Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Chat and Plot Zone
Lapsang Pony Conversation/backstory Hub Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:28 am
Posting to say I'm really excited to see what comes of this herd!

Also, not likely you need this soon but if you ever need a midwife or carer at some point you know who to call! ^^
I think Luljeta (Raspberry Leaf Tea) would at some point cross paths with your herd at a faire, even if it was just for some entertainment and supplies the company is welcome. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:29 am
NovaCracker
I'm steeping ide as! (I'm also shy but of rp wanted I do give my babies personalities. Just a shy goober.)

So far I'm thinking mine will be big on various tea ceremonies! Serving to provide others fresh teas to enjoy and offer a service for those interested in tea ceremonies for occasions, and for good luck or meditation!

She's also very likely calm and agreeable, but won't stand for trouble in her tea room.
nova, if you're ever interested in more tea ceremony plots, I have a soquili that also performs and enjoys them. ^^  

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Crew

Shameless Elocutionist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:45 am
Yumitoko II
I think Luljeta (Raspberry Leaf Tea) would at some point cross paths with your herd at a faire, even if it was just for some entertainment and supplies the company is welcome. biggrin

*whispers* Yes, hello, I would definitely love to plot with you sometime. I don't suppose Luljeta would ever be interested in having her fortune told? ;D

Also you should totes add me on AIM, if you have it. My username is nyoko.the.kitsune!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:04 am
Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

*whispers* Yes, hello, I would definitely love to plot with you sometime. I don't suppose Luljeta would ever be interested in having her fortune told? ;D

Also you should totes add me on AIM, if you have it. My username is nyoko.the.kitsune!
She'd love to! ^^
It would be interesting to see if it might come true. I'm always up for plotting / RP any time. biggrin

My aim is: yumitokoii
(Nice and simple haha.)  

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:38 am
Revel1984

I've been eyeing this actually, I know Shay is a little different to most Lapsang, due to his eyes. Familiar i bonded with someone else, being a birb and not lapsang style.

Shay has a 'warm' temper. He's pretty damn relaxed, it takes A LOT to get him annoyed, unless someone innocent is being hurt, or he sees someone bullying. He's rather large so he tends to be slower in his movements than most others. Just not sure exactly where he'd fit in, though i would like him to be part of the herd, i don't rp much though, i like to plot a lot.

biggrin Well, there are plenty of things he could be if you wanted him to join the herd. He could be a merchant/food vendor, an entertainer, a reenactor on the field, a storyteller, or even a "King" -- A male ( who takes turns with other "king of the day" stallions so they can take breaks: Though actually sometimes its kng of the festival or king of the week, sometimes they rotate daily so king of the day is often the term used since they can switch out when needed) that is given a regal looking garb when in character that watches over tournaments, knights guests (usually foals), announces the championship tournement along side the Queen of the day (as Queens are the female equivalent of Kings - Character actors with the same roles) as well as gives the rewards to the tournament winners, has a daily tea party with the Queen of the Day and guests who had signed up and paid to join the tea party, and mostly just wanders around with the Queen of the day greeting guests or having a tent they hang out with for simple portrait paintings with guests. They tend to be pretty jovial and friendly but also need to be pretty stately looking as well: A larger stallion could easily fit the role, and mostly he'd just make toasts, make announcements, and be given a regal costume for the period where he's acting as king.

His eyes wouldnt be considered an oddity to them since it DOES happen in others too, and might actually help him as a vendor or king of the day since it'd make him more approachable to guests.

NovaCracker
I'm steeping ideas! (I'm also shy but of rp wanted I do give my babies personalities. Just a shy goober.)

So far I'm thinking mine will be big on various tea ceremonies! Serving to provide others fresh teas to enjoy and offer a service for those interested in tea ceremonies for occasions, and for good luck or meditation!

She's also very likely calm and agreeable, but won't stand for trouble in her tea room.

ooo that sounds cool! Is she going to be a set location lapsang tea master with like.. A cave or a longhouse or tent turned into a tea house that people can come to? Or will she be traveling? Are you forming a herd with her or joining someone elses or having her be a Solo-pony?

If you wanted to join the Reenactment faire herd, she could even have her tea house as a beverage vendor in the faire if you wanted where she could also host classes on proper etiquette and the different types and histories of tea ceremonies, or even just have a larger scale tea party of sorts that are little private tables waited on like a restaurant rather than the group led party like the Queen and King of the day host . OR she could even be a "Queen" (Much like the description of King I wrote up for Revel, only gender swapped) and have one higher scale party per day.

Yumitoko II
I think Luljeta (Raspberry Leaf Tea) would at some point cross paths with your herd at a faire, even if it was just for some entertainment and supplies the company is welcome. smile

A Traveling group could always need a midwife since some of them, even if they were NPC characters, are lifemated pairs, and sometimes flings happen, and pregnant guests do sometimes visit so she'd be more than welcomed visitor or even member if she felt like joining so she'd have group to travel with when venturing location to location to help others. You dont need to be a Lapsang to join the herd.

AND of course, they are a faire and Visitors who aren't actually visiting on business but instead to enjoy themselves are sort of a necessity to keep running! So she, and pretty much anyone else who isn't a skinwalker or out to cause suffering or to hunt guests are welcomed guests.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:42 am
mindsend

biggrin Well, there are plenty of things he could be if you wanted him to join the herd. He could be a merchant/food vendor, an entertainer, a reenactor on the field, a storyteller, or even a "King" -- A male ( who takes turns with other "king of the day" stallions so they can take breaks: Though actually sometimes its kng of the festival or king of the week, sometimes they rotate daily so king of the day is often the term used since they can switch out when needed) that is given a regal looking garb when in character that watches over tournaments, knights guests (usually foals), announces the championship tournement along side the Queen of the day (as Queens are the female equivalent of Kings - Character actors with the same roles) as well as gives the rewards to the tournament winners, has a daily tea party with the Queen of the Day and guests who had signed up and paid to join the tea party, and mostly just wanders around with the Queen of the day greeting guests or having a tent they hang out with for simple portrait paintings with guests. They tend to be pretty jovial and friendly but also need to be pretty stately looking as well: A larger stallion could easily fit the role, and mostly he'd just make toasts, make announcements, and be given a regal costume for the period where he's acting as king.

That actually sounds like a plan, being large and not really given to violence, due to his slower movements, wouldn't be good at re-enacting the battles, king suits, and in the meantime he could run a market stall or something, maybe food related hehehehe.

I'd definitely love plots for sure.

Yumitoko II
*flings Shay at your mare again *coughcough*  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:56 am
Revel1984

That actually sounds like a plan, being large and not really given to violence, due to his slower movements, wouldn't be good at re-enacting the battles, king suits, and in the meantime he could run a market stall or something, maybe food related hehehehe.

I'd definitely love plots for sure.

biggrin Well, Kings can be food related too so Shay could be a king who hosts a nightly grand feast (signed up and paid for by visitors wishing to stay) as well! With plenty of foods for different diets (Herbavore, omnivore, piscivore, carnivore, maybe even a small selection for insectivores) served and beverages including meads and beers on top of teas, juices, and flavored waters. Something most soquili/many familiars (outside of hippogryphs, who, while capable of eating things that most soquili couldnt like cacti and scavanged meat thats getting a bit on the ripe side, are also a breed capable of regularly cooking foods and making meals that require a lot more preparation, pawed soquili, and the familiars with handy feets like Raccoon, River otters, birds, lizards etc.) wouldn't get to eat on a daily basis that is still fairly easy to make in large quantities. Since Lapsangs are part of the Hippo'Suti areas for generations, clawed ones are not uncommon and thus likely run pubs and restaurants back home. Makes sense they'd exist here too.

Also I miss wrote something meant for you into the post for Novacracker: His eyes wouldnt be considered an oddity by them, and could actually help him as a king (Or vendor) since the more friendly looking and familiar eyetype could make him more approachable to guests who would see the typical resting b***h face of the majority of them and be intimidated while he'd be able to set them at ease.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:03 am
mindsend
biggrin Well, Kings can be food related too so Shay could be a king who hosts a nightly grand feast (signed up and paid for by visitors wishing to stay) as well! With plenty of foods for different diets (Herbavore, omnivore, piscivore, carnivore, maybe even a small selection for insectivores) served and beverages including meads and beers on top of teas, juices, and flavored waters. Something most soquili/many familiars (outside of hippogryphs, who, while capable of eating things that most soquili couldnt like cacti and scavanged meat thats getting a bit on the ripe side, are also a breed capable of regularly cooking foods and making meals that require a lot more preparation, pawed soquili, and the familiars with handy feets like Raccoon, River otters, birds, lizards etc.) wouldn't get to eat on a daily basis that is still fairly easy to make in large quantities. Since Lapsangs are part of the Hippo'Suti areas for generations, clawed ones are not uncommon and thus likely run pubs and restaurants back home. Makes sense they'd exist here too.

Also I miss wrote something meant for you into the post for Novacracker: His eyes wouldnt be considered an oddity by them, and could actually help him as a king (Or vendor) since the more friendly looking and familiar eyetype could make him more approachable to guests who would see the typical resting b***h face of the majority of them and be intimidated while he'd be able to set them at ease.

ooooh Feast King-for-a-day sounds awesome, he likes food. Also maybe storyteller in the interim times, (not that i'm personally good at telling stories)

Me and Yumi have a plot where my full Suti Chalbi found her as a foal and raised her, it would be interesting if they ever travelled the desert to perform, cause he NEVER leaves it.. he might go to the edge but never leave.

Anyway Shay's pretty chilled, but often among the first to speak up against a wrong-doing however unless someone's being vicious or mean, he's pretty good at mediating too. I like that he's got a different expression, (resting b***h face, lol) Great that it works for that.  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:13 am
mindsend

I'm totally up for her joining the Faire troupe!

I'd also be game for her joining Queen rotation. She can offer lessons on off days for curious patrons and perhaps act as a vendor with a nice tent.

Maybe she can make her own tea blends too?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:57 am
mindsend

A Traveling group could always need a midwife since some of them, even if they were NPC characters, are lifemated pairs, and sometimes flings happen, and pregnant guests do sometimes visit so she'd be more than welcomed visitor or even member if she felt like joining so she'd have group to travel with when venturing location to location to help others. You dont need to be a Lapsang to join the herd.

AND of course, they are a faire and Visitors who aren't actually visiting on business but instead to enjoy themselves are sort of a necessity to keep running! So she, and pretty much anyone else who isn't a skinwalker or out to cause suffering or to hunt guests are welcomed guests.

I have plotted with Revel that her parents attempt to cross the desert with their children (they are on their way to meet other family for a get together, possibly a lifemating or birthday, I'm still figuring out details) but find themselves under prepared, they save their supplies for their children. Chalbi finds them and tries to care for them but it's too late and ultimately they perish, except for Luljeta. At first he's not sure how to take care of her or if she will survive the night, but she does. He finds in time that she's omnivorous which is a relief to him but there is still a factor of worry because she still needs a balanced diet of some sort.

In time he teaches her how to survive, Chalbi does rely on his powers to be able to feel for water within a small range and remove dirt from water, but when push comes to shove he can survive without them. She ends up learning things like water straining and boiling it to kill germs, both of them start to explore the desert more and he moves closer to a known oasis but knows it wont last forever and could easily dry up at any time. Over time him and Luljeta get better at scouting out resources. Luljeta ends up talking to trader herds and passers by, when they help others, they are sometimes paid with smiles and the knowledge that they've done something good and other times some herds will return to thank them.

I do have it plotted that she will leave the desert and become more nomadic herself. She will keep in contact with her dad Chlbi using her familiars / friends who are messenger birds for her.

I have thoughts of how she might tie in to this:
Luljeta sets out, wanting to see more than the desert. When she finds out there's more to life than sand she's curious to go and see the world .
At this point in life she ponders her purpose, until she falls into the job of being a midwife (just in the right place at the right time???) she meets an older mare who is in need of help and so Luljeta does so. While she does this mare passes her knowledge onto her and she takes on the position of apprentice midwife. After time traveling with this mare she happens upon a traveling re-enactment herd (*cough*) where she sees these wonderful festive suti putting on a show for everyone, the shows intregue her and she enjoys her time at the faire. This is where she meets Hinata and has her fortune read, Hinata gives her quite an unexpected reading and she leaves sort of flustered. During this time she meets Shay at a stall or maybe sees him as king, she's fascinated that his eyes are just like hers, they're soft, maybe they don't talk, maybe they do, but she remembers him (again still hashing things out).

After the faire is over the old mare's health begins to decline and sadly this mare in time passes away and Luljeta continues on by herself.

Possibly I could have it that in a few years or so (in her timeline, during this time she's becoming acquainted with her friend Li Shun), she sees the Lapsang herd again and sees Hinata to tell her that her reading was wrong and it turns out that Hinata accidentally read herself. At this point she stays around to help Hinata. It's open ended whether she eventually joins or not but I certainly wouldn't say no to that. :'D

It's just something quick I thought up anyway, I've been talking to Nyoko about Hinata and some fortune reading plots too. biggrin

I already have it plotted that she will help a soquili named Snow White with her first pregnancy, she is surrogate for a couple and has no mother to give her advice, as one might. So Luljeta is on hand to let her know what to expect and to help, I will find some place to put that in her time line too~! ^^

Revel1984

Yumitoko II
*flings Shay at your mare again *coughcough*

They will cross paths at some point, see above possible plot. Maybe they'd see each other again. x'D  

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200

Insane Butterfly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:16 pm
biggrin I'd like to perhaps get kuto into this. ^.^  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:14 pm
I would love for Londyn Kemuri, to join the troupe!

Backstory: Londyn has been with the troupe since early on. He heard about them before their first faire, and appeared one day during practice. How he heard about the faire so early, is a mystery. In the beginning, he failed at everything. He seemed passionate about the history involved with the Lapsang warriors. He thought this was his calling, to reenact fights with others. Even though it was just a reenactment, Londyn would fall down easily, or was quick to exhaust while training with others. Londyn had lived a very sheltered life it seemed, though he would never tell where he came from. He worked hard, and practiced often. He even tried his hand at tea ceremonies, at the suggestion of someone in the group. He made a mess of this too! Struggling to find his niche, someone approaches him with the idea of aerial acrobatics. Believing his light body structure, and delicate manner, to be perfect for swift movements mid flight. The only problem, was there was no one to really teach him such things. This wasn't going to keep Londyn from trying though! Giving his all, he began training from the break of dawn, till late evening, practicing twists and turns in the air. It was difficult at first, but with the help and encouragement from his new friends, things began to click for him. Even those on the ground, would guide him with ideas to try, that might be show worthy. Then Londyn would implement those ideas. Overtime, he began to create feats of his own! This was what he was good at! Though he remained humble. Even though nobody knows his story, this was his new home. Whenever the group would disband, to go home, Londyn always hung around. He had nowhere else to go. Sometimes following others in the group, when they would invite him to their home for the night.

His smoke smells like toasted marshmallows, with a hint of vanilla. He can leave a small trail of smoke in the air, while performing. The mystery of his origin, could be used to add to his story? One they could tell before his act?  

Lunadriel

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:58 am
Yumitoko II

I was thinking of having Chocolat join the troupe, and she is going to be a midwife (I had it mind when I was picking her temper XD), so that may be covered but I'm sure she wouldn't be above swapping stories and information with your mare  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:54 am
CitrusCupcake

I was thinking of having Chocolat join the troupe, and she is going to be a midwife (I had it mind when I was picking her temper XD), so that may be covered but I'm sure she wouldn't be above swapping stories and information with your mare
Luljeta's a collaborator so that would work perfectly fine, if you read the entry from the partnered RP contest you'll see that she's perfectly happy to work with others in her field and other professions too. biggrin

Another midwife would be great because 2 sets of hands is always better than one. I'm writing up a profile for her but if you'd like to read the entry that me and Sweeny did in the partnered RP contest that would be great. You can find that here.

I had it in mind that Luljeta should be a midwife because of the tea she's based off. ^^
Her name is Albanian for flower of life too, I thought an Albanian name might fit because of where a lot of raspberry leaves for the tea are sourced from Albania.

If you could tell me a little more about your mare maybe we could set some nice plots in motion. biggrin  

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:18 am
Shay thinks that TWO midwives is fantastic, so much better than one, especially if there's more than a couple of pregnant mares around. Shay would push for even MORE Midwives to share tips and stories, because that would be a brilliant addition to the herd, so says the king-for-a-day .. lmfaooooo XD  
Chat and Plot Zone

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff