Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Eeylops Owl Emporium ~ New Summer Sales! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:23 pm
User Image

Kenji Francisco Apostol

♦ Hufflepuff Alumni23 Years Old Musician ♦

█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║║█║█║▌│█║▌│║║█

Kenji found that his music career alone was not enough to get a flat and leave Godric's Hollow. It wasn't like he hated his parents or anything, it was just that he wanted to have a change of scene. The Hollow was nice and he grew up there, but he wanted to try somewhere else... somewhere with more people. Well, Slug and Jigger's a nice place but he did not think that would allow him to make potions and being a clerk was quite at bit boring at long hours. To be honest, he want to run an Apothecary, however he felt awkward about asking his parents for one. But hey, what about Eyelops? He loved animals, especially dogs and owls. He even had an owl named Hooty, in which he named because he ran out of naming ideas. After all, he did not apply for Care for Magical Creatures for no reason.

He entered the shop and of course, the first thing he saw were owls; Because it was an Owl Emporium, obviously. He barely remembered who the former owner of this shop was, maybe that former owner was not here anymore. That was kind of sad, he thought. Well, judging from the state of the owls around here he could say that the current owner was a pretty good owner, too. For now, he just browsed and just did a little bit of sightseeing in the shop.

Thinking : "Wonder's who runs this joint?"
        With : Himself he supposed, aside from Owls
        Attire : Looking quite chilly

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:32 pm
User Image User Image
𝓓𝓪𝓭𝓭𝔂 𝓸𝒇 𝓞𝓷𝒆 ℳ𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓪𝓷 ℳ𝓪𝓻𝓻𝓲𝒆𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓦𝔂𝓪𝓽𝓽 𝓐𝓫𝓻𝓪𝓶𝓼 𝒪𝓌𝓃𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒻 𝐸𝑒𝓎𝓁𝑜𝓅𝓈

When the sun goes down and the lights burn out, then it's time for you to shine
Brighter than a shooting star! So shine no matter where you are!
Fill the darkest night with a brilliant light, 'cause it's time for you to shine
Brighter than a shooting star! So shine no matter where you are tonight!

Milo had been in the office, writing rapports with Kerrin clinging to his hand. When he heard the door chimes, the man set his pen down and moved his smaller owl to his shoulder. When he walked out of the office, he saw a man about his age... and he looked incredibly familiar. "Hello, and welcome to Eeylops Owl Emporium! I'm Milo, the owner. How may I help you today?" He offered a bright smile, happy to have someone in the shop. It had been rather slow that day, but he didn't mind, so long as he had the owls to keep him company. Not to mention he could always cross the street to bother Wyatt for a few minutes!

Gaze into my eyes when the fire starts and fan the flames so hot it melts our hearts
Oh, the pouring rain will try to put it out, but not this time!
Let your colors burn and brightly burst into a million sparks that all disperse
And illuminate a world that'll try to bring you down, but not this time!

Jade Galaksylph

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:16 am
User Image

Kenji Francisco Apostol

Kenji turned his head to the direction of a familiar voice, who was welcoming him. His dark brown eyes looked at the young man, who looked like they met before. Have they met? Maybe. Oh, wait, the young man said that his name was Milo... Oh right! The Ravenclaw guy in his year back in Hogwarts, probably six or seven years ago? Maybe. Well, he did remembered one thing about the dude, Kenji's friends once said that that's guy quite a romantic, hopefully not flirty.

He might have still remembered some people in his year (particularly troublemakers), because he used to be some busy prefect in which people thought that he was strict and spent his prefect years scolding pranksters. He offered him a friendly smile and said, "Oh, hey Milo. It's Kenji. You know, Kenji Apostol from Hufflepuff? Anyway, I'm looking for a job. I could do some assistance and help, well, if you're okay with it" He removed his black hat and put it inside his messenger bag, which he charmed with an Extension Charm, the autumn weather was quite chilly to begin with. He looked at Milo's small owl perching on his shoulder, who apparently had a nice mustache, in which the Hufflepuff commented, "I like your owl's mustache by the way, it's kind of cute,"

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:10 am
User Image User Image

Fill the darkest night with a brilliant light, 'cause it's time for you to shine

Milo scratched Kerrin on top of his head, and watched as Kevin came to investigate by hopping on the counter. These dang owls were too cute. It seemed a constant battle of having to tell people these two weren't for sale. The man, Kenji, informed the owner who he was, then said he was looking for a job. Milo's eyes lit up, first at the information, then the offer. It was rather difficult to maintain everything all day, and that usually meant Milo had to stay late to finish up... "Well, Kenji Apostol from Hufflepuff, I'm Milo Wakefield from Ravenclaw... well... now I'm Milo Abrams from Ravenclaw, but whatever. Here's an application. I really could use the help, and I'd sure be able to pay! I will warn, it gets kinda slow sometimes." He handed the man an application, then grinned. This might be very fun! He remembered the guy, a Prefect, if he remembered right. Hopefully that meant he'd be a good business partner. When the man commented on Kerrin's moustache, and the owl purred happily. "Thank you! It's his breed, the Southern White-Faced owl, is notorious for their fabulous facial feathers!" Milo happily handed the bird a treat, which was greatly appreciated.

Gaze into my eyes when the fire starts and fan the flames so hot it melts our hearts

Jade Galaksylph

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:42 am
User Image

Kenji Francisco Apostol

Kenji wondered as he listened to Milo's (official) introduction. He only knew that Milo's surname was Wakefield, though Abrams was quite new to him. How the guy changed his surname was beyond the Hufflepuff and preferred not to talk about it. That wasn't his business after all. He received the application and he smiled as if saying a "Thank you". He shrugged and replied about Milo's warning about the pay being slow sometimes, "Sounds okay to me," He opened his messenger bag and was searching for his quill, which was somewhere in this charmed bag. 'Oh there it is' He finally found it and pulled out his quill and began writing the application. "Pffft, quite notorious and fabulous indeed," He chuckled and grinned when Milo informed him about the owl's breed, he should take note of that in case a customer was asking about breeds once he got hired. "So... How's life?" He asked as a conversation starter as he finished his application and gave it to Milo. Well, maybe Kenji should at least get to know the owner better, it was a great start he supposed.

Thinking : "Wonder who runs this joint?"
        With : Himself he supposed, aside from Owls
        Attire : Looking quite chilly

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 7:43 pm
User Image User Image

Milo watched Kenji dig around, probably for a quill, and was about to offer one, but it seemed he located it. He waited a few minutes, grinning all the while. Kenji was kind enough to comment on Kerrin's being fabulous, to which the owl preened. "I think you just made his day. He always likes compliments!" Milo moved the bird to one of the perches, then set a small water dish on the counter, which Kevin immediately moved to sit in. "Kevin... I got that out for you to get a drink... not a bath. Man... I wish Dris was this easy to bathe!" He sighed, relenting. The owl was happily rolling about in the water, making a small mess. Milo shrugged, then turned back to Kenji. "Life is wonderful! I'm married to a wonderful guy who has two brothers! And we have a six year old son!" He nodded, smiling brighter than normal. Upon being handed the application, Milo read over it, then nodded. "Welcome to Eeylops! You'll do great, I'm sure. There's not much to do, anyway, but, you're hired!" He clapped his hands together, happy to have some help.

Jade Galaksylph

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:06 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Sιηgℓє
                                                          Looking Awesome at Eeylops Owl Emporium with Her dad and Beth
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Excited
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ I finally get an owl!!!! ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

ǀ αм αη αηαяcнιѕт. Aη α η т ι c н я ι ѕ т. Aη αѕтєяιѕк. ❊ ❊ ❊xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ǀ αм αη αησяαк. Aη α c σ ℓ у т є. Aη αccι∂єηтαℓ... ❊ ❊ ❊xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ǀ αм є ℓ є ν є η ƒєєт ... Oкαу, єιgнт ... ѕιχ ƒ σ σ т тняєє ❊ ❊ ❊xxxxxx
                                                          ǀ ƒ σ υ g н т тнє Ɓ я ι т ι ѕ н αη∂ ǀ ω σ η ❊ ❊ ❊xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceJasmine was practically bouncing when she followed her father into the shop, eyes wide and excited. She'd been trying for ages to get her Mum to allow her an owl so she could write to her father, but Mum had always refused. Julianne didn't like to admit it, but she'd always held something of a grudge against Leo for not being able to give up his wanderlust and settle down properly with her. She'd partially blamed it on his being a wizard, saying that he was funny, strange. So, she'd done her best to keep her daughters as normal as possible. With Beth, she hadn't had much trouble; the elder sister had always been more of a homebody, resenting them moving around so much so she couldn't make friends, and had, in Jazzy's opinion, given in to their mother's anti-magic propaganda. It'd only made sense when, come her eleventh birthday, she hadn't gotten a Hogwarts letter. No one had expected her to, and she'd insisted that she was glad she hadn't, because she wouldn't have wanted to go to dad's 'freaky magic school' anyway.

spaceJazzy, on the other hand... Well, she was certainly her father's daughter. She loved travelling, she loved adventures, and she absolutely loved magic. Receiving her own letter had brought a grin to her face that hadn't dissipated for weeks. Her father had been contacted immediately, her mother not wanting to deal with handling her school matters. And finally, finally, she was getting her own owl. She wouldn't have been able to keep in touch with her family otherwise, her dad had said, finally convincing Julianne of the importance of the matter. The eleven year old's eyes went wide as she stared up at the various cages in the shop, bright and excited. "What kind of owl should I get, daddy?" she asked, ignoring the snort from her elder sister. Beth hadn't really wanted to come today, but their dad tried to spend as much time with both girls as he could. He was planning on getting the shopping for Jazzy done as quickly as possible, and then they were supposed to do whatever Beth wanted to do, which probably involved the cinema and some movie the brunette had no interest in seeing. But, whatever; she'd sit through the boring romantic comedy if it made her sister happy. Especially since she knew that the real reason Beth had acted so happy not to be going to Hogwarts was because... well, she wasn't going to Hogwarts. The elder girl would never admit it in a million years, but Jazzy knew her sister a lot better than she was given credit for. Still, even wanting to be sensitive to Beth... Jazzy couldn't contain her joy, not if her life had depended on it.

spaceLeonard Pierce smiled at his youngest, resting a hand on her shoulder. He shrugged at her question, gesturing with his free hand to all the cages. "Up to you, poppet. I've always been partial to screech owls. But, that's just me," he told her, his crow's feet deepening. Beth shuffled her feet and crossed her arms, tongue running over her teeth, desperately trying to pull off the appearance of an aloof teen. In reality, she wished she were getting an owl too, if only because it'd be a cool pet to show off to her friends from school. But, Mum was only letting Jazzy have one because she needed it to write them from school. She tapped her foot in faux-impatience. "Gee, I dunno, Jazz, maybe you should ask someone who actually knows what they're doing instead of dad?" she asked dryly, gesturing to a man who was standing a ways away, who obviously worked at the shop.

spaceJazzy stuck her tongue out at the older girl, but approached the man all the same, waving for his attention. "'Scuse me, sir! I'm getting an owl!" she informed him excitedly. "My daddy just likes boring old screech owls, but everyone's got those, I don't want one of them. Do you have anything more interesting, maybe?" Her elder sister snorted, walking up behind her, throwing an arm over Jazzy's shoulder. "Ignore her, she's eleven, she doesn't know what she's talking about," she said, then hissed to her sister, "You need something reliable, Jazz, not whatever's most 'interesting.'" Jazzy huffed impatiently, glaring at Beth. "They're all reliable, or he wouldn't sell 'em!" she said. "I want something cute. Or cool. Or both." The elder sister rolled her eyes, crossing her arms again. "Whatever," she muttered, glancing at a nearby cage.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❊ ❊ ❊ ǀ нανє α т є η ∂ є η c у тσ є χ α g g є я α т є נυѕт α ℓιттℓє вιт
                                                          xxxxxx❊ ❊ ❊ ǀ αм α ρℓαgιαяιѕт. A ρ σ ℓ σ g ι ѕ т . A ωαℓяυѕcσкєнєα∂ℓιzαя∂
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❊ ❊ ❊ ǀ αм αη σ ρ т ι м ι ѕ т. A cℓσѕєтє∂ м ι ѕ σ g у η ι ѕ т
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx❊ ❊ ❊ ǀ ƒ σ υ g н т тнє Ɓ я ι т ι ѕ н αη∂ ǀ ω σ η

(( OOC: ))

Miss Gryffindork

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:27 pm
User Image User Image

Milo was in the office doing some bookkeeping when he heard the door chime. Aha! Someone was here! He walked out into the shop proper, in time to hear a girl ask what kind of owl she should get, and a man reply with a Screech owl. He grinned, then went to sweep, letting them browse. When he was called upon, the man walked over toward the family, smiling. The girl said screech owls were boring, and he felt a bit bad. A lot of people loved screech owls! The man let Kerrin land on his head, then grinned. "Hi. I'm Milo, and I'll be glad to help you find an owl. They make great friends, after all." A girl a little older told the younger off for being young, then told her she needed something reliable. Milo, being used to being teased, grinned at the younger girl. "Why, she's right. You do need someone very reliable. But, I'll tell you what. I've never met a Short-Ear that wasn't reliable. And, since they're from the far side of the states, not many people have them here." He smiled, then led them to another row of cages, before pointing out the owl in mention. He offered the girls a few treats, then rubbed the top of the bird's head. "She's a sweet owl, and she loves to play. I think she'll make a great companion at Hogwarts." He was excited now. He always loved seeing the owls go to new families. It made him very happy.

Cara MiaKitty

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:39 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          Sιηgℓє
                                                          Looking Awesome at Eeylops Owl Emporium with Her dad and Beth
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Excited
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ I finally get an owl!!!! ❞

ǀ αм αη αηαяcнιѕт. Aη α η т ι c н я ι ѕ т. Aη αѕтєяιѕк. ❊ ❊ ❊xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ǀ αм αη αησяαк. Aη α c σ ℓ у т є. Aη αccι∂єηтαℓ... ❊ ❊ ❊xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ǀ αм є ℓ є ν є η ƒєєт ... Oкαу, єιgнт ... ѕιχ ƒ σ σ т тняєє ❊ ❊ ❊xxxxxx
                                                          ǀ ƒ σ υ g н т тнє Ɓ я ι т ι ѕ н αη∂ ǀ ω σ η ❊ ❊ ❊xxx

spaceJasmine's bouncing only got worse when the man said he'd be happy to help them, hands clapping together excitedly. She was acting about half her age, she knew, but she didn't much care. Why should she? She was getting an owl, and it was awesome! She did huff a little bit when he said that her sister was right. Beth's expression grew smug, and she stuck her tongue out at her younger sister. "That's not very mature, Beth," Jazzy said, tilting her nose up and sneering. Beth shrugged. "Who has to be mature? I was right," she said, earning the ugliest look the eleven year old could muster pointed in her direction.

spaceThe pair's father finally caught up to the two of them, frowning at both girls. "Stop bickering, you two. You can go back to hating each other when I drop you off with your Mum," he said dryly, then turned to Milo, offering his hand. "Leonard Pierce. These are my girls, Elizabeth and Jasmine," he said, earning the same look Jazzy had pointed towards her sister moments before for being called by her full first name. Beth didn't mind it so much, she thought her name made her sound mature and sophisticated (which she so wasn't, Jazz thought), but the younger sister hated hers with a passion. Probably because people were always asking if she had a pet tiger... She didn't so much mind being asked, not by a long shot. She just wished the answer was yes.

spaceDeciding that she didn't want to spend all bloody day in the owl store, which smelled funny, and would much rather speed this up so they could go to the cinema, Beth pointed to the owl Milo had indicated. "Daddy, Milo recommended this one," she said very pointedly. Jazzy glared at her older sister, but finally looked towards the owl in question. When she did, her eyes went wide, and she made a little 'ooh' sound. "It's so cute!" she said, then leaned in, as if inspecting it. "Is she cool? I want a cool owl," she said, glancing back at Milo.

spaceBeth let out an annoyed huff, and Leonard placed a hand on his youngest's shoulder. "I'm sure she's a very cool owl, poppet. Look at her markings! And her eyes! Very intimidating. Probably scares all the mice." Jazzy rolled her eyes at her father, brushing his hand off her shoulder. "Mice are scared of all the owls, daddy, they eat them," she said, as if this were the most basic thing for him to know. But, she did look more closely at the owl for a long moment, and then declared, "Yeah, okay. I want this one. Does she have a name, or do I get to name her? Sometimes they already have names," she said, turning to Milo again. Beth breathed out a relieved breath; she'd been really scared her sister was going to be difficult and want to ask about all the owls before settling on one. Thankfully that wasn't the case.

xxx❊ ❊ ❊ ǀ нανє α т є η ∂ є η c у тσ є χ α g g є я α т є נυѕт α ℓιттℓє вιт
                                                          xxxxxx❊ ❊ ❊ ǀ αм α ρℓαgιαяιѕт. A ρ σ ℓ σ g ι ѕ т . A ωαℓяυѕcσкєнєα∂ℓιzαя∂
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❊ ❊ ❊ ǀ αм αη σ ρ т ι м ι ѕ т. A cℓσѕєтє∂ м ι ѕ σ g у η ι ѕ т
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx❊ ❊ ❊ ǀ ƒ σ υ g н т тнє Ɓ я ι т ι ѕ н αη∂ ǀ ω σ η

Leonard Red #D40000
                                                          Beth Pink #FF43A4

Miss Gryffindork

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:23 pm
User Image User Image

Milo watched the girls bickering, then looked up when their dad told them they could resume with their mum. Honestly, the shopkeep had to stifle a giggle. The man introduced himself, and Milo accepted his handshake. "Pleased to meet you three. I'm Milo Abrams, the owner of this shop. I have a son, but he doesn't argue much. Though, he doesn't have any siblings either." He nodded, wondering when Wyatt would cave and let them go back to Wool's. Jasmine, the younger girl, asked if the owl was 'cool', then asked about her name. The man grinned, then tapped the owl's head, earning an indignant hoot. "She's really cool. And you can name her if you like. That's up to you. If it helps, I've been calling her Anya. I thought it sounded nice." He gave a small smile, a tinge of pink touching his cheeks. He usually didn't get asked if the owls had names prior, so he'd never actually had to tell a customer that he didn't just like calling them "owl". They had personalities! They needed names, or at least nicknames!

Cara MiaKitty

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:43 pm
User Image

User Image
                                              ╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌ ╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Maylene was glad summer had finally started. The holiday gave her the chance to meet so many new people, mainly the muggleborn children she assisted and prepped for Hogwarts. She treated some, okay most, of them like her own children. One day, she wouldn't have any children of her own to send off to school every autumn, but in her line of work, she would always be sending someone off to Hogwarts. But that was a thought for another day. Her youngest was only eight, so she had a long ways to go before that day finally came around. Today, her focus was on Colin Beckett. He was a sweet boy, from what she could tell. They had just barely made it through to Diagon before he told her he wanted to go to the owl shop. Maylene had laughed at his enthusiasm, but didn't deny him the opportunity to pick out a new companion. Opening the door to the shop, she led to boy inside. "Welcome to Eeylops Owl Emporium," she said, smiling. "I happen to know the owner fairly well. I wonder how he's been." Ever since her youngest had befriended the Abrams boy, May had kept in contact with Milo, mostly in between play dates which were very common for Skylar and Driskol. Of course, she met up with him from time to time when the students she was escorting wanted an owl for school as well, and May considered the man to be her friend.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌ ╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌
                                              𝐻𝒪𝒢𝒲𝒜𝑅𝒯𝒮 𝒮𝒞𝐻𝒪𝒪𝐿 𝒢𝒪𝒱𝐸𝑅𝒩𝐸𝒮𝒮 xxxxx
                                              𝐹𝒪𝑅𝑀𝐸𝑅 𝐻𝒰𝐹𝐹𝐿𝐸𝒫𝒰𝐹𝐹 xxxxxxxxx

I'll swim and sail on savage seas with ne'er a fear of drowning, and gladly ride the waves of life if you will marry me.
                                              No scorching sun nor freezing cold will stop me on my journey. If you will promise me your heart and love me for eternity.
                                              My dearest one, my darling dear, your mighty words astound me, but I've no need of mighty deeds when I feel your arms around me.
                                              I have no use for rings of gold. I care not for your poetry. I only want your hand to hold. I only want you near me.
                                              To love, to kiss, to sweetly hold, for the dancing and the dreaming. Through all life's sorrows and delights, I'll keep your love inside me.

Cara MiaKitty

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:46 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ṡïṉģlε
                                                          Looking Spastic at the Owl Shop with Mrs. Macclellan
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Amazed
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ I've never seen so many owls!!! ❞

ɾεχ ṃαɾќṡlεÿ ώαṡ α τ ï ṉ ќ ε ɾ ε ɾ , ↞ ↞ ↞xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          αṉ εṉģïṉεεɾ ε χ τ ɾ α ø ɾ ḋ ï ṉ α ï ɾ ε ↞ ↞ ↞xxxxxxxxx
                                                          hε ṃαḋε συïсќ-ɾεløαḋïṉģ ģ α ḋ ģ ε τ ṡ ṡø hε сøυlḋ ↞ ↞ ↞xxxxxx
                                                          ƒ ï ɾ ε ṉøṉ-ṡτøρ ώïτh ρ α ṉ α с h ε αṉḋ ƒ l α ï ɾ ↞ ↞ ↞xxx

spaceColin's eyes went as wide as dinner plates as he followed the woman inside, his jaw dropping open. He stared around the room in utter amazement, stepping closer to Mrs. Macclellan and grabbing at her hand a bit. "This is awesome," he declared, tone falling quieter as he spoke. After a moment, he stepped away from her, releasing her hand (she wasn't his mother, he reminded himself), and towards one of the cages, hands reaching out to splay across the bars. "There's so many of them!" He had to admit, when he'd been told there was an 'owl shop,' he hadn't quite expected this. Of course, he was still reeling from the fact that owls were approved school pets to begin with. And that they were used for post! That was incredible. It gave him all sorts of ideas for the clockwork project he'd been working on... granted, he didn't really know much about how clockwork stuff actually worked yet, but he was figuring it out! The boy turned back to the governess, smiling widely. "You said you know the owner? So he'll help us, right? I really, really want an owl!" Colin still couldn't quite believe his parents had agreed to the bird in the first place. They knew he loved them, of course, but that didn't mean they would have ever even considered this before. But, now that they knew about magic, and about the school he would be attending to learn magic... He did suppose it made sense for him to get one. His mum had certainly thought so; she'd said that she needed a way to keep in touch with her boy, no matter how odd it might seem. "... D'you think we could get two? I could leave one home with Mum and Dad, and they could write me without having to wait for me to write them!" he said, very pleased with himself for the idea. Of course, it might be best to check with his parents first... except his cell phone didn't work, hadn't since they'd gotten close to the Leaky Cauldron (which was a strange name for such a place, but he found that he sort of liked it). They'd have to walk a pretty long ways to get somewhere it would, he thought... It wasn't like he didn't have the money for more than one. And his mum liked birds! She used to have some, but they'd all died. Maybe she'd like an owl! He'd find her a really cute one, too!

xxx↠ ↠ ↠ τhε ṃαṉ ώαṡ α l ε ģ ε ṉ ḋ αṉḋ hεɾø τ h ɾ ø υ ģ h αṉḋ τ h ɾ ø υ ģ h
                                                          xxxxxx↠ ↠ ↠ αṉḋ ɾεχ ώαṡ α ƒ ɾ ï ε ṉ ḋ τø τhε в α τ τ ε ɾ ε ḋ αṉḋ τhε в ɾ υ ï ṡ ε ḋ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx↠ ↠ ↠ hε hαḋ ṡεεṉ α løτ øƒ ώ ø ṉ ḋ ε ɾ ṃ ε ṉ τ ṡ ïṉ hïṡ ģ l ø ɾ ÿ ḋ α ÿ ṡ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx↠ ↠ ↠ αṉḋ hε ḋ ï ε ḋ αṉ ø l ḋ ṃ α ṉ αløṉε øṉ τhε ρ ɾ α ï ɾ ï ε τhεÿ ṡ α ÿ

The Shiny Furret

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:35 pm
User ImageUser Image

𝓞𝔀𝓷𝒆𝓻 𝓸𝒇 𝓔𝒆𝔂𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓼 𝓞𝔀𝓵 𝓔𝓶𝓹𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓾𝓶

Milo had been in his office, trying to do a bit of paperwork before another student turned up. Sure enough, he was halfway through an expense report when he heard the bells over his door chime, followed by a very familiar voice. He walked into the main shop, Kerrin perched on his shoulder. The owl was preening himself, occasionally purring in delight. "Well, Maylene, hello! How are you?" Milo grinned, happy to see his dear friend. When he noticed the younger male with her, he straightened a bit. It had to be one of the muggleborn students. He had met all of May's kids, and this wasn't one of them. "And hello to you too! I'm Milo, and this is Kerrin. Pleasure to meet you!" He grinned, then offered his mustachioed owl a treat, causing the bird to ruffle and hoot excitedly. Milo was more than excited, as he loved helping owls find forever homes, and helping kids make lifelong companions. Owls, he'd discovered, were among the most loyal of friends.

The Shiny Furret

Cara MiaKitty

I ʙᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴀ σηє ωαу тιcкєт ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴋɴᴇᴡ I'ᴅ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ
Uɴʟᴇss I ᴡᴀs ᴀʙᴏᴀʀᴅ ᴀ ᴊᴇᴛ ᴘʟᴀɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴇʀᴇ gσιηg ∂σωη
Wʜᴇɴ I ᴡɪᴘᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ тєαяѕ ƒяσм му єуєѕ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʀᴍ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴍᴇ ʙʏ ѕυяρяιѕє
Aɴᴅ I ᴡᴏᴋᴇ ᴜᴘ ʙᴇsɪᴅᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ I ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴢᴇᴅ ǀ мυѕт вє ιη Ƈαℓιƒσяηια
Aᴍ I ᴀᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴏʀ ɪs ᴛʜɪs נυѕт α ∂яєαм?
Tʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ʏᴇᴀʀ ɪs ᴏᴜᴛ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴡɪʟʟ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ℓσνєℓу ℓιѕт ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʜᴀʀᴍs
Sᴏ I'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ғᴇᴇʟ αℓσηє ιη уσυя αямѕ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:18 pm
User Image

User Image
                                              ╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌ ╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Maylene smiled at how excited Colin was. He seemed like quite the little owl enthusiast! It was pretty cute, especially how he grabbed her hand. Hopefully they could find him a cute owl, one to match how adorable he was! "Of course he'll help us. He loves finding homes for his precious owls, especially for someone as nice as you," she replied, walking around to look at the birds. They all seemed so peaceful. Maybe she should look into getting one for Skylar. The little girl liked birds an awful lot, but maybe an owl was too much for her. Maybe something small like a finch would suit her better. Time would tell, she figured. If Skylar asked for an owl, she knew the exact person to come to about it.

Speak of the devil! "Oh Milo! It's great to see you, my friend. I've been well, just trying to keep up with the kids, but you know all about that now, don't you?" Maylene smiled, then gestured to Colin. "Milo, meet Colin. He's here looking for a-- pardon, two owls." It was a very thoughtful idea, buying two owls so his parents could send him mail whenever they wanted and didn't have to wait for him to send them something. As long as his parents were fine with it, she figured it would be okay.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌ ╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌
                                              𝐻𝒪𝒢𝒲𝒜𝑅𝒯𝒮 𝒮𝒞𝐻𝒪𝒪𝐿 𝒢𝒪𝒱𝐸𝑅𝒩𝐸𝒮𝒮 xxxxx
                                              𝐹𝒪𝑅𝑀𝐸𝑅 𝐻𝒰𝐹𝐹𝐿𝐸𝒫𝒰𝐹𝐹 xxxxxxxxx

I'll swim and sail on savage seas with ne'er a fear of drowning, and gladly ride the waves of life if you will marry me.
                                              No scorching sun nor freezing cold will stop me on my journey. If you will promise me your heart and love me for eternity.
                                              My dearest one, my darling dear, your mighty words astound me, but I've no need of mighty deeds when I feel your arms around me.
                                              I have no use for rings of gold. I care not for your poetry. I only want your hand to hold. I only want you near me.
                                              To love, to kiss, to sweetly hold, for the dancing and the dreaming. Through all life's sorrows and delights, I'll keep your love inside me.

Cara MiaKitty

Miss GryffindorK

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:36 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ṡïṉģlε
                                                          Looking Spastic at the Owl Shop with Mrs. Macclellan
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Amazed
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ I've never seen so many owls!!! ❞

ɾεχ ṃαɾќṡlεÿ ώαṡ α τ ï ṉ ќ ε ɾ ε ɾ , ↞ ↞ ↞xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          αṉ εṉģïṉεεɾ ε χ τ ɾ α ø ɾ ḋ ï ṉ α ï ɾ ε ↞ ↞ ↞xxxxxxxxx
                                                          hε ṃαḋε συïсќ-ɾεløαḋïṉģ ģ α ḋ ģ ε τ ṡ ṡø hε сøυlḋ ↞ ↞ ↞xxxxxx
                                                          ƒ ï ɾ ε ṉøṉ-ṡτøρ ώïτh ρ α ṉ α с h ε αṉḋ ƒ l α ï ɾ ↞ ↞ ↞xxx

spaceColin cheered inwardly when Mrs. Macclellan said that the man who owned the shop would help them. He also blushed a bit when she said he was nice. He liked being nice! It was important to him, so knowing that he was succeeding at that made him happy. "I promise I'll take really good care of it!" he said. "I'll do lots of reading on how to take care of it! ... Are there books here for that? Can we get one? Or do we need to get it at the bookstore?" Reading, Colin found, was very important. He very much liked researching and being informed on things that mattered. Knowing how to properly care for his new pet was, obviously, very important, so he wanted to make sure he had a good source. The child's expression grew thoughtful. "We should ask the owner! I bet he knows good books!"

spaceJust then, a man appeared, who Colin assumed was the owner Mrs. Macclellan had spoken of. When she introduced him, the boy very properly offered his hand for the older man to shake. "It's very nice to meet you, Mister Milo!" The child's eyes lit up upon noticing the bird perched on Milo's shoulder. "He needs a monocle!" he declared enthusiastically, grinning ear to ear. In his head, he could just picture it. It'd be perfect. A little gentleman owl. That's what Colin wanted, he thought. "I want a boy owl. I already have a name picked out, his name's going to be Walter. And... for my parents, a girl, her name'll be Gigi!" Colin was exceptionally happy that the governess had agreed to purchasing two; he'd been worried she wouldn't let him without consulting his parents. He didn't quite know how he'd have managed to accomplish the task of returning at a later date to get one after discussing it with them. He knew they'd be happy about it; it was practical, and he had a practical reason for wanting to get it. His Mum loved it when he was practical. And she'd want to keep in touch. It was logical for him to get his parents their own owl. Taking the time to inform them of this and consult them when he knew they'd say yes... not so much.

space"Oh, um. And I need books on owl care! Probably two of those as well, so I can take one to school and leave it with them... My parents are... what was that word, Mrs. Macclellan? The non-magic word?" He couldn't remember what the woman had called them. It'd been funny, starting with an 'm,' but that was all he could remember. "Anyway, they're not magical, they've never had an owl. My dad thought it was funny when Mrs. Macclellan told him that's how wizards delivered mail." It was of the utmost importance that he make sure his parents were properly equipped to care for Gigi. His dad would admire his forethought. He thought they'd both be very, very proud of him, in fact, and beamed at the thought.

xxx↠ ↠ ↠ τhε ṃαṉ ώαṡ α l ε ģ ε ṉ ḋ αṉḋ hεɾø τ h ɾ ø υ ģ h αṉḋ τ h ɾ ø υ ģ h
                                                          xxxxxx↠ ↠ ↠ αṉḋ ɾεχ ώαṡ α ƒ ɾ ï ε ṉ ḋ τø τhε в α τ τ ε ɾ ε ḋ αṉḋ τhε в ɾ υ ï ṡ ε ḋ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx↠ ↠ ↠ hε hαḋ ṡεεṉ α løτ øƒ ώ ø ṉ ḋ ε ɾ ṃ ε ṉ τ ṡ ïṉ hïṡ ģ l ø ɾ ÿ ḋ α ÿ ṡ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx↠ ↠ ↠ αṉḋ hε ḋ ï ε ḋ αṉ ø l ḋ ṃ α ṉ αløṉε øṉ τhε ρ ɾ α ï ɾ ï ε τhεÿ ṡ α ÿ

The Shiny Furret

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers