Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
The Walsh Family Flat Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:19 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
    Theo Gibbs

Gryffindor Newly Graduated

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness..."

Theo was happy to hear Ronna's answer to his question, because it meant that Toby was treating her at least somewhat right. While he knew that Ronna was protective of him, he was also protective of her at times. He knew she could take care of herself, but he still wanted to make sure the guy she was with was treating her right like the girl deserved. He did wonder why Toby had not answered his question however, but he had not heard the doorbell ring at all over Ronna's questioning. But he soon realized why the boy left when he came back in with Danica following him, to which he smiled and waved at with his free hand. "Hey Dani," he said aloud, a smile still present on his face. He was glad to see the girl, for he hadn't checked on her before leaving to tend to his own wounds at Hogsmeade. Well, he did check, but he never verbally did.

"I was brought up muggle-born so I can definitely attest to that," he said, commenting about Ronna's skepticism in magic. When the girl had reiterated the question before, he knew he would have to answer because she had him on the spot. "I did get my NEWTS back. I passed 11 of them and didn't do so hot on like 2 of them. Luckily, those two were Mythology and Astrology of all things. The other eleven I think I did well. I got O's in DADA, Charms, Cursebreaking, Transfiguration, and Wandless. I got EE's in Alchemy, Wizard Law...and...and, oh yeah, Healing of all things. I was surprised about that one. Then finally got A's on the History, Herbology, and Potions NEWTS. So, I fell kind of short of what the Aurors want unfortunately." He shook his head at that one, but he was very well open to the other branch, which were virtually the same as the other. He had no idea what the difference between them was however, because he just knew them as sort of Elite Task forces.

"But ever since that s*** that happened in Hogsmeade, well, something like...I don't know, ticked in me. Watching what happened to some of the most innocent of young kids, it definitely changed me. Well...I'm still me, but my desire to protect others has practically gone up tenfold. I just want to make sure that doesn't happen again, which is why I have finalized my decision to putting in with the Hitwizards. I haven't heard back from them yet, but that's because I put the resume in only recently. Hopefully I'll be hearing good news over the next couple weeks." A serious undertone in his voice, he took another gulp of the drink in his hand. Looking around to Danica, he did give a smile towards the girl.

"You should have seen Dani over there though during all that chaos. As much as I didn't like seeing her there; she definitely was kicking some deatheater a**. You would have been proud. I know I was. At one point I had covered some man's eyes with an obscuro and she finished him by sending him back crashing against the ground a good twenty feet away. Knocked him straight out, that's for d*** sure," he finished and maybe exaggerated a bit, but he was also glad to know that Dani definitely could take care of herself as well. It seemed their little makeshift family was full of people who kept composure during times that it was needed.

"And some have greatness thrust upon them"

mc2

Graydon Ironshield

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:03 pm
User Image
                                                User Image

════════════════════════

Sɪxᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ |❻| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Pʀᴇғᴇᴄᴛ |❻| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text

"Thanks," she replied cheerily to Toby's compliment as she stepped into the flat. Dani hugged Toby, and then accepted Veronica's in turn. "Oh, I missed you guys so much this year," she told them. Dani gave her adopted brother a hug as well and passed the gift bag off to him. "I'm glad to see you're still in one piece," she told Theo.

When Veronica was offering drinks, Dani accepted the butterbeer proferred to her with a thanks, and added, "My father was a big drinker, and I could never get past the smell of the stuff he drank. Always reminded me of wet newspapers."

Eventually the discussion strayed toward Theo's choice of career, and it really wasn't too surprising he'd decided upon becoming a Hit Wizard for the Ministry. Considering how much effort he'd put into his Dueling technique, his talent would have been wasted really anywhere else.

When Theo mentioned Dani's performance during the chaos at the train station, she smiled, and said, "Wasn't even all that, really. I did what needed to be done to give the younger kids a chance to get out of there. I'm a school prefect now, it's kinda what we're supposed to do: look out for the other students, especially the ones whom can't protect themselves. Certainly wasn't going to let them get a shot on Ashley while he was trying to heal up poor Grace. Never saw Leo look so scared before either, then again Grace would have died if Ashley hadn't been there. After that, I helped out the Aurors and was healing people up until Grandpa Quinn showed up."

RedEagleEye007

mc2

The Forgotten Weasley

════════════════════════

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:28 pm
User Image
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andrew Smith spent his summers home from Eton College along with his brother, but he was getting annoyed being cooped up. It felt stifling, also since his mother was in town all the more annoying. The cow was demanded to know how prepared he was for A levels and such, which Andrew was prepared and preparing for just fine, and he really didn't need her looking over her shoulder. Why the cow couldn't just go on some business trip was beyond Andrew. Well except nothing recent came up and considering she often did when something awfully happened to some building or something maybe in the whole scheme of life it was better she was home. Didn't mean it made the prospect of Andrew's summer any better. Of course, he had a simple solution, he did know another adult, one who lived in London where he was thinking of going to University. After all he could study in London and be all the more sure of his decision in universities. It was more productive. Or that was what he planned to tell his cow of his mother when he got around to calling her.

The one problem was he wasn't entirely sure where in London his half-sister was living in London. She wasn't exactly talking to their mother, not that he blamed her. And whatever happened in those two last seeing each other a couple years ago, his mother still was annoyed about. And it seemed like it was beyond just Veronica's refusal to go to university and go straight into the work force. Considering the comments his mother made, Andrew wouldn't have been surprised if Veronica hadn't slapped the woman, though he doubted Veronica had. He'd have heard probably worse. Unlike his mother, though, Andrew found his sister awesome. Probably because she was almost nothing like his mother-at least personality wise. Ronna did have the same blonde hair and a lot of similarities in looks, though taller and freckled, but the similarities in looks and fascination with suddenly having a big sister was partially why he and his brother had taken such a liking to her.

So, Andrew looked up Carl Manhattan, Ronna's former guardian and lawyer (or father's lawyer or something, he was apparently an old friend of her father either way), who had told him readily enough where Veronica was living with her boyfriend. And, so, an over-sized bookbag on his shoulder and a gym bag in his hand carrying some changes of clothes, his school stuff and laptop he showed up at the flat's door, figuring he could at least sleep on her couch. He'd have the common decency to leave if she decided to shag her boyfriend or whatever after all. And there was plenty of stuff open late in London. It was London.

He paused at the door, thinking he heard more than two voices but figured if his sister had friends over it shouldn't matter right? Ronna had a problem with their mother, well he wasn't her, and he totally agreed she was a complete cow. Veronica and him agreed and were linked by being related to the horrid woman. Ronna was cool, surely she'd take pity on him. So, with a hopeful smile, Andrew raised his fist and rapped several times on the apartment door waiting for a response.

Time: Summer of 2030

{OoC: }
The Forgotten Weasley

RedEagleEye007

Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:10 pm
I’ve been tryin’ to keep my grip,
Yeah I think I’m over this.
I can hear it now, oh no, oh no-
Yeah my tongue will let it slip,
Why’d I do those things I did,
I can taste it now, oh no, oh no!
I’ll try my best, how much do I invest?
Like cardiac arrest, high voltage in her lips...

User Image
T O B I A S
P H I L E M O N
W A L S H

Dragon Research & Restraint BureauFormer GryffindorHalfblood Twin

Toby was perfectly content to not say much of anything, since he was worried that if he didn't carefully choose his words Ronna would be giving him suspicious looks and demanding to know what was wrong with him as soon as their guests left. He wasn't looking forward to that conversation, since he had no answers she would like or want to hear, so he figured if he remained fairly low key she would have nothing to use as ammunition against him. Unfortunately, 'low key' was not always that easy for him, and he slowly sat back down as Theo talked about his NEWTs and then the attack on Hogsmeade. He couldn't remember any sort of tragedy like that ever making him feel more protective... the last time he'd been involved in anything of that sort, he'd been hyperventilating while watching a sadistic vampire torture his father. But anyways, didn't Hit Wizards do more solo mission work, taking out lone threats, then fighting back against coordinated attacks? It was a notoriously dangerous job, maybe even more so than working as an auror. As Theo told battle stories and Dani modestly understated her own participation, Toby frowned as he heard the sound of another knock. It was too late for it to be a salesperson or anything like that, they hadn't ordered food, and they weren't expecting anyone else. Neither Gypsy nor Jer nor Jess would have bothered knocking. He wordlessly got up and went to the door, slowly opening it. Standing before him was a teenage boy with shaggy blonde hair and glasses. He had to be at least sixteen or seventeen, but Toby felt ancient staring at him. Maybe it was a case of the wrong flat number? "Can I help you, mate?" he asked in bemusement. "What flat number are you looking for?"

OOC:
mc2

RedEagleEye007

Graydon Ironshield

My innards turn, your eyes roll.
I’ll be there to take the fall...
I can feel it now, oh no, oh no-
Same old story since day one!
But I've got no place to run!
I can see it now, oh no, oh no...

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:22 pm
User ImageUser Image
Veronica Kiss

Andrew Smith

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the door opened, Andrew glanced up holding his smile, half surprised to see a tall male a few years older than him looking at him confused. Right, the boyfriend, Andrew reminded himself. He looked the guy over, figuring he was an alright bloke, decent enough looking, nice enough, helpful even, so for now he figured he was alright with the guy his sister was with. He didn't give that 'slimy' or 'too smooth' feel some blokes gave off. "Oh, this is the right flat," He said nodding to the door number, "Unless Carl gave me the wrong info... he seemed more the type to tell me to bugger off if he didn't want to tell me, though..." Andrew paused and shrugged and smiled at Toby and said, brightly, "You must be my sister's boyfriend. Nice to meet you, I'm Andrew." He held out a hand still smiling at Toby.

Meanwhile, Ronna was chatting with Theo and Danica, as Theo answered about his NEWT scores Ronna nodded, "I was smart and dropped any of the classes I didn't find particularly useful, myself. Granted, I had a lot more on my plate than you so, you better have done that well with all those NEWTs."

She shook her head as she took a sip of her beer as she listened to the conversation turn to the Hogsmeade incident. The Witch Watchers hadn't been called to the actual incident, but the aftermath they had been working on and she merely listened as Theo used the event to confirm his choice in being a hitwizard and raised a brow at Dani as Theo gave her credit. At least Theo as he got older was better on giving credit to others. And he could work with Dani at least. He was growing up, it was sweet, and it was much needed. "If you get accepted as a hit wizard, we might end up working together, Theo," Ronna said with a smile, "I'd of course be the brains and you the brawn, but isn't that how it always has been for us?" After all Ronna had spent how many years trying to serve as a level head for Theo? It was strange to think he was an adult now, almost stranger than thinking of herself as one.

She glanced to Danica and said, "Well I'm glad you didn't get hurt, and I think you were sort of taking your prefect duties farther than they necessarily expect... but Leo's sister was hurt? Where was her boyfriend? I thought he was going to be a healer or some..." she trailed off as she noted that Toby was still talking to someone and frowned as she thought she recognized the voice. "Give me a sec..." She said heading to the door to see the eldest of her half brother's at the door with a bookbag and gymbag and said, "What the bloody ******** are you doing here?"

"Hey sis," Andrew said brightly walking in past Toby dropping off his bag in the hallway, "I thought I'd crash here. Easier to study for my A-levels than back with the b***h hovering over my shoulders. I think she's paranoid I'll pull the stunt that you did or whatever. I don't know what you did to her the last time you two were together but it must have been bloody brilliant. She's still furious over that one. And I am looking at going to Uni in London so I thought I'd get a feel for the city and crash with you for a few weeks at least and..." He trailed off and looked into the living room spotting Danica and Theo and raised a brow, "Oh you have guests? Sorry, for intruding... I'm Ronna's brother, by the way. Let me guess, you two a couple too?"

He glanced at Danica and then Theo and said, apparently having the habit of blurting whatever first came to his mind, "I feel like she could probably do better, but maybe he has a great personality that totally makes up for it?" Veronica was rubbing her forehead and said, "Andrew..." she sighed and then shaking her head paused to finish off her beer and set it down on a hall table. She just hoped that no one mentioned anything relating to magic till she could manage to convince him to leave.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RedEagleEye007
Graydon Ironshield
The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:01 pm
    Theo Gibbs

Theo couldn't help but smile as Danica had handed over a small gift bag to him, glad to see her. The last time he had saw her was the chaos and she reminded him of that with her comment. And to say that he was in one piece was a bit of an overstatement. He still was sore to that day after the fractured rib he received. He was most certainly lucky that an adrenaline rush had set over him that day, because as soon as the action was done...he just about rendered stuck to the ground. He had laid on the station ground and just about stayed there for a good fifteen minutes before he actually decided to get himself to St. Mungos, where he learned that fortunately for him, that the fractured rib didn't puncture any other internals. "Well, I'm certainly lucky to be in one piece," he admitted, touching his hand to his head and ruffling his own hair for a moment.

He grinned at Ronna for a moment before he answered. "Yeah...I of course wasn't smart enough to get rid of some of the NEWT classes. I probably should have though...now that I look back on it," he admitted, shrugging his shoulder. That was all water under the bridge; so naturally, he wasn't too worried about it. He kept his smile as the conversation shifted to him and Ronna possibly working together at some point of his career. He actually wouldn't mind that. Taking another gulp of the alcohol he had in his hands, he answered her. "Hey, hey, hey, I have more than brawn to offer to this family now," he said jokingly, wagging his finger at her as he said it, a smirk on his face.

Listening to Danica downplay how well she did, mentioning something about how it was her prefect duty and whatnot. Theo appreciated the fact that she thought it was her duty, but he also thought that the girl's means for staying were more than just that. Well, Theo's means were different of course. Theo just had some sort of guardian complex going on, which he made very apparent.

He instantly responded to Ronna's question, as she inquired about Grace. "Yeah, and David was off healing others I think. He told me to go find Leo and her sisters. I did, but unfortunately, we found Grace after she got injured. There was nothing I could do. I would have healed her personally if Ashley didn't come over," he recalled. "I was injured so, it may not have been a good idea to try to get off of my feet. Because once I did do the chaos, I could hardly get up after." Theo looked to where Toby was once sitting before realizing the boy was no longer there any longer. When did he leave? Ronna went to the door for a second...and there was silence. He heard them talking about something, but the second voice he didn't think was Toby. Then who was it?

Soon enough, there was another kid in there...one in which he never met before. The boy introduced himself as Ronna's brother, to which Theo figured was her half-brother, because he probably would have heard of him if he was a full brother. As soon as the boy came in, he already was speculating on the relationship between Danica and Theo, but he was off. And not only that, he even said that Danica could do better. Chuckling, he looked to the boy then back to Ronna. "Yeah, that's definitely your brother. Blunt and brutally honest. No, Danica and I are not a couple" he joked before downing the rest of the beer that he had. He then got another and starting drinking that one.

mc2

Graydon Ironshield

The Forgotten Weasley

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:03 am
User Image
                                                User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Text

"He was," Dani said, confirming what Theo was saying about David. "He was healing people up during the fight, when he wasn't Apparating them away. Leo's practically taken up residence in Grace's room at the hospital. Mira and I practically had to drag her out of there so we could get things done for the wedding."

When Veronica excused herself from the room, leaving after Toby had, she could hear voices, including one she didn't recognize. When their hosts returned, they came back with a guy about their age, she guessed, with tousled blond hair and rectangular-lensed glasses. 'He's pretty cute,' she thought. She reasonably sure he wasn't a schoolmate of theirs, though she could not say with assurance, as she doubted she could recognize all the current Hogwarts students, but she still figured it would be wise to be circumspect in what she said in his presence.

The newcomer introduced himself as Veronica's brother, and Dani chuckled softly when he made the comment about how she and Theo might be a couple, and that she could do better. "Hi, Andrew, is it?" Dani said brightly. "I'm Danica Stewart-Quinn, though most just call me 'Dani'."

RedEagleEye007

mc2

The Forgotten Weasley

════════════════════════

OOC:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:16 pm

User Image
T O B I A S
P H I L E M O N
W A L S H

Toby was caught off guard, when, rather than looking lost and confused, the blond boy gave him an appraising look and responded rather confidently that this was the right flat. He then mentioned Carl, which really caught Toby off guard. Who was this kid? Toby quickly put two and two together though, and guessed he was one of Ronna's half brothers just as he said it. He somewhat awkwardly shook the boy's hand, not even listening to the chatter from the sitting area. "Toby. Did uh... does Ronna know you're stopping by or....?" He doubted the answer was going to be an affirmative. From what he knew (which was very little), Ronna wasn't very close with her mother's family at all. He had no idea why this Andrew kid was here, but there happened to be a lively conversation all about the wizarding world going on behind them, and Toby was half tempted to turn around and scream 'shut up' before the Obliviators had to be called in.

He looked down at Andrew's backpack and gym bag. Wait. Had he been planning on crashing with them? Toby wasn't exactly opposed to the idea, but he barely knew this kid and- "I'll take that as a no, then," he muttered as Ronna came over, sounding none too pleased to see her brother. He stifled a laugh at Andrew's reference to his mother, and then had to disguise actual hysterical laughter with a swig of his butter beer and a coughing fit when he looked to Dani and Theo. This was bloody perfect. He hoped Ronna didn't kick him out, but, then again, Andrew didn't seem like someone who'd be easily cowed by his 'sis'. When Dani brightly addressed him, Toby had to fight back a slowly spreading smirk.

OOC:
mc2

RedEagleEye007

Graydon Ironshield

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:17 pm
User Image

Andrew smiled with a hair of amusement as Ronna jumped into the conversation demanding why he was there. And Toby's comment of him taking it as a no almost made Andrew burst out laughing as he had wondered into the living room. When Theo corrected Andrew about his assumption while also comparing him to his sister he raised a brow. Something about Theo's smirk and laughter like he knew his sister so much better than him (and Theo probably did), irked Andrew. The guy after he opened his mouth Andrew decided was a git. A complete git. Or a borderline git. How the Hell did this git know Ronna, Andrew was still wondering. It seemed an odd group for a meeting with a co-worker. Too casual. And it wasn't some couple's hang out apparently. Andrew's attention was stolen though by the other girl, Danica or Dani as she introduced herself as. Andrew smiled in return of Dani's smile and said, "Dani, huh? Nice to meet you. And yeah, Andrew. Andrew Smith. Ronna and I happen to have the misfortune of being related to the same harpy... only difference is that apparently Ronna's Dad had some self respect and my Dad is perfectly happy being the b***h's little whatever the Hell she wants to make him be."

Andrew rolled his eyes and then narrowed his eyes suspiciously at Theo and said, "So, yeah, Andrew... who the ******** are you, then?" He glanced around the room, nodding at each, "Think your too bloody good to provide a name? Or is it you have some awful name like 'Harry Butts' or something? Because, I totally get not giving an introduction with a name like that." He rolled his eyes and flopped down on the couch and said, "Anyways, I'm crashing with Ronna for a bit this summer-" he continued on ignoring his half-sister who was shaking her head and massaging her forehead at the same time and muttering something along the lines of him not "-so, I figure I should get to know a bit on who my big sis knows. So, how do you two know Veronica?"

Time: Summer of 2030

{OoC: }
The Forgotten Weasley

RedEagleEye007

Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:31 pm
    Theo Gibbs

Theo watched in utter amusement as everything unfolded with the new kid showing up. He had no idea who he was, for he had never seen the kid at the school. He also knew Ronna was a muggleborn, which lead him to be a little cautious about what he said. He figured that he would just go with the Ashford lie to be consistent with what he told Sophie and what he told this kid. He didn't want to get mixed up in two different lies and get them mixed up at the wrong times. That would've been interesting though. As the kid got a bit...chippy, for lack of a better term with Theo, using an obscenity for a simple question...Theo shook his head slightly. "Theo...," he said, taking a swig of the beer again. He wasn't going to get in a confrontation with Ronna's brother of all people. The boy seemed a bit edgy towards him for whatever reason. The kid sort of implying that he thought he was too good to give him his name. No...he had only done that because the boy began with 'she could do so much better'.

The conversation shifted towards how he knew Veronica. "She's a childhood friend of mine," he said, not exactly lying. He did know her since he was eleven, which was technically childhood. Looking to Dani, he wondered what the girl could come up with. He really hoped the girl didn't say Hogwarts however. That's the last thing that he wanted was for the kid to not know about magic and find out about it. It was the reason he stayed rather quiet, because he definitely couldn't continue the conversation they were having previously.

mc2

Graydon Ironshield

The Forgotten Weasley

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:26 pm
User Image
                                                User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Text

"Wow," she replied to Andrew's introduction, and added, "and here I thought I had familial issues. Guess we can compare notes on the awful things our parents did to us."

Dani knew she needed to be careful how she answered Andrew's question, she didn't know what, if any, story Veronica had spun about where she went to school, and she'd hoped Theo would give her something to work with. Dani also knew she was a terrible liar, and always had been, so she needed to be careful what she told Andrew if they didn't want the evening to end with a visit from the Obliviators. "For both of us, actually," Dani added, reinforcing what Theo said, with a glance toward Veronica, and a sweet smile. "She's kinda always looked out for us. You could even say she's adopted us, after a fashion."

RedEagleEye007

mc2

The Forgotten Weasley

════════════════════════

OOC:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:50 pm

User Image
T O B I A S
P H I L E M O N
W A L S H

Toby figured he was a lot better at reading people since entering the workforce, as working in an office gave you a pretty good handle on reading between the lines. Theo irked Andrew already, he could tell. Toby didn't know if this was just a Theo being Theo thing or an overprotective younger brother thing, or maybe a bit of both. "I wonder if you two's mum's ears ring a lot," he commented out of nowhere. "Not that the constant s**t talking isn't fun," he took another sip of his butter beer. "It always warms my heart." He had yet to meet 'the harpy', 'the b***h', 'the cow', the woman who apparently commanded a multitude of names. She had better be on Cruella de Vil level. He didn't want to feel let down.

He choked on his sip of butter beer when Andrew accosted Theo on not giving a name. God, he almost hoped there was a fight. It'd liven things up, at least. "Hey, I always wanted a house guest," he mumbled, sinking back into his chair. At least Theo and Dani's lies were believable. A little simplistic, but decent. Though, Jesus, 'adopted'; they made Ronna sound like Wendy ******** Darling, looking after a horde of Lost Boys. Toby was vaguely reminded of why he'd always disliked Peter Pan; Peter Pan was a d**k.

OOC:
mc2

RedEagleEye007

Graydon Ironshield

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:17 am
User ImageUser Image
Veronica Kiss

Andrew Smith

Andrew narrowed his eyes at Theo as he seemed to reluctantly give his name and his look remained as Theo said she was a childhood friend of Ronna's and he finally softened his look and said, "Hmm? You don't sound like your from Kent. Not that I'm an expert on accents or anything." He shrugged and crossing his arms as he sat on the couch raised a brow and said, "Must be a pretty good friend to stick around some girl that you wouldn't see that often. I mean it isn't like you two went to school together or anything right? And I don't think Ronna's been back to Hawkinge since she was thirteen or fourteen."

Vernoica narrowed her eyes at her brother and didn't say anything as she got another beer and took a long sip and answered Danica about her and Andrew's mother, "It isn't so much as what she has done, it is what she doesn't do. And, it might do the cow some good to have her ears ring some more, might make her remember she has kids besides when it is convenient for her to remember." She took a long sip of beer and a silence fell in the room as Andrew looked to his sister and then around the room. When Toby more or less broke the silence with the fact he always wanted a house guest Andrew smiled and said, "See, sis, Toby likes me."

"Good, then you two shouldn't have any issue sharing the couch together," Ronna said dryly.

Andrew's eyes widened and he grinned, "You letting me stay?"

"I don't like getting into pointless arguments. For now you can, I suppose," She sighed, "What did you say when you told her you were staying with me? Because I'm still serious about getting a restraining order against her if she decides..." She trailed off and looked at her brother and shook her head, "You didn't tell her yet, did you?"

Andrew gave her a half smile and said, "Um... not yet..." He quickly got up as Ronna glared at him and said waving his hands pulling out his phone, "I can now..." and then looked baffled at his cell phone and Ronna said, "Yeah, the reception sucks in the apartment. Don't worry about it. You can call her later. Wouldn't be surprised if she hasn't even noticed you are gone yet. Your dad might or Nate, but that's not my problem. It's yours."

Andrew nodded slipping his phone back and then looking around the room at the guests and then gave a small smile to everyone and went, "So, childhood friends, huh? Where'd you all meet? What's this little party about anyways? What's there to drink?" Ronna sighed shaking her head and massaging her forehead once again. This was going to be a long afternoon and more, she could feel it already. She supposed technically she could tell Andrew 'oh year we're all magical and went to this wizard school together' since he was technically family and would probably not freak out about it, but could he keep his mouth shut? She doubted that if he stayed long he wouldn't figure out something was up or notice something off soon enough and with Gypsy and Jer and Jess just randomly popping into their apartment, the secret wouldn't stay quiet for long. Just lovely. Maybe when he realized they didn't have internet in the apartment either he'd leave after a day or so. Hopefully. She doubted wifi made up for a summer with their mother though.

RedEagleEye007
Graydon Ironshield
The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:31 am
    Theo Gibbs

Gryffindor Hit Wizard

When the conversation shifted towards terrible parents...Theo stayed silent. He unfortunately knew what it felt like to have extremely terrible parents...and knew all too well. For eight years of his life, he had no parents, no guardian, nothing. All he had was a football and too much time on his hands. He got along with kids at his orphanage, but the living conditions in the orphanage were terrible. There wasn't much food to go around...and the beds were s***. When his adoptive parents had adopted him, it was almost a god send and Theo never saw that up until about 2 years prior to that exact moment. The first eight years of his life weren't exactly good...and he hated reminiscing on it, but he was kind of forced to as the conversation had moved again.

Theo looked at the kid and he shook his head. "That's because I'm not from Kent. I'm not actually too sure where I'm from to be honest. I guess from Southside of London. Well...that's where my orphanage was," he said to the boy, reminiscing on his past a bit. A lot of people forgot that he was an orphan at one point...well, the people that he had told. Ronna probably didn't, but he didn't recall ever telling anyone at that flat about it. Theo after that was content with listening as an awkward state seemed to set itself on the room. Ronna didn't seem very thrilled about the prospect of her brother staying with her, but she seemed to give in to her initial thoughts about it.

Theo couldn't help but smile a bit however as he learned that the kid didn't exactly inform his parents that he would be staying with Ronna. Theo remembered all the times he did stuff without the acceptance of his adoptive parents, but then again, he didn't exactly see them as his parents up until 2 years before. And he still didn't exactly see Patrice as a father, but Eva he had grown quite close to. The woman even was helping him pick out an apartment in London.

Andrew then questioned their backstory. Theo...the good liar out of the him and Danica, figured he was to figure this out. Danica was not a good liar, which he learned while they were in London with Cathy and Sophie. Theo seemed to be the better liar out of the two...well, Theo was just a master of completely bullshi***** his way out of situations. Almost instantly answering as the boy had asked the question, he went away at an improvised story. "I was adopted when I was eight to a family that lived in Hawkinge. I met her just one day walking the streets and she was around. We weren't too old, but I still introduced myself to her and we became friends after that. Just a chance meeting: you know? She might've been a little sympathetic of my story," he said, shrugging his shoulders as to why they've been friends for all those years. It was rather amusing that he said, because he was ninety percent sure she wasn't exactly sympathetic about it. "And didn't you two meet in grade school? You were only a few grades apart anyway" He looked to Danica as he said it, asking a question, but giving her at least something to go off of. She may have to lie a tad about her age, or she could come up with her own lie.

"Oh yeah, and this party is just a small graduation party for me. It was more of an excuse for us all to get together and chill too," he admitted, shrugging his shoulders before drinking more of the beer. He hated that he had to answer all these but he figured someone had to.

mc2

Graydon Ironshield

The Forgotten Weasley

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:15 am
User Image
                                                User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Text

Dani never knew Theo was an orphan, and it made her to start to wonder what else about her friends did she not know. Here it was she'd been at school five years with Veronica, and never knew she had a brother, and while she'd known her dad, whom she adored, died in the line of duty, Dani didn't know her mother was still alive, even if she wasn't exactly well thought of.

"I'm not exactly on speaking terms with my folks, actually," admitted Dani. "In fact I pretty much consider myself an orphan and an only child. Maybe it's just better that way." After fifteen years of simply being Danica Stewart, it was an adjustment to now be Danica Stewart-Quinn. As far as she was concerned, only important people had three names, and she didn't really see herself as being 'all that and a bag of crisps' as it were.

Dani was secretly grateful Theo was able to spin a tale which actually made sense for Andrew, at least she hoped so. Dani nodded when Theo gave her a lead to work with on her own tale. "That's right," she said brightly, "Veronica was three years ahead of me, and she took me under her wing." Theo's lie was ostensibly the truth, at least so far as it went. They did meet at school, and were three years apart. Hopefully Andrew wouldn't ask about details, because Dani had no clue as to what cover story Veronica spun about her own academic career.

Dani slowly sipped at her butterbeer, and hoped Andrew wouldn't try to ferret more of a story out of her.

RedEagleEye007

mc2

The Forgotten Weasley

════════════════════════

OOC:

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items