• Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:06 pm
SilentVex
Kor Saiyajinkami
SilentVex
Kor Saiyajinkami

Could I join as Kor? I'd love to RP in the RP, but I'm not a big fan of creating new characters for RPs and I prefer RPing as Kor in every RP that I participate in. Of course I'd apply the Nerf Mechanics system to him for the RWBY RP's Universe and any additional nerfs you might want me to apply to him so that he could be my RP character for the RP.

Don't think it would work well in this case. Not so much out of the 'multiverse' aspect that he operates in, as much as the limitations of the RWBY-verse. To fit in he'd have to give up most of his powers (since each person really only has their weapons plus their semblance) and he'd have to fit into a school environment.

Plus there's a kinda-interresting kinda-wierd naming rule for RWBY.

Kor enjoys pretending he doesn't have any of his powers or using them in a way that just appears to be powers from the Universe he is in. Would it be okay for him to just use them in a way that makes it seem like he's using powers that exist in that Universe? As for the weird-naming rule, he could adopt a nickname that fits in with that naming rule.
Been thinking about it as I try to figure out a story for the rp. But I think I'll have to draw a line at in-universe characters. Sorry man, trying to look at the bigger picture is all.

Of course if you wanted I could try and help adapt Kor so he'd be essentially the same character, but from the RWBY-verse. But I'm just thinking, if I open it up to non-RWBverse characters once, I can't justify not letting all sorts of colourful characters in that would sort of ruin the theme, ya know?

So what's the difference between me having him from the RWBY-verse and pretending he is in such a way that he does seem to be from it? Also you could allow me to RP as him without being forced to let anyone RP as any character. I created Kor as a Multiverse Traveler when I first came up with him so that he would be able to RP in any RP that the RP creator would allow him to join up. If you want a reference from another TSSA RPer who let Kor into his RPs, you could always talk to omgIisonfiyah about how well it worked out with Kor joining his Pokemon RP series. Like I said before he could be nerfed and limited to whatever degree you feel is fair and that would include him using none of his powers that couldn't exist as legitimate powers within the the Universe of the RP. In Fiyah's Pokemon RP, Fiyah only let Kor be allowed to use his martial arts skills as those were the only powers that Kor had at that time that Fiyah figured was fair to everyone to allow him to use. Tho if you don't want to allow him into the RP that's alright, I guess I could read the RP as a spectator which wouldn't be as fun. Take your time to consider it some more and if you want you could always let the other RPers vote to see if they'd be okay with it.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:16 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
SilentVex
Kor Saiyajinkami
SilentVex
Kor Saiyajinkami

Could I join as Kor? I'd love to RP in the RP, but I'm not a big fan of creating new characters for RPs and I prefer RPing as Kor in every RP that I participate in. Of course I'd apply the Nerf Mechanics system to him for the RWBY RP's Universe and any additional nerfs you might want me to apply to him so that he could be my RP character for the RP.

Don't think it would work well in this case. Not so much out of the 'multiverse' aspect that he operates in, as much as the limitations of the RWBY-verse. To fit in he'd have to give up most of his powers (since each person really only has their weapons plus their semblance) and he'd have to fit into a school environment.

Kor enjoys pretending he doesn't have any of his powers or using them in a way that just appears to be powers from the Universe he is in. Would it be okay for him to just use them in a way that makes it seem like he's using powers that exist in that Universe? As for the weird-naming rule, he could adopt a nickname that fits in with that naming rule.
Been thinking about it as I try to figure out a story for the rp. But I think I'll have to draw a line at in-universe characters. Sorry man, trying to look at the bigger picture is all.

Of course if you wanted I could try and help adapt Kor so he'd be essentially the same character, but from the RWBY-verse. But I'm just thinking, if I open it up to non-RWBverse characters once, I can't justify not letting all sorts of colourful characters in that would sort of ruin the theme, ya know?

So what's the difference between me having him from the RWBY-verse and pretending he is in such a way that he does seem to be from it? Also you could allow me to RP as him without being forced to let anyone RP as any character. I created Kor as a Multiverse Traveler when I first came up with him so that he would be able to RP in any RP that the RP creator would allow him to join up. If you want a reference from another TSSA RPer who let Kor into his RPs, you could always talk to omgIisonfiyah about how well it worked out with Kor joining his Pokemon RP series. Like I said before he could be nerfed and limited to whatever degree you feel is fair and that would include him using none of his powers that couldn't exist as legitimate powers within the the Universe of the RP. In Fiyah's Pokemon RP, Fiyah only let Kor be allowed to use his martial arts skills as those were the only powers that Kor had at that time that Fiyah figured was fair to everyone to allow him to use. Tho if you don't want to allow him into the RP that's alright, I guess I could read the RP as a spectator which wouldn't be as fun. Take your time to consider it some more and if you want you could always let the other RPers vote to see if they'd be okay with it.

I suppose it's less of a issue of weapon, as I'm sure you could figure something out, and tail, since he'd either just have to keep it around or hide it constantly, as much as it's how he would mimic Aura. On one hand, his crap ton of powers would have to be all but removed while in here, seeing as an Aura is either focused as a (as Jaune Arc put it) force field to help absorb blows, and is measurable.

Hmm, thinking on it, after pretty much eliminating everything outside of enhanced stamina/strength/speed, could always have someone unlock his aura and discover his semblance over time.

So yeah, I suppose I'll put it to a vote here then. Cause personally, so long as you could get him to fit in as a first year at Beacon Academy, I honestly think we could get it to work.

Shiningdragon21
wolf_with_a_dragon
Saikii

Suppose I'll leave it up to you guys. Whenever you get a chance just vote yay or nay. I wont vote unless somehow three people come to a tie. ^^"  

SilentVex

Married Hellraiser

11,725 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Married 100

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:23 pm
SilentVex
Kor Saiyajinkami
SilentVex
Kor Saiyajinkami
SilentVex

I suppose it's less of a issue of weapon, as I'm sure you could figure something out, and tail, since he'd either just have to keep it around or hide it constantly, as much as it's how he would mimic Aura. On one hand, his crap ton of powers would have to be all but removed while in here, seeing as an Aura is either focused as a (as Jaune Arc put it) force field to help absorb blows, and is measurable.

Hmm, thinking on it, after pretty much eliminating everything outside of enhanced stamina/strength/speed, could always have someone unlock his aura and discover his semblance over time.

So yeah, I suppose I'll put it to a vote here then. Cause personally, so long as you could get him to fit in as a first year at Beacon Academy, I honestly think we could get it to work.

Shiningdragon21
wolf_with_a_dragon
Saikii

Suppose I'll leave it up to you guys. Whenever you get a chance just vote yay or nay. I wont vote unless somehow three people come to a tie. ^^"

Does he have to be a student? Could he possibly be a teacher maybe? Anyways I imagine I'll hafta make it a top priority to watch the series regardless of whether or not I'm in or just a spectator. Also you may want to go back and edit your post to include the "=" inside the quote for ShiningDragon21 so he will end up receiving a notification that you have quoted him.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:24 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
SilentVex
Kor Saiyajinkami
SilentVex
Kor Saiyajinkami

Shiningdragon21
wolf_with_a_dragon
Saikii

Does he have to be a student? Could he possibly be a teacher maybe? Anyways I imagine I'll hafta make it a top priority to watch the series regardless of whether or not I'm in or just a spectator. Also you may want to go back and edit your post to include the "=" inside the quote for ShiningDragon21 so he will end up receiving a notification that you have quoted him.

Cross that bridge if it comes to it.  

SilentVex

Married Hellraiser

11,725 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:26 pm
SilentVex
Kor Saiyajinkami
SilentVex
Kor Saiyajinkami
SilentVex

Shiningdragon21
wolf_with_a_dragon
Saikii

Are you talking about him possibly being a teacher OR are you referring to me making it a top priority to watch the series?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:28 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
SilentVex
Kor Saiyajinkami
SilentVex
Kor Saiyajinkami

Shiningdragon21
wolf_with_a_dragon
Saikii

Are you talking about him possibly being a teacher OR are you referring to me making it a top priority to watch the series?

teacher thing. cross that bridge if they vote ya in.  

SilentVex

Married Hellraiser

11,725 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:30 pm
SilentVex
Kor Saiyajinkami
SilentVex
Kor Saiyajinkami
SilentVex

Okay. Well here's to hoping they vote me in seeing as I need a 66.666...% vote since there are only 3 people voting.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:32 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
SilentVex
Kor Saiyajinkami
SilentVex
Kor Saiyajinkami
SilentVex

Okay. Well here's to hoping they vote me in seeing as I need a 66.666...% vote since there are only 3 people voting.

It's jsut easier since 3 is an odd number.  

SilentVex

Married Hellraiser

11,725 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:35 pm
SilentVex
Kor Saiyajinkami
SilentVex
Kor Saiyajinkami
SilentVex

Those are some daunting odds still seeing as my participation in the RP lies in the hands of so few people. If by chance they vote to not have me join, do you think I could get a second vote at a later date if the amount of RPers increases enough to possibly warrant a re-vote?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:36 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
SilentVex
Kor Saiyajinkami
SilentVex
Kor Saiyajinkami
SilentVex

Those are some daunting odds still seeing as my participation in the RP lies in the hands of so few people. If by chance they vote to not have me join, do you think I could get a second vote at a later date if the amount of RPers increases enough to possibly warrant a re-vote?
Probably. *small shrug* again, burn the bridges when we get to them.  

SilentVex

Married Hellraiser

11,725 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:49 pm
SilentVex
Kor Saiyajinkami
SilentVex
Kor Saiyajinkami
SilentVex

Probably. *small shrug* again, burn the bridges when we get to them.

Okay. I was just curious about whether or not you'd have the vote be a final thing if the answer was no or you'd allow a possible re-vote at a later date in that instance.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:55 pm
Ooh, a vote. Umm...I vote nay.

Nothing against you Kor, you're a cool guy and all, but I don't like the idea of a character from outside the RWBY universe in the rp. You can nerf him and have him pretend all your want, but it won't change that he's not native to the RWBYverse. And for me that would ruin the experience because I'll constantly be pulled back into reality when I see your character post. I like to lose myself in a world when I rp, and to have a character act and think as one from outside of the universe the rp takes place in ruins the effect for me.

I would personally prefer you take the time to create a character from this universe specifically for this rp like everybody else will have to do. I mean, character creation is part of the fun of an rp, and if you aren't willing to go through that experience like everybody else, why allow you to join?

Just my thoughts on the matter. Sorry for the rant. And ultimately it's up to Vex on whether or not you're allowed in, not me.  

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:29 pm
Quote:
badge

Appearance:
Student ID: (name)
Weapon:
Combat specialty:
Team:
Level: (entails your clearance within the school, unless told otherwise, your clearance is basic student)

User:
Personality:
Family:
Year:

It could use some changes. What do you think?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:37 am
I would say no personally. I mean. I have seen your character Kor and with all honesty that character is ridiculously over powered in every way possible. I doubt that something of that level would work in this kind of RP. Stick with making new characters for the RP.  

Shiningdragon21

Omnipresent Mystic

15,190 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Shiningdragon21

Omnipresent Mystic

15,190 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:31 am
Silent was kinda waiting for you to do a Profile to get an idea of what's gonna be on it. Kinda sorta finished mine but still need to put the bio and weapon/sembelance.  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff