Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Wakefield Family Home Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TvIaMsOqTuHeYz

Dangerous Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:32 am
Chelsea Wakefield

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Blood Status: Pure
Emotions: Finally getting used to Nan

Miss GryffindorK

{OOC:}

Chelsea thought about it for a moment, it had been a long time, Especially since he was just old enough to barely remember it. Probably the only reason he remembered is Milo was one of the only other males except for the ones who married in. Chelsea heaved a sigh of relief when Nan said that she would contact his father. He wondered what his father had been thinking in the first place. He could have at least told Chelsea his plans... "Oh, okay. That's good I guess." Chelsea said, noticing Nan paused before putting a picture in the album. He hadn't seen what the picture was of, but she'd looked at it for a moment before putting it up. He was about to say something when Nan started speaking again. "Oh, like the tea sets my other cousins have." He said, referring to picking up the little play tea sets his female cousins used. "Can um... Can we make ham?" Chelsea said, he'd eaten ham recently, and it was really good. "Like the sweet kind, I think it was something about Honey Ham?" He said taking a sip from the cup and putting it down. He was bouncing lightly on the balls of his feet. He never got to cook at home, so he was looking forward to it. "Oh, or maybe something umm... It's kinda like sandwiches, but with like steak or something. It's not really steak, but it's still cow. and the pieces of bread are like a bubble, and with bumps and stuff." Chelsea said, making grand gestures with his hands, entranced by the idea of hamburgers.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:52 am
User ImageUser Image
αspíríng вαkєrrєtírєd sєcrєtαrчwídσw

Nan hoped Chelsea's father would be cooperative, since she didn't want to have to borrow an owl from her grandson. He mentioned tea sets, and she assumed he was talking about the floral design of her teacups. "My daughter got me this tea set a few years ago." It wasn't much help, given she had five daughters who could have gotten it, but she didn't figure he knew them all anyway. When he started asking about ham, she grinned, then she tried to figure what the other food he was thinking up was. It seemed he was talking about the American food of hamburgers, and she smiled. "Well, if you're wanting ham, we aught to invite more people over. One ham makes quite a bit of food. Maybe we'll make that later this week, when we can get Milo and his special friend over. As for your other food, I believe you're wanting hamburgers, which we can surely make. I'll double check and make sure we have everything before dinnertime, alright?" She smiled, excited by how eager he was to cook alongside her.

ιf вαкιиg ιѕ αиу ℓαвσя αт αℓℓ, ιт'ѕ α ℓαвσя σf ℓσνє;
α ℓσνє тнαт gєтѕ ραѕѕє∂ fяσм gєиєяαтισи тσ gєиєяαтισи.

TvIaMsOqTuHeYz

{OoC:}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

TvIaMsOqTuHeYz

Dangerous Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:16 am
Chelsea Wakefield

Miss GryffindorK

Chelsea stopped his bouncing long enough to take another sip, this time savoring the taste. Chamomile tea wasn't his favorite, but it wasn't bad. He looked at the floral design, it was rather pretty. "Oh, how is she?" Chelsea said, he didn't know who she was, but he was still related and it'd be nice to know more about this side of the family. "Oh?" Chelsea questioned. he didn't know ham was such a big meal, he just knew it tasted really good. "Hamburgers? But I thought they were cows..." He said dejectedly. He didn't know that they were named after the place they were first made, rather than what was in them. "And if they're ham, we've gotta wait until there's more people here, right?" He said, taking another sip of the tea, his once energetic bounce now a light rocking.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:35 am
User ImageUser Image

Nan sipped her tea, taking in the flavor. He asked about her daughter, and she smiled. "They're all doing fine, I believe. All the grandbabies are grown, for the most part, and they're off with their loves." She grabbed her oven mitts and pulled out the cookies, letting the smell of melted chocolate pierce the air. She set the tray on a rack, then smiled at Chelsea when he asked about food. "You know, I've never understood that. They're called hamburgers, but you use beef to make them. I think it's a States thing. We should ask Wyatt when we get him here." She grinned, wondering when she'd get to meet her future grandson-in-law. Oi, that was a mouthful.

TvIaMsOqTuHeYz

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

TvIaMsOqTuHeYz

Dangerous Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:11 am
Chelsea Wakefield

Miss GryffindorK

Chelsea perked up when Nan made mention of grandchildren. That meant on this side of the family there were even more cousins around his age, but then she said they were all grown up, and he settled back down. That must have been the group Milo belonged to. To top it off, she said they were off with their loves, so obviously they were in relationships. Relationships were odd to Chelsea, they seemed like something only old people got into, but his father had gone on and on about how Chelsea would probably end up finding someone his fourth year at the latest, if he worked hard, he could probably find someone his first year even. Chelsea didn't get it, but then again, his father normally talked about stuff Chelsea didn't quite grasp. "Who is Wyatt?" Chelsea said, setting the cup he'd just sipped from down and fidgeting with his gloves. He was comfortable around Nan, and Milo was related to him, so he'd probably feel more comfortable with him, but he had no clue who this Wyatt was. Was he one of the girls' lovers? Was Chelsea going to meet one of the daughters? Chelsea took a sip of tea to try to calm his nerves, to some effect.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:38 am
User ImageUser Image

Nan used a spatula to move the hot cookies onto a platter, then set them on the counter, before lifting one and munching on it. She gestured to Chelsea that he could tuck in. Speaking of Tuck, the old cat hopped onto the counter, then curled in an old shoebox left for him. He made sounds until Anne went to pet him, making sure to scratch under his fluffy chin. When Chelsea asked about Wyatt, the older woman grinned. "Wyatt is Milo's boyfriend. Well, I believe they're engaged now, but whichever. He's from the States and he owns a shop in Diagon Alley." She wondered how the boy would react, but she was proud for Milo, regardless. She sipped her tea again, smiling.

TvIaMsOqTuHeYz

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

TvIaMsOqTuHeYz

Dangerous Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:08 am
Chelsea Wakefield

Miss GryffindorK

Chelsea looked confused for a moment, setting his cup of tea down, and staring at it for a short while before bringing it partway up and seeming like he was going to take a drink and then setting it back down. Finally after staring at the cup long and hard, he looked directly at Nan and said quite simply, "That's an option?" He'd never heard of two boys dating, let alone getting engaged. "Does this mean that girls can date other girls as well?" He asked, if this was the case, that would explain quite a bit about one of his female cousins who was slightly older than him. He seemed truly and deeply perplexed, he'd never thought about guys being together as anything more than friends, or girls doing likewise. This made things a lot more complex. "How do you know if you like one or the other? How do you know if they like one or the other?" Chelsea mumbled audibly, even though he meant to merely think that. He wasn't so shocked that it was a thing, he was just perplexed as to how he'd never encountered it, and the changes it made to his thoughts on how he could socialize with others. He finally raised the glass to his mouth and finished the rest of the cup, and turned back to Nan. "Can I have a cookie now?" He asked, his face still shrouded in deep thought and confusion.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:29 am
User ImageUser Image

Nan watched Chelsea's bizarre actions, wondering if something was the matter. He asked if Milo's relations were possible, and she let out a sigh of relief. That was all? Oh! "Yes, dear, it's possible. It's possible for a man to love another man, a woman to love a woman, and even to have no romantic feelings toward either gender." She was glad she knew how to speak of this, thanks in large part to Milo at fifteen. The preteen asked how she would know, and she simply shrugged. "Well, in my humble experience, there will come an age where you just.... know. You'll come to think 'hey, these people are really attractive, while these aren't'. It may not ever be that defined, but I'm sure you'll figure it out. It might even take until you're a young adult!" She pat his head, then looked over at the biscuits she'd made. "Of course you can! Eat away so I don't eat them all!" She grinned, happy to have someone to share sweets.

TvIaMsOqTuHeYz

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

TvIaMsOqTuHeYz

Dangerous Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:04 pm
Chelsea Wakefield

Miss GryffindorK

Chelsea was still slightly put off, the sudden realization that relationships weren't so cut and dry. He'd always learned it was a mother and a father, well... not really learned, his parents never really said anything on the subject. His Father probably said something about it, but Chelsea tended to tune his father out often since he talked about stuff Chelsea didn't quite understand. "So I'll just know?" He said, thinking about it. Was it some sort of magic they used to reveal it? Were they going to do it at Hogwarts? So many unanswered questions, but they seemed odd questions to ask, so he'd bite his tongue. "And some people never like anyone? Isn't that lonely?" Chelsea asked, looking at Nan as he reached for a cookie and took a bite of it. "Mmm." He said, it was really delicious.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:25 pm
User ImageUser Image

Nan grabbed another cookie and munched it, smiling. Poor Chelsea looked confused, but she figured it was natural. Maybe she'd ask Milo to give him a more grandiose talk. He asked about just knowing, and she pondered her words. "Not so much... know, but you'll figure it out. It comes differently to everyone, and some people have an easier time figuring it out. You'll get it, I'm sure." She hadn't given one of these talks in quite a long time, but it sounded alright. He asked about those that never found love, and she sighed as she sipped her tea. "Well, yes, it is lonely, but not so lonely as being in love for so many years and losing the one you love most. Love is a fickle game, Chelsea, but it's so wonderful to have love." She smiled, tears shining in her eyes. It was times like this when she really missed Jeptha, but she'd live on.

TvIaMsOqTuHeYz

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

TvIaMsOqTuHeYz

Dangerous Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:06 pm
Chelsea Wakefield

Miss GryffindorK

{OOC:Bleh, short post is Short.}

"This sounds more difficult than it should be." Chelsea said, shaking his head and taking another bite of his cookie. Some people had an easier time figuring it out? Did this mean that there could be some difficulty in figuring out something so simple as if he liked girls or boys? Did this mean that it wasn't so simple as boy or girl? What if it was dependent on who the person was? this raised so many more questions than Chelsea could think of, why did it raise so many questions? Chelsea shove the thought from his mind however when Nan spoke again. He looked up at her and saw tears in her eyes. He didn't know why she was crying, maybe it had something to do with losing Jeptha? Oh! That must have been it! "I'm sorry Nan." Chelsea said, putting the cookie down in his cup and walking over to Nan and hugging her waist, since he couldn't actually hug her normally.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:32 pm
User ImageUser Image

Nan chuckled when the boy admitted difficulty. "Give it time, dear. It's one of those things you have to figure out as you get older. It'll come naturally to you." She munched her cookie, drifting back into her thoughts of her dear love. It had been a hard few years without him, but her family came to visit quite often, which made it less difficult. Suddenly, Chelsea had apologized, then gave the old woman a hug. Nan set down her glass, then leaned a bit to hug the child, smiling. "You have nothing to be sorry for, dear! There's not a thing for you to worry over here, not a thing." She lightly pet his hair, glossy eyes showing her deepfelt kindness.

TvIaMsOqTuHeYz

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

TvIaMsOqTuHeYz

Dangerous Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:29 am
Chelsea Wakefield

Miss GryffindorK

Chelsea let go of Nan and let out a sigh. Coming naturally to him sounded annoying. At least he knew now that it wasn't a spell or some test that they used at Hogwarts. "But I made you cry, and that's not nice, so I needed to apologize." Chelsea said looking up at Nan and picking his cookie back up to take a bite out of it. He thought about what it'd be like, the first time he ever actually conversed with Milo would also possibly be the first time he met Milo's significant other. He wondered what that would be like, or if he'd even be able to talk to this Wyatt. He'd gotten used to Nan pretty quickly, but he'd also had sweets and some tea to help him through that. "Do you have any games we can play?" Chelsea asked, wanting to take his mind off of the fact he made Nan cry, and that soon he might have to face getting used to even more people. One on one it wasn't so bad, but he'd never really done so well in groups. Mostly just tended to fade into the background.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:58 am
User ImageUser Image

Nan shook her head at the boy, then pat his shoulder. "Dear, it wasn't a bad cry. It wasn't like you'd punched me or said something hurtful. I miss Jeptha, yes, but he's gone now. I'll see him again someday, and that's one of the best thoughts. So don't you feel bad, okay?" She leaned over and gently kissed the top of his head, before pouring herself another cup of tea. He asked about games, and she nodded. "What sort of game? I have board games, card games, whatever sort of game you want to play!" She had a love of playing games, and if he wanted, she'd certainly challenge him. She watched an owl land on her window, and she let it in, noting by the little band on his ankle it was her grandson's. She pet the bird, knowing they flew over to get food while Milo was at work or busy. "This little guy is Kerrin. He's one of Milo's new owls. That boy, I swear." She chuckled, petting the bird before giving him a bit of Tucker's tuna.

TvIaMsOqTuHeYz

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

TvIaMsOqTuHeYz

Dangerous Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:17 am
Chelsea Wakefield

Miss GryffindorK

"Oh..." Chelsea said, he didn't know there was such a thing as a cry that wasn't bad. He only cried when he felt bad, and he'd only seen his mother cry when she felt sad. Chelsea wasn't sure if he'd ever seen his father cry. Did boys not cry as they got older? That seemed odd to him, he tended to cry a lot when he felt sad. "Whatever kind of games you want to play, I'm good at all sorts." Chelsea said, a smile crossing his face. He was actually pretty bad at most of them, at least ones that didn't require strategy. He could beat his parents at chess, though his dad held back and his mother was too busy cooing over her son to really pay attention to the game, but that didn't mean he wasn't good. "Oh, he's got a fuzzy beak!" Chelsea said excitedly, referring to the fact that he couldn't see the Owl's beak until it opened it to eat on the tuna. "New owls?" He said, perplexed. His father just kept the offspring of the owl he went to school with. It was actually the offspring of his grandfather's owl, but Chelsea didn't know that, just that his family had used the same family of owls. His father liked to call them pure blood owls, something that led Chelsea to believe that they were somehow wizards until his mother explained that his father just meant they were bred specifically for their family. "What happened to his old one?" He said, looking at the Owl inquisitively and cocking his head to one side.

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff