Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Introductions
old *refreshed* gaian saying hello! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kazeaka

Generous Swapper

12,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:03 pm
Welcome to the world of tomorrow!!!! heart
Feel free to stop by Wisteria's Free Zone as we have many games and contest going on!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:40 pm
ephemeral DELUSiON

thank you for the compliments on my post style! you can do one of the following for a cool format:

[o1.] copy and paste the code each time. this is the obvs. the harder way of doing it, but it isn't too bad.
if you have a simple post style -- i.e. centre and smaller -- then sometimes it is easy to to apply it manually each time.

[o2.] get a browser extension that automates post styles. if you run chrome, there is the BetterGaia extension.
if you run firefox, there is BetterGaia extension as well as Tektek Toolbar. i am currently using BetterGaia, although i have use Tektek in the past.
i don't know what there is for safari, internet explorer or opera though -- likely, there isn't anything, sadly.

basically, they explain how they work when you install the things. if not, they all have help // guide threads, so doing a quick google for those will help.

as for what you actually code, however... that is up to you to have a decent knowledge of bbcode, lol. again, google can help you with that.

generally, for donation reasoning, being humble is the best option. granted, most people will just... donate if they feel like it, so 'begging' on the whole is generally not the best.
becoming friends with them is definitely the preferably option! (and don't just befriend them for money, lolol.)

BB code I can do, I was just wondering because it seem like a bit much to constantly copy paste a code for every reply. (I like graphics layouts so even then doing it manually when I don't have a handy code to copy paste would take a bit time.)

Ha, I see! Though I'm probably a weirdo but what do you actually post there? How do you keep it going?  

Dead Villain

Dangerous Raider

3,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

ephemeral DELUSiON

Destitute Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:26 am
Diamond Skyelight
BB code I can do, I was just wondering because it seem like a bit much to constantly copy paste a code for every reply. (I like graphics layouts so even then doing it manually when I don't have a handy code to copy paste would take a bit time.)

Ha, I see! Though I'm probably a weirdo but what do you actually post there? How do you keep it going?
▌▌Dᴇᴄᴀᴅᴇɴ ᴛ ɪ ᴀ . . .

hmm, if you're not posting an insane amount, it's not all that bad. generally, i used to leave a notepad open with the code and some placebo text that i'd just copypasta a whole bunch. it was only ctrl+a then ctrl+v and then del so it wasn't all that much of a hassle, in terms of typing.

and what do you mean, what do i actually post? hmm... well that is dependent on the reason why you are here, i guess! i am here for the plot and items now mostly, so i generally am in the gaia exchange forum (buying and selling items, or charity and quests) and gaia community discussion (achievements help, and the main folder to talk about gaia). i used to LIVE in the j-rock subforum, but not so much anymore, as it isn't my life as much as it used to be.

i've been getting into roleplaying on here again tho, so that's another thing too. and i have found the joys of giving feedback, so i have been in site feedback forums as well... then, of course, i have been in a few guilds (namely this one)... and i have also been trying to get myself an art shot thread as well, lolol.

so, tl;dr, you can do anything you feel like.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:59 pm
ephemeral DELUSiON
Diamond Skyelight

▌▌Dᴇᴄᴀᴅᴇɴ ᴛ ɪ ᴀ . . .

hmm, if you're not posting an insane amount, it's not all that bad. generally, i used to leave a notepad open with the code and some placebo text that i'd just copypasta a whole bunch. it was only ctrl+a then ctrl+v and then del so it wasn't all that much of a hassle, in terms of typing.

and what do you mean, what do i actually post? hmm... well that is dependent on the reason why you are here, i guess! i am here for the plot and items now mostly, so i generally am in the gaia exchange forum (buying and selling items, or charity and quests) and gaia community discussion (achievements help, and the main folder to talk about gaia). i used to LIVE in the j-rock subforum, but not so much anymore, as it isn't my life as much as it used to be.

i've been getting into roleplaying on here again tho, so that's another thing too. and i have found the joys of giving feedback, so i have been in site feedback forums as well... then, of course, i have been in a few guilds (namely this one)... and i have also been trying to get myself an art shot thread as well, lolol.

so, tl;dr, you can do anything you feel like.

Oh, XD I meant how do you keep the quest thread going. ha ha.  

Dead Villain

Dangerous Raider

3,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

ephemeral DELUSiON

Destitute Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:59 am
Diamond Skyelight

Oh, XD I meant how do you keep the quest thread going. ha ha.

▌▌Dᴇᴄᴀᴅᴇɴ ᴛ ɪ ᴀ . . .

well, after you set it up // post it, you just... bump it every so often? or get friends to talk in it so people see it places?
you don't need to post in it much, you just need to keep it up to date, and them make sure it gets exposure.
that way, if people do feel inclined to donate when they see your thing, they can.

☆ Introductions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff