Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
Undiplomatic Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:52 pm
"The guys doesn't, no, but the Muscles do." Odd replied, taking a look over at the man in question.

"Think you could pick out the one they're protecting?" Lykas asked him, holding onto his bag as it rested over his shoulder.

"Maybe. I didn't really try all that hard to memorize what his soul felt like since I didn't know he was important at the time, though." Odd replied, his eyes taking on a black-ish glow as he channeled his spiritual energy into his eyes. He didn't necessarily see anything familiar but he did detect a total lack of enmity towards others from the Muscles. Just a buttload of caution.

"I'm gonna try something." He finally said as the glow faded from his eyes, slowly approaching. "Excuse me?" He'd asked as he approached the two men. "I'm an emissary from the Hoenn Branch Office of the International Police, Special Division." He introduced himself. "Have you gentlemen seen anyone suspicious in the area?" He asked, flashing his SNAG for a brief instant. With a bit of his illusory skills, he was able to disguise the device as a badge that looked convincing enough for the short time it was visible that they should buy his story. It just depended one whether or not they were willing to speak to him.  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 9:34 am
The structurally sound adult males give Odd an untrusting look before deciding to give into the ruse. Without realizing it was a ruse, of course. "Well, there was this one blue-skinned kid that tried to grab our employer's rear end," the first one shrugged, practically speaking loud enough for people in the adjacent routes to hear.

"Not to mention those weirdos in orange and red acting like glorified gang members," the second one chimed in.

"Why? Looking for anyone in particular?" the first one asked, still giving off the air of suspecting Odd.

I faceplamed, suspecting that the first muscular individual was referencing Lykas and wondering to myself why anything surprised me ever anymore.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 12:24 am
"Orange and red?" Odd asked, scratching his chin. "Sounds like Team Flare. We received a report that they were setting up some kind of base in this area." He said to himself rather calmly, as if he were contemplating what he should do next.

"Would you might terribly if I left an associate of mine here while I look around the town a bit more? She shouldn't bother you too terribly much, if at all." He asked, pointing to Keiko. "I feel like she'd be safer in a public place, especially with such....intimidating looking individuals nearby." He had to catch himself, nearly referring to them as obvious bodyguards, before he blew his own cover here. Hopefully they'd agree Keiko could sit nearby at least until they left. She should be able to pick up some kind of information about them and possibly the Sinnoh diplomat once the men were gone and in the meantime, they could search around town for signs of Flare setting up a base somewhere in here.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 6:35 am
"Yeah, that's what we need. More of those weirdos," the first bodyguard huffed.

The second looked over at Keiko and gave a slight smirk. "Yeah, she's kinda cute. Send her over," he said.

The way they looked at her made me uneasy, but they were a bit quieter now, and I couldn't make out what they were saying.

Keiko must have noticed it, too. "Why are they looking at me if they're supposed to be talking to him?" she asked nervously.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 10:37 am
Odd nodded calmly, not really caring for the second man's tone. "Thank you, gentlemen. As I said before, she shouldn't bother you too terribly much." He said before turning to walk over to Keiko. He spoke quietly when he reached her so the men wouldn't overhear him. "Alright, Keiko, you're going to hang out here at the cafe for a little while while the rest of us look around for signs of Flare." He told her before looking to Terashi, who he knew wouldn't like this idea. "She can try to get those two talking and find out a little information for us." He explained before turning back to Keiko once more. Think you can manage that? Just try to get them talking to you rather than the other way around. They don't seem like the type to take to others starting deep conversation."  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 2:31 pm
He was right. I wasn't happy about it, for reasons he was unaware of. For reasons I didn't really understand yet, for that matter. But if she could get any information out of those two, we would probably desperately need it later on. The mission took precedence.

"I... guess I can try," Keiko answered, every willing to help despite feeling uneasy about being volunteered in this way. Nevertheless, she made our way over to the bodyguards, leaving the three of us alone. 'So, what's the plan, then?"I asked, trying not to think about where Keiko was going.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 10:07 am
"Just be careful." Odd told Keiko as she walked off. He really didn't like the way that other guy had mentioned her being cute. "Lykas, stay here and keep an eye on her. If either of those two decide to get too friendly, jump in there and get Keiko out." He told his partner, who nodded and walked off to find somewhere he could watch over their friend without getting spotted easily.

"As for us." Odd said as he turned back to Terashi now, we're going to look around and try to find out where Team Flare is setting up their base." He explained. "The town's not very big so they can't be hard to find. I mean, they don't even have a true Pokemon Center here....." He pointed out. Terashi might notice the lack of that iconic red roof along the tiny hamlet's skyline now if he hadn't before.  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 10:37 am
Keiko walked up to the bodyguards and started chatting with them, finding them much more receptive than Odd did.

"So, we're walking right up to their front door?" I asked. "We're supposed to avoid drawing attention to ourselves, especially from Team Flare. We'd be better served going back to the hotel and looking for dirt on the diplomat there, especially if his room is unguarded due to his bodyguards being out here," I explained. If Odd could give an argument that proved that going to Team Flare's base would be a quicker route to completing the mission, I'd back off, but it seemed like a bad idea.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 6:29 pm
"We don't need to get inside the base. We just want to know where it is in case we need to get there later." Odd pointed out in response. "We need to know what they've got on the diplomat, right? We can snoop around and find out nothing or we can at least figure out where they might lure him to if they try blackmailing him." At this point, he looked around for a moment, attempting once again to try and see if he recognized the spirit of anyone in the area as the man he saw earlier. No on stood out at the moment, though.

"We can split up or we can stick together and go with whatever you come up with if you'd rather. I don't have anything else at the moment."  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 5:28 am
I sighed and nodded "No, you're right. Let's find out where their base is, first." I said, adjusting my pokeball-holding belt. This mission was risky no matter how we sliced it. No point in whining about it.

It took about ten minutes, but we finally found one of the buildings that was not like the other. It didn't quite stick out like a sore thumb, as some small part of me was hoping, but it was odd enough to merit suspicion. Of course, the two guys in orange and red near the doors kinda helped us find the place.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 8:45 pm
Odd followed after Terashi, trying to keep a spiritual eye on those around them, just in case someone stood out to him. They didn't. By the time, they had found the right place to spot Flare members, he had come to a conclusion. That guy he'd seen earlier was either not in the public eye and was, therefore, back at the hotel or was not the person he was lighter oking for in the first place. Of course, there was also a third possibility but he preferred to not consider it without evidence. Flare might have gotten to him already and he couldn't sense him outside because he -wasn't- outside.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:31 am
I kept my jumped conclusions to myself as I skimmed through what I could see past the windows. Considering how sparse the inside seemed, I had to assume this was merely a place to hire new members, or that the majority of the base was underground - a seemingly recurring theme among teams.

"Well, well, well," A masculine voice ushered from the side, making me jump a bit. "Spider caught him some flies."

"Team Flare doesn't appreciate little boys meddling in its affairs," spoke a female Team Flare grunt, the male/female grunt pair standing side by side with malicious grins. "But we might take it easy on you if you give us your pokemon."

"Nice try," I scoffed, releasing my Ralts.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:03 am
Odd smirked at the Flare grunts appeared. "I was wondering if you were going to leave us alone or not." He commented, having sensed them walking around nearby. "Since you've decided to be gracious hosts, I should thank you with a battle, I suppose." He said as he pulled a Dusk Ball from his pocket and released a Shuppet. "Come on.....whatever your name is." He told the Ghost-type.

~I have told you my name is Iqrskrl-rlhlog'yt-rus'ddhl-rha!~ The Ghost declared, spinning around to face Odd for a moment before it turned back to the battle. ~And I am not your puppet. Not unless you call me by name.~

"I can't pronounce that and you know it, you....Thing!" Odd yelped back at it, probably freaking Terashi and the Flare grunts out a bit.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:38 am
I completely ignored the freaky stuff in Odd's direction and focused on the male grunt as he released a... bird pokemon that I didn't recognize.

Fletchling, the Tiny Robin Pokemon

These friendly Pokémon send signals to one another with beautiful chirps and tail-feather movements. Despite the beauty of its lilting voice, it's merciless to intruders that enter its territory.

Oohkay. "Let's test the waters with a Double Team," I told it, the Psychic-type, dashing about, creating a chi copy of itself with each change of direction until there were about a couple dozen of them, each staring intently at the Fletchling.

"Heh, thought you looked the brainy type," the Flare grunt sneered. "Use Agility, Fletchling. More speed should help you find the real enemy quicker."

Despite the redundance of that claim, Fletchinder obeyed, dashing about like crazy whilst slowly accelerating.

"Okay, let's try Disarming Voice, next," I told Ralts, the copies all singing in a hauntingly beautiful voice. The Fairy-type energy seemed to emit from each of the copies, but this increased neither the volume nor the damage of the move.

Fletchling tried to lower its head and cover it with its wings to avoid the pain in its ears, to no avail. "Hey, none of that now. You do as you're told! Start Quick Attacking. Try to find the real enemy!" the grunt shouted, apparently displeased with his Pokemon.

"Okay, start using... ooh. Confusion," I told Ralts, seeing the strategic value of the move in this situation as it was displayed on my SNAG.

Each Ralts emited a warped, twisted ray of Celestial Chi. The copies could only do this visually, as they had no power to attack on their own. But the multiple rays of light, as well as the move's own tendency to confuse its target, would surely in my favor. Sure enough, after Quick Attacking only a few copies, it started stumbling about as if dazed.

"Don't you talk back to me!" the grunt roared, taking Fletchling's weaknesses personally. "Hit'em hard, and don't let up!"

"Keep up with those Confusions," I told Ralts gently. The following was much of the same, although Fletchling hit dirt about as many times as it hit a chi copy. Unfortunately, it eventually hit one that reacted to the attack - in other words, it hit Ralts itself.

"Heh, gotcha. Use Flail!"

Fletchling reared back and put the full force of its weight into a full-bodied flop. Due to the damage it received from the multiple Confusions and its power dives, it was on its last legs. Unfortunately, that made Flail hit Ralts all the harder, the move leaving it barely kneeling.

Fletchling, however, had little energy left, plopping onto the ground itself to rest, though it hadn't fainted yet.

"Piece of crap bird," the grunt spat. "Knew I shoulda asked for a stronger 'mon."

I held my arms behind my back, secretly using my Snag Machine to turn my only Pokeball into a Snag Ball. "Hey, give your Fletchling some credit. It's been putting everything it has into this battle for you."

"That doesn't mean anything if it can't even take down a baby doll," the grunt huffed in return.

This made me smirk. "Well, if you don't want it," I shrugged, before throwing the Snag Ball. "HEY!" the grunt roared as the ball shook, although he looked anything if not defeated when the ball let out a 'ping'. "Aw, well, enjoy your crappy bird, I guess. I suppose I'll just have to whoop you my-"

The grunt fell silent as my Ralts sent a Confusion directly to his head. The poor guy fell, but he was still alive. This made me smirk at my Ralts - apparently it didn't appreciate people that were mean to their Pokemon.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:03 pm
The young woman facing Odd released her own Pokemon after a moment of staring at the channeler like he was crazy. The Pokemon that appeared before her was not one Odd, or her partner, apparently, would have expected.

"Escavalier!" The Cavalry Pokemon exclaimed, brandishing it's twin lances towards Shuppet.

"Ew! Why'd you send that one out? It's hideous!" Her partner demanded to know. "Call it back and use the other one."

"Bite me. Beauty is subjective, after all. And my knight in shining armor is a lovely sight!" The young woman retorted. "Esky, use Twineedle."

"Cavalier!" The Bug-type exclaimed as it darted forward at high speed, lances glowing dull green with a purple tip.

"Use Sucker Punch." Odd commanded, avoiding the direct use of names.

~I will end you, mortal!~ The Eldritch Ghost-type retorted, refusing to move.

"Do it or you're gonna hit!" Too late. Escavalier's attack hit, jabbing at the clothe-wrapped Ghost back to back. Luckily, it escaped without even getting poisoned.

"Do you even know Sucker Punch?" Odd asked the Shuppet as Escavalier returned to rest before it's trainer. Clearly it had a moral code of it's own.

"You don't even know your own Pokemon's moves?" The Flare girl demanded to know. "What kind of rookie are you?"

"Talk to the wall." Odd snapped, conjuring a veil of Black Fabric between the girl and her Pokemon for a moment. "Answer the question." He told his Pokemon as he took out his SNAG and tried scanning it. The Pokedex pulled up without issue but when he pointed it at the Shuppet it seemed like the whole device crashed, refusing to display any data regarding it at all.

~I know what I know, mortal.~ Shuppet replied.

"Then do something you annoying Thing! Otherwise you're going in the lantern." Odd retorted, growing irritated with the Shuppet.

~Anything but that. The other one is unbearable!~ Releasing his Black Fabric now, Odd could finally hear his opponent again. Seems Black Fabric can even cancel out sound when it's close enough range to it's source.

"Faites attention à moi de vous le cul!" The Flare girl screamed at him for a moment, positively fuming. "Escavalier, X-Scissor!" The knightly Pokemon darted toward it's foe now, lances crossed and glowing with it's Bug chi. Just as it began to slash, dragging it's energy out into blades, Shuppet vanished, reappearing with fists of darkness at it's sides.

~The human may be annoying but you are offensive simply existing in my presence.~ It told the Cavalry Pokemon before pummeling it with Sucker Punch. The Steel-type insect was battered by the dark constructs for several moments before Shuppet's eyes glowed bright black, erupting outwards with a dome of death-like energy.

Odd tried to sense what was happening within the dome of Night Shade but nothing was making it out of there to detect. When it ended, the Pokemon lay on the ground with Shuppet hovering over it.

~It ends. Even the strongest spirit breaks in the presence of true evil.~ Thing exclaimed in triumph, floating back toward Odd.

"Take your Pokemon and go. I won't even waste my Pokemon's energy if you send another one out." He warned, hands glowing black as he prepared is Soul Siphon, ready to take her soul for his own if he had to even as he recalled Thing to it's Pokeball.

The young woman recalled Escavalier and reached for another Pokeball, faltering for a moment when she saw his threat and his visible resolve to carry it out. "This isn't over!" She cried as she turned to run, picking up her partner, who she failed to notice was lacking in outer coverings.

((saving you the trouble of having to type up Terashi stripping him and taking his clothes))  
Side RP Board

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff