everything Virgil kept throwing.

"Virgil, if you couldn't tell, I never even mentioned your name to him until today. And I didn't tell him everything. Can you please stop throwing things at me and consider talking to him? Bloody hell, this isn't for me, it's for you and you know it. I can't fix you. All I did was stick a bandage on it and hoped you'd find help on your own." For all of the obscenities and thrown objects, Virgil hadn't gone into scary mode yet. He'd seen it, and he never wanted to. He wasn't going to let Niall go into this blind, and he was trying to give him all the information he could about what happened before. He knew it had to be scaring Niall, but Rick was surprisingly calm. Virgil wasn't clawing at himself, he wasn't trying to throttle Niall, and he wasn't spitting vulgarities about Rick's lineage. For all of Virgil's fit, he was still Virgil, and not the other one. He was hoping that Niall would be able to tell when Virgil was going to have a fit before it started.

════════════════════════
                                                Thinking: Bloody hell, again?
                                                OOC:

Yukina101

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:03 am
User Image
User Image

Niall tried to look at Rick as he explained who his (friend?) companion was and why exactly he needed help but he couldn't pull himself away from the other man's sad visage. Well, he could see the sadness at least beneath all the rage and that's what counted right? Hearing that Rick think that the man suffered from dissociative identity disorder made his eyes widen and his mouth open to form an "oh," it made perfect sense at least. It would explain this psychotic episode, even if this wasn't the identity that was apparently the one that apparently kidnapped him. Still, if things progressed they way they slowly were that other personality would soon show up to protect this one. Maybe that's why he was raging, he also didn't want that other personality escaping and taking control. Despite his obvious dislike of him being there he had still, almost obliviously, taken the right steps into the right direction. Although he wanted to, especially since the shock was starting to wear off, Niall didn't sit in his usual chair for when he was with his clients but he instead put away his wand least the young man, Virgil, think he was a threat. Suddenly, the Hufflepuff had an idea, something so crazy he was sure if one of the higher ups saw this they'd surely believe he was the one that needed help. "Rick I need you to leave. Go and sit in my office and leave me and, Virgil wasit?. Leave me and Virgil alone so he can explain to me why you're being such a um..a 'sodding wanker' is what I think I heard." He told the red haired man motioning him towards the door and unlocking it just for him. Niall gave a look that basically screamed "TRUST ME" and pushed him from the room locking it once more before turning his attention back to Virgil. "If you would like to, you can take a seat in that big squishy chair right there or you can stand. Whichever makes you more comfortable." he suggested motioning towards his own chair and taking a seat in one of the chairs usually reserved for his clients.

Diamond Wales

{Where~ My office

My reason to be brave

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:31 am
User Image
                                          I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
                                          I know right now you can't tell
                                          But stay awhile and maybe then you'll see
                                          A different side of me

User Image
                                          ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Lᴏsᴛ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Virgil glared at Rick, watching as the other man shooed the redhead from the room and locking it behind him. Then his eyes locked on the man who had just settled into one of the chairs. He was not convinced the man was going to help him. No matter what Rick may think, this man could easily send for aurors and have Virgil arrested if he so chose. The voice was of course whispering for him to flee, to leave immediately. Virgil tried to ignore it, because whatever his other self stated never ended well. For anyone. He swallowed hard, fighting a war within to either escape as his other stated, or... He shook his head, bringing up a hand to try and block the other from whispering. Slowly standing, he eyed the doctor and considered running. However, Rick had stated that if the redhead was going to help Virgil, he had to abide by what Rick decided. Apparently Rick had decided that a professional was better, but that didn't mean that he trusted him. Rick might be willing to spill his secrets to a complete stranger, but Virgil wasn't so inclined. "Trying to make me comfortable? It won't work. I don't trust you. Drage might, but I don't. I can't. Go ahead and psychoanalyze the ******** out of that if you want to."

He took a seat however, trying to gather his usual composure. His eyes stayed on the healer and he crossed his arms. He didn't have to talk if he didn't want to. He remembered that well from when he'd had his 'sessions' with Drage. And Rick had reciprocated with silence when he'd been ranting and raving. He knew the other him hated that. He didn't recall anything when he had been ranting, but he had heard enough when he'd been aware enough to ask. He tried to look bored, and for the most part was succeeding. However, his mind was too busy trying to shove the voice back into its box to really be bored. He just hoped it didn't show.

════════════════════════

Thinking: No, no no no no, he couldn't do this, he couldn't!
                                          OOC: Have fun Yuki! XD

I'm not crazy, I'm just a little impaired
                                          I know right now you don't care
                                          But soon enough you're gonna think of me
                                          And how I used to be

Yukina101

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:55 pm
User Image
User Image

Niall watched the young man try to make up his mind about whether he wanted to stay or escape. It wasn't exactly legilimency to see that he desperately wanted out and did not condone being locked in here with him. Not that he could blame him since being forced into therapy was a shock all on it's own, but his level of shock tolerance was probably unbearably low. He couldn't help but chuckle a bit as he threw back his ruse to get him comfortable enough to talk before actually taking a seat anyway. He might have taken the seat but his body language still screamed noncompliance even if his face tried to school itself into usual pureblood boredom. The Hufflepuff knew the face well, he had been trained to keep the face since he was old enough to know what a face was. Didn't help much when he was sorted into the badger house, but he could still identify it even if he couldn't actually do it. His father and ancestors must be rolling in their graves, and yet he couldn't find himself to care. "Well in order to psychoanalyze you I'd need for you to open up a little. And you apparently won't do that because you don't trust me, which is totally understandable! I'm just this guy Rick dragged you too who he said could help with whatever you're struggling with. So! Uh, since trust is a two-way street, I guess I'll start with me first! I'm Niall Hughes, I was a Hufflepuff, I'm twenty-three, and I like to read classical literature, like Mary Shelly's Frankenstein, which was awesome by the way, and I'm just working my way back through Tolkien again. I haven't read his stuff since I was back at Hogwarts. What about you? What do you like to do?" Niall asked after his short off the wall rambling session. What he really wanted to ask was what was the relationship between him and Rick, but he felt like he should hold on to that question for another time. Or when it just presented itself, you just never really know.

Diamond Wales

{Where~ My office

My reason to be brave

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:30 pm
User Image
                                                I sat alone, in bed 'til the morning
                                                I'm crying, "They're coming for me"
                                                And I tried to hold these secrets inside me
                                                My mind's like a deadly disease

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Aᴜɢᴜʀᴇʏ Cʟᴀɴ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ Vᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇ

════════════════════════

Virgil slumped down, resting his head against the wall of the office. He was exhausted. It was getting toward dawn, and he needed to sleep. Or whatever it was he did now. He wasn't too sure, but he knew that he had to get away from Harbinger and Amnesia. He'd gone with Harbinger when it had first turned him, but now he'd found out exactly why it had turned him to begin with. He was a curiosity to them. How quaint. His mental illness was something that apparently lured in madmen and vampires. That was not something he liked to hear about Dante and Virgie. Which, ugh, did that idiot new ego of his have to choose such a stupid name? He was fully aware of it now, considering that Virgie and Dante argued. Constantly. In fact, they were arguing right now, and Virgil pressed his fingers to his temples to try and stop the growing headache he was feeling. He'd been having a lot of those, ever since Shaw had kidnapped and tortured him and Jaslyn. He hadn't heard anything about Megan, which was both a blessing and a curse. More than likely a curse. She was off doing Circe knew what in the wake of Shaw's death, and Virgil wasn't in a rush to find her. No, he'd much prefer it if he was just left alone and not bothered with the issues he had.

Which had led him here. Dante had been quite agreeable about the fact that 'Virgie' needed to be dealt with, but Dante refused to reintegrate him into his psyche. Which, Virgil didn't blame him. Virgie was too much of a wild card, ready to jump at any sort of acceptance and do what he was told without complaint, even going as far as to try and send an owl to Megan. Try, as Aranhod had proceeded to peck his hands any time the simpleton tried to send letters out. For that alone he loved his owl. However, it didn't fix the problem he was facing right now, which was to get rid of Virgie permanently. And he was tired. Really tired. He blinked toward the window, reaffirming that he had pulled the shades down and gotten himself into a place where even with the shades up, the sun wouldn't touch him. Now he laid the note he had written out in the middle of Niall's desk, hoping the healer would understand not to open the shades or drag him out into sunlight before he saw the note. Virgil doubted he'd be conscious when Niall returned to his office. At least Virgil had enough sense to repair the door frame he'd accidentally splintered by forcing the door open. He'd hate to include a repair bill on his already pretty substantial medical one. Confident that he had taken every precaution, he closed his eyes, slipping into the oblivion he knew awaited him when he slept.

Virgil
                                                Niall,

Before you freak out about a dead body being in your office, DON'T. Don't open the shades or try to drag me into sunlight. That will only cause me irreparable harm, and I don't think you want my death on your conscience. I just had a very substantial change of the undead variety happen, and as a result, am now a vampire. Yes, I know you're going to ask me endless questions about what happened and who did this to me, but I would appreciate it if such a conversation happened after dusk. I would have gone over to your house, but I don't know where you live and I don't think you want Dante knowing either. This, I believe, was the best compromise.

Virgil

════════════════════════

Thinking: He had better read that damn note first!
                                                OOC:

I paced around for hours, on empty
                                                I jumped at the slightest of sounds
                                                And I couldn't stand the person inside me
                                                I turned all the mirrors around

Yukina101

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:41 pm
User Image
User Image

Niall yawned as he apparated a block away making sure that his thermos lid was still on correctly (he had to since the mishap a few months ago where he hadn't and his lid and half his tea appeared in his underpants, not a good way to start the day) before taking a sip and continuing on his morning trek. He used to apparate straight in his office when he first started everything but as the years passed he found he quite liked the quiet walk using the time to gather his thoughts and enjoy the cool breeze of the early morn. He was feeling a little zippier than he usually did in the morning and had a slight spring in his step and was happily whistling a melody from Twilight Princess. It might have to do with actually getting a goodnight's sleep for once or for finishing up a documentary he had started months ago on Netflix. Or it could be both, who really knew? All he knew was it was the beginning of a great day.

When he finally reached his office door he pulled out the key and went in and was halfway to his small office before he realized something felt off. Not horror movie, ohgodsomething'sbehindme, off just...weird. He wouldv'e just shrugged it off had he noticed the scratch on his door was repaired. When moving his stuff in (the muggle way as to avoid detection in his otherwise very muggle environment) his chair had scratched the door and rather than fix it he had decided to keep it. Sort of as a memento. The fact that it was now gone meant something. Frowning, the Hufflepuff cautiously took out his wand and muttered a quiet spell to detect any other presences and was surprised when it turned up that there was someone actually in his office. With his wand still out, Niall approached his office with soft slow steps before quietly opening the door to see if there was anyone behind it. He was a bit more than surprised to see that his intruder was a white haired male slumped against his wall. Holy smokes, was he even breathing?! The young man quickly looked for any sort of mirror or shiny surface and found a pocket one left by a client the other day and held it underneath the man's nose. A sigh of relief escaped him when hot air hit it. Great, so he wasn't dead, but that still didn't answer why he was there.

He gently prodded the man to see if he would awaken but when nothing else happened he poked him a bit harder trying to refrain from outright shaking him. It was only when he had straightened up again did he notice a piece of paper on his desk that he had most assuredly not left there the night before. Even more curious, Niall went over to it and read it with his eyes widening in surprise over the fact that not only was there a vampire in his office, but that it was Virgil. Dear Merlin no wonder he looked terrible, but the hair color was still new. Was that part of the change? He'd have to ask Ada next time he saw her. Conspicuously mind. Or as conspicuous as he could be when talking to a person who could literally smell a lie. He'd figure something out. Maybe Gardenia had some books he could borrow. The young mind healer gave another sigh before taking a glance at the prone figure on his wall. The very least he could do was honor his request. He spelled the shades in office with a darkening charm he had learned from his and Emmet's favorite aunt, the same who had actually left them their home. She was a bit eccentric and loved doing photography the muggle way and so had taught them that charm to create the perfect dark room. He'd never thought he'd use it to protect a client turned vampire. And his horoscope had said nothing special would happen today. Bah! After a small chuckle at his odd thinking and another scope of his room he quickly exited making sure to take any files he would need for the morning as to be the least bothersome and it was only after he had closed the door with a soft click did he realize something.
                                                  He had poked a bloody vampire.
                                                  "I am positively mental." Niall said out loud resolutely.

Diamond Wales

{Where~ My office
With~ Apparently Virgil
Why~ I'm wondering the same thing
Thoughts~ There are literally no words}

My reason to be brave

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:05 pm
User Image
                                                I sat alone, in bed 'til the morning
                                                I'm crying, "They're coming for me"
                                                And I tried to hold these secrets inside me
                                                My mind's like a deadly disease

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Aᴜɢᴜʀᴇʏ Cʟᴀɴ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ Vᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇ

════════════════════════

Virgil awoke with a gasp, which turned into a frown as soon as he realized that he had done something he didn't need to do. Unfortunately, it was probably going to take a long while to stop breathing, which was just as annoying as it sounded. He ran his hand though his hair, glancing around and noticing that the shades were still drawn. Well, that was good. That meant that no one had been in and done something. Or no one had been in at all. He might have come by when Niall was on vacation, for all he knew. It had been at least six months since he had seen the man. He clenched his jaw, ignoring that thought. No, if Niall had been on vacation, there would have been a note or something on the door. Or something. The office still smelled like it had been recently used to, so...

He stopped, listening hard. Ah, there it was. There was still someone here. He could hear the heartbeat. He rose quietly, deciding to ignore for the moment that he should go out hunting and eat someone. He could control himself, despite what Harbie had stated. It had taken a bit of work, but he had managed it. Score one for him, zip for Harbinger. He shoved his current hunger to the back of his mind so far that he didn't even register it and walked to the door. He could definitely smell the person beyond, and the cologne, and ugh, that was really strong to his senses. He'd forgotten how much some people used it, and always had a headache around people who wore heavy cologne or perfume. It was just nauseating to him nowadays. He let out a soft sigh, reached for the handle, and opened the door.

It was easy to find Niall, who had decided it seemed to stay later than he usually would for office hours. Mentally he winced, since he knew it had to be late. Especially with how it was now nearing summer and his time awake was growing less and less. In any case, Niall seemed to have his paperwork spread out before him and was working on it on the floor, which surprised Virgil since he had expected to have Niall studying him like some kind of potion ingredient or something. However, he cleared his throat as he entered the room and chewed on his lower lip before deciding to speak.
                                                "You know, I don't think I would have cared if you had done that in your office. I did kind of break in this morning. Um, thanks for not opening the shades." He watched Niall, waiting for the first reaction. Obviously he wasn't going to attack him. If he had wanted to, he would have done so when he found Virgil in his office. Then again, he might have been terrified if Virgil or worse, Dante, decided to retaliate against any attack. That wasn't going to win him any points for trying to convince Niall to help him, after all.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Good, he actually read that damned note.
                                                OOC:

I paced around for hours, on empty
                                                I jumped at the slightest of sounds
                                                And I couldn't stand the person inside me
                                                I turned all the mirrors around

Yukina101

Entrepreneurs (Broommakers, Wandmakers, etc.)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games