Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:54 pm
"I hope so, dear," Neema said brightly, noting the sigh but not pressing the young lady on the topic of her family. It was not her place, and she suspected Antara would rather forget about that for the night.

"Your brother has quite the loud mouth on him," she remarked, "Word spread quickly about--"

Then she noticed that Antara's attention had drifted. She fell silent and watched as Antara's anxiety took over-- but it was different than before. So she looked around, trying to pick out who or what exactly might be such a cause for concern- but nothing obvious stuck out. She didn't even notice Chunyue or Lunik lurking nearby.

nessiaing

"We wouldn't want that, Nyeusi," Ume said reassuringly, confidently, "That's why my friends and I are here. I won't blame the Great Lion one bit for abandoning us if we can't make things right."

He spoke loud enough so that he could be overheard. He had clearly thought about what he needed to say, what his justifications were. Ume had known no other pride than the one ruled by the violent usurper, but he trusted that it could be better. That those voices who did speak out were not lying about how much better it used to be.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:04 pm
Puhterodactyl

Oh good, he didn't feel quite as alone in this place. A lion he recognized, but didn't quite know started to speak to him. "Oh, so we didn't miss the fun?" He said with a smirk. Surely there would be consequences for this, but that was something he would deal with later, for now he was just going to see what happened.

"But?" he asked. His eyes wondered from time to time around the area. He felt slightly uncomfortable, or maybe a bit out of place. He didn't expect an answer, but figured he'd ask anyways.

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:27 pm
Quote:
User ImageLunik spotted young Chunyue next to another guard. What were they doing here? Well, he really could care less about the other guard, with all the other participants considered, but Chunyue ought not to have been there. The royal guard made his way over to the black and green male and sat next to him, silent and brooding, shooting daggers with his stare. Tyfu would not be pleased to learn of her son's attendance.

Quote:
User Image
"You know..." He shrugged. They had peace now under Shangyue. But he had heard of how the king came to power. He actually seemed like a pretty bad guy. But his mother, Tyfu, had been trying to drill it into her offsprings' heads that he was the end all, be all of kings. He didn't know what to believe. Lions even told Chunyue that Shangyue was his father. Well, the evidence was hard to dispute. His sister's markings, some of his own, and the amount of time Tyfu and Shangyue spent together would certainly allow for it or suggest something.

But Tyfu had never admitted it, so he believed that left room for doubt. What if Shangyue was his father? Would he then have to stand beside him against the rebels? He cast his eyes towards Umepatwa. He was clearly offspring of Shangyue's yet stood against their... well, maybe just his father. The lion was torn.

He then noticed the royal guard near him and the other guard. Chunyue decided he'd said enough.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:30 pm
User Image

Yue'shi had waited long enough to see if her friend was going to reappear on the border before another had met her instead. A white lioness, one who had invited her inside, and whom she had felt a compelling need to listen to.

So it came to pass that a daughter of Meshach made her way through the Mwezi'Johari for the first time. She avoided speaking with anyone by giving the others a wide berth, but when spoken to she had always answered as if she were just another member; just a female looking to join the cause.

On the outside she may have looked calm, but on the inside she was a hot mess. She didn't get very far before deciding to turn back, though perhaps fate was telling her to stay, when it put Boinedal closer to the border than she. "What are you doing?" She hissed from behind him. Maybe with him by her side she would be brave enough to actually make it to the gathering this time. "Did you...wait, did you come to find me? I was out here for hours! Anyway, never mind, let's...there is a thing going on, something with hunters, and I want to know more. Will you take me there?"

Ecavi

nessiaing

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:51 pm
To say Boinedal was surprised by hearing the voice of Yue'si coming from behind him would be the understatement of the year. He swallowed back a yelp. "I well I was coming to get you, but..." he trailed off for a moment his heart still pounding. "What you are doing already here?" he asked her.

When she quickly told him that she knew of the gathering he gave her a nod, "Yes I was coming to get you, to show you what was happening. No one will notice you, majority of the hunters have gone on strike. It is a hunger strike against the king." he told her quickly. He began to move towards the centre of the pride where the activity was. "Right this way m'lady." he said to her ushering her back to all the activity.

Painted Moose

Antara realized that she had stopped talking or paying attention to the one lioness who had been kind enough to come up and talk to her when most others chose to stay away. "Sorry I um I was day dreaming." she admitted embarrassed for getting distracted. She hoped that the other lioness wouldn't think she was too rude. She decided she would tackle the problem of Maja when the other lioness had moved on.

"Do you think my father will hear of this get together?" she asked the other lioness. Between Maja being here and worries of repercussions from her father she began to question whether she should have come out at all. "She was very proud of her brother though and wanted to support him.

Ecavi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:03 pm
Neema looked back at Antara and didn't hesitate to put a smile back on, she was curious but there would be time to investigate later- unlike her mother, she could control herself very well, even at her nosiest.

"I'm sure he will," she said, "But don't let that worry you. Umepatwa seems to be working hard to make sure his presence here is known, that could easily cover for many of the other guests. I hope he's ready for the consequences."

The lioness looked off to where the busiest part of the crowd was, shaking her head. He seemed aware of what he was doing, but she wasn't so sure he truly understood the dangers. It would be interesting to see what happened after tonight.

nessiaing

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:19 pm
Antara was thankful that Neema didn't ask any further questions about what had distracted her so much. "I am sure he knows exactly what he has gotten himself into." she said with a warm smile. She had never gotten the chance to spend too much time with her brother, she had been the "heir" and kept in the royal dens, and when not under the watchful eye of her father she was busy being a loyal apprentice. She admittedly did love the work, she just wished it wasn't a forced job.

"I have a feeling that he very much wants our father to know exactly what he has done, not only that but he wants him to know he was able to get this number of lions to join him in his public strike."

Ecavi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:41 pm
"I suspect you're right," Neema agreed, looking back at Antara with a smile. It was pleasant chatting with the unofficial princess, and it was reassuring to know that her life with the King had not destroyed whatever goodness was in her- Neema liked to think Lailah had a little something to do with that. She certainly hoped her sister knew to be especially kind to a little lady in such an unfortunate situation.

"I'll get out of your fur, then," she said, giving Antara another nudge and then a quick wink, "Don't tell Lailah you saw me here. And do try to avoid your brother, let him be a spectacle and just enjoy yourself."

She didn't worry about getting an answer and wandered off through the crowd again. Tonight was going to be interesting! It was a shame her mother wasn't around, Aysu would have loved this.

nessiaing

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Ecavi generated a random number between 1 and 15 ... 7!

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:55 pm
Raffle - Week 1
Small enough to write out the list. If necessary in later weeks, I'll roll by page and then post #. If it lands on me or a previous winner, the post immediately after will be the winner.

1. nessiaing
2. AstoriaFallen
3. mouselet
4. nessiaing
5. Puhterodactyl
6. I Lady Kiya I
7. Velveteen Angel - winner!
8. Puhterodactyl
9. mouselet
10. nessiaing
11. I Lady Kiya I
12. Puhterodactyl
13. Painted Moose
14. nessiaing
15. nessiaing

Velveteen Angel

You get first pick of Tamaa, Isibongo or Anaishi!

Their provided personalities are just a starting point, and you can begin to RP your pick right now (they are present, after all!) All three were either born-in or joined young, they've just remained in the background of the goings-on.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:15 pm
(I've had him for a LONG while and he was always on the side for the rebels, but had never actually conducted anything with them before)

User Image Gwaihir remained where he was, silent and listening. He was curious about everything, how they were recruiting and what they were planning. He hoped to learn more. He had honestly never spoken to any of them before but he knew the faces of many here. He'd been in the pride since before Shangyue took over and he had a sour taste in his mouth about how he came into power. He had been there for all of it, though not personally in some aspects. One of the main reasons he was here tonight was to keep the peace if anything started and possibly learn what he could about any future plans the rebels might have. He hadn't been involved in anything they had going on to date, but he wasn't unaware of what could aspire from everything. His gaze followed the entrance of some more guards, to include a Royal Guard or two. This night was getting interesting to him and he remained where he was. If someone wanted to involve him, he was sure someone would approach him or ask him what he was doing.

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:55 pm
Nyota had heard that the hunters were doing something tonight, and it wasn't difficult to find the not-insignificant number of lions gathered. Her heart leapt at the sight, lighter than it had been in a very long time--things were well and truly moving now. She stayed on the fringes of the group as she reached it, intent on stepping in should one of Shangyue's show up to start a fight...and feeling a touch out of place. Most of those present were far younger than she, some young enough to never know a time before the traitor king. She found herself drifting toward Uchanjaa, as both another guard and not so...youthful as everyone else.

Apatheia found herself...oddly torn. On the one hand, her duty was to hunt, and she upheld that as a matter of honor. On the other, she was fully of the opinion that something needed to be done about Shangyue. He reminded her of the creation story of her birth pride, and the reason they barred males from holding any sort of power. Strange, that in another time, and another pride, that she might be reliving the same sort of tale... She wondered if her son might be here as another hunter, and her eyes swept through the crowd, scanning for him.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:08 am
Maja was straining to hear the familiar voice in the crowd, though hearing all the rowdy comments about their monarch - Maja was certain that the sweet female that he had met would not partake in slander. He frowned, as he listened to the words. He didn't really know anything about the monarch, but he had a feeling that there was a lot of unrest about his rule.

He moved closer, trying to understand the situation a bit better. As he stepped, he walked into Iaeratu who was listening to the surrounding conversation.

The huntress startled as the male ran into her, though thankfully not at large speed. She wasn't a bulky female, and he was quite large (though it was mostly fluff), and had he hit her at great speeds, he would have knocked her over.

As it was, it was merely a tap, and enough to make her snap, "oi, watch where you're going!" unaware of his issues.

"Oh! I'm so sorry," Maja stammered back, his blind eyes wide with worry. "Did I hurt you?" Oh, he was useless...

Ecavi
I can not resist the personality of Anaishi <3 I will claim her! Thank you Cavi!

Velveteen Angel

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:56 am
nessiaing

Why she was here wasn't really important; well, it was, but Yue'shi wasn't going to tell him. Not yet. "A hunger strike?" It hadn't occurred to her that the pride's hunters would even do that. The act was a gutsy move against a ruler who wasn't known for his warm, forgiving attitude.

The lighter colored lioness padded quickly after him, straining her neck to see past Boinedal to the gathering beyond. It was impressive to say the least! Seeing this many taking a stance against their King was down right heart warming to her. Leaning closer to her friend, Yue'shi murmured, "Which one is Umepatwa?" All she knew of the lion was that he was fairly young, and male, which didn't help her in picking him out among the group.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:47 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Arriving fashionably late was Ndogo who'd missed a great portion of this. Look, he had gotten tied up with other events, but he still made it in time, he thinks!

Still, Ndogo followed the voices and whispers and now he heard his very loud brother speaking. "What's all this then?" He asked as if he hadn't overheard everything as he moved closer to the dark one. His tail flicked from side to side with uncertainty before taking a seat right next to Ume, watching him carefully.

A strike was called until things were set right, but he was really worried about what happened if it took longer than anyone was anticipating. "Umepatwa, good to see you're still vocal about things." The way Ndogo phrased things was lazy, but his eyes and body language was read that he was a wee bit tense about everything happening right now. He wasn't sure what was going to happen in the future and well... Change seemed to be inevitable, for good or bad.  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:28 pm
Umepatwa beamed when his brother arrived, giving him a friendly shove when he sat down at his side. Naturally, the two of them were the closest of their siblings, if only because they were the fortunate two who got to live together and with their mother. It was often on his mind, just another motivation to get this all taken care of.

"Ndogo," he greeted him, "Glad you finally made it! Did you know these guys were making fun of my face?"

He looked square at his brother and offered him the best impression of Shangyue he could offer-- but it wasn't much more than looking grim and sour, and there was no denying that it was not such an attractive look for the young lion.

Saint Sergio

Kamia's attention was drawn back to the center of the crowd when Ndogo arrived, and it was then that she caught sight of a very purple figure in the corner of her eye. Her heart skipped a beat. Antara was here, too. It was hard enough to watch the boys get themselves into trouble, but Antara was more vulnerable if she was caught.. assuming she was still stuck under her father's paw, which seemed less and less forceful since the arrival of proper heirs.

Forcing herself to turn away, she leaned against her friend and sighed.

"Well, my bunch are here," she muttered to Ota, "Where are all of your troublemakers?"

Ota pushed gently back against Kamia and offered her a reassuring smile. This was something they had to work on. Of course their children were involved this way, there was no avoiding it. And then everybody else.. it was heartening to see the support but it was terrifying to see everybody putting themselves at risk. How many were not here? How many remained loyal to the King? Or, perhaps even worse.. how many simply didn't care?

"I'm sure they're around here somewhere, doing something just as dangerous in less obvious ways," she said, shaking her head, "They've all had some questionable role models, haven't they?"

Kamia smiled and shook her head.

"With a touch of youthful recklessness, I suppose."

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas