Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:51 pm
"Kin..."

Nina-dini, Ikwezi, Lunik, Nazani. All family, all former slaves, all current royal guards. That didn't seem to be so few that Nina-dini would be alone, but compared to the rest of the family, it was a very small portion. And he had never witnessed brother and sister bonding over their rank. Ikwezi and Nina-dini walked the same path but with different ideals, it seemed. That Kin wanted to support his family was no surprise.

"You can't run, and you may as well ask a mountain to hide if you think you'll talk Nyeusi into it," he added to Nyeusi's arguments with a soft smile, having spent much of his early friendship with Nyeusi trying just that, "And you can't vanish, aren't you a Historian now? The pride needs you to be present. My mother and Wazitandama have kept out of the fighting but Shangyue forced you into it. Join us and learn more, remember more."

It wouldn't hurt to have a Historian involved, right?

"In fact, that could save you if we lose, too," he said suddenly, glancing to Nyeusi and back to Kin, "Whatever information you gain from us will surely serve the King if he is allowed to reign beyond this war. He used my mother to justify his method of rising to power, surely he'd love an insider who saw how the rebels fell apart."

He spoke so quickly, it was clear the idea only just occurred to him and he was confident he was right. If they won, his experience and perspective would be invaluable to pride. If they lost, it could be twisted to serve the king and that was the kind of safety net he would want.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:52 pm
Kin cringed away from Nyeusi, ears folding back. "It was just an idea! I don't know what else to DO!" He glanced between the two, chewing his lip. "Just... What DO I do? How do I avoid Shangyue's wrath, while not, you know..." He motioned at Nyeusi. "Killing anybody! I'm a historian, not a murderer!" He glanced at Vesper, chewing his bottom lip. At some point, he worried at it so much that it began bleeding. "I'm not sure your words make sense, either... Are you asking me to be... A spy? A double-agent, or something?"  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:23 am
The lioness looked from one male to another. Vesper was being wholly reasonable - more than she felt Kin deserved - trying to persuade the idiot to switch sides and even providing him the excuse he'd need if somehow the killer on the throne managed to win this whole thing. She was not, at all, a fan of compromise and had no interest in spending more time with the coward. Vesper could take care of himself.

"Well, if nobody's killing me and you boys are going to talk until the sun comes up, count me out," Nyeusi informed them, turning to leave. She had more than enough other things to do before the night was done, and none of them involved Kin.

It was Shangyue's first, half-hearted attempt on her life. He shouldn't have wasted such a freebie, nor used it so late.  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:46 pm
Vesper sighed, watching Nyeusi go and shaking his head. At least she was safe. He looked back to Kin with a small smile.

"No, you can safely stay among the rebels and wait out the war," he clarified, "If we lose, then you explain your value as a first-paw observer of the rebels to the king and hope he sees the use in it. If we win, then you're safe."

Vesper didn't expect to lose, but someone who didn't want any part in either side would want to know there was a plan in place to at least try to keep them safe. And Vesper was sure that Kin's unique rank and situation would save him whatever happened, but only if he joined the rebels now.

"Come on, I'll take you to where we're currently camped," he said.

Andranis

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:37 pm
He chewed his lip, considering the words, then nodded. "Alright." He followed Vesper, ears ever moving in case a loyalist had overheard them. A non-fallen loyalist, anyway. If worst came to worst, he could claim he faked defection. How many could he convince of that, though? Enough, Kin hoped.  
[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff