Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Item Quests
Foxy Lady Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Morrigan Skylar

Greedy Smoker

26,475 Points
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Skilled Decorator 100
  • Professional Decorator 250
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:45 pm
I vote 4 fox ears...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:24 pm
Morrigan Skylar
I vote 4 fox ears...

Pointy ears are good ears!  

Phaedrina

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:01 am
Phaedrina
sdrawkcab
Oh. XD I thought you'd finished your quest. I just previewed the wolf ears in the marketplace. I see what you mean about the pointy factor. I vote keep the cat ears on as you save for your pointy ears. ^^ The old fox ears and tail hold a special place in my heart, but they're not the status items they once were. The cat ears are an upgrade in this case. (I mean, not just status as it pertains to wealth. The fox ears gained a nooby connotation for a while. I rarely see those fox ears worn nowadays so I don't know users' current attitudes toward them. I think it's pretty neutral now but I don't know.)

I'm definitely making progress on my quest! Although, once I run out of charms to sell, I'll have to figure something else out.
When my account got reactivated, I still had the original ears and tail on, which is what has led to upgrading. Considering there were no animated items I can remember form 2004, I'd say that is probably the biggest upgrade I can do for my avatar right now. I'm not sure I will ever get rid of the originals, even to fund raise for the wolf ears, because I may swap them in now and again.

Woot! Congrats on your progress!

Ha yeah I believe 2010 was when animated items first appeared. So I still consider them to be a new thing. XD; ^^ I like your plan. I wore a pair of fox ears and a tail for my first year and a half on Gaia. They were part of my avatar and I rarely unequipped them. I still have my original pair. <3 And I wear them from time to time. :3 I couldn't imagine selling them.

It's too bad that the account reactivations didn't happen earlier. [Official Grant Item Archive] It contains a list of links you can click to claim free grant items. Some of the freebies are lame, but hey, they're free. c:
There are different ways to earn gold... My method is slow. > < I collect cash from the Free Gaia Cash Tree. I earn 5gc (5 gaia cash) per video. Most days I earn nothing; some days I earn ~25gc. There are other free offers that can be done, like downloading an app, that can grant an instant 100gc. Anyway, last I checked the other day, a 199c item was selling for 27b. The best item to sell varies daily. While it takes time to rack up the cash, it's something you can do in addition to selling charms that doesn't take too long each day. (Whatever you do, don't buy and open anything that promises a chance at opening the item for 18*d42 billion gold (a gold generator). Not only are they bad for the economy, the average payout also gives you much less gold than if you just outright sold an item for the same amount of cash.)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:08 pm
The weather has been beautiful, so I'm just stopping by briefly. I look forward to catching up soon!  

Phaedrina

Phaedrina

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:00 pm
sdrawkcab

Ha yeah I believe 2010 was when animated items first appeared. So I still consider them to be a new thing. XD; ^^ I like your plan. I wore a pair of fox ears and a tail for my first year and a half on Gaia. They were part of my avatar and I rarely unequipped them. I still have my original pair. <3 And I wear them from time to time. :3 I couldn't imagine selling them.

It's too bad that the account reactivations didn't happen earlier. [Official Grant Item Archive] It contains a list of links you can click to claim free grant items. Some of the freebies are lame, but hey, they're free. c:
There are different ways to earn gold... My method is slow. > < I collect cash from the Free Gaia Cash Tree. I earn 5gc (5 gaia cash) per video. Most days I earn nothing; some days I earn ~25gc. There are other free offers that can be done, like downloading an app, that can grant an instant 100gc. Anyway, last I checked the other day, a 199c item was selling for 27b. The best item to sell varies daily. While it takes time to rack up the cash, it's something you can do in addition to selling charms that doesn't take too long each day. (Whatever you do, don't buy and open anything that promises a chance at opening the item for 18*d42 billion gold (a gold generator). Not only are they bad for the economy, the average payout also gives you much less gold than if you just outright sold an item for the same amount of cash.)

Thank you!
Considering how long Gaia has been around, 2010 is still pretty new! I was thinking maybe the items has been around a lot longer than that. I saw you had your fox ears and tail on just a few days ago. They looked cute!

Thank you for the links! Freebies are fantastic. I'm methodically working my way through the list. Some of the links have expired already, but most work beautifully! Thank you for the tip about the GC. I didn't realize how useful it could be. I will be sure not to buy a gold generator, since I don't want to hurt the economy. When my account was first reactivated, I had 10,000 gold or so. I was never rich, but I remember that amount of old being worth something.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:21 pm
So far the vote is 4 to 1 for fox ears. Fun! cat_blaugh  

Phaedrina

Phaedrina

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:40 pm
Got two more charms sold today. Good progress!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:18 am
Phaedrina
sdrawkcab

Thank you!
Considering how long Gaia has been around, 2010 is still pretty new! I was thinking maybe the items has been around a lot longer than that. I saw you had your fox ears and tail on just a few days ago. They looked cute!

Thank you for the links! Freebies are fantastic. I'm methodically working my way through the list. Some of the links have expired already, but most work beautifully! Thank you for the tip about the GC. I didn't realize how useful it could be. I will be sure not to buy a gold generator, since I don't want to hurt the economy. When my account was first reactivated, I had 10,000 gold or so. I was never rich, but I remember that amount of old being worth something.
Yeah, there are tons of animated items in the marketplace, so it does look that way. ^^ And thanks! After making that post, I realized that it had been a while since I wore them so I had to remedy it.

Darn, the thread owner tries to keep that list up to date. I'm sorry to hear that some were expired. D; Oh my, do you mean to say that you had 10k in 04 (maybe early 05)? Yeah that was a decent chunk of change. XD Especially since you could only earn that by posting/polling... @ .@; That's a lot of dedication!

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Phaedrina

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:33 pm
sdrawkcab

Yeah, there are tons of animated items in the marketplace, so it does look that way. ^^ And thanks! After making that post, I realized that it had been a while since I wore them so I had to remedy it.

Darn, the thread owner tries to keep that list up to date. I'm sorry to hear that some were expired. D; Oh my, do you mean to say that you had 10k in 04 (maybe early 05)? Yeah that was a decent chunk of change. XD Especially since you could only earn that by posting/polling... @ .@; That's a lot of dedication!

I don't know if it is just me, but it certainly looks like there are new items being added all the time. This is pretty exciting!

I am sure there are a lot of links to keep track of, and considering how long the list is, I think the thread owner is doing a great job. Prior to being reactivated, my last time online was December 2004. So, your timing is pretty close. I guess I was a busy little posting bee. cat_sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:34 pm
Looks like I'm 2 to 4 for cat vs. wolf ears. Wondering if I should do the first vote to 20 determines if I should continue to try or not?  

Phaedrina

Phaedrina

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:13 am
Played a couple games, but they are hard! Not sure I can make a lot of gold that way, but it was fun to try them.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:58 pm
Phaedrina
sdrawkcab

I don't know if it is just me, but it certainly looks like there are new items being added all the time. This is pretty exciting!

I am sure there are a lot of links to keep track of, and considering how long the list is, I think the thread owner is doing a great job. Prior to being reactivated, my last time online was December 2004. So, your timing is pretty close. I guess I was a busy little posting bee. cat_sweatdrop

Yep! Gaia adds new items to the Cash Shop daily. @ .@; We get one gold shop update per month (usually). I love that we have so many more options... And everything comes in the same color palette now. xDD It's extremely easy to make matching avatars in those colors.

Wow. It just hit me. This site is totally different from the last time you logged on then. @ .@ You know what? The current economy is sort of what I pictured it being like. Except that I thought that Donation Items would continue to be the only items bought with real money... Also I thought that the rule that "the older the item, the more expensive it is" would always reign true. @ .@; ... I have a few monthly collectible letters that are worth diddly squat. :/ Bad investments.

I was going to suggest that you could add Tekteks to your first post to show what the two options are, like:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
But Tektek doesn't have the orange wolf ears. D:

And <.< >.> the game prize outputs haven't been updated. I think they're only worth playing if you enjoy them. > <;;; The exceptions would be, ummm
Fishing. Fish can be sold for a lot in the marketplace, especially once you're able to catch the rare fish.
And collecting trash in Towns. You'd have to see which papers, bugs and flowers are most worth your time, though it's not very fun.
I believe some components found in zOMG could be worth the time it takes to collect, especially making orb aggregates... but that would take a bit more time investment to even get to that point. Plus, zOMG is currently disabled for maintenance.
Ummm... the other option is Booty Grab. The payout isn't too high, but it's probably worth it depending on how much you like/dislike other games.
Um, Tiles might be an okay game. It spits out tickets.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe the best way to make gold is to play the market. Buy low, sell high. You know, that jazz. It'll just take a bit of time to look into which items (types of items) you should invest in, when to sell and when to repeat.
Certain Limited Items are also great investments since they can't be re-released for 6 months.
And art. If you've got art skills, you're pretty set. :3 Actually, the only problem is finding users who are willing to pay the equivalent of $10/hour spent. (The price/worth of art is an ongoing debate now.)

Also, instead of selling charms, you could craft items with them. You'll have to check, but a lot of the crafted items sell for more than the individual charms. I've heard of some people who buy up charms on the marketplace, craft an item, sell it and then repeat the process.

And now I'm going to stop here or I'll just keep typing. xD; (My bad habit.)

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Phaedrina

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:21 pm
sdrawkcab

I'm sure it is not easy to keep track of the list, and the majority of the links worked beautifully. I did sell some of the items I received for free, so I am even closer to my goal!

Dedication, and I made some good friends. I sent messages to people I met back then, but it looks like no one I was in contact with back then is around now. A little sad, but with so much time having passed, we may not have much in common anymore.

There are so many items, it almost makes it difficult to choose! The colors and styles are beautiful, and with so many options, it becomes easy to express yourself. These changes to Gaia are wonderful!

I hadn't given much thought to how Gaia would change over time. I should have expected the addition of advertisement, money, and deals. Seems to be the trend of the times. I'm impressed you pictured some of the changes!

I will have to take a look at the Tektek site. To be honest, I haven't yet, because I'm waiting for a rainy day. I think the next week will be a touch busy, but after that I am looking forward to exploring more. I'll take a look at the games more later too!

I'm interested in this zOMG game. Are the components you talk about for alchemy? I have looked into this, but again, probably not as much as I could. There are so many things, some days the whole site gets a little overwhelming. I'll look into the Booty Grab thing. None of the other games have been super interesting so far, but time will tell. I tried tiles, but I played for awhile and lost, so didn't get anything. Still a little bitter about that. I really appreciate the tips. I didn't get any charms today, so my gold just sort of sat there without increasing. A little discouraging.

I might have to look into the crafting too. That is the GoFusion thingy? Guess I'll just have to start saving a few charms a day then. Not sure how long it will take to get to a couple hundred!

I like that you're chatty! I'm finding the information very helpful. Thank you!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:25 am
Phaedrina
sdrawkcab

I'm sure it is not easy to keep track of the list, and the majority of the links worked beautifully. I did sell some of the items I received for free, so I am even closer to my goal!

Dedication, and I made some good friends. I sent messages to people I met back then, but it looks like no one I was in contact with back then is around now. A little sad, but with so much time having passed, we may not have much in common anymore.

There are so many items, it almost makes it difficult to choose! The colors and styles are beautiful, and with so many options, it becomes easy to express yourself. These changes to Gaia are wonderful!

I hadn't given much thought to how Gaia would change over time. I should have expected the addition of advertisement, money, and deals. Seems to be the trend of the times. I'm impressed you pictured some of the changes!

I will have to take a look at the Tektek site. To be honest, I haven't yet, because I'm waiting for a rainy day. I think the next week will be a touch busy, but after that I am looking forward to exploring more. I'll take a look at the games more later too!

I'm interested in this zOMG game. Are the components you talk about for alchemy? I have looked into this, but again, probably not as much as I could. There are so many things, some days the whole site gets a little overwhelming. I'll look into the Booty Grab thing. None of the other games have been super interesting so far, but time will tell. I tried tiles, but I played for awhile and lost, so didn't get anything. Still a little bitter about that. I really appreciate the tips. I didn't get any charms today, so my gold just sort of sat there without increasing. A little discouraging.

I might have to look into the crafting too. That is the GoFusion thingy? Guess I'll just have to start saving a few charms a day then. Not sure how long it will take to get to a couple hundred!

I like that you're chatty! I'm finding the information very helpful. Thank you!

Yay! Glad to hear that it was able to help a bit more. :3 Have I mentioned Dumpster Dive, yet? I must have. You can dive once every five minutes. You're bound to get trash and junk items. However, sometimes you might a donated item that's worth a few million gold. Today, I got a heart charm that someone donated. <3 I'm going to sell it and put it towards buying some of the H&R Wesley Grab Bags. I love some of those items. @ 3@

Darn. I bet that would've been pretty cool for you and the people you knew. Most of the people on my friend list are inactive, but I don't delete them in hopes that they do reappear eventually~

Haha yeah, and the new items are so pretty. @ .@ Don't get me wrong, I still wear a lot of the older items because I do like them.... but I love the leg and arm mods.

Yeah... ad placement grew more rampant over time. That's a whole story in itself. XD; The Cash Shop went through many trends.... The only "premium" items were Monthly Collectibles until the Cash Shop was opened in 2007(?). At first, most items cost less than five dollars. Then we got Evolving Items, then I believe that Chance Items were big, then Rapid Evolving Items (while Chance Items still remained big). I saw threads where users were trying to predict what trend would come next. I don't think any of us saw gold generators in our future. Seriously. I think gold generators appeared some time after black friday of last year, (but I'm not sure). Before that, the staff maintained that the marketplace is all user-run and they don't interfere, but they also didn't greatly upset the gold balance. Now Gaia pumps mega amounts of gold into the system. It's crazy. It's something I never saw coming, ever. x ---x;

Take your time! I don't mean to sound like I'm pushing Tektek. > <; It's just that my main Gaia focus usually revolves around creating avatars. xD; So Tektek just comes up a lot when I talk. XD

Alchemy borrows from features that are older than it. So some zOMG items are used for Alchemy. Most things you find in zOMG will be used towards "recipes" whereas Alchemy uses "formulas." Alchemy is what runs our marketplace right now (as far as game/special items go) so when/if you really get into zOMG, I can point you in a direction that would be somewhat profitable (I think XD; ).
zOMG will take a bit of dedication. It's a wannabe MMO. It sucks up time (as most games do).
I used to enjoy zOMG. I beat the main story line of the game. I think the most frustration will come when you have to join up with other users. There are just some people who can't/won't follow simple instructions.

I don't enjoy Gaia's games anymore. I used to. I think I mostly liked the gold and prizes. Speaking of games, "Switchem" will soon appear. It's become a new tradition that "Switchem" appears whenever we have a site-wide event. People say it's like Candy Crush. I think it's currently my favorite game on Gaia, even though I don't like it much. XD However, I do play it for the item prizes.
Halloween usually has two main events: A forum-based battle and Trick-Or-Treating (ToTing) in the shops. I'm not looking forward to the forum portion as I'm pretty sure it will now cost a lot of gold to participate in it. However, you'll likely be able to visit the shops, ToT at each, then collect a set of Halloween-themed items.
Oh! In the spirit of making gold, if you're online and collect the items when it first goes live, you can make quite a bit of gold by selling your items. (Then buy them back later for less if you want them.)

As to Booty Grab, it used to be a great way to make gold. O: Er, it's still the same. It's just that market prices are much higher. > <; But yeah, I'd average about 15-25k in 30 minutes with my crappy computer. That's not too bad, but I think you could earn more by fishing and selling the fish. It just depends on what you can tolerate. XD

Sorry to hear that you didn't get any charms. As to fusing charms, always check the marketplace value of an item before you make it. @ .@ Like, there are glasses that can be created using 3 heart charms. But they're so easy to make that they sell for like 10k. Haha, it's great for me since I got glasses without using charms... but yeah. > <
I was saving up for the pink and brown panda hats. @ 3@ I'm not sure they're worth hundreds of hearts though, so I might just make some of the other, easier items. :3

Yeah, this site is more confusing than it needs to be. XD; Yeah I'm trying to use proper Gaia terms without defining each one. > < So please don't hesitate to stop me if something doesn't make sense. ^^

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Phaedrina

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:24 pm
sdrawkcab

Yay! Glad to hear that it was able to help a bit more. :3 Have I mentioned Dumpster Dive, yet? I must have. You can dive once every five minutes. You're bound to get trash and junk items. However, sometimes you might a donated item that's worth a few million gold. Today, I got a heart charm that someone donated. <3 I'm going to sell it and put it towards buying some of the H&R Wesley Grab Bags. I love some of those items. @ 3@

Darn. I bet that would've been pretty cool for you and the people you knew. Most of the people on my friend list are inactive, but I don't delete them in hopes that they do reappear eventually~

Haha yeah, and the new items are so pretty. @ .@ Don't get me wrong, I still wear a lot of the older items because I do like them.... but I love the leg and arm mods.

Yeah... ad placement grew more rampant over time. That's a whole story in itself. XD; The Cash Shop went through many trends.... The only "premium" items were Monthly Collectibles until the Cash Shop was opened in 2007(?). At first, most items cost less than five dollars. Then we got Evolving Items, then I believe that Chance Items were big, then Rapid Evolving Items (while Chance Items still remained big). I saw threads where users were trying to predict what trend would come next. I don't think any of us saw gold generators in our future. Seriously. I think gold generators appeared some time after black friday of last year, (but I'm not sure). Before that, the staff maintained that the marketplace is all user-run and they don't interfere, but they also didn't greatly upset the gold balance. Now Gaia pumps mega amounts of gold into the system. It's crazy. It's something I never saw coming, ever. x ---x;

Take your time! I don't mean to sound like I'm pushing Tektek. > <; It's just that my main Gaia focus usually revolves around creating avatars. xD; So Tektek just comes up a lot when I talk. XD

Alchemy borrows from features that are older than it. So some zOMG items are used for Alchemy. Most things you find in zOMG will be used towards "recipes" whereas Alchemy uses "formulas." Alchemy is what runs our marketplace right now (as far as game/special items go) so when/if you really get into zOMG, I can point you in a direction that would be somewhat profitable (I think XD; ).
zOMG will take a bit of dedication. It's a wannabe MMO. It sucks up time (as most games do).
I used to enjoy zOMG. I beat the main story line of the game. I think the most frustration will come when you have to join up with other users. There are just some people who can't/won't follow simple instructions.

I don't enjoy Gaia's games anymore. I used to. I think I mostly liked the gold and prizes. Speaking of games, "Switchem" will soon appear. It's become a new tradition that "Switchem" appears whenever we have a site-wide event. People say it's like Candy Crush. I think it's currently my favorite game on Gaia, even though I don't like it much. XD However, I do play it for the item prizes.
Halloween usually has two main events: A forum-based battle and Trick-Or-Treating (ToTing) in the shops. I'm not looking forward to the forum portion as I'm pretty sure it will now cost a lot of gold to participate in it. However, you'll likely be able to visit the shops, ToT at each, then collect a set of Halloween-themed items.
Oh! In the spirit of making gold, if you're online and collect the items when it first goes live, you can make quite a bit of gold by selling your items. (Then buy them back later for less if you want them.)

As to Booty Grab, it used to be a great way to make gold. O: Er, it's still the same. It's just that market prices are much higher. > <; But yeah, I'd average about 15-25k in 30 minutes with my crappy computer. That's not too bad, but I think you could earn more by fishing and selling the fish. It just depends on what you can tolerate. XD

Sorry to hear that you didn't get any charms. As to fusing charms, always check the marketplace value of an item before you make it. @ .@ Like, there are glasses that can be created using 3 heart charms. But they're so easy to make that they sell for like 10k. Haha, it's great for me since I got glasses without using charms... but yeah. > <
I was saving up for the pink and brown panda hats. @ 3@ I'm not sure they're worth hundreds of hearts though, so I might just make some of the other, easier items. :3

Yeah, this site is more confusing than it needs to be. XD; Yeah I'm trying to use proper Gaia terms without defining each one. > < So please don't hesitate to stop me if something doesn't make sense. ^^

I think the Welcoming Fairy mentioned Dumpster Dive, although I had no idea I could play every 5 minutes. Mostly I have been getting the little carts, clicking the Dumpster game, and then exploring the forums. All I seem to get are these Philosopher Cache items, but when I open them, I get another bag, and then when I pick an item, it doesn't sell for much. Am I better off just selling the first bag?

I can't find the H&R Wesley Grab Bags in the Market Place. Where do you find them?

I'm not sure I really understand about gold generators. It sounds like you spend real money to buy gold? Previously you would just spend real money to buy items? It was definitely simpler before, when there was no real money, and you just showed up.

By the way, I deleted some of the messages from the Welcoming Fairy by accident. I have been saving some of them with links, so I can use them as a reference. I deleted the one talking about Art, which was somewhere between Day 15 and 20? I was thinking of trying to sell some art to generate gold. I tried checking the forum, but most people are complaining about these messages... I don't know why, because I have found them helpful. Anyway, do you know of a link to all the messages? I can probably just keep refining my search terms in the forums, but I thought I'd ask!

I don't view you as pushing TekTek! Sometimes I just get frustrated because I wish I had more free time to just plunk around on the computer. It seems right now I am spending so much time learning all about the changes, I'm not spending very much time role playing in the forums like I used to.

I might be interested in trying the zOMG game, but it looks like there is some controversy about the maintenance? I just searched through the forums to get some basic information about the game. When the maintenance is finished, I'd definitely want to check with you prior to trying to make gold off the game.

Thanks for the Halloween related tips! I don't think I'll be in the forums area as my gold is pretty much spoken for. The games and trick or treating sounds like a lot of fun! There are a lot of stores, I haven't been to them all yet... Are there any you would recommend for getting a Halloween costume?

Booty Grab sounds like a slow way to earn gold. I might try the fishing, but will probably wait until we get into winter weather. For now, I'll continue to explore. I wonder if someone has done a comparison of the various ways to earn gold? That would be really interesting!

I was a little impatient today, because I wanted to break 2 billion, so I just sold the two heart charms I had. I'm glad I didn't have three, or I may have tried making the glasses. I would have been sad. I'll try to save, but I'm almost 3% towards my goal! cat_rofl

No worries! I am not appear to be overly active, but I am lurking in the background, exploring and reading various areas. The terms are getting easier, but I will definitely ask as I come across ones I find confusing. Mostly I just throw things into the forum search and see if I can figure it out!

Um, I guess another question would be how do you communicate with people? I have to keep scrolling up and down in the little box to check your previous message so I can reply. I keep feeling like I'm missing details though. Is there an easier way to answer the longer posts?

Thanks again for all your wonderful help! cat_biggrin  
☆ Item Quests

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces