Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:16 pm
He had an answer ready when she asked where they would go, but the rest of her words stopped him and he only stared at her. His expression was serious and only half as troubled as he truly felt- and none of his usual insecurity or anxiety remained there. Orion was so far out of his element, he had no experience or expectation to fall back on. All he had were guesses of what was to come, whatever path they took from here. He seemed entirely different for it.

"You're not going to get a say in that unless you kill me, right now," he said, his ears turning back but his posture relaxed, "I'm already injured, and I can't stay here and expect to live but I won't go without you. If you don't want to be rebel, you have to prove it."

He had survived the fight with Tyfu, but that didn't matter if Halili remained loyal to the King.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:47 pm
"What!?" Halili turned her back on Orion, facing the depths of the den. Kill him? Her mate, her beloved, her chosen life-partner who'd given up the high class for her? True, she didn't always agree with him, sometimes to the extreme, but she couldn't, wouldn't ever kill him.

"I can't kill you," she admitted, back still turned. "But I am not leaving." The lioness turned back enough to look the male in the eye, revealing the tears that had dampened her cheeks.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:00 pm
Orion watched her, holding his breath and waiting for her answer- he knew she wouldn't kill him but he almost hoped she would. It was the only thing that would keep her safe if she refused to leave. His heart broke when she turned around, refusing both to kill him or leave with him with tears in her eyes.

"It would have been kinder to kill me," he said, barely audible as he realized he was still holding his breath.

It wasn't a lie to say that she had to kill him if she wanted definitive proof that she was not a rebel, but now he realized it might have to be a lie that he wouldn't leave without her. He didn't want to leave without her, what little protection he imagined he might offer staying was far too little. To the King, loyalty to her mate would be as good as loyalty to the rebels.

Orion stood there silently for a few minutes, trying to find words- a more characteristic look of anxiety and confusion taking over his face- but there was nothing to say. It would just simply be better for her if he wasn't here when someone inevitably came looking.

So without another word, he turned around and left his mate and his home.

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff